Implemented In Reading List Option for Series Finder

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by chencking, Dec 4, 2017.

1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how unusual it may or may not be, but my reading list is damn long...to the point I generally find using the series finder easier than searching my list when I only have a genre in mind. That's why I'd appreciate an option on the series finder to only search your reading list. That way, I know all the results will be those novels I already started or liked the description of, and won't have to scroll of hundreds of novels to find mine.

sithkazar likes this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... Can't you just create more reading lists and divide the series you read according to genre?

3. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Aside from how much of a bother it would be to sort, no, because it wouldn't be practical. What happens if I divide them by tags, and then decide I just want a certain language? Or I decide I want everything but a type, but they're mixed into the new list. My issue is dealing with whims - if I could plan for it so easily, ti wouldn't be a good whim

Plus I don't want to deal with multiple lists on my phone >.>

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmm, well, it would give a better use for the Series Finder I guess... Right now it's mainly there as a feature that was added before the Reading List was a thing...

I don't think it should be hard to program and I don't think it's a bad idea, so... I guess I wouldn't mind seeing it.

chencking likes this.
  5. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Piggybacking off my old thread cuz I'm too lazy to make a new one, but maybe it would be best to add report a problem to the NU user tools, rather than user profile

6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    It's intentional AFAIK, the report button being in an non-intuitive location means that people will need to actually search to find it. It's good to avoid troll-reports.

7. chencking

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh. I didn't consider that trade-off. It loses some valid reports as well, but it does sound like a good trade.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I think the line of thought is along the lines of... "If they really want to, they'll either search and find it, or they'll make a thread on the forums, and then we can direct them to the form"

At least I think it's like that, been a while since I hear the reason behind the positioning of the Report button, so I may be spouting some nonsense here.

chencking likes this.