Impressions on Dark Matter

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Ai chan, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    So Ai-chan started watching Dark Matter a couple of hours ago and Ai-chan has two questions:

1) When will One ever stop being a dumbass? Because of One, everyone got into trouble, running a one-man show that involved the whole crew in his self-righteous stupidity.
    2) Will they ever close the god-damned shuttle door? In episode 2, because of their inability to CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOR, raiders got in and tried to hijack the shuttle. Actually Ai-chan noticed this in the very first episode, but thought it was just closed out of shot. But in this scene, he actually tried to start the engine without closing the fucking door. How hard is it to just press the goddamned button? It's right next to the fucking door!

Ai-chan heard rave reviews about this show, but will this get any better? Will the two issues ever get fixed? Ai-chan wants to continue watching this, because the captain is hot, but will it get better? More importantly, will they ever CLOSE THE FUCKING DOOR?!!!

2. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    It starts off good but starts to decline later. Worth watching but don't expect much after season 1

Ai chan likes this.
  3. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop.

Ai-chan is pissed enough.

Don't make Ai-chan use rude words.

4. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    #no-hijack next time then?
    From what I have heard the series is pretty much shit

5. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    There should not be a need to put such a tag. It's just part of being tactful.

When you go to a funeral, do you say to the corpse, "Wow, you look so pale, bro! You've been eating well?" Nobody said you can't make rude jokes to a corpse, but you don't make rude jokes to the corpse. You know you're not supposed to do that.

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  6. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    I would, be like "damn bro, the chinese would envy you..... if you were alive".

7. sidiusn

sidiusn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its not worth the time if you ask me, start of season 1 is ok.. but it gets worse for every episode.

Ai chan likes this.
  8. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped Dark matter after 3rd episode of season 2. It starts off really good then the story just becomes unbearable to watch. if you want to watch show similar to Dark matter I suggest watching The Expanse the story the action and suspense make it really good watch you will find yourself watching episode after episode.

Ai chan likes this.
  9. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on the title, I thought that this thread would be about the representation of dark matter (and potential inaccuracies with respect to actual scientific knowledge) in media. I had no idea it was a show.

#ai-chanIsMyGoddess

10. Ai chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Already watched The Expanse. Enjoyed it very much, but still waiting for that 4th season (or is it 5th season?) the one where they travel through the alien gate to other solar systems. A better series is perhaps Firefly, too bad it has only one season but at least they have a conclusion in Serenity.

11. Hishiron

Hishiron Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually really enjoyed this show, it's just disappointing that it doesn't look like they will be making a season 4. Season 3 ended with a lot of loose ends but also a lot of potential for another season.