Discussion In the news today lets find a reason to stop another bit of harmless fun for children !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Guyver, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I found this article amusing lol

https://news.yahoo.com/parents-stop-children-blowing-birthday-candles-150141728.html

Everything that has been done for hundreds of year without harm has to have reason to be unhealthy nowadays. :rolleyes:

For those that cannot be bother clicking the link. :D

But do parents need to stop kids letting loose on the candle-blowing front? Apparently, yes.

The matter was brought to light by a viral clip of US politician Mitt Romney blowing out his birthday candles by lifting them out of the cake one by one and blowing them out individually.

He later explained the reason for his unusual method to TMZ, telling them he had “a bit of a cold” and didn’t want to give anyone his germs.

So is he being paranoid, or, actually, should parents be teaching their children to do the same?

According to a 2017 study, we should all follow Romney’s example (when it comes to candles, that is).

Researchers at Clemson University in South Carolina spread icing over foil and added birthday candles on top.

The subjects were then asked to eat pizza (as you might at a birthday party, but also to stimulate saliva) before blowing out candles.

The results found blowing out candles over an icing surface increases bacteria present by 1400%.

Blowing out candles isn’t the only unhygienic habit you might be practising.

Recent research carried out MoneySavingHeroes found that a whopping 61 percent of men and 37 percent of women regularly use their phone on the toilet.

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right I wonder what the statistics for using a tablet computer on the toilet is.:D

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  4. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is breathing hygienic ?

Wujigege, ru5ty, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  5. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I fear for the future.... The overly-sensitive humanity.... :sweating_profusely:

GrimVeilRule, ru5ty, anon and 2 others like this.
  6. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayy

On me, that's humans. It's fun when you get to see one in real life but not disrupting your daily life. It's annoying when one sensitive human gets all political and annoy us normal people.

Everyone's sensitive. Some just take it to a whole nother level of "What. Are you okay?"

TheNewGuy and anon like this.
  7. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    With all the invisible, too small to see germs, bacterias, virus, etc....and all the polluted air in the world around us, actually no. And even considering the CO2 when you breath out as well.
    When you try to use research for anything that can contain germs...well, you will get about Anything.

TheNewGuy likes this.
  8. Reward

Reward Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  9. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well not sure if it's true but (french) kissing is not hygienic (found it on a novel).

LetheanDragon likes this.
  10. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was actually expecting something like how lots of teens these days love to play or tease each other around while the candle/s are lit causing their hair or any loose piece of clothing to catch fire

But deym, my disappointment is on a whole different level after reading this

11. eni-mon

eni-mon Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is.... it's okay to be cautious when you have a cold but to tell parents not to do it?........

12. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    We live in a sensitive time... fml do we need to make the kids wear padded body armor and helmets when they go out and play? Or better yet, no more outdoor stuff and pure VR and AR?

13. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose it’s fine so long as the bday boy/girl isn’t sick. I remember I had pneumonia during my 8th birthday which wasn’t discovered until well after the party. Guess I was just lucky I didn’t give it to anyone.

And I remember hearing this news a few years ago...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  14. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    If this really is such a big deal then I don't know why it took so long for people to "figure it out". There is no cure for stupidity so people are likely to die out from being dumb faster than the extra germs found on a cake after blowing out candles

15. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Watch this, I'd recommend the full video but it it goes too technical for you, watch from 3:57.

Toralk likes this.
  16. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't we stop with celebration cakes since they're not really healthy? Moreover, burning candles causes air pollution. And yes, let's not forget celebration parties lead to exclusions/ostracism. I mean, imagine how left out all the uninvited would feel? :blobsmirk:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    But spitting on the cake as you blow out the candles is half the fun...

18. raitei

raitei ⟪Procyon lotor paronomasiaabsentii⟫

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Toralk likes this.
  19. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What is going on here? @kyzer posting about bugs having sex on peoples faces, laying eggs then dying and you are posting about eating bacteria and germs? the hell is going on here :blobfearful:?

20. Reward

Reward Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think i only celebrated my birthday around 4-5 times and only once with candles. :blobsleepless: