Spoiler I'm Stanning the Prince [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shoshorang, Mar 14, 2020.

1. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand being frustrated with the long break, but if the author is taking a complete it might be for their mental health and I can wait for them to come back and it would be nice to hear anything about the series but people hurling insults at the author isn't fair I doubt they want to have to halt the work on the comic

Lemew, avlirea, Bnx and 5 others like this.
  2. doraemon10

doraemon10 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one is really pissed off about the break, but rather about the isolation of the author, which is frustrating, I know of authors of Korean novels who are going through cancers, said by themselves, still continue to release 1 chapter a day of those novels in particular and tell readers about there status, that is passion for what you do, those are true writers, or at least they have certain constancy, and for personal situations with people close to me who were writers or drawers with health problems and who continued to publish their stories until they said enough or had the reader without unfinished stories, at least, and I say at least, readers are notified of the events that happened to you or if you will finish a story, it is impossible for the author not to have less than 1 minute at least 1 time a month to answer or send a message to your readers. The smartest thing would be for her to publish the ending even if she skips parts of the story, because I prefer a closed ending but without any narrative coherence behind it, than stories not finished due to the author's state, if she's going to fall flat, she shouldn't publish more than 20 chapters and marked the end of the manwha with the few chapters remaining, but we will have to see when she publishes them, because she doesn't say anything...
    An unpresentable like Yoshihiro Togashi, that's what she is, you can't justify the treatment to her readers, let's remember, they have paid to read her manwha.
    I go as far as to say she will die or have the story unfinished without showing us the female lead and male lead kissing.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  3. Queenofmirth

Queenofmirth More than a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to create and sometimes write fiction, not only read works from others.
    I believe the saddest person about "I Stan the Prince" don't be concluded or dropping in quality is probably Zoosun-nim.

And those people going in the comment section to attack her?
    If they really want this story to be finished, they aren't being smart. Attacking the author on the internet is not going to make her get better fast or safeguard the quality of the work. It will do exactly the contrary.

Low-quality endings suck, but isn't it good she chose to take a break instead of giving us one of those? Her break gives me hope that we have less probability of facing a low-quality ending.

And I don't think she needs to give an account of what is happening in her life because it is her private life. Not everyone wants or will accept living the culture of digital influencers.

It took me almost 4 years to think about going back to finish college. The college which I almost dropped off for health-emotional problems when I just need to hand in my final paper. And I lost a semester due to absences before I was strong enough to go back there and ask for my future absence properly. There is no way in h*ll, I will judge Zoosun-nim.
    If she never come back I will be sad for her, not angry at her.

Lemew, mintylee, Arye and 2 others like this.
  4. doraemon10

doraemon10 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Big mistake, with all due respect, I repeat, because of close contacts, I know it's good to keep readers informed, it's not a question of them telling all their personal details if they don't want to, but telling them things like hiatus returns, if they're going to continue the story, or if they plan to do so,is normal.
    It is not normal at all not to have had contact with the readers or that they have known anything about your novel because you have not informed them, for almost a year, it doesn't have to be you, it can be the company from what you tell me to say to your readers.
    The only thing that her break conveys to me is that this story is not going to have an end, the author, if she has a situation as delicate as she makes her readers feel, she is not going to reach more than 25 published chapters, and even more so if she decides to take breaks.
    Your college case is very different, for a very simple reason, it is you and only you, she is a writer, and as such she has readers with her who have paid to read, appreciate and follow her story, therefore, she has a certain responsibility with her readers, these being the ones who have supported the project and invested so that it worked and could advance, I don't know how much, financially.
    Supporting this is like supporting Togashi, who in 24 years with HxH, has only published 390 chapters with the story being incomplete, and does not inform his readers of anything, and very rarely releases images, which his fans interpret as his return, and ends up being nothing , since Togashi himself has never said when will he return from his 500th hiatus.
    These authors are unjustifiable and the insults, which are not even insults, rather truths said by the Koreans, are well justified, which by the way, have been quite patient and lax with the author, but with 1 year without answers, anyone would despair , feel impotence and feel like you have been swindled.
    They are truly an example of how not to treat your readers, authors who insult their readers are even preferable, but at least do their part as writers, either informing or finishing their works.

5. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more than believing in you, I know that is true. Online engagement maintenance is a standard tool in artists' careers, as much as regularity of production. When consumers of entertainment arts don't get what they wait for at the moment they thought they could have it, they want explanations, motives, and promises.
    Keeping readers informed is important to artists' careers, but sometimes people have the chance or got desperate enough to put themselves before their careers. Choose well-being.

I've seen some stories that carried the following idea: "In the world, there are many types of people who believe in different things, we all have to learn to live together."
    And I will just say the following so anyone reading knows that this kind of thought exists on this planet: "An author has no moral obligation to do the next part of their story out of gratitude that readers have paid for the parts they have already read."
    And I'm not the only one who thinks like that.
    My interpretation of the "social contract" between serial authors and their audience goes something like this:
    • each episode/chapter/page (depending on the work's format) is a complete production in itself.
    • The audience buys this production without knowing whether or not there will be a next one,
    • they pay is for the entertainment within that production and not a portion of the price of an "entire work".

With all due respect, I disagree. :blobfearful:
    Deeply.

And, Togashi's story sounds awful. :blobsad:

Siyasingh, sugarwhale and ISTP23 like this.
  6. MayaAelins

MayaAelins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll help discern what happened in kkp. Most of them are concerned about the author's well-being and ask her politely to drop some updates on Instagram. A small portion of them seemed pissed that the author didn't give any updates for the last 8 months and some declared that they stopped anticipating the manhwa.

It is a normal behavior of a customer who waited for 8 months without an update. Aren't we all secretly frustrated, too? But I bet you when they drop some updates, everyone will act like the online outrage never happened and thank the author. We are that fickle.

We are just a customer here. A customer who demands to get what they want and acts like an entitled brat when we don't get it. If we talk about money here, I'd say the publisher should have to check up on the author and give some updates on her stead. They were the ones who managed the author's work. Don't they afraid to lose money? It's such a bad PR move considering there was also several version of this manhwa + moving toon. If they lose some readers, it's on them.

And as a customer, this manhwa is replaceable. It was just one of our sources of entertainment. We can easily look for another entertainment while we wait. So calm down because it's not that big a deal. But for the author, this could have been the work of her life that she put her entire time, dedication, ideas, and effort into. Surely she doesn't want to half-assing her work, no? Now I don't know what's going on behind the scene for her to be gone without a word like this, and I admit it was really a bad move given that she had no problem in the past to drop some updates on insta. So she should expect to get some backlash and lose some readers because of what she did. And even that was entirely her choice. It's a bad choice but still hers to make.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
    Lemew, Mantillis, mintylee and 4 others like this.
  7. Wangjia

Wangjia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ik that <I'm stanning the Prince> don't have a novel. But I skipped a lot of chapters of Manhwa. So Can anyone please spoil me
    If the Crown Princess likes Rayburn ?
    She doesn't look evil but looks like she likes ML . And FL is also friendly with her. In recent chapters So I'm confused. Please clear me.
    Does she likes him romantically??

sugarwhale, Arye and ISTP23 like this.
  8. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like we're given the ideal she does like him, not sure romantically or just finds him attractive but he(Rayburn) doesn't give her a second glance the fl( Angela) is really the only one he has eyes for

9. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd say Garnet has a crush on Rayray, but it's nothing too serious.
    You see, Fredy is almost engaged to her, but only almost. Because even though their countries have compromised, he still hasn't asked for her hand. He ignored her for years.
    This leads us to the first meeting between her and Rayray. He didn't ignore her and treated her with respect. An imperial prince treating her like that? Her eyes shined.

Honestly, she just wants to be wanted.

Not that it stopped her mind from traveling in a dangerous direction.

Garnett has to marry the Crown Prince of the empire, whoever he is. Or at least this is implied by the fact that, when she left her own country, she was going to become betrothed to Crown Prince Rayburn, but when she arrived in the Empire she was to become betrothed to Crown Prince Frederick.
    So she's technically single, absolutely lonely, has little knowledge of the Empire's internal politics, and must marry the Crown Prince.
    She once thought that if she and Rayburn were together, it would strengthen his political position and he would once again become the crown prince, and then she could have a life with someone who would treat her better.

Lemew, sugarwhale, Hulya and 3 others like this.
  10. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know I always wanted to see a screen where the whole royal vess family could see Rayburn come back from a hunt covered in blood and see their reactions i have a feeling Garnett might change her mind when he comes in(to cuddle Angela bc homegirl loves him no matter what)

11. Hulya

Hulya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole situation is so sad :blobtired:

12. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is curious that why the ludextian believe the bloodlust rumours of Rayburn. From Terriod’s memory and Blan’s paparazzi drawings in the battlefield, Rayburn always lead the army to victory, reliable and willing to save other in the battlefield. Although house sewelldull control the rumours and the fact that Rayburn always join battle (for making contribution), it is strange that no one, or only few will have positive feedback to Rayburn.

Arye, Queenofmirth and ISTP23 like this.
  13. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It might be a combination of the general starting rumors and in the first chapter Rayburn looks so I wanna say stoic but also down and unfriendly ( can't say I blame him)

Arye, Queenofmirth and sugarwhale like this.
  14. Queenofmirth

Reading List:
    Link
    I dare to say that not everybody believed that Rayburn was a killer. Like in chap 47. There were people willing to give Rayburn the benefit of double, but the repression and threats silenced them. So there are people with positive feedback about Rayburn, but as long the party against Espelindo prince criticizes him freely while the party in his favor is kept silent, there will always be the impression that no one believes him.

Lemew, Arye, ISTP23 and 1 other person like this.
  15. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just say real quick....I missed everyone y'all are so brilliant and often times notice stuff I didn't even realize was going on in the story

Lemew, sugarwhale, Arye and 1 other person like this.
  16. MyPrinceOppa

MyPrinceOppa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly what I'm most afraid of as time goes on is that I'm afraid to take my eyes off Rayburn x Angela ..:blobconfounded:
    not because the conflict in the story is less interesting..
    I like istp because of complicated conflicts, RayAngel's romantic atmosphere that no one in the world can ever compete with, brotherhood, trust, I love stories about the relationships of many people who influence each other..

it's just that during this long hiatus, many manhwas appeared whose pictures and stories quite caught my attention,
    even though again, I always met the reincarnation genre, which in my opinion.. idk how to put it.. but characters like that for me are less challenging to conflict, because they already know the planned future..

that's why i still hope that istp continues, i miss it so much..
    It's very rare for a manhwa with good art without a reincarnation story..
    so it seems that in this istp, our ml and fl, survive with all their might and their own minds, just like other normal humans..
    so that it can be said that every character has received fair treatment from the author..
    that's what makes ISTP proud in my opinion.
    And I'm proud of the author's ideas and work as well..

so, you know..
    even if this manhwa doesn't continue, or indeed doesn't allow the writer to be able to continue it,
    I hope they can finish it with a novel..

My message to the author is..
    please finish what you started..:blobsob::blob_teary:

Meomeo0411, sugarwhale, Arye and 2 others like this.
  17. sugarwhale

sugarwhale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is sad that Hoya has no one support in the palace meeting (ch2?) and Rayburn must tolerate to those bloodlust rumours and unfair treatment. Luckily Angela’s book save that situation, making more fan to Rayburn (such as the newbie solider in expedition)

Missing all of you too. It was great to discuss and wait for the weekly update in the forum. Just find some friend can discuss manhwa while none in real world.

Some new manhwa will remind me ISTP, the setting of fl and ml, the keywords of writing, novel, etc. but ISTP is the best one in the manhwa with similar elements.

ISTP story is rare, most of the romance manhwa, Japan or Korea, start the story asap. Sometime readers will find the story develop in unreasonable and old fashioned way. But ISTP using ss1 to introduce character relationship and describe the world it created. Despite from romance, the story also allocate paragraph to conspiracy and foreshadowing. ISTP still have many story to tell, for talan arc, the ludext royal family arc and Angela’s arc. It is ok to wait but author nim please kindly complete it, no matter what form it is. :blob_teary: The health of Author nim is the most important, especially it is heard that the health problem of other manhwa author

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Lemew, Vixpine, Meomeo0411 and 3 others like this.
  18. Vixpine

Vixpine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read the last available chapter, I was pretty disappointed to hear about all of this. But as many other manhwa readers are here, we know all about incomplete works and unresolved endings. It’s frustrating, but I’m perfectly fine to be grateful with the amazing art and characters the author has given us. There is no original novel and it’s not a reincarnation/isekai trope, and I find this very special. Some people criticized that because there is no source material that this manhwa was bound to flop, but how could we expect something like that when we really should be hoping for it to succeed? My heart goes out to the author because I know what it’s like to receive lots of criticism even in exhausting times. I can only hope that they will find a more stable point in their lives and find the inspiration to continue this story. I’ll be waiting, as this story is too precious to me to possibly forget. Thank you <3 (I’m also happy to see postings of people fairly recently).

19. ISTP23

ISTP23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can say this is probably the nicest thread ive ever watched/been a part of! Everyone is so nice and collaborative and we love istp.

Lemew, Arye, Vixpine and 1 other person like this.
  20. Vixpine

Vixpine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that I’m supposed to ship Angela with Rayburn, but I don’t really ship it. They have plenty cute moments together, and I adore their friendship. But I just love seeing them as best friends. Of course, this is probably because I’m totally biased to the crown prince Frederick. Every time he sees Angela he is so happy and I really want more of his smiles to be genuine. :cry:♥️

Ellavader6666, Lemew and Queenofmirth like this.