Spoiler I'm Stanning the Prince [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shoshorang, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Donadapohatoda

Donadapohatoda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I'm Brazilian, and I'm loving these fanfics, thanks for brightening my day!!I love this couple and I was really sad about the hiatus but I discovered these stories and I'm obsessed with them

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    Lemew, sugarwhale, Meomeo0411 and 3 others like this.
  2. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And her eyes. I could get lost with them. I WILL SIT HERE AND LAMENT THE FACT THAT IM NOT BREAKING THIS 4TH WALL, I love her so much. Eonni let me show you the world. And I wonder if she'll be really devastated if say her hair messed up that she grew for 8 years. Aight time for angst.
    After sometime, exiting the boutique, Rayburn forcing her to wear the boots he picked in a random stall that fit-thankfully. Rayburn is sure, someone or some people are following them. Angela blissfully unaware and too excited with the fan date. Rayburn looks at her, and sighs contentedly; he'll deal with them in short while. But first, "fan" date with Angela.

Angela, finally buying him and Mano their suits (and after some persuasion her dress too, matching the designs). Angela proceeds to drag him to one stall after another; she tactfully maneuvers away from anyone who says "Scholar" or "First prince". He managed to see their faces, must be bandits. Rayburn calculates which place is safer for Angela. Finally, they enter a tavern. It has enough people, and the bar keep seems to follow safety protocols well. Angela is safe here.
    "Angela, I need to go out for a moment. It will take a minute. Stay, please. Do not leave our seat"
    Angela nods, "I'm ordering their fish and chips. It's their best dish. Hehe. Dont be late, my prince." Angela waves as Rayburn exits with a head tilt. Now, to beat those stalkers to a pulp.

Angela waits for her food and her prince. This tavern is quite cozy, it's not too loud nor too quiet. And nobody is calling her "Scholar" this and that, so that's a relief on it's own. Someone taps her shoulder, an elderly.
    "Sasha! It's been ages! My, my, child. You grew so much." The halmeoni squishes her cheeks "and also a little chubby. Thank goodness, Grandma was worried you know. Where have you been, eh? How's your Ma? Pa? And Bridgy boy, that little droplet still hopeless as ever?" Angela's being bombarded upon one statement and another. This old lady was mistaking her for someone else,"Granny, I'm not Sasha." Granny pauses and gasps "Bridgy?! Oh- Oh my- sorry grandma didnt know. When did you transition? Oh my, oh my, I have two granddaughters now. You look really pretty, sweetie" Angela smiles, she's one energetic and progressive granny "No no no no. Granny I believe you- ECK" Granny drags her out of the seat and takes her out through a backdoor, quite fast and keeping on blabbering about old times and such. Then Angela feels her hair pulled, whistling noise, and released in matter of seconds, it feels tremendously lighter- no. No no no. Angela stops being dragged and touches her hair. The granny's eyes glint and changes her tune "Oh, who are you?" Angela spins behind and sees two twinks stuffing her hair in a bag. She rushes to them and grabs the wrist holding the full bag. The boy squeaks, then she hammers him down with her bare fist and brings the other one down with a kick at where the sun doesnt shine. The granny backs away slowly, until Angela yelled "STAY WHERE YOU ARE, LADY." Granny petrified for a moment (that's all Angela needs), turns to bolt but not in time; Angela grabs her by the collar and throws her into the pile. Angela is furious. Extremely. Furious. "EXPLAIN" she spits, venomous tone, pointing to her cut hair and bag.

Rayburn returns after taking care of the bandits. So they were aiming for Angela, disgusting. She's safe now, Rayburn sees Angela in her seat but in a foul mood. Huh, that's a first, the barkeep is apologising a lot, along with three beaten up individuals being, criminals? They were dragged out right beside him, he quickly reaches Angela. And taps her fist gripping the empty glass. Angela orders the barkeep to leave and grips his hands without any warning and starts to leave. Rayburn follows, and okay ouch her grip is tight.
    Angela's walking aimlessly, not stopping at stalls, not pausing even for a rest, just walking at a faster pace; she's not even looking back at him. Rayburn called out to her multiple times, it seems she's too wrapped inside her head to hear him. This continues until Angela finally slows down and stops in an alley. And she sucks in a sharp breath. She's crying, Rayburn quickly wraps himself around her and ask her what's wrong. She just sobs and hiccups. She's holding onto a small bag, he sees brights golden locks in it. He unties her hood, oh. Her hair was cut. Definitely against her will. Rayburn puts the hood back on, and comforts Angela. He doesnt say anything, just hugs her tighter, and rubs circles on her back.

Angela remembers one of the slave traders slashing her hair and saying "Well, this will definitely fetch enough gold" and those three robbers did the same thing. She was so angry. So so angry. Her hair is her only- it's the only thing she can hold onto, the only proof that some of the dreams she had were real, it was taken away yet again. Haizzz. Hic.

3. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First that was brilliant writing..secondly oh God, oh God Angela sweetheart is so sorry I didn't even think about slavers wanting her hair :cry::cry::cry:

sugarwhale, Lemew and Meomeo0411 like this.
  4. Donadapohatoda

Donadapohatoda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed that Angela has great marksmanship, maybe she used a bow as a child. When she is with the cotton candy prince, she plays a game of darts and wins first time. Or am I crazy I don't know

sugarwhale and ISTP23 like this.
  5. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe she hunted growing up to eat wouldn't be hilarious if she was better than Frederick

6. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *ROLLS OUT MY BOARD* Actually, I think Angela might be a very well educated carpenter. Remember the first chapter? THE VERY first chapter when Angela is freaking out about the fact that her cringey, politically charged, fanfic was published. We got a bit of glimpses of her room. And we see a bunch of 3d assets laying around in her room. Writing tools, lots of wood, a bucket of apples (making preserves for winter most probably) and more woods hanged on the wall. Now she could be either a carpenter or woodcarver (she's an artist in soul, I mean c'mon writer) or BOTH. And precision is key- okay no I just really wanted to blurt out my "Angela The Builder" theory. I have no idea about her marksmanship. Maybe she got lucky in the darts game, she was surprised in a pleasant way.... Hey does Istp universe have guns? Lol, Angela get your hand on a revolver

7. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Angela in pants and boots with a revolver? Rayburn wouldn't know what to do with himself.

8. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay yall. I have a question.
    Remember chapter 30? The flashback scenes of midget Angela and midget Rayburn? The last flashback scene where the slave traders said that "Isnt he the first prince." Angela did realize that "Oh my God. They were there because my ransom was paid." And did it seem like she wasnt explaining properly like half truths. A friend of mine said Angela might've been on panic mode that she pretended to be the Hoya to Rayburn himself, so she was confused why he just went with it. And the slave traders being there also making her panic more, her little brain might've concluded that Rayburn is "handing the fugitive over" who dared to impersonate his sister. Which sounds reasonable. What are your thoughts? Angela's a good liar, but she is honest with Rayburn most of the time; so I wonder if there were other motivations for her to "run away on instict". The status thing is really engraved in her mind for some reason. Even when she was little. There's like a chunk of backstory that's yet to come, especially with Talan arc (and Angela arc WHEN)

9. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk I feel like she didn't know because I'm chapter 36 & 37 when he calls her by just her name and asks her to do the same but she can't. Rayburn makes the comment she could back then and she replies she didn't know better back then

10. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Korean raws are interesting, as far as I remember havent touched it in awhile. She said "I was ignorant. So ignorant that I didnt realize how much I liked you" That's vague af :blobspy: my spidy senses are tingling and this type of dialogue writing happened more than once (Unless I'm deluding myself, Korean natives help). I really am holding onto strings that are yet to be connected. I didnt give this much thought until I saw Angela's body language in chapter 30, holding onto her dress and looking tense as she realised why the traders were there and what they said. Was it just complex trauma acting up or complex trauma with more stuff that is being hidden?

11. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That moment wasn't the point when Angela realized Rayburn was a prince.
    Did she panic? Of course. She didn't want the humiliation of being beaten up in front of a friend and being called a "slave". And she didn't want Rayburn to go help her and end up hurt by those men.

Angela would never! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: She had so much faith in Rayburn that she broke his walls! Almost everyone in the world had turned their backs on Rayburn, but his faith in Angela made him go there 100%sure that she would never leave his side. NEVER. And that perception didn't happen without a reason.
    Angela was always "Ok, I trust you. You can explain another time, I will wait." And that girl wouldn't have run away just seen that.
    If she really had thought that Rayray had handed her over, the first thing she would do was ask him that. Even crying, even disconsolate, she would have asked.
    And her emotional baggage and love and love would be different, heavier.

If the protagonist thinks her love interest delivered her to slave traders, it's not a romantic comedy, it's a drama.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  12. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, about the slave trade,
    This reminds me of something..
    At the beginning of the chapter, Chapter 2 to be exact!!
    Mentioned that the price of little angela before she was sold to the buyer before she ran away (it seems) her price was around 50,000:blobfrowning::blobfrowning:
    You know what I mean..
    Let's remember when she came to the auction place with my prince, when someone who bought a fake fanfic for only 1000 made people noisy,
    then 50,000 ???

And this is my expectation:
    1. Is it possible that little rayburn free angela for 100,000 or even 1 million?!!!
    2. Before Angela ran away at that time, it was very likely that she was snatched by a lot of people so that it reached such a big price!!

This is what really makes me so sure she is not from the ordinary circle!!
    Since all I can think of right now is a child who has an unusual advantage,
    then being sold as a slave at such a high price,
    then the seller must have a lot of connections among high-income earners.
    considering the price is also abnormal, then the people who have high income in the isekai world are none other than the NOBLES!!!

My HeaD is Full of FIRE!!:blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:
    WAKE UP GUYS!!!:blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper::blobcat_hyper:

13. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    People who are being sold into slavery are seen as investments so high prices are not so strange, after all, they are expected to make up for the money spent on them through their work.
    1. Angela was young, which meant she could work for a long time.
    2. She was beautiful.
    3. And also, she was qualified for an intellectual job.
    Those three things could make the price she was been sold rise to the highest.

I felt it strange that she had been sold to someone that said he would make her labor on a farm until she drop dead. And the seller failed to raise her price and he ended up selling her for less than he want to.
    Did he need fast money? Or did he need to get rid of her as soon as possible? Why the seller didn't simply try to do business with someone else to gain more money?

And a rich kid comes from nowhere and asks specifically for her?
    Which seller wouldn't raise the price?

14. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda hope Angela isn't royalty idk I'm just tired of that plot lol. I was loving villainess the hourglass but then she's a princess and it like why can't they still do amazing things without being royal. And Angela is so pretty so I'm sure that why her price was big.

15. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually she's a Marques' child. And it briefly only was used to slap the former crown princess in the face who was so obsessed with noble blood.
    And lost princess trope is indeed very common. As long as it's executed well, everybody wins.
    She could be a lost princess but instead of focusing on that. The author focuses on familial moments, like how they let her do her thing, ask her about her preferences like what does she want to do, they dont pamper her, they dont go "Your highness" at every exchange but just be there for her, respects her space. And reminds her she's finally home and it's safe now. Stability, which Angela needs. This is called finally-found-my-family trope, which quite a lot of manwha seem to want to portray but not quite hit the bullseye. Even the found family type of manwhas

Speaking of slavery in Rudext. It has been confirmed that the Underground village used to be a prisoner for war criminals(?) By Angela herself and little Hoya and Little Rayburn addressing it as a prison and how "they will rub off on Hoya the wrong way/taint her" and followed by Hoya,"They have so many interesting stories to tell" So we know:
    1. Most of the slaves were prisoners of war
    2. Rudext recently conquered North of itself.
    3. The prisoners could be comprised of mostly northerners OR mixed.
    And there seems to be no more slaves now. So it could be that the Empire outlawed slavery shortly after Rudext won the war with Northerners. Which leaves the biggest question mark.
    Who were the Northerners? And why did Rudext or Adelia and Chancellor see them as a threat. And a small detail I missed. Remember when Angela said "Never shouldve started writing" as she recalled the traders talking, being glum, when she woke up from the carriage and Sir Mask arc in early chapters. It could be hinting the fact that Angela was obviously snatched for her writing skills which started and got her in this whole mess in the first place and where she picked that up we have no clue yet.

16. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be hilarious tho if not only Is Angela royalty but next in line for the throne making her queen or empress and therefore she can't marry out only in. Rayburn being like bye ya'll time to shine as the empress consort.

17. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    You are not alone in that. Where are the Inej Ghafas(six of crows)? Why can't I read the history of a commoner girl? Why people can't be special at least they descend of someone that used a grown-up tiara? Why can't I read about a girl that made herself special by her own strength?

“But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren’t chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway.”
    ― Leigh Bardugo, Crooked Kingdom​

But, Lemew, the feeling I have when I read these many stories about girls that stive hard and in the end are found to be "lost princess" is... "So all along she was special because she was a princess. She was that smart because had noble blood. She was brave because she was noble. She was strong because she was a marquis daughter, a duke daughter.... "

So even when the "lost princess" plot is well-executed, I usually think it makes the story weaker or uninteresting.

The same goes for "When the protagonists fell in love, what they didn't know is that they had already fallen in love with each other during their childhood."
    I love a childhood crush. Angela and Rayray? My heart is going to burst.
    But "surprise, surprise, it happened before"? Even Vitamins are bad when taken in excess.

Did they? Did Adelia and Chancellor see the north as a threat? Or more like an opportunity to conquer power, land, and influence?

The general could have used the north in the same way Rayburn thought using Vesstia not log ago. They are warriors, they conquer prestige fighting, winning.
    If Rayburn wasn't that afraid of letting Angela see him as a monster, he would fall for the General's trap, destroyed Vestia, their alliance with the kingdom, and worsened Espelind's situation.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    sugarwhale, Lemew, Meomeo0411 and 2 others like this.
  18. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was confused from the start,
    we always talk about the takeover of the north?
    take the territory from whom?
    northern region on map (manhwa) (ch49) is not connected by any country, Rudecx is only connected by sea, vesstia, and lake (it seems)
    and the northern region mentioned seems to be behind the rudect capital since the southern region itself borders on vestia, for sure if the enemy country wants to take that area, they have to pass through the capital first.
    Was the northern region once a country??

19. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Crooked Kindgom havent heard in ages. UwU I take it Queen of Mirth loves a certain manwha that has a female redheaded night and a blonde Emperor.

Queenofmirth, sugarwhale and ISTP23 like this.
  20. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Angela lived a good chunk of her life as a normal person (as normal as it can get in this medieval Fantasy setting where cute long Tremor worms exist, a child is categorized as a fugitive slave, and so so; until her fanfic caused cataclysm of silliness and dangerous politics that almost cost her life). Did she live alone or was she picked up by a very old veteran after she ran away, and then passed away after passing on his wisdom to her "Remember Angela. ALWAYS GO FOR THE EYES AND THE GUT." or by mercenaries and travelled all of Rudext until she settled in the village as stated in Chapter 1 because she was tired due to the hyper energy in a normal mercenary group or the group broke up or the group left for war and never came back ;-; or was she picked up by random people as she grew up and roamed from central parts to village. A grandma who knows much about botany, an aunty who cooks warm delicious meals in a tavern where Angela worked, a single mother trying to get by who joins hands with Angela and get a flower business booming so Angela leaves. Or it's not that exaggerated; just Angela hopping on a kind elderly's hay wagon, and settling in this small village where she lived. Working part time in the village, like manual labours, or helping out folks with their problems either fixing their roof or fixing their misunderstandings here and there with little Angela just spilling what's the actual story. And she writes stories, so she uses her pen name Jellypuff/Jellypoong to share her writings and also helps with people struggling to write. THE POSSIBILITIES I OPENED A JAR FULL OF COMFORT AND FLUFF HUH. I mean Angela definitely met some good people after Rayburn for her to still see the best in people.