Spoiler I'm Stanning the Prince [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shoshorang, Mar 14, 2020.

1. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A new point is gotten! I guess Rayburn witnessed how second empress’s dead, but he could do nothing or he was not able to save her due to some reason. Maybe an accident or something other than murder but caused by mistake he made. Or even something related to his mother, the first empress? So that he try to explained to his family (Hoya and emperor) but he couldn’t say he is 100% irrelevant to that. And that’s why he still have nightmares up to now (after 8 year)

and I also find a small detail for the second empress’s dead. In the chapter 40(/41?) when Rayburn recall the memory of past, from glory throne in bird cage to the blood path he experienced after second empress’s dead, there is a note and a pen there. (Edit: And in the ch36(?), when Frederic remember his siblings holding their hands and invited him to something (?) when they were little,) he was holding a note and pen. Maybe second empress or Frederic love writing or recording? Maybe the note book contain something that figured out Rayburn is murder? Rayburn was sued as murder based on the misinterpretation of the note? Or it is just accident but be used by chancellor and bishop to remove house esplindo? I think there should be some connections but it is too few clues/hints up to now.

also, since it seems the Rayburn is the one who first advise a night walk ( or maybe Hoya suggest and Rayburn agree to join and invite Frederic) it seems he is changed a little bit after meeting Angela (I assume it happens after Rayburn meeting Angela, based on Frederic’s age/appearance) I mean he become more outgoing and show interest to outside. in the ch46, he didn’t interested in going outside (he just go out due to Hoya’s advise with Hoya agreed to acting as him) but during the night walk both Rayburn and Hoya going outside in secret and even invite their little brother. They just so cute and adorable. I hope to have more childhood scene of them.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    Lucy scarlet, Hulya, ISTP23 and 4 others like this.
  2. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there is the original material being released in Korean by the author herself, Zoosun-nim, through her distributor, Kakaopage.
    This material has been on pause since 12/01/2021, for reasons of the author's health.
    [https://page.kakao.com/home?seriesId=54187777&orderby=desc]

Then there is the illegal distribution of the original (Korean) material. It can be found on the newtoki website, but there may be others. Sometimes newtoki takes a while to post releases.
    [https://newtoki130.com/webtoon/493807?stx=황자님께+입덕합니다&title=황자님께+입덕합니다]

Then there's the English translation illegally distributed by some scanlator group.
    Here, this part is the one that is harmed by posts on social media.
    Scanlators often discontinue a story because their work is publicized on social media, attracting the author's attention. Translation from fans to fans has always been illegal and mentally and financially harmful to the author. For this reason, Scanlators abandon work that garners too much attention. Nobody wants to be sued, nobody wants to hurt the author.

So this is one of two possible processes:
    Original material ~> Illegal distribution of original material ~>Fan translations

The other processor is:
    Original material ~> Licensed translation.

Tappytoon is the licensed distributor of the English translation.
    [www.tappytoon.com/en/comics/i-stan-prince]

Oficial transitions releases are usually very delayed if you compare them with the original material. While the Scanlators can work faster because their schedule is established by their interests in the story. It's work that isn't a job and doesn't have money involved. Or, at least, it used to be like that.
    Nowadays people are posting proof of Scanlator's translations on social media, so who knows? Could be there people making money like that too.

But, in conclusion, the original material is on hold. And there is no link to help with that.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  3. Lemew

Lemew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit. HOLY SHIT
    IT IS HAIR. I DIDNT NOTICE BEFORE EVEN AFTER I READ IT 10+ TIMES ZOOSUN NIM MASTER OF DISGUISE. It genuinely looked like waves until it didnt. Aight so we know our boi is extra traumatized, watched Daria drown or found her first, has blood on his face, whose blood Zoosun knows and I'm not gonna sleep tonight. Thanks bro for pointing this out

Attached Files:

4. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so what if Rayburn and Daria were for some reason talking out by a river or lake and we're attacked and while rayburn was fighting the attackers they killed Daria and threw her in the water and he tried saving her but she was already dead( still think the uncle set it up)

5. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    (1) In chapter 46, there is a scene of Rayburn as a boy watching Dahlia and Fred in the garden, perhaps intentionally, perhaps by accident. But I think it shows how closely their lives happened in that space.
    (2) Rayburn, at that time, would visit Angela periodically.
    (3) I don't think anyone tried to assassinate the second Empress, I think it was a fight that ended badly.
    (4) If I were to pick a culprit it would be her brother, the Chancellor has already shown his tendency to use violence with his nephew, he might treat his sister the same way.

Rayburn was sneaking out of the Castle at night to visit Angela. By chance, the prince witnessed an argument between Dalia and the Chancellor, perhaps in a castle garden, near a fountain.
    Dalia was a kind soul and did not wish to dispute power with the first Empress, much less put her son in danger by making him an enemy of the Espelind faction. But her brother demands that she do at least one of those things.
    The Chancellor and Dalia argue and he hits her and her head lands against a hard surface. Perhaps the edge of the font. She dies, the blood, as well as her hair, spills into the water.
    The Chancellor had no intention of killing his sister, he is shocked and regretful. He's grieving.

There's a possibility the Chancellor would sense Rayburn's presence then. If so, the Chancellor spread rumors of the bloodthirsty prince, and his aim was not only to remove Rayburn from the position of the crown prince but also to demoralize any testimony from the boy. If Rayburn said what he saw it would sound like he was accusing a grieving brother to save himself.
    It would also be one more reason Chancellor wants Rayburn dead so badly, he wants to shut the prince up forever.

This whole story also adds to why Rayburn is so disturbed by any moment Angela spends near the general.

6. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so I know a lot of time the outfits in the promotional art rarely ends up in the actual story(Angela gold dress on season two cover :aww: I'd give my right arm for her to be in that) but anyway I was going through zoonim art and in one of the slides Rayburn is wearing a white suit(?) I would like for him to be wearing it at the ball.

Lemew, Arye, Queenofmirth and 2 others like this.
  7. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we all don't know about what happened behind the death of the second empress (which really hurts my heart because of all those involved)

but it crossed my mind,
    rayburn often came out of the castle at that time, is it true that no one knows except hoya?!
    i mean..
    maybe the rumors started when rayburn came out, then there were eyewitnesses and it spread that the first prince came out of the castle to meet someone bad (?)
    then not long after that there was the case of the murder of the second empress
    maybe it can convince.. i think..

stupidly, nobody saw that he was out with a baby bird (stupid gossipers..:facepalm:)

If this theory is true...
    Not to mention in Hoya's (and me) memory that Rayburn never explained the details of his little moments with Angela.. so maybe Hoya at that time couldn't defend too far against the rumors
    (we know that Hoya will really always be on Rayburn's side)

once again,..
    Angela will be the KEY to all this + new problems + being the target of many killers = rayburn and angela getting closer + more sweet + maybe more hugs and kisses
    (although it sucks they are both not dating yet..):blobsob:

ugh.. the more i think about it, the more my head gets dizzy even though I'm not the author..lol..
    :blobsalt::blobsalt:

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  8. sugarwhale

Reading List:
    Link
    I love this theory,
    more raygela sweet moments will be gotten. Just imagine that Rayburn and Angela sitting together and discussing their childhood memories. Suddenly they find some clue to the timeline of baseless rumours and evidence to support Rayburn is not the murder of second empress. Then, they try to follow the clue (another dating In secret mission) but become killers’ target. Thus, more fighting scenes, more sweet moments and we need to prepare more popcorn and glasses!

I guess Rayburn has not tell anyone about Angela, including his twin, (Hoya get it herself by password, schlan, otherwise, Angela is gotten rid!) but his groom and others in palace must notice Rayburn’s regular visit to somewhere outside castle, even at night, without bodyguards.
    Maybe the groom tell the details of Rayburn’s visit to others, accidentally or with well paid. So the groom resigned immediately after Rayburn is dethroned. And others guess Rayburn planned the assassination. At first, Rayburn didn’t notice or respond to the rumours, through they were baseless and harmless. Thus, he couldn’t protect himself with the fact that second empress dead.

I hope that as Rayangel’s investigation continue, they find someone involved in event and willing to tell them truth with Angela’s communication skill.

9. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally the greatest mystery of the manwha for me is.......how the hell does mano manage when the dude gets like 5 mins of sleep every few days between guarding Rayburn, Angela and spying for hoya:blobunsure:

kitsoul, Lemew, Martha. and 6 others like this.
  10. MayaAelins

MayaAelins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yash! Finally Mano appreciation time! He protected Angela when Rayburn didn't have the confidence to do that. He got beaten to pulp and keep it secret so that it wont escalate into family fight, and still doing his duty despite his injury. Justice for Mano!

kitsoul, Lemew, Martha. and 6 others like this.
  11. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How to start a union in a fictional world lol these poor bodyguards

kitsoul, Lemew, Martha. and 5 others like this.
  12. sugarwhale

Reading List:
    Link
    It maybe hard for knight to form an union at that background, but Mano must get a special bonus! He just get one man salary but over work for at 3 persons job! I know every successful ML in romantic manhwa has hardworking assistant. if it is possible, maybe Angela can help administration and this also encourage Rayburn to work (ch24? there is some exaggerated rumours said duke send all his job to knight to handle ) and Mano should enjoy a paid holiday with special allowance to reward his contribution

13. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manos secret plan...have Rayburn hire Angela to help with paperwork so he can get some vacation time

Lemew, MayaAelins, Martha. and 5 others like this.
  14. sugarwhale

Reading List:
    Link
    Just having a thought
    Maybe the name “Rayburn” and “Hoya” come from brand name for glasses?
    Since I am sitting in Optical Shop and I see the brand name for optical glass “Raybun” “Hoya”
    Just guess

Queenofmirth, ISTP23 and Meomeo0411 like this.
  15. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    About Angela's made-up last name: 리뽕

I translate ISTP for myself, which might lead to the question: do I know Korean? I know less than 20 words in Korean, so no, I don't. But that hasn't stopped me since chapter 47.

Well, Angela's made-up last name... Instead of using "Lippon" as an adaptation, I decided to use "Ribbon". I don't know if there's a meaning to this name, "리뽕", but sonically, for me as a Portuguese speaker, it sounds like "ribbon". And "ribbon" seems like a silly, innocent, cute thing that could be used by Angela as a last name.:blobsmilehappyeyes:
    It was something I decided to do after seeing the face of the oldest prince of Vesttia thinking about her last name at the end of chap 64.:blobjoy:

Does anyone who reads the tappytoon translation know what the surname was chosen for Angela in the English version?

16. Zzdarkrosezz

Zzdarkrosezz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They chose “Poong”. I’m not in favor of that last name tho. I kinda wish that they chose a different name.

Arye, Lemew, Meomeo0411 and 4 others like this.
  17. Joker07

Joker07 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone answer just 2 question of mine.. Are there any chances of it coming back? If yes how much time it will take any ideas?

ISTP23 likes this.
  18. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as we know the author is coming back but hasn't made an announcement on when they are returning

You can follow them on Instagram if u have one

19. GoldenTales

GoldenTales Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you know what their handle is? Even better, a link?? :))

ISTP23 likes this.
  20. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link