Discussion Imagine you're not the MC

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by anoligarh, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masuri

Masuri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it's the same for all the novels that are about own fulfillment.. Mc being taken out of his perspective would result into one big target to want to kill.

2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was writing a novel about a girl that got reincarnated as a side character and becomes the maid of the MC of an Otome Game she played... Does that count?

She was more happy for the MC than anything else.

3. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't need to imagine much.. Its just like this real life I am living...

4. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty of cases where I don't empathize with the mc at all, usually I find it easier to do that with a few of the side characters, sometimes even the villains...

5. Oddwaffle

Oddwaffle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine you were the irrelevant fodder of the story?

The loser who go thrown under the bus to glorify the MC greatness?

The easy-to-forget villain of the week who seems to hell bent on getting himself beaten by the MC?

The old mentor with useless skills and get kidnapped and killed by the previous fodder to force the MC into the path of vengeance because the author doesn't want to use a pretty girl in your place?

The irrelevant bystander with no lines or act who's only job is to stand around, point his index finger at a 45 degree angle and move it up and down (that's the actions of actors hired to play the bystander in Chinese shows)?

They would all think MC are rich and powerful evil jerks. And they are right too.

It's what I usually do in Skyrim. I just rob people blind and kill anyone who resist then rob them. Maybe the family would be driven out of their homes and starve to death on the street after I took their last few scraps of food?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.