LCD Immortal Mortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    We disagree on this. In my opinion it's ok on some of the smaller issues, but on something big enough to threaten the very thing Wuji built (in this case, Star Lord Mountain was revamped and rebuilt to Wuji's standards) it is simply not good story telling to leave it unexplained.

Granted, maybe Goose intends to revisit Zhen Zhing in the future and give a full account of the 2 biggest missing pieces (the Assassin Sect leader and the insane Monk), but I truly just don't believe it should have taken this long for that to happen.

This is a good point. However, that has nothing to do with Lei Guanji (or is it Hongji.... whatever). He ultimately missed several levels while he was on Zhen Zhing. According to common convention so far at least. Of course Goose could always say that Lei always had the 12 levels because it was never stated explicitly that Lei did not have them. But in my opinion it was understood that no one on Zhen Zhing had 12 levels. Not even Lei.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I disagree that those two can threaten Star Lord Mountain. Maybe the assassin leader if he recovered and increased his cultivation level some but as he is there's no need to talk about him or the monk. The planet simply has too many Worldly Immortals. Now that all the clans and sects are participating there is probably twice as many Worldly Immortals defending the planet. They can gang up on them easily. Getting into the planet is also very regulated at this point. They'd presumably have to break through a powerful array to even get on the planet.
    Maybe, maybe not. Remember what happened when Mo Wuji brought his wife back to life. Or his newest disciple? Because of the good things MW used on her body she immediately opened 9 new spirit channels when she came back to life. You're only suppose to be able to open new spirit channels in the first cultivation stage. His new disciple is suppose to be increasing her potential by practicing MW's cultivation method as well which is probably a similar process. Basically the author left the door open for fixing up your foundation later on.

3. NieLu

NieLu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    question this novel has or does not harem?

4. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxx×›

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely has one. Two so far

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna say no. MC has only accepted one girl romantically so far and has expressed one true love tendencies.

6. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxx×›

Reading List:
    Link
    Cen Shuyin is definitely one of the love interests.
    Yan'er has to be a love interest as well and this has been implied many times before she "disappeared"

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yan'er doesn't have to be a love interest. As of this point she has never left the little sister zone. If she does or doesn't in the future is unknown.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  8. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a good point, but I still disagree. The Assassin leader in particular has proven that he has the means to cause outside influences to attack. And he himself is more than capable of slipping in unawares of everyone at that space station gate. He is an assassin after all, and the most powerful opponent on Zhen Zhing other than insane Monk. He forte is deception and insidiousness.

Now the insane Monk might be out of gas. He is nothing if not straight forward. So in his case I can agree with you.

It is my understanding that the number of spirit channels a cultivator has open has no influence on them hitting 12 levels in each cultivation stage. MWJ only had like 20-30 meridians open when he hit level 12 Channel Opening. And he hit multiple level 12's before he finished opening all 108. At that time there were many geniuses who opened 90+ spirit channels and still only had 9 levels. I believe MWJ's 12 levels are an effect of his Meridian cultivation technique, not because he has 108 meridians open.

But I do agree that Goose will leave himself some room to go back and fix something. He has done that before. People will have done things "off screen" that were not explained at the time, but when in recollection they will come to light.

9. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    No. Not yet at least. There is no romance even. Even the MC's wife had already died before they got married. There are multiple girls that are in love with the MC, but there has been no build up or pursuit of such things by the author.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    What outside influences? There's only two known outside influences in their sector of space. One of them was utterly destroyed after messing with Zhen Zhing and the other suffered serious losses while messing with them as well. As for him slipping in while everyone is unaware when did it say that? Back in the day his his guild was operating there was no strong regulation on who could come and go so there would be no problems getting on the planet. I can only see him becoming a threat again if he heals himself. Even then he might get sent to the immortal world first.
    The point was that you can apparently go back and fix your foundations even when it implied earlier that you can't. Not that the amount of meridians open are related to the 12 levels. MWJ had 99 meridians open before he left the channel opening stage.

That being said if you can fix your foundation later on then Lei could be able to push his realms up to 12 even if he didn't do it at the start.

11. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I didn't say it but I meant that after Assassin guy healed he would be a threat. And who's to say he can't find other outside influences other than what was shown so far?

You think the #1 assassin on Zhen Zhing can't slip past numerous people of a much lower level while they are distracted? I disagree.

Um, I'm gonna say no on this one. MWJ opened up all his meridians when he was at the sect of Heaven Seeking Staircase. He was already in Spirit Building stage at least, at this point. But even before that, he had to get higher level resources before he could open up the final 3rd of his meridians and he was definitely already gone from Boundless Sword Sect by the time that happened.

I need to check what level he was when he left Boundless Sword Sect but I think he was in either Channel Opening or Spirit Building. The point was that I don't think he opened up the final 3rd of his meridians at that point.

I'm saying no to this. There has been no example or mention of this so far.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    From what we've seen those are the only ones close by. Other outside influences would have to travel quite a while to get there. They also wouldn't have the blood feud lasting generations and so are less likely to want to go to war with the planet.

First, I think he's the number one assassin because of his strength not because of any assassin skills he may or may not have. Next, there's a high level array that he has to pass as well. He's not just passing people. If you have metal on you then you can't just slip through a metal detector. Even if the people don't notice you the machine will. Then what's the game plan if he gets in? He's basically trapped himself on the planet. Once he's found they can close the array and hunt him down with hoards of cultivators.
    I'm pretty positive about this. He did not step into the second realm until he opened 99 meridians. The cultivation system was set up that you can only open meridians and spirit channels in the first cultivation stage. The more you opened the more talented you are. Mo Wuji opened 99 and then found out that you open the ones over 99 when you're breaking into a new realm. He had already joined the new sect with the granny that healed Yan'er.
    The example would be the example of his wife doing something similar when she was brought back to life(opening new spirit channels) or presumably that new disciple he just took in.

13. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't matter that they didn't have a blood feud. Assassin guy could tempt them with non-existent treasures.

Still not buying it. I disagree.

Ugh, no. This does not show that Shuyin's foundation was solidified. It only showed that she opened up more spirit channels, hence could go farther in the future. Not that she was somehow able to hit 12 levels in past cultivation stages. Afterall, there is a reason MWJ is still unbeatable in the same class. That would be due to his 12 levels to other peoples' 9. I know I said the author forgot about that, but what I meant was MWJ's ability to skip levels. Not his ability to be unbeatable in his own class.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like a way to get himself killed. Cultivators aren't 3 year old children. They wouldn't randomly attack because of a supposed treasure unless they're much stronger than the other side.
    Disagreeing with what exactly? That he can slip past a military grade array that is designed to hold out armies? Not to mention that there might be Worldly Immortals overlooking the array. That he'd be trapped on the inside if they found him?

Spirit channels are the most basic part of your foundation. More so than reaching level 12. Her opening more channels means that she fixed up her foundation. That opens the door for other ways to fix the foundation.
    The reason MWJ is unbeatable is because he has 108 meridians opened. Talent is directly determined by to how many meridians or spirit channels you open. It was directly stated by the fishing old man that there are 12 levels for everyone. Thus it's not unique to MWJ.

15. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sighs. The novel feels so bland. Protagonist seems more like a robot. If only author gave him some cool traits or at least added a bit of character to him.

16. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this novel is great. It's much better than that trashy wannabe love story "Strongest Abandoned Son." One of the only things I really have a problem with is that MWJ either keeps temporarily losing his power for whatever reason or that he often gets shoved into abject disadvantaged situations at the start of a given scenario.

The other thing I'm not overly fond of is that even though MWJ is incredibly powerful, even when he gets to show his might it's like he barely survives the fight because of some crazy circumstance. I want to see MWJ walk into a place and just start mashing on fools Ancient Godly Monarch style!

The last thing that bothers me is that the author moves onto different arcs without finishing the current one. There are still people and situations that need to be killed or cleaned up but the author just lets them sit there for hundreds of chapters. Maybe the author plans to revisit them in the future, but I disagree with the way he lets them sit unresolved for so long.

Like the King of the Animal race (or whatever the hell they were) for instance. That war was a huge reason for MWJ's current development and the author straight up "disappeared" that Wolf King guy. For several hundred chapters. I think that's bullshit. I want to see MWJ mash on that fool!

Other than those 3 things I think this story is definitely one of the very best out right now.

17. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see how the MC doesn't have character. You might not like the character but it's there and is always getting the MC into trouble. For example at the start of the story MC was told not to offend anyone. He got mad at a prince called him sh*t or something. As a result he got thrown out of his group.

18. telobakar

telobakar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im around chapter 400ish where the mc is at half immortal domain
    i want to ask when he will be back? didn't there a lot of something going on there? because he said he just kind of going out for some month
    i saw chapter tittle and mc seems like going upward to immortal world
    what about the thing in his planet? the fisherman for example

need spoiler please

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  19. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man makes plans, and God laughs. Mc has no say in the matter and is sucked away.

Vincent1873 likes this.
  20. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that it's bullshit that the author develops a story then just leaves it unfinished. That's the worst thing about this novel. The Fisherman Elder's story will be fully explained later. Don't worry. But, nothing else will be. Just forget Half Immortal Domain even existed.