LCD Immortal Mortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Kylar9119

Kylar9119 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    300 chapter paywall..... why? This is honestly keeping me from starting this novel. I dont want to get into it then get locked out when it starts getting farther in

2. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not really a spoiler because the chapter is out there, you just have to pay for it. But anyway, I remember some guy arguing that there was no need for the author to wrap up the Zhen Zing plot lines because it was already over. Well, like I predicted, it wasn't. And, like I predicted, it came back to bite Mo Wuji in the ass.

I don't know if that guy who was spouting that stuff was being paid by the author or what, but that's just bad writing. To leave plot lines hanging for literally hundreds of chapters then randomly pop back up is total nonsense. I like this story, but that's a major issue with this author.

I mean, we still don't know anything about any of the people he met in Half Immortal Domain! That entire arc was just a hundred chapter waste of time because no one Mo Wuji met there has been back in the story since. Including the completely unresolved enmity between Mo Wuji and the Wolf King. That's just bad writing.

That's just the author leaving everything open so in case he runs out of ideas in the future he can just randomly go back to one of his "unfinished" plot lines and get paid by the word count.

3. Puru

Puru Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an easy way to get around it. Search up 'Qidian underground Reddit' and you will get access to all the locked chapters.

Kylar9119 and Urbek Mazino like this.
  4. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on the latest chapter 1180. Seriously, if all it takes is a fireball to resolve a 1000 year enmity (one that hangs out there for literally 500 chapters), then why even have the enmity to begin with? Why not just finish that plot line up then and there? Sheesh...

5. Mercy

Mercy ...

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so remember i stoped reading aroun ch 400 or 500
    I stoped cause the cultivation was prty bad lol
    And the story was being repeated over and over (I think might be another novel)
    I hope what i said was wrong dont remember cause most if the novels are like that...

So did it get better?
    Is there more Character Building?
    Hiw many realms are there by now?20 or 30?maybe 40 lol
    Tnx

6. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I've always liked the story. Which is why I'm still reading it, despite the few frustrations I have with it. It starts off slow as feck. Then when the MC gets all of his meridians open it gets much more action oriented. The only problem I have with it after that is that the author will totally abandon plot lines (nearly mid sentence) and start up something random and new for no apparent reason other than the fact that he may not know how to transition a story. People have said that he did this in his first work, "The Gate of Good Fortune." Seriously, at chapter 1180 there are still plot lines that are unresolved all the way back from chapter 500! That's utterly ridiculous.

Anyway, I don't recall what level MC was at back at chap 400, but after Zhen Zing there is the Immortal World with it's own cultivation levels, and then the God World with it's own cultivation levels. So from chapter 400 I would say there are at least 18 more cultivation stages.

I enjoy the story but people are saying that it ends rather abruptly. That fits the author's "M.O." (his style) honestly, but I'm still holding out hope.

Mercy likes this.
  7. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you dont know QU then please skip this/dont mind me

so is it true that this novel actually ends at 1230 not 1231? someone mentioned to me that ch 1231 is only afterword from author and in that chp he hoped that he can make sequel from this since IM is open ended

8. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. It is true .

9. Clyne

Clyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wtf, the ending only just like that?

mortal world finished with someone exchanged his life with?

what the hell with this ending?

Is this even an ending?

10. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kthxbye....I dont even....argh fine whatever

any sign of his latest work? this author actually improved his story although only a little bit

11. strixflash

strixflash Dao Seeker!

Reading List:
    Link
    天下第九 is the name of his latest work. Literally 'No. 9 Land Under The Heavens' or 'No. 9 Realm'.

In this work, a new planet appeared besides modern Earth. Obviously the new planet was discovered by a Chinese (it is specifically mentioned). Author said it is a city genre cultivation novel.

Obviously I don't trust this author. Technology is useless in his novels. I already cried tears of blood when I read Immortal Mortal. Don't want to continue...

cheval likes this.
  12. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stay away from modern city cultivation genre especially if it's not involving returner/transmigrator/reincarnator.

thanks for the information

Mercy likes this.
  13. scion99

scion99 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is a shame, another interesting novel finished in an incomplete form.:(:(

14. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally buckled down and finished it. The ending wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting based on what everyone was saying. It's basically just missing the "and they lived happily ever after" epilogue. Basically if the author had added two or so more chapters at the end it would be fine. I also think the author forgot to add the wind elemental bead.