Discussion Immortality Methods

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ignorant-Aristocrat, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Ignorant-Aristocrat

Ignorant-Aristocrat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! This is just a random question I thought about one day. But how many different types of [Immortality] are there?
    So, I was reading UQ Holder and they have a lot of different 'Immortals' who have different types of [Immortality]. The most basic are just plain infinite youth where your body remains youthful forever. But you can still be killed. More advanced ones are like Wolverine/Deadpool where they regenerate from pretty much anything. Then we have the really interesting ones that Karin who's essentially invulnerable or Kirie who resets after death. Other types of immortality can include reincarnation, soul absorption, or already being dead and remain in 'life' as a ghost or something. Of course, there are also beings that were straight-up born immortal in one way or another.
    Anyway, if you were going to become immortal with the choice of taking on whatever kind of immortality you like, what kind of immortality would you want?

P.S. Under no circumstance am I asking about what path of immortal cultivation would you take. I'm talking about more creative Immortal Types then become enlightened in the Dao.

2. Mr. Meh Man

Mr. Meh Man Subtly suggests yuri

Reading List:
    Link
    When death comes to you and says "it is time," but you're like "no," so death is just like "ok."

3. Cyjuga

Cyjuga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me someone is Immortal if he/she really can't die (and is always in their best form), no matter what (even when he/she is burned to ash). So you would instantly regenerate in not even seconds. Not to mention that you can't block/disable Immortality. You also won't need things like food, water or air.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Mnotia likes this.
  4. Blank-1

Blank-1 Fantasy-holic

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation, except between lives you can regain all your memories and choose how to act the next life. Preferably with some growable metrics to focus on across lives, like soul strength, dao, etc...

5. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on whether you consider it, strictly or loosely, and to what extent.
    Immortality tropes usually concern immortality like the one where you are impervious to everything, to why don't you stay dead, to have unlimited lifespan but a shot to the head kills you, to literally dying but your legacy is what makes you immortal.
    Sometimes, you technically aren't "immortal" as only "you" but your copies are continually being made, which some may consider "immortal"
    Heck, even death can be considered immortal since you become part of the world (assuming the world is immortal)

6. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking that I'd like a kind where I can feel as little pain and discomfort as possible, while not being too obvious so I don't attract attention.

So, I guess I'd want to be an intangible ghost with telekinesis? Or, maybe if I die I just lose my vessel and become intangible again, and I have to regenerate another vessel. That way I'd still be able to eat yummy food. I guess I'll throw in some pain resistance, anti-aging, and disease immunity.

7. cztv123

cztv123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well immortality in a way is simply to not die (duh!) but anyway , how you achieve that is what you seek ... and well it depends on how you want to achieve it .there are many ways to die and to avoid them you can also go through many paths , an example of true (kinda) invincibility is like if you get way into god-state and mess with the information form of the universe to make your existance a law like the 4 forces of nature , then probs no one can harm you...(unless the whole universe is destroyed) . or a force with much more authority over the fabric of reality deletes you from existance ( ex. the creator ?) . other than information form immortality , you can simply just become voldemort (without losing the nose) , severing your soul into various pieces that you can ressurect from if your main body were to perish... if you have too much resources and are unwilling to pertake (almost meaningless ) endless amounts of researching for immortality , then you can also use shield/array types where you would have to feed on certain types of energies to keep it working (might want to build some kingdom or empire before using these though as it would consume alot when fighting).....etc

8. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough*
    I'm just going to quote some game opening speech here to answer this question.

I am Gundam.

Fulminata likes this.
  9. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Immortal life and immortal youth. No point in living forever if your body just gives up and you get dementia.
    Reincarnation works too as long as you get a brief "this is what happened last episode" flashback.

10. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Aw... That Ps destroyed my choice..

I would choose spiritual immortality.. I'd make a billion clones of my immortal soul and plant it as seeds in all species of the multiverse.. I can take over the host whenever I wish to :blobangel:

Exalted likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    If I HAD to choose one, I'd choose to be reincarnated after death, preferably like, 100ish years in the future (mainly so that I don't need to worry about finding people I already knew before, it would hurt to meet someone and have to pretend I know nothing about them), while still being able to choose some things about myself... Like my gender, how high I'll grow, skin color, if my hair will be curly or smooth, where I'll reincarnate... This kind of thing.

Alternatively, instead of reincarnating 100ish years in the future, I could just lose my memories (or most of them) after reincarnating. I wouldn't mind that either.

I absolutely would never want the immortality of "I can live forever", because that means I'd see everyone I love die, one after the other... I would never ever want to deal with that.