Discussion In Different World With a Smartphone

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by tytania, Jul 22, 2017.

1. tytania

tytania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How can the title say with a "smartphone" when there is rarely any smartphone mentioned in the novel? I mean after chapter 100 i just remember that the smartphone rarely mentioned, it is just mention he used the smartphone app for intel gathering from maps, sound and video recording and takes picture and nothing else. Maybe the maps app can be used in the battlefield but that just it nothing else and the smartphone is rarely used on casual stuff. The main point is that he likes to use teleportation, it should be changed to "In different World with Teleportation".

I like the novel but it lacks the main point of using the smartphone.

2. maxordos

maxordos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have the novel on my reading list but still haven't read it and honestly, I prefer it in the way that you explain rather than something like iboy

3. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably something like how it was originally going to be the focus of the novel, but then the author got sucked into other ideas and it was too late to change the novel's title.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  4. GilgameshX2114

GilgameshX2114 Eccentric Gil, Almighty Immortal, God of All

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, he is in another world and he has his smartphone. I guess that sums up the reasons for its title.

5. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    In different world with Teleportation is a different novel, being translated by Ice Cream Cake right now.
    The Smartphone in this one is used for voice recording, magic targeting, maps, projecting information, and allowing internet access for the harem members' hobbies.

6. Rivenn

Rivenn 【I eat fruit】【commonhouseman】【RV_n/Rivelle】

Reading List:
    Link
    well there are a lot of "small but important" details that makes use of the smartphone to cover possible plot holes without it...

7. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    heh a fragile smart phone. . . . he should have bought a pipboy instead. . . .

8. Siceraria

Siceraria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really is a smartphone in the end, you can't expect much from it to begin with.
    Though to be honest, having a smartphone that gives you a direct line to God, an ability to distinguish friend or foe, access to all information on the internet, and being able to help you paralyze or slip up entire armies is already a big help.
    By this point, I don't think I would ask for anything more since it is already a cheat item.

CountryMage and nazmulm like this.
  9. ArtoriFox

ArtoriFox Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty common in the "I got sent to another world but XYZ" genre to include the one defining feature that makes it different from every other story in the title. For Smartphone that was, you guessed it, the smartphone.

As for the slow but steady fade in smartphone screentime... does he really need it after the first few chapters? I mean, he was gifted amazing physical prowess and combat abilities, can use all elements of magic, and can even use the unique overpowered kind that nobody else can use just by reading the name and description of it. How useful is the ability to check the internet and use a GPS compared to all that? The smartphone kinda lost its usefulness the moment he started learning magic.

10. tytania

Reading List:
    Link
    That what i mean

11. Ophis

Ophis 『God Slayer』 『Dragon God』 『Harem Seeker』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you're exaggerating. The MC used the smartphone to basically revolutionize the whole entertainment system of that world.

List of things the MC used his smartphone to bring to the isekai:

Bicycles
    Mahjong
    Table Tennis
    Billiard
    Pinball
    Air Hockey
    Baseball

Baseball got so popular that the countries of their western alliance even built stadiums and were organizing international matches. lol

Moreover, that smartphone is completely broken in combat.

sealteam14 likes this.
  12. tytania

Reading List:
    Link
    By the way will he expand his territory further?

CadmarLegend likes this.