Korean In Search of the Epitaph: Keijo, Showa year 62 (Redux)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Burai1992, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Burai1992

Burai1992 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Name: In Search of the Epitaph: Keijo, Showa year 62 (비명을 찾아서: 경성, 쇼우와 62년) (碑銘을 찾아서: 京城, 쇼우와 62년) (京城・昭和六十二年 〜碑銘を求めて〜) (Note: Showa year 62 = AD 1987)
    Author: Bok Geo-il (복거일) (卜鉅一)
    Raw Link: https://tinyurl.com/ybwq4eyw (Part 1), https://tinyurl.com/y8luvu8o (Part 2)
    NU Link (if available): None
    Novel Status: Completed
    Drama adaptation: Was planned but they scrapped it: https://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_In_Search_of_the_Epitaph.php
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    An Alternate History Novel that takes place in an Alternate Timeline where An Jung-geun failed to assassinate Ito Hirobumi which lead to the Japanese Empire never becoming an Axis Power in WWII (Also, apparently in this Alternate Timeline, WWII took place from AD 1942 to AD 1947 instead of AD 1939 to AD 1945), America committing a nuclear genocide on Nazi Germany instead of Japan (Thanks to the Pacific War never happening) (Which lead to Germany never being spilt in half by the U.K. and Soviet Russia, as well as the Berlin Wall never being built), the KMT "winning" the Chinese Civil War (Thanks to the Second Sino-Japanese War never happening) (I sadly put winning in quotation marks because in this alternate timeline, the Chinese Civil War ended in stalemate, with North China becoming Communist China (Capital: Beijing), South China becoming Nationalist China (Capital: Nanjing), and Manchuria becoming independent from China), any chances of the Belgian Empire, the British Empire, the Dutch Empire, the French Empire, the Japanese Empire, the Portuguese Empire, America, and Spain's respective colonies ever becoming independent officially being completely far past fucked (Thanks to the Pacific War never happening), and all of Korea's Post-WWII achievements getting completely robbed by the Japanese Empire.
    Description:
    Ito Hirobumi did not get assassinated at the Harbin Station in 1909. And Korea is still a Japanese colony to this very day.

As of today, the Japanese Empire has now officially become the world's third largest superpower right next to America and the Soviet Union.

Korea itself is completely wiped out of it's history, language and culture, and nobody knows the truth that Korea used to be an independent country.

However, Hideyo Kinoshita (木下英世) (A 39 year old Japanese-born Korean salaryman born in Seishu (Formally known as Cheongju)) has discovered the truth that Korea used to be independent. And now, Hideyo has now set off for the search of the erased epitaph.

----------
    Since next year (2021) is gonna be the year of the Tokyo Olympics (BTW Fuck COVID-19 straight to hell). I'm hoping one of you guys will translate this novel in honor of the Tokyo Olympics.

BTW I never actually read the novel myself (I don't live in Korea nor speak Korean) (Mainly because it was never published in English).

Also I've been wanting somebody to translate this novel into English for over 2 years now and I want a Novel Translation Group to translate this novel into English so I can finally get this over with once and for all! I guess you can say I'm SEARCHING for a Novel Translation Group who will translate "In Search of the Epitaph" into English (Bass-Boosted Seinfeld theme plays in the background: )

2. OverlyUnfriendly

OverlyUnfriendly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds racist.

I take it you want someone to translate this. Judging by your other threads, they would also have to purchase the raws themselves. If I can be honest with you, though I doubt you'll listen to me, this novel's chances of ever being translated are very very small. The subject matter is not popular outside of Korea because of the heavy racism/nationalism behind it. Also Korean translators are rare to begin with and most of them will not ignore the DMCA (small ones freak out over nothing while the big ones are all trying to go legit). I would advise you to give it a rest.