LCD Immortal Mortal

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by strixflash, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Slightly Canted

Slightly Canted Grey Warden

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking more of the ungrateful girl vs Ding Bu'er.

Yes, I agree that this novel is refreshing in the sense that not everything is wrapped up. I totally get you on that. But, some things just really should be explored more.

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. Do mean Han Ning?

3. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know what her name is, but ungrateful girl caused Ding Bu'er to get his ass kicked. Ungrateful girl wanted to claim credit for a treasure that MWJ got for her and Bu'er was like, "actually no, Mo Wuji got that, not you." Thus ungrateful girl let one of her followers beat the shit out of Bu'er. Later on Bu'er found out he had high quality spiritual roots and then joined sect. We never heard from him again.

4. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, looks like Master Pu Zi is behind all of the gossip about MWJ crossing the Immortal Chasm. Time for Pu Zi to get his ass wrecked for being a snitch. As well as selling out everyone who crossed with him.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I'm pretty sure you're talking about Han Ning.

Ding Bu'er kind of deserved to get hit for talking too much. The entire reason why she went through the trouble of going out to find it was so that she could trade it for a spot in a sect and he's jeopardizing that by speaking nonsense when he should be quiet. Not to mention that Mo Wuji found it while working for her as a part of her expedition so if she was going to claim to have found it isn't even that inaccurate. At any rate it wasn't her who beat him up. It was her noble friend. The guy who got Mo Wuji thrown out of her group in the first place. She just didn't protect him and fired him afterwards.

Anyway like I said Han Ning was there when he became the leader of the Lost continent. Don't know about Ding Bu'er though.

6. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    Good job MWJ!!! That's my boy! It sucks that the author has our guy (or guys, in this case because of the sect) making powerful enemies even before he gets into the Immortal World. I do wish for MWJ to go back to pill making a little bit. I'm not really a fan of all the talk chapters, but MWJ does have the identity of a pill master and he has gotten the immortal version of the "Wordless Pill Manual" so it would be a shame if he didn't exhibit his skills on a grand stage to some degree.

7. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    At the beginning of the chapter, she recalled how she knew that MWJ was an Earthly Immortal from Half Immortal Domain. She even knew that only outstanding people would be able to do that. Then at the end of the chapter when she hears that a fierce Earthly Immortal from Half Immortal Domain is running roughshod all over Immortal Domain, she doesn't think it's him. Interesting.

8. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wanted to get down to the answers for the questions of:

1) Why are people from the Yong Ying lower domain (includes Zhan Zheng and Half Immortal Domain) discriminated against?

2) Where is Pu Zi?

3) And what is the situation in Immortal World?

Princess Renesmee likes this.
  9. Tarlos

Tarlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's the love interest? Is it Yan'er, the servant girl from the start?

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the lightning girl who gave him the car so far. If there's a second woman it would probably be Yan'er, and my third guess would be the manor lord girl he met a while ago.

11. applestooranges

applestooranges cxxxxx[::::::::::> <:::::::::::::::]xxxxx×›

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone think Mo Wuji will join the lightning sect?
    Also is Wuji gonna get the remainder of the lightning styles art?

12. Tarlos

Tarlos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

13. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I really wanted to see more development on the woman who took Yan'er away in the first place. She had her nose cut off among other things. I really wanted to see how she would get along in the Tian Ji sect.

Looks like our guy is about to get a new love interest by default. She didn't love the original Yan guy, but I'll bet she'll be head over heals for MWJ.

14. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is there something beyond immortal?

15. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't an immortal mortal, by that very definition, be immortal? odd title..

Or if it's more like immortal = cultivator then it should be mortal cultivator? it's just inert and.. stupid as is..

16. wonderer

wonderer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mortal cultivator makes sense, as the MC creates his own cultiation system which uses meridian instead of spirit channels, which has a side effect of not giving him the aura a normal cultivator has, and instead he retains his mortal aura.

by the world's standards he should be mortal unable to cultivate as he doesn't have spirit root only normal mortal ones, but using his other worldly knowledge to find a way, he is able and therefore a cultivating mortal.

17. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    1) It is a play on words. Like a "double entendre" (google it). It is not stupid. People, particularly the Chinese and writers from all over, use phrases like this all the time.

2) Immortal in this sense means "undying" (as per the translator). So, the meaning of Immortal Mortal (in the literal sense) is the undying mortal. It sounds contradictory (even the main character said it was weird) but as the story progressed the meaning of the term immortal mortal is made very clear and it makes perfect sense as it relates to this story.

18. Fofofo

Fofofo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When chinese novels coins the term immortal it's more often than not a description of cultivators/cultivation, it has several meanings, everywhere else it's usually a term for unlimited lifespan.. I don't know where I'm going with this, I haven't read the novel but if it's split up as wonderer said with a clear divide between cultivators or "immortals" and regular mortals then the title makes perfect sense :p

19. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a great novel. The overall theme of this novel is "perseverance through adversity." Our guy, the MC, suffers countless setbacks on his road to the top. Long story short, the first 150 or so chapters is him struggling hard, after that he starts to become a true badass that kicks almost everyone's ass in a one on one fight.

20. Slightly Canted

Reading List:
    Link
    I love it when a conspiracy comes together!

Princess Renesmee likes this.