Spoiler In This Life, I Will Be The Lord / 이번 생은 가주가 되겠습니다'

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Aug 4, 2020.

1. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ballesac is one of them and I explained what happened to him. Don't recall what happened to the other cousin. Ballesac is the one who bullied her the most and hit her.

I don't have the side stories so can't spoil on that.
    Someone already shared their first kiss. They don't have a lot of fluffy moments since ML is barely shown in the first half.

She first met him, when her and her father went to the palace to pay a visit to see the Empress. She ran off faking getting lost and found him accidentally. ML fell for her at first sight thinking she's like a fairy. She gave him some potion that she had Estira made and some candies. She told ML whenever he eat the poisoned food, he would take some antidote to help with the poison. The whole time he would just hug the bottles of antidote to sleep and eat a candy while thinking of her. She didn't see him again until long after when she told Rulac, her grandfather, about ML's living condition. Her grandfather storm to the palace and MC brought some more things for ML. She gave him more antidote, cookies, a book on Brown swordsmanship and a better wooden sword to train. She told him to practice his swordsmanship and study hard, and one day he will meet someone who will ask for the book and he will have to give the book to that person. ML didn't want to give it away. He looked disappointed cause he wanted to keep the gift MC gave him. He did reluctantly gave it to the person later on and that person became one of his people and trained him in swordsmanship. When Rulac went to see the Emperor to talk about ML's living condition, the two fell asleep together after she gave him the gifts.

After that, ML and MC wrote letters often. MC didn't visit him for years though even though ML kept wanting to see her. He would do little things to find ways to meet her, like when he heard about the scholarship event, he agreed to attend because her father will be attending it to receive his reward.

When the Empress tried to send him away to the academy, he didn't want to go since he want to stay around MC but eventually he decided he will go to help gain higher position. He asked Tia why she didn't tell him to go and she told him, because he have to want it himself. They continued to send letters to each other while in the academy. He paid her a last visit before he leave.

There's like a 6 year time skip after he left. ML graduated the academy a year earlier than normal but he didn't return home because he went to travel. When he finally came back, he didn't head to the palace first but went to see Tia. His friend was surprised to see he can smile and laugh and even hugging a lady. His friend think she must be the lady from the letters since he would always look forward to the letters.

ML didn't really act on his feelings until when he overheard MC told Abinox he should express his love to Larane. That's why he kissed her later on when she got trapped under a landslide and after saving her, he kissed her.

Later on he's pretty bold with his advances, kissing and hugging her, usually in private though. Tia tries to keep a firm line since she would remind him she will always choose Lombardi.

One time he came to visit her in his nightwear saying he should be there since one of his people is being borrowed by her. So he was using excuse that he's visiting her as her fiance. He kissed her and pulled her to sit on his lap. Her father came later on and saw them both alone in the room and ML got scared. Tia's dad dragged him to eat with him and grandfather for 4 hrs and ML came back unenergetic.

I think there are more but can't remember on top of my head.

Oh wait, there was a time he paid her a visit when she was sleeping and he laid down next to her on her bed. She "woke up" and they talked and she admit she does love him and he laughed and she asked why he's laughing. He said cause he finally heard her say she loves him. When she woke up, she didn't know that event happened and thought it was all a dream until he told her.

***​

I don't recall all the companies. ML does own some companies on his own later on too. He did something kind of similar to what MC did and have someone else as the forefront of his company. MC have Clelivan as her forefront. He was her first employee and their first business was a diamond mine. They won some bid for a diamond mine for 2050 gold. Only a few people knew about the true worth of the mine.

Oh that reminds me, MC gave ML a diamond brooch. Because MC owned the diamond mines, the Empress was very upset that her family lost the bid against the mines. She would forbid anyone visiting the palace from wearing diamonds in front of her. When she saw ML with the diamond brooch, she got even more upset and think that brooch doesn't match ML cause it's too valued.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  2. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @NohrNeir , Thank you! Really thank you.:aww:

Even if the novel is more on MC's journey to become the matriarch of Lombardi. Their interaction, though a little sparse, is so fluffy and cute.

Haha, I wonder what did the soft Papa Gallahan and the strict Granpa Rulac said to Perez during the 4hrs. dinner that he became less energetic.

I also love how Perez treasures what Tia gave him. They are so cute.

Thank you again for the detailed spoiler.:blobtaco:

3. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    wow, he's got some balls to do that when her dad and grandpa are around. :blobthinkingsmirk:

4. Hx776f62626c65

Hx776f62626c65 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its probably my reading comprehension that is not good enough to assume, that her power was 'precognitive dream' as it somehow mentioned during her talk with MC Grandma(it is also one of her ability). If her power was really to be able to turn back time after death, I would personally think that her power was better and stronger than her mother(IMHO, turning back time is way better compared to Seeing the Future). Then it would become a logical flaw with what her grandmother said that being a half blood means weaker power. Id also somehow assumed that their power would be closely related with being relatives.

MC did asked her grandmother her about what her power was, and she answered 'maybe/probably' (아마) her power was to turn back time.

augacutan, Bella94, Peerly and 11 others like this.
  5. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the the weakness in her power is that it can only be used only once. That was what her grandmother meant by her being half blood made her power "weaker", because she can only use it once. After this life, that's it. She wouldn't be able to turn back time again, so her grandmother advise her to live better instead of just living for Lombardi. That is why Tia decided she will also go for her love and went straight to see Perez afterwards to propose to him. The whole time she was against marrying him because of living to become Lombardi head of household.

The one with precognitive dream power was her mother who could see the whole future. The ability to see 'whole' future is what makes her mother's power strong because even the grandmother can only see bits and pieces of past and close future. So the strength in power isn't because of the type of power but the strength in the usage of the power. Like say for example if MC was full blood, she could've kept turning back time over and over again.

Also towards the end, she was thinking to herself that even if she doesn't know the future, she believes Larane and Abinox will be happy in the future. That means her power isn't to see the future.

6. blindpig05

blindpig05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wait. Im a bit confused. Tia didnt get a lombardy head title but get another title? Count or something?

Or

Tia became head of lombardy, got the lombardy head title plus another title??

And also when our MC meet her maternal grandma?

Last one, promise... How did ML and MC mother died? The backstory and detail please

So sorry for asking many question

But please spoil us :)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    kazuki10, SofiyeJaan, Tobbit and 2 others like this.
  7. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    You question is confusing me. She didn't get the any title until the end when she became the head of the Lombardy household.

The reason she didn't want to become Empress is because when you're Empress, your family name and any title or inheritance you own will belong to the imperial family instead or stay with the family.

Where did you read that she got another title? It's her father that got another 'title'. He didn't have any title before even though he's a Lombardy because he was an unemployed man who just stays home to write stories that never get published. After he became wealthy, he was rewarded with his own land and title outside of being Lombardy. Tia will inherit the land and his company if he ever pass away. He actually wanted them to leave Lombardy before because he didn't want Tia to have to deal with all the responsibilities of being a Lombardy. That's why he strive to become rich in the first place, but Tia told him, her dream was to become the head of Lombardy and her dad let her and told her he thinks she will do well. She was really happy from hearing that since it was the first time someone ever told her that.

This is the grandmother from her mother's side (grandmother from father's side already pass away) and they met really late. As I've mentioned right after their talk, she went to try to propose to ML. It happened around chapters 250 and the last chapter is 256, so it was really close towards the end.

The Emperor told ML's mother to drink the poison and die because her existence was making him look bad. He told her he will take care of her son for her when she dies (but we all know he never did). Also ML had witnessed her being killed before and didn't realize. It was the first time he saw his own father.

MC's mother died around 100 days after she gave birth to MC. There's not much about how she died so we can safely assume she was already weakened due to her powers.

8. Lalali

Lalali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Romana ans ML love each other in the prev timeline???

9. PattyCakes

PattyCakes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They married. He saved her household and then they married.

Shendee90, charisa, Peerly and 3 others like this.
  10. blindpig05

blindpig05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Wow, really?
    there are other comment that state that her ability is 1 time use only and it is returning to the past
    Damn. this is confusing, i guesss i'll wait for the novel/manhwa to finish first haha

thx for spoilers anyway

Ah, sorry about that, i was just woke up and i read it wrong haha
    so tia's dad get rich because of the clothing business??

Thanks for the spoiler btw!!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2021
  11. minibeth

minibeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the wonderful spoilers. Tia is
    really cool in your explanation and the ML sounds cute lol.

Dobokan and simplysharonda like this.
  12. rock.doll

rock.doll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoilers! This is awesome! :blobnom:

The emperor got his karma back, same with empress. :blobpopcorn_cool:

13. Fishyla

Fishyla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As I’m currently MTL-ing the novel, I’ll post the chapters as I read. Will try to edit when I have time and can actually make sense of it. :blobpeek:
    I’ll also update the TOC on the 1st page. So you can find them there.

"Is Dr. O'Malley here?"

As expected, the place where my father brought me was the clinic in the mansion.

Doctors in this world were similar to oriental doctors in that they used herbs as medicine by burning and grinding them, and to the mythical power of doctors, sometimes called healing powers, they were similar to the theology I saw in the novel.

Even those who did not know the smell of herbs ruminating as soon as they entered the small building could know that this was a lawmaker.

"Dr. O'Malley!"

As can be seen from the smell of herbs, Lombardy's doctor, Dr. O'Malley, was an electronic type of congressman.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Gallahan?"

Inside, a man with a modest impression walked out of the lab door.

He was a tall man who looked about in his late 40s.

"Firentia's hurt. Can you take a look?"

Dr. O'Malley looked at me at my father's words.

He wondered if she was injured enough to bring her to the clinic, when the child, who was supposed to be crying, looked at him.

"Oh, how did you do this?"

However, Dr. O'Malley frowned after having me sit on a chair and looked at the wound.

It was because the wound was worse than I thought.

"I fell down."

I put a questionable wound around why it works like a panacea.

"Until now, the knee may be scarred."

Coincidentally, it was the place where I fell and got hurt on my birthday.

I thought I was growing up without a scar, but I ended up getting something similar.

However, his father's face color has become worse, unlike me, who is not broken anywhere and nods.

"Whoa?"

I'm sure you're upset that there's a scar left on your daughter's body.

My father's big hand patted my head heavily.

Dr. O'Malley looked at my father and daughter for a moment and took out a strange potion and applied it on my wound.

"And where else do you feel pain, My Lady?"

It's honestly a little awkward to hear the extreme honorifics that I haven't heard in a long time.

Yeah, this was how I felt before my father died.

I put my left arm out to Dr. O'Malley, who was more concerned than my knee.

"Here you go.

"Whew."

The doctor who saw my swollen wrist clicked his tongue without realizing it.

"Who was it, Tia?"

My father asked in an angry low voice.

Maybe it means who made my wrist like this, Bellezac or Astalieu?

I thought I was going to go and argue with the parents of the child who was responsible.

But I answered in the same way as before.

"I fell down."

"Tia…."

My father was upset and called me, but I pretended not to hear and pretended not to know.

"Hmm. I don't think it's broken because of the swelling, but I think you’ll have to be careful for a while."

Eventually, a thick bandage was wrapped around my wrist.

When I take a bath, I can take it off, but I have to wash it again, and Dr. O'Malley decided to visit me every few days.

And I was told that I had to drink bitter medicine every day for a month.

It was the worst prescription for me, who hated bitter food or tea even when I became an adult.

My father, who was looking at me, who was taking a medicine bag with a nervous face, said to Dr. O'Malley because I already felt bitter taste in my mouth.

"Doctor, I'd like to talk to my daughter for a moment, would you excuse me?"

"Yes, I'll be in the lab. Call me if you need anything."

The doctor went back to the lab and only me and my father were left.

This is Dr. O'Malley's place, so if you have something to say, we should be the one leaving.

However, I can feel that he was the son of the patriarch from father who asked the doctor to leave so naturally.

"Tia."

My father called me, kneeling on one knee at my eye level in the chair.

Seeing my father with the same eyes as my green eyes, which I could only see when I looked in the mirror, one side of my heart aches and I am happy.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?”

It may be about Bellezac and Astalieu.

My father knew they were bothering me, but it must have been shocking to know for the first time today that I was hearing such insulting words.

In the past, I was frightened by Bellezac's words that I would show the best of my life at the earliest and didn't even think about asking for help from adults.

Eventually, my father didn't know this until the day he died.

I thought it was a relief then.

Now that I look back, it was really stupid.

"He said he'd hit me more if I told on him.”

"…… these guys!"

An angry father jumped up as if he were going to scold Bellezac and Astalieu right away.

But my hand grabbed my father's sleeve.

"It's okay. I've been beaten up a lot today, so I won't be able to say that again.”

If I do it again, I'll hit you again.

My father, who was embarrassed by my cool response, soon sat down again with a broken smile.

"Tia, can I ask you a question?”

"What is it?"

"Why did you act differently today?”

He seemed to want to know what changed in my mind.

From a parent's point of view, I wonder what my child thinks.

"I knew that if I put up with it any longer, I wouldn't quit."

Young I held it in, thinking that if I endure like this is how I endured it.

As I expected, as I grew older, the harassment of Bellezac and Astalieu stopped, but it wasn't really over.

In the end, it only changed into different types of violence and discrimination.

"So I won't hold it in from now on. We'll hit each other, and if it doesn't work, it will reach out to adults and cry.

So don't worry too much."

I hugged my father who looked at me with sad eyes and said.

My father, who had been stunned for a while, soon patted me on the back.

"But Tia. Why are you calling me father all of a sudden? I'd like you to call me daddy like you did before.….”

Oh

I used to call my father my dad.

The sudden sense of distance was upsetting, and the father's eyes were drooping down.

I've already met my father, who died ten years ago, and I can't give you that much!

"Daddy!"

I said in a sweeter embrace of my father.

"Let's live happily ever after!"

"Ha ha! Let's do it, Tia."

Dad doesn't understand what I'm saying.

You'll never know.

I'm not going to do anything like leaving in such a vainly this time.

I'll protect you.

Dad and the Lombardy Family!

the house of the patriarch

Rulac looked at a book in front of him, rubbing his fair eyebrows.

"People in the South" He had brought another book from the library.

It was because I wondered if I remembered the contents of the book incorrectly.

It was a study of a mysterious tribe discovered about a decade ago at the southern tip of the Empire.

The author introduced that they live in the forest and have a very closed culture and mysterious power of "magic."

It was explained that it was an ability that came only through bloodline and a secretive power that could not be taught to outsiders.

Rulac, who opened the book and looked through the contents, covered the book.

Such content was not important.

What bothers him now is why his granddaughter, who is only seven years old, was reading difficult academic books written for adults, not cultural books such as literature.

knock, knock

A man wearing glasses with a long blonde tied neatly came in with a knock.

It was Clarivan, a scholar who had been sponsored by Rulac since the beginning of the scholarship program.

Currently, he was in charge of the finances of the mansion and the Lombardy children's education.

"Did you call, Lord?"

"Sit down for a moment."

As soon as Clarivan sat across from him, Rulac pushed his "People of the South" in front of him.

"What is this?”

"This is the book my granddaughter was reading today.”

"If you're a granddaughter, do you mean Larane?"

Larane was the eldest daughter of Vieze and the two-year-old sister of Bellezac.

"That's amazing. When I was 11 years old, I read a book like this...….”

"It's not Larane."

"Then who is it?"

"Firentia."

Clarivan frowned at Rulac's words.

I wondered if the lord in front of him was joking.

"I'm not kidding."

"But she’s still...….”

"She’s seven years old.

Clarivan, who looked at the book as if he had checked the contents of the book as if it had been Rulac’s, said, "I am suspicious."

"Didn't she just like the cover of the book?"

The dark green cover, like the forest where the southerners live, could have looked pretty to the eyes of a child.

"At the age of seven, she’s only old enough to read a few fairy tale books."

"Normally, yes."

"So you're saying that she’s not common?"

"I called you to find out.”

"Then…."

"From now on, let Firentia take classes with other children."

Clarivan gathered Lombardy's children once a week for classes.

The grand prize is children who are believed to be able to follow the class regardless of age, and the only ones currently taking the class were Vieze's two siblings and Shanannet's, Rulac’s single daughter, 11-year-old twin brothers.

"Firentia is still too young. Rather than understanding the class, a seven-year-old would find it difficult to even sit in one place for such a long time."

"That's generally the case, too."

Clarivan, who read something significant in Rulac’s words, narrowed his eyes.

"What exactly are you trying to confirm, Lord?"

"Well…."

Rulac’s thick fingers tapped on the desk.

"Firentia's mother was a stray who came into the city. She had a beautiful appearance, but there was no exceptional aspect.”

Now the face is faint, but only two strong green eyes were memorable, and Rulak continued.

"That's why I didn't pay much attention to Firentia. Looking at it today...….”

He remembered the face of his granddaughter, who said everything she wanted to say without shedding a drop of tear even though she was hurt and her hair was messed up.

"Maybe there's someone who's inherited the blood of this Rulac.”

A rare pleasant smile was built on Rulac’s wrinkled face as he remembered her climbing onto a much larger Bellezac and wielding a book.
    "Tia, what do you want for your birthday?”

My father asked me while I was watching the servants serve breakfast bowls.

Last night's very careful search revealed that I'm still seven years old and about a month away from my eighth birthday.

"A teddy bear! I want a huge teddy bear!"

I picked a present that a seven-year-old child would want and shouted loudly.

"But you don't like dolls, do you?"”

"Oh…."

I'm doomed.

Since I was young, I didn't like dolls that looked like humans or animals.

I think it’ll move alive at night.

I said I wanted to have a huge teddy bear.

Sweat ran down my back from the way my father looked at me as if I were a little strange.

"come to think of it. I don't think dolls are that good."

"Then what can I get you?”

'Hmm,' I couldn't think of anything.

What I want as a gift is a villa in a secluded place or a place where I can earn money for the rest of my life?

But I can't ask you to buy something like that.

I think I should ask you to buy me a suitable book or one.

At that time, my father clapped his hands as if he had a good idea.

"Yes! How's the horse, Tia?"

"What?"

"If you take a one-year-old colt and raise him from now on, he will be a very good horse by the time you become an adult."

I blinked my eyes for a moment without answering.

Horses are expensive.

Depending on how many horses they owned, they were important enough to measure the size of the property of the owner or group of owners.

The ransom for a horse is the same, but more importantly, the maintenance cost.

Unless they were going to feed themselves and clean up their excrement, they had to hire someone to replace them, and they needed a nice stable.

There was no question about the large land where horses could run as fast as they wanted.

Ordinary aristocratic families also buy horses for their children, but it was a gift suitable for their 18th birthday as adults.

"When I was your age, I got my first horse as a birthday gift."

But this is Lombardy.

Such general economic standards were out of practice.

He is usually such a simple and gentle man that I sometimes forget, but his father is also from the Lombardy family.

I stared at my father with such thoughts.

"Huh? Why are you looking at me like that, Tia?"

"It's nothing. But Dad, if that happens, I feel so sorry for that colt."

I didn't really want to learn how to ride, so I came up with an excuse to refuse.

"Poor thing?"

"You're only a year old, and you have to be away from your mother. Then you'll be so sad."

"Tia…."

Oh, no.

The moment I spoke, I realized that I had made a mistake.

It was because my father's eyes looking at me became moist in an instant.

"You don't like to be away from your mom...….”

I forgot for a moment.

The fact that my mother died as soon as she gave birth to me.

It was clear that my father misunderstood that I thought I was the same as the colt.

"Oh, Dad, I mean...…I" tried to settle it late, but it was late.

My father, who looked at me with tears in his eyes, hugged me and said.

"This dad was short-sighted. Let's bring the mother with us."

"I'm fine...… what?"

What did you just hear?

"As you say, it's too cruel to separate a one-year-old colt from my mother. So if you buy a mother's horse together, wouldn't you be able to live happily together?”

That's true.

Horses are expensive, but mare that can give birth is more expensive.

But the father, the son of the Lombardy family, can't have that in mind.

I nodded my head half-asleep.

"How can Tia be so kind-hearted?”

My father patted my hair as if it were lovely in the world and hugged me once again.

Yeah, we can learn how to ride.

My father said to me, who was rumbling like a full cat.

"Shall we read a book in the drawing room instead of going to the library today?”

Unlike other cousins who spend most of their days with their nanny, I had no nanny.

I used the hands of the maids to solve the good work, such as washing or changing clothes, and instead, my father took charge of the first half of my life.

In other words, I am stuck like a gum to my father from when I wake up until I fall asleep again.

It was also because my father and I were close because we were the only small family, but the reason why such a simple routine was realistically possible was because my father was unemployed.

"I should write a book today."

Father was interested and learned in many places, from art to economy, but he did not use them in practice.

Is it just a type of knowledge that ends in knowledge?

Sometimes, when he was really interested in a topic, he’d organize what he knows and made it into a book like that.

Of course, there is no profit from it.

The finished book is just stuck in my father's bookshelf.

Nevertheless, my father has the power to buy a mother horse and a baby horse for his seven-year-old daughter's birthday.

Lombardy is the best.

Before I knew it, I saw my father drawing something and focusing on his work, and I opened my book a little away and sat down.

Of course, reading was just a simulation, and the purpose was to do something else.

'Let's organize our thoughts.’

It was to point out what to do in the future step by step by step by step.

It would be best to write it down and organize it, but there was a risk that someone would read it.

It's difficult to be with my father all day.

I turned over the bookshelf pretending to read a book and picked the first thing I should do.

"I have to win my grandfather's heart.’

If he had known my abilities a few years earlier before he died...He lamented that … but I am sure that the future of the family would not have changed.

Even if I knew a few years earlier, it was too late.

With the structure of succession already hardened to the eldest son, Vieze, and his son Bellezac growing up, what would have changed even if his illegitimate granddaughter, who was not even recognized by his third son, stood out.

There were three mountains that I had to climb to compete with them.

It was the third son, half-hearted, daughter who had no power.

So from now on, I have to appeal to my grandfather my talent as a leader.

I had to solidify my position and win my grandfather's absolute support.

'But you don't have to rely on your inner strength just because it's your family's job.’

It should be done by all means.

So what I came up with was the second prince.

A man who will consolidate my position in the family outside the family.

It is the second prince who can give me strength even after becoming a leader.

Of course, I will also help him a lot until he becomes the Crown Prince.

Then the future emperor will not reject Lombardy, who has built trust since he was a child and has greatly helped him become the Crown Prince.

We can be good friends.

'Oh, come to think of it, around this time of year.’

I looked out the window where it started to rain.

The second prince, Perez's mother, dies on a rainy day this year.

Despite giving birth to the emperor's son, I was told that she died without proper treatment due to pressure from the empress.

Peres, who became the Crown Prince and returned the favor to the Empress on her sickbed.

The order was issued to prevent lawmakers from entering the imperial palace.

Astana, the first emperor who was already in power instead of the emperor who wandered through the dead, was driven out to the periphery, so there was no one to stop him.

How much did he grit his teeth from being the prince in the back room to being the crown prince?

It couldn't be done without being spiteful.

Perhaps Peres, who lost her mother by now, is spending his days alone.

I want to go and comfort myself, but I can't go out.

It was a discipline made by my grandfather.

Lombardy's children are not allowed to leave their homes until their 11th birthday.

However, limited access was possible with the permission of the patriarch, to prevent crimes targeting the descendants of young Lombardy.

'So just hang in there.'

I didn't mean to leave my hands intact until I turned 11.

But now it was time to concentrate on the internal work of the family.

Making a chance to go to the palace is the next thing.

After organizing my thoughts, I tried to go back to my memory by turning over a book again.

What happened to Lombardy around this time?’

If you take charge of the family's affairs for several years, you will learn the history of the family even if you don't like it.

In my case, I studied harder because I wanted to.

It was when I turned eight.

I'm sure something big happened to Lombardy.

It was then.

I heard a strangely familiar voice with a low knock on my ear, wrapped in my head.

"Mr. Gallahan, are you there?"

Where did I hear this voice?

"Who is it?"

With his head tilted, his father opened the drawing room door.

And I was shocked by the face I saw over the open door.

After my grandfather passed away from the top of Lombardy, he left the family alone and created the Pellet Company, which developed into the top five of the Lambrew Empire in just two years!

Clarivan Pellet was stepping into our drawing room.
    Why is he here?

He looked much younger than I knew, but that was clearly Clarivan Pellet.

He is tall and straight as if he had a cast on his waist, and his eyes with raised ends.

Few people can maintain such a haughty attitude in Lombardy.

"What brings you here, Clarivan?”

My father was scratching his head, too.

Clarivan Pellet was a very capable but very busy man, overseeing the top of Lombardy.

At least he did in the future I know.

To what extent was he busy, it was one of the two times that I saw Clarivan's face properly while I was working next to my grandfather.

Most of the reports as the top general were replaced in writing.

"May I come in?"

"Sure. Come on in."

My father still had a puzzled look on his face and led Clarivan to the center of the drawing room, and I quickly pretended to read.

I don't know why.

I thought I should just do that.

He fixed his eyes somewhere on the characters that filled the bookshelf tightly, and instead stood his ears up.

Mindful of me, Clarivan, who glanced at me once, sat across from my father.

"What's the matter? Maybe my father told you in a hurry...….”

"It's not like that."

"Then…."

Even though he was an employee of the same family, his father's attitude was very different from when he treated Dr. O'Malley.

That alone gave me a rough idea of the location of the Clarivan in the current family.

It was clear that at least he’s not a person the son of the patriarch could treat recklessly.

Why would such a man visit his father?

"Today's call lies not with Lord Gallahan, but with Lady Firentia."

Huh? Me?

It took all the patience in me not to look at you.

"Firentia... You're here to see her?"

"Yes, I am."

I could feel the eyes of my father and Clarivan.

No wonder my forehead was stinging, but I turned over a page as if I were still reading.

"Then it's about class.”

Class? What class?

Unlike me, who is still confused, my father nodded.

"It's not confirmed yet. I'm here today to talk to you for a while."

"Well, I see.”

Apart from understanding why Clarivan came today, my father seemed quite embarrassed, coughing a couple of times in vain and calling me.

"Tia, come here."

"Yes."

Like a child reading a book all the time, I approached with a face that I didn't know anything about.

And I thought about where to sit for a while and sat on my father's lap.

I'm seven years old now.

A real seven-year-old child would try to stay close to his father as much as possible in a space where there are strangers.

My father lifted me up and put me on his lap as expected.

And there was a moment of silence.

To be exact, I and Clarivan said nothing while facing each other.

He came to talk to me. I just stared at Clarivan, who didn't say anything.

It was because I, who was seven years old, was not aware of whether I had met him or not before, so I couldn't say hello first.

"…………"

After a while, he looked at me with his cold eyes and murmured an unexpected word, and bowed his head slightly while sitting.

"Never seen you, Firentia. I’m Clarivan Pellet."

That's a relief. We've never met before.

I bent down with a sigh of relief inside.

"Hello, I'm Firentia Lombardy."

His body was reeling as I had bowed my head too much to greet the influential figure of my future family as politely as possible.

As expected, the body of a child with a big head is very uncomfortable.

"Mr. Gallahan, may I speak with you for a moment?"

Form is a question, but it wasn't really asking for my father's consent.

In short, he said, "Go out."

"Tia. Clarivan says he has a few questions for you.
    Dad will be in the room for a while, so you have to answer politely. Okay?”

My father kindly patted me on the head and explained it to me.

"……yes."

I expected it to some extent, but I'm a little nervous that I have to talk to Clarivan alone.

It's also very burdensome to look at me like he’s dissecting off my head, chest, and stomach.

I felt as if I were on the experimental table.

When the door to his father's room closed, Clarivan stood up and brought something from over there.

It was a book I was reading a while ago called "People in the South."

"Do you know what I do in Lombardy?"

I wouldn't be this nervous if I knew that.

What kind of job did he take as a young man?

I shook my head quickly.

"I am teaching young successors of families who will lead Lombardy in the future."

Oh! Class!

Finally, I understood the conversation my father and Clarivan had.

I have also been taught by an education officer for a while since I was nine years old.

But the teacher back then wasn't Clarivan.

Did he move to another position before that?

Anyway, what Clarivan calls a "class" was the first official evaluation of Lombardy's children as a kind of successor class.

According to the education officer's plan, the children of the family are gathered and taught together.

At first glance, it may sound like a light home education, but it wasn't at all.

Rather, there were many cruel aspects.

First, there was no fixed age for the class.

Regardless of how old they were, only children who were deemed ready to follow the class were eligible to attend.

The level of children is revealed according to the age at which they naturally begin to take classes.

Secondly, the age has not been set even when quitting class.

It was just one day that you are told, "You don't have to come to class anymore."

That was my case in the past.

Of course, I was disqualified from attending classes anymore, not graduating.

And finally, the evaluations made during each class are reported to the grandfather.

In short, it meant that the current Clarivan Pellet was like a direct line that could connect me and my grandfather.

And that he came here separately....

'Grandfather sent you.'

I barely suppressed the laughter that seemed to burst out because I remembered the face of my grandfather, who was shining his eyes at me.

When I was staring at myself without any particular response, Clarivan, who frowned slightly to see if he didn't like something, asked, putting the book down in front of me.

"I heard you're reading this book."

"Yes, I've been reading since yesterday."

"Is that so? Then what is it about?"

I think he’s testing if I can really read this book.

I'm glad I read it in advance last night.

I answered after pretending to think for a moment.

"I've only read a little, but there are some fascinating people who live in the woods south of the Empire. It's a book that tells stories about them."

After hearing my story, Clarivan seemed a little embarrassed.

You probably thought I carried a book around like a toy.

I understand.

Of course, it was suspicious that a seven-year-old who should read a fairy tale book or a book that would make adults bored.

I looked at Clarivan with a smile in the pose of 'Ask Anything'.

"What is the name of the author who wrote this book?”

"It says "Rophilly" on its cover.”

"What was chapter one about?"

"Someone called Rophilly was telling how they heard rumors about the southerners."

"Hmm…."

It was Clarivan who was rather speechless to my unblocked answer.

I asked with an innocent look that I didn't know anything while I was giggling inside because the appearance was savory.

"Are you here because you want to read this book? Do you want me to lend it?

He said, handing Clarivan a thick book with a green cover.

"I'm curious about the background, but I can read it later."

"Hmm. It's not like that. I've already read it, so you can keep reading it."

"Oh, thank God!"

I held the book in my arms as if I were really happy and laughed.

It's fun to tease that cold human eyes are shaking wildly.

He was flustered for a moment.

Clarivan, who came back with a blunt face, asked me another question.

"There are three rumors that Rophilly has heard. He is…."

"Wait a minute, Mr. Clarivan."

"……What's wrong?"

"You're wrong."

I rolled up my mouth and laughed.

"Rophilly isn't him. It's her."

"What?"

"If you look at the front cover, it's out there.

Her full name is Ava's Rophilly. She's a female scholar."

"Well, what the hell is that...….”

Frustrated, Clarivan opens the book and reads the preface urgently.

Oh, it's fun.

I added one more word to Clarivan, who couldn't hide his embarrassment.

"I heard you already read it. You must have read it roughly."

His shoulders flinch and his ears turn red.

I had to bite the inside of my cheek so I wouldn't burst into laughter.

Clarivan, who covered the book to make a sound, looked at me with a relaxed expression and said frighteningly.

"It's hard to keep up with the class at first."

"I’ll learn a lot of new things!"

I nodded and said brightly as if I were welcoming.

"We don't give you special treatment because you're young. You will be taking classes with your cousins who are older than you."

"It sounds like fun!"

The moon looks brighter when the night sky is dark.

I'd look smarter next to them!

Clarivan, who sighed softly while looking at me hanging my short legs excitedly, said as if he had given up.

"……and it's not you. Call me teacher."

I've finally gotten my permission!

I quickly answered loudly before Clarivan changed his mind.

"Yes, sir!"

I can't believe I'm taking a class at the age of seven!

Perhaps the fastest in Lombardy's history?

How will Clarivan report what happened today to Grandpa?

The imagination made me feel better, so I smiled at Clarivan.
    The Head’s order was to have Firentia take part in class.

However, there was too much doubt in his own mind to follow orders immediately without checking for himself.

A seven-year-old child that reads such a book.

Is he going to be a hedgehog mother in front of his granddaughter?

Clarivan thought, knocking on the door of the room Gallahan and Firentia were using.

As he stepped inside, greeted by surprised Gallahan, he could find Firentia reading a book on one side of the parlor.

The child was reading "People in the South" with a green cover, apparently.

'You can't really be reading.’

Clarivan didn't believe Rulac from the beginning.

I didn't intend to risk ruining the atmosphere of the class that I tried to set by bringing in one more seven-year-old child who knew nothing.

Today, I was going to convince the Head that Firentia was just looking at the book like a picture book.

"Tia, come here."

At Gallahan's call, Firentia walked with the book covered.

She was an impressive child with curly brown hair tied with a ribbon and a milky cheeks unique to a child.

Apart from that, however, Firentia still looked too young.

It was especially so when she sat on her father's lap.

But there's only one thing.

There was something that shook Clarivan's heart, which was full of conviction.

It was a gun full of bright green eyes that resembled her father, Gallahan.

How many seven-year-old children face each other with a smile without avoiding the eyes of a strange adult looking at them intentionally?

"…………"

When Head saw the child, he’s right to say that she inherited his blood thickly.

Apparently, Firentia was closer to the character of her grandfather, Rulac, than her father, Gallahan.

But still a child.

It was a completely different story from the hypothesis that at the age of seven, he had a genius brain to read and understand professional books, even if he could be bold and bold in the future.

However, Clarivan's idea was shattered when he began to talk to Firentia.

"I've only read a little, but there are some fascinating people who live in the woods south of the Empire. It's a book that tells stories about them."

Surprisingly, the child had an accurate grasp of the contents of the book.

This much may be heard from someone.

Clarivan thought so and tried not to be agitated.

"What is the name of the author who wrote this book?”

"It says "Rophilly" on its cover.”

"What was chapter one about?"

"Someone called Rophilly was telling how they heard rumors about the southerners."

"Hmm…."

However, despite continuing questions, Firentia was able to answer them without hesitation, and there was nothing more to say.

Does this child really understand everything and read it?

Clarivan's confusion didn't end there.

"Rophilly isn't him. It's her."

"What?"

"If you look at the front cover, it's out there.

Her full name is Ava's Rophilly. She's a female scholar."

He couldn’t believe that Firentia pointed out the wrong part.

Although he read the book "People in the South" a long time ago, it was a mistake that he didn’t know the author and speaker Rophilly was a woman.

The result was that he thought it would be a man who published such a famous research book.

Clarivan, who realized his mistake in front of the eyes of the plump Firentia, blushed with shame.

"I heard you already read it. You must have read it roughly."

In the end, I was even teased by a child.

At the moment she thought it was very familiar to see her smiling with only her lips smiling, Clarivan frowned.

This kid really looks like the Head.

Even his smiling face that turns his mind upside down.

"Be sure to attend the class from the sixth day of next week."

But out of Gallahan's room, Clarivan was smiling.

"I was wondering if I should change my job as the education officer. Let's do a little more."

That child would have a little taste for teaching.

After a long time, Clarivan quickly returned to his office to prepare for the class.

"Since it's been a while since the sun has risen, shall we go on a picnic in the garden?"

My father, who was spending a leisurely afternoon, made a sudden suggestion.

"Let's pack a lot of Tia's favorite cakes and cookies and get some sun.

Oh, you'd better stop by Dr. O'Malley before that."

Aha.

I could see my father's intention at a glance.

He thinks I won't like going to the hospital, so he’s trying to entice me into a picnic full of delicious things.

It's already been a week since Dr. O'Malley told us.

I nodded, thinking that time passed very quickly.

My father smiled broadly and moved quickly before I changed my mind.

Seeing that the picnic basket was already prepared, it seemed to be planned in advance.

He has a really cute side.

I took my father's hand and headed to Dr. O'Malley's hospital.

Dr. O'Malley and another person were inside the burrowing and opening clinic.

"Huh?"

The blonde woman, nodding her head as if she was being instructed by the doctor, appeared to be in her early twenties.

"You're here."

While Dr. O'Malley greeted me, my eyes did not fall off her.

When my father, who noticed my gaze, asked who she was, the woman answered in a thin voice that she was surprised.

"Oh, Dr. O'Malley's disciple, Estira."

You don't look that timid.

He seemed surprised by the sudden situation in which Head's son addressed her.

"Now, let me see your wrist."

Dr. O'Malley approached me smiling.

However, I turned to my father's arms and avoided the doctor's touch.

"Tia?"

"Haha, you must be shy all of a sudden."

My father seemed to be embarrassed by my unexpected behavior.

"What's wrong with our Tia? Are you scared?”

I shook my head and said.

"That sister..."

"Hmm? Say that again, Tia."

"Please do it for me."

I mean, I embarrassed all three people.

It was Dr. O'Malley who broke the awkward silence that had been flowing for a while.

"She seems to like Estira. Then let's go with Estira's treatment today."

"Still…."

"Estira is one of the best students in my class, so don't worry. I'll be with you. Is that all right, Miss Firentia?"

I nodded and approached Estira and stuck out my sore wrist.

"Oh…. Well, wait a minute.….”

As if embarrassed, Estira, red-faced, carefully unpacked the bandage around my wrist.

I can see how nervous she was, her fingertips shaking.

I was sorry for making the situation like this, so I spoke first to call attention.

"Is your name Estira?"

"Yes, I am."

"My name is Firentia, and my father's name is Gallahan."

"Huh, is that so…….”

She works in Lombardy, so of course she knows our names.

However, it is not bad to introduce yourself again.

So that Estira can remember us more clearly.

"What do you learn from the doctor?"

"I'm learning herbal medicine."

"Huh. So you're trying to be a doctor, too?”

"Yes, it's a long way off.”

Perhaps because I chatted little by little, Estira seemed to be more relaxed.

"The swelling has subsided a lot, so I think you can change your medicine, sir."

"Hmm. I see. Go get the sacrosanct extract."

I frowned at Dr. O'Malley's words.

I wasn't worried about using a good medicine, but I was very worried about the taste.

Of course.

The light green liquid Estira brought looked very bitter at a glance.

"Eat this, Tia."

As if his father had waited, he held out the cookies in the picnic basket.

I tucked my hand in and took out three large cookies and held them in one hand.

It's going to be cold.

I swallowed bitter medicine so that my whole body trembled at once and quickly put the cookies in my mouth.

Then one of the remaining two cookies was served to Dr. O'Malley.

"Oh, thank you. Miss!"

The doctor was very pleased and took the cookies into his mouth.

And the other one.

"Eat."

Estira's eyes grew big on the cookies that popped out in front of her.

"Well, I'm....”

"Because you treated me. It's delicious."

After a moment of hesitation, Estira finally received the cookies with her hands.

"Now, shall we go?"

My father hugged me and said energetically.

"Good-bye."

Hugged by my father, I greeted Dr. O'Malley.

I could see Estira looking down at the cookies I gave her with a distant view.

"Bye, sister!"

Surprised when I shouted, she bent down at me.

I kept waving my hand.

Next time, I'll just pick it up and ask Estira to come over.

You have to keep watching and get close.

"Hmnn."

As I was facing the cool wind with my arm around the window, I hummed out.

"You look happy today. Are you excited about the first class tomorrow?”

Well, there's something like that.

When I smiled at my father, he smiled after me.

Soon after, he went back to what he was doing and made fun of his hands to draw something.

I looked out the window again.

The rain that continued until yesterday cleared the sky as if it were a lie.

The air felt cleaner, too.

I drank in the wind as if I were going to drink it all.

And at the end of the long breath, a wagon with a top flag was seen entering the mansion.

I mumbled softly, rolling up the corners of my mouth.

"Here it is."

if anyone wants to help me edit, dm me and i’ll edit the post :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    Yur_, Belle76, Allyzaaajoy and 39 others like this.
  14. ChiiCometsWantsNovels

ChiiCometsWantsNovels Member

Reading List:
    Link

I actually made an account just to say my thanks to you. I found an epub of TWTPTFLOB (Roxana for clue) with your name on it as translate provider. I just want to say thank you. And I really hope you found Alex na. Asking you to be my friend is pretty yabai tho. Again, thank you so much for your spoilers. (。♡‿♡。)

Diaryy, Ggukiieee and Boopbup like this.
  15. Fishyla

Fishyla Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Continuation~

While Firentia was happily looking out the window, Clarivan was in Rulac's office.

In addition to the job as the successor education officer, as someone taking care of the finances in the mansion he also had a lot to report to the owner of the house.

"………That's all I'm going to tell you today."

"Good job. Let's just sit down and get the tea."

"Well, I won't."

When Rulac pulled the small bell, a servant waiting outside brought his tea in.

The sweet smell of the finest Lombardy’s tea leaves made the Head's office smells pleasant.

"So, what do you think?”

Although the words were cut off, the relationship between Rulac and Clarivan was enough to understand the meaning.

"……I could understand what the Lord said."

"You're as critical as always.”

However, as stingy as he was, Rulac smiled a few times because he knew Clarivan, who was more strict to himself.

"Not long ago, I thought she was just a normal seven-year-old.
    It's amazing."

"Otherwise, I was going to ask you about that."

Clarivan put down the teacup and said,

"So far, I've called in Gallahan and the servants who take care of Lady Firentia, and no one knew about her intelligence."

"As expected.”

"When I told him that Lady Firentia qualified for class, he was also very surprised.”

"Hmm…."

Rulac rubbed his well-organized beard.

It was a habit that came out unconsciously whenever he thought deeply.

Clarivan, who was watching the scene, carefully put on his cup.

"Maybe Lady Firentia was hiding her abilities."

"Hide her ability…?"

"It's just one hypothesis...….”

"Explain.”

Like the color of an old giant tree, Rulac’s brown eyes, which became much thicker with time, contained the power to make the face-to-face bow to the temple.

Following the look of the Head, Clarivan's face became serious.

"She is a very bright lady. She must have seen things that ordinary children would never see because she’s that kind of person. For example, the status of her father, Galahan, inside Lombardy."

"That's possible.”

The atmosphere of Rulac became even heavier.

He led the Lombardy family more successfully than anyone else, but he did not do as well as in growing his children.

No, it was by far the most difficult thing in Rulac Lombardy's life.

One was too much, one was thoughtless, and the other was weak.

Shanannet, the eldest and only daughter, was the most appropriate, but as long as she married someone outside her family, her assets were at risk of flowing out.

To Rulac, who was concerned about it, his son-in-law, Vestian Schulz, came as Lombardy’s son-in-law and made his two sons follow Lombardy's castle, but it was obvious that he was only looking for a chance to Hoshi Tam.

Even now, it has been more than once that Lombardy's small business rights have been taken to Shulz, which is not even qualified.

Rulac, who shook his head with a gloomy face, lamented with a sigh.

"If only Gallahan had been a little bolder...….”

However, the principle was not to intervene in the succession battle.

He’s just watching it so it doesn't go to extremes.

"Is it a good thing that Firentia doesn't resemble her father?"

The stuffy heart, which seemed to be clogged, became clear and cool when I recalled Firentia.

"Hmn, Lady Firentia's brilliant mind could be attributed to Galahan's proper parenting. The environment is important."

"But it's too bad, it's too bad...Well, it's true that Gallahan's position was so weak that Firentia had to hide her abilities.”

"Don't we have much time left? Don't be so impatient."

Rulac nodded heavily at the words of Clarivan.

"Let's see for now. I'll report directly to you after every class."

Clarivan took another sip of tea and answered instead.

knock, knock

It was then that the knock was heard.

It was Vieze who showed up with Rulac's permission to come in.

"Father, the people from the Dulac company are here."

"Then I'll get up now."

As soon as Vieze stepped into the office, Clarivan greeted Rulac and said.

Only then did Vieze realize the existence of Clarivan, frowned, expressing his displeasure.

"You are here, too.”

"Long time no see, Vieze."

The relationship between the two could not be good because of Clarivan who said the right things to Vieze’s face even though he was the employee of the Head.

"My father needs to meet someone important, so get out of the way...….”

"No. Let's sit down for a while, Clarivan."

"Father!"

Vieze expressed his dissatisfaction, but Rulac did not budge.

Being forced to follow the orders of the patriarch, Clarivan shrugged and sat down again.

"Tell the man from the Dulac company to come in."

"……yes."

He didn't like the situation, but Vieze moved smoothly while staring at Clarivan.

Soon after, a middle-aged man in colorful clothes who was waiting outside came in and greeted Rulac politely.

"I've never seen you before. Croiten Angenas of Durac Company."

Angenas.

Clarivan's forehead was wrinkled by the familiar family name.

Angenas was the family of Seral, the wife of Vieze, and the current empress.

Clarivan crossed his arms quietly.

"Rulac Lombardy. Let's sit down and talk.”

Even in the short time Croiten sat down, Vieze couldn't hide his excited face and his hips moved up and down.

"I've heard from my eldest son, but will Owner talk about the plan again?"

Croiten cleared his throat at Rulac's words.

The explanation was lengthy.

After a long and long story, Clarivan asked to get to the point.

"So you’re going to take textile from the east, process it, and sell it, but the Dulac company can't afford that long-distance transportation, so you want to ask Lombardy to take care of it?”

"Yes, I am."

"Also, the payment for the textile must be made by borrowing from Lombardy Bank.”

"Yes, I'd appreciate it.”

"Ha…."

What nonsense is this?

Clarivan rubbed his bloody forehead and shot Vieze across of him.

"Ahem"

Rulac was rubbing his beard as if he wasn't comfortable.

"Isn't that a very good way, Father?"

Clarivan felt like he was going to burst at the stupid Vieze's words.

It was clear that he didn't even know what the problem was now.

"I'd like a large sum, please."

In addition, Angenas's troublemaker, who may or may not be the Empress' cousin Orabi, was confident as if he was looking for the money I had entrusted.

Ha-ha-ha, they might think it's everything from their point of view.

It is Angenas, the maternal family of the first prince Astana.

The imperial family, and perhaps the empress, were involved.

Only the shell was of Dulac company, and if the project, which eventually rolls with Lombardy's money, was to say otherwise, Lombardy had to bear the failure.

If they didn't intend to completely pretend with the imperial family, they couldn't punish the Angenas as if they were chasing a debtor, and they knocked on Lombardy's door because they knew it.

I didn't know what kind of headwind every word would be later.

The only person that didn't know about this was Vieze who was smiling right now.

Rulac must know how ridiculous this is.

Clarivan tried to calm his anger.

It was because he believed that the Head would reject it moderately well.

"……I will leave this to you, Vieze. Go ahead without making a mistake."

"Lord!"

Surprised, Clarivan shouted, but Rulac did not reopen his tightly closed mouth.

"Yes! Trust me, Father!"

Vieze seemed to want to run away with the Dulac owner before they changed their words.

Clarivan, who had been looking at Rulac and Vieze alternately, jumped up from his seat and said firmly.

"Let's look at the goods and talk for now."

It was Vieze who was embarrassed by the sudden intervention.

He was so happy that it's done. What a surprise.

The Dulac company was the golden Dong-A line that would allow Vieze to get closer to central power.

Currently, the family of Angenas is experiencing some financial difficulties, and as long as the textile industry solves them, the royal family owes them a lot of money.

However, when I looked at my father's complexion, who didn't know how I felt, I was shaking my head.

Vieze shouted at the Clarivan who was spraying ashes on the rice.

"You’re just in charge of cleaning up after the kids and now you’re cutting in!"

However, Clarivan ignored Vieze and only looked at Rulac.

"………that's not too much of a request. What do you say, Owner?"

Croiten, who had been rolling his eyes for a moment, nodded reluctantly.

"I'll do that. There's a pile of fabric I've already brought, so I'll bring it back."

Vieze's face turned red on his crumpled face in front of Dulac's owner.

And he couldn't raise my head as if he had done something wrong.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I'm ashamed."

That jerk!

Clarivan was heartbroken to hold back what he wanted to scream so much.

It's like begging for a visitor who comes to borrow Lombardy's hands and money.

Even the dumbest dog knew to whom it should show its belly.

He wanted to ask whether he was really Rulac’s son of his late wife.

Clarivan watched Rulac, who saw his eldest son with unknown eyes, and eventually shook his head.

"Is this the right place?"

I was standing in front of a big door.

I had lived in Lombardy for more than 20 years, but it was a room I had never entered.

When I took the class, I used the laboratory of the education officer in the northern annex, not the place close to the house of the housekeeper.

"This is the right place, I guess."

I shrugged my shoulders and pushed the big door.

The door opened smoothly without any noise and could see the inside.

"Huh?"

I thought of a typical classroom with desks and chairs.

That's what the environment was like when I took the class.

However, the way I came inside was completely different from the typical classroom.

The large space was filled with warm sunlight, and the carpet felt under my feet was soft enough to lie down right away.

Large and small sofas, which looked comfortable at a glance, were located here and there, and instruments and cute dolls were placed in places in between.

The only items that could be seen at the corner of the classroom were large blackboards and books that filled one wall.

And there were small people who naturally took control of such spaces as if they were theirs.

Everyone was looking at me, seems they heard me coming in, but they were all different.

Bellezac, lying on the widest sofa, opened his mouth in shock.

Lara, Bellezac's sister, was reading a book with a big doll on one side.

And Aunt Shanannet's twin sons, Gilliu and Mayron, sitting by the sunny window and looking at me with gloomy faces.

They were Lombardy's bloodline, my cousins.
    "What? What are you doing here?"

Bellezac jumped up from his lying down position and shouted.

His voice is loud.

It seems quite surprising, but I don't intend to answer it.

"……Firentia?"

I could hear a voice so small that I would have missed it, if the room wasn’t quiet

It was Larane who was looking at me with her head sticking out near Bellezac.

"Oh…."

I was embarrassed and paused without realizing it.

It's been so long since I saw Larane.

Lara was such a delicate and delicate flower that I wondered if she came from the same gene as Bellezac.

As soon as she reached adulthood, she married a man with a wide age gap due to the empress's arrangement.

People said it was a successful marriage business.

Although the aristocrat is old, he was a hero who fought bravely in the war, and soon he will inherit his father's title, so other than that he is Lombardy's blood, the ordinary Larane has luck.

No one knew.

How quickly would a flower that fell alone on her husband's estate far away from Lombardy, which is right next to the emperor's direct assignment, wither?

Later, it turned out that the husband was not attached to his family enough to take care of his young wife, and under the pretext of it, he ignored and left her to his servants.

When Larane asked for help from his parents, Vieze had already started a business with his son-in-law.

The only answer from the parents she trusted was to say, "You should you do better."

So Larane dried up and soon returned to the soil.

At such a young age.

Larane, who cried after the wedding, saying she didn't want to leave Lombardy, was the last thing I saw.

"Are you taking classes now, too?”

She is five years older than me, but she was still holding a big doll in his arms, which was inline with the young spirit of a noble family who grew up seeing only beautiful things.

"Yes, I'm here to take a class from today on."

I nodded and answered Larane's question.

Bellezac gasped, seemingly angry at me answering Lara and ignoring his questions.

"Lie!"

He came up and acted as if he would do something about me right away, but all he does in the end is bark at a distance.

"Lie! You're not the kind of person who takes classes?"

This made it clear.

The Bellezac hasn't hit yet.

How many times do I have to step up to learn bad things from adults?

"What is it like to be me?"

I asked provokingly on purposely.

"You're a lowlife...….”

"Shall I tell my grandfather?"

When the word "grandfather" came out, Bellezac joined up and shut up.

"Last time, grandfather scolded you not to call me vulgarly again. Are you breaking that?”

I heard it from my father.

My grandfather called Bellezac separately and scolded him.

"Bellezac."

With a smile on my face, I purposely approached Bellezac.

"There are so many books here. Right?

Bellezac seemed terrified when he saw the books all over the place.

Yeah, it becomes a weapon when it's all in my hands, you dog.

I hit a decisive blow to Bellezac, who was struggling.

"Shall I go now and tell grandfather?"

"Hey, Mr. Lee...".”

The one who was frowning as he stepped back falteringly turned around and went back to where he was lying with a stomp.

Oh, of course, he didn't forget to kick an innocent doll nearby because he couldn't beat me.

Yeah, where's his personality going?

Still, I sighed quietly, saying, "It's a relief that I defeated the dog that was trying to run, but I could feel the intense gaze on the side of my face burning."

It was Gilliu and Mayron sitting side by side by side by the window.

The two were 11 years old this year, the sons of Aunt Shanannet, the oldest of her father's siblings.

"…." Why do you look at me like that?

I was flustered.

In fact, among my cousins, I knew these two the least.

They are identical twins who look equally pretty and are always in their own world, so they are not interested in their surroundings at all.

If my cousins except Larane ignored me, they were completely indifferent.

It's the degree of indifference that you see me being bullied and crying, but you just pass by me without any change in expression.

In addition, there has been no interaction since Shanannet divorced and the two men followed their father to the Schulz family.

They no longer used Lombardy's last name ever since and became Gilliu Schulz and Mayron Schulz.

They seemed to be quite famous in the social world for their good looks and early knighthood, but it was a different story for me, who was busy working.

"Firentia."

The two spoke at the same time as if they had worked together in advance.

"I heard you hit Bellezac."

"And they said you won?"

But something's not right.

Gilliu and Mayron, who always had a sulky face, seemed to be lively.

In addition, the two were smiling faintly.

What are they doing? I'm scared.

I sat on a large sofa across from Bellezac, near the window, calling for a strategic retreat.

I liked that most of the rooms were low chairs that I didn't have to climb, probably because I was a child.

At that time, Gilliu tapped the window sill and said to me.

"Come here and sit down."

"What?"

"Let's sit down together."

Mayron answered.

The sunlight from outside shone brighter in the gold hair of the two.

I looked back at them for a moment and said.

"If you want to sit with me, you two come this way."

The golden eyes of the two were seen to be rounded at the same time.

"Don't ask me to come."

I said so and flipped my head again.

They’re not being mean to me, but it was because I felt bad because it’s like they were trying to order me around with a word.

Lombardy's children have strong self-esteem.

So Gilliu and Mayron will soon be as angry as Bellezac...….

Flap.

The sofa I was sitting on shook small.

"What, what?"

Before I knew it, the two of them came this way and sat down as I said.

On both sides of me.

"You told me you wanted us to come here if we wanted to sit with Firentia?"

"So we’re here, Tia."

"Yes, yes. Let's call her Tia."

"Okay, let's do it."

They exchanged funny stories with a smile.

I don't know, their mental world.

I shrugged my shoulders.

You want to sit together, but you can't ask me to sit anywhere else.

It was when I gave up halfway.

The door opened and Clarivan came in.

"You're all here. Let's start the class."

Huh? Just like this?

I looked around in embarrassment.

However, everyone seems to be normal except for me.

But no books, no parish.

At that time, paper and writing instruments placed on one side of the room caught my eye.

Does that mean you can use it if you need it?

However, the other cousins were just staring blankly at Clarivan.

Let's get a sense of it first.

I hugged the cushion and looked at Clarivan in front of the blackboard.

"From now on, we will learn about commerce, one of the important businesses of the Lombardy family."

Oh, commercial. Interesting.

So the class started in earnest.

And I was embarrassed.

"……Commercial is…….”

Behind Clarivan's quiet voice was the sound of background music.

"Krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..." Uh-huh…."

It was the snoring of Bellezac spread on the sofa.

It's not that loud, but there's no way Clarivan didn't hear it.

I thought he’d wake him up, but he’s continuing the class as if he hadn't seen it.

At that moment, I felt a little goosebumps.

A teacher who scolds and forcefully teaches is rather a friendly teacher.

Clarivan had no intention of forcing a guy who wasn't so focused on class in the first place.

Let him sleep without waking him up.

But it will go up in the post-class report.

I felt Mayron sitting next to me lost interest in class and opened the book next to me.

At that time, Clarivan was seen giving a short glance towards it.

Everyone is watching.

I quickly adjusted my posture.

I started to show that here I'm listening to you with my whole body.

Open my eyes wide, sometimes nodding.

At first, it was acting, but later I concentrated on the class without realizing it.

It may be a boring lecture for children, but it was an interesting class where you could feel that Clarivan was well versed in commerce.

"Well, that's enough for today's class."

As I forgot the time went by and focused, it ended before I knew it.

I was feeling a little disappointed, and Bellezac, who had fallen asleep, woke up with his eyes open and drooling.

He sounds like a ghost when he hears that the class is over.

"I have a special homework today."

"Homework?"

Larane, who was just getting up with a doll, was surprised and asked back.

As if homework were not common, not only Bellezac but also the twins seemed surprised.

"The deadline is until the next class. Homework is…."

Clarivan, who was smiling strangely, brings something from behind the blackboard.

Thump.

When he put it down on the floor, a pretty heavy sound rang the ground.

"Tree?"

What Clarivan took out was a thick log with its top and bottom cut off.

Originally, it was a pretty big tree, but when it was built with only an adult's arms around it, it was literally a log that came up to Clarivan's knee.

"It is a violet tree that grows quickly, is hard, and is lighter than that, so it is widely used on the continent."

"What do you want us to do with it?”

Bellezac asked bluntly.

However, it wasn't just Bellezac who was surprised by Clarivan's unexpected behavior.

Neither Larane nor the twins were looking at the logs in front of them.

Maybe my expression isn't that different.

Clarivan, who looked over us like that, smiled strangely and spoke in a very refreshing way.

"You can sell it until the next class."
    Would it be my mistake if Clarivan's expression looked very pleasant?

There was a pause in the classroom.

All the children, including myself, were busy alternating between the trees in front and the Clarivan, blinking their eyes.

"You want me to sell it?"

The first thing that broke the silence was Bellezac.

The one who was sitting on the bed all class, frowned and asked.

"Yes, I am. The task is to sell this log and get the money."

Whether or not Bellezac does it. Clarivan's smiling face hasn't changed.

"You can use any method to sell things. You can cut or split this tree, or burn it if you need it."

In other words, all you have to do is sell it by any means.

"Hmm…."

It was the same for me that I couldn't think of a sharp number.

As Clarivan said, that was just a log and there seemed to be no special trait.

It's a light beam for wood, but I'm sure I can't even lift it up and move it by myself.

Besides, trees like that are so common that they can be sold to anyone who needs firewood at best.

It was when I was thinking about what to do.

"However, you can't force a sale using your position. We must sell this tree only to those who need it."

"Haaah..."

I heard a little sigh right next to me on the last condition that Clarivan gave.

It was Mayron and Gilliu.

The two were sighing with their eyes down as if they were very disappointed.

What, what were you thinking?

When I was looking at them with very suspicious eyes, Larane, who was calmly listening to Clarivan, raised her hand carefully.

"Hey…."

"Yes, Lady Larane, go ahead."

"Holding it myself...Do I have to do it?"

She’s embarrassed to ask questions, her white face turned red.

"Don't worry about it. It's just a sample, and it's already delivered to your place."

"Oh, thank God."

Maybe she was worried if she should carry that heavy thing with her, but when Larane smiled when she heard the answer, a pretty dimple burst into her cheek.

"I don't like it."

I'm enjoying a lily-pretty Larane, and I hear a loud voice.

You don't have to look over there to find out who it is.

It was Bellezac’s voice.

"Why should I do such a thing?”

That guy doesn't even talk much. Of course.

His mouth is still smiling, but the laughter disappeared from Clarivan's eyes.

"What such thing, Mr. Bellezac?"

"That's how you sell things.

Why do I have to do what my subordinates do?”

"Why do you think that's something that only subordinates do?”

"My mother said. Dealing with money is a bad thing."

It was such a strong word that I smirked.

Seral, a native of Angenas, a second-generation family in the Lambru Empire, was indeed a "noble."

In fact, in the past, making direct money transactions and dwelling on money were considered as an act that was not aristocratic.

But that's all in the past.

The aristocracy was shocked by Lombardy, who started with commerce and took control of everything with the power of money.

Realizing the power of one or two assets, they were either putting up a hook with his dormant money or actively setting up the top and jumping into commerce.

That's why the family of Angenas, who had been holding out until the end, made the Dulac company and reached out to the textile market.

I remembered the Dulac who visited the mansion last time to seek Lombardy's help.

But the descendant of Angenas, Bellezac, says such a gentle voice.

"Then there's nothing we can do.”

Clarivan said as if he was sorry.

"I have no choice but to give you a failing grade on this assignment."

"Failing grade?"

Bellezac's face, which had been mumbling the word failed for a while, soon turned red.

"Why am I failing?"

"There's nothing we can do. This assignment is to sell the goods, and you're going to fail because you refuse to do it."

"Then you can change your assignment! The problem is that the assignment is a mess from the beginning!"

"Yes, sir, sir."

That was it.

Clarivan was neither angry nor trying to make Bellezac understand.

He just turned around and said to us except for Bellezac.

"You can have the money you sold the trees, and whoever earns the most money will get a prize, so please do your best."

Eventually, Bellezac, who was completely excluded, huffed and went out with a bang.

That didn't mean anyone cared.

I went a little closer and looked at the tree.

"Hmm."

I wondered if there was anything I was missing, but it was really an ordinary log.

Clarivan certainly said that any method is acceptable.

I squatted in front of a tree, poking at the rough shell and starting to roll my head furiously.

Blame it. What can I use it for?

It was obvious that even if I brought it and sold it, I wouldn't get a few bucks.

That means we have to process it.

The moment I thought so, I had a memory that flashed through my mind.

Oh, he was there.

Who will bring this rugged log back to art.

He was in Lombardy now.

The room I and my father use is literally more like an apartment than a "room."

There is only one entrance door, but it is accompanied by four rooms connected to the space used as a living room and reception room.

It seems to be very small compared to where my father's other brothers live, but it is a perfect size for us.

As long as my father doesn't mess up books all over the drawing room like today.

I was surprised by the mess in the living room when I came out of the room, but my father didn't see me because he was so absorbed in what he was doing.

I went to my father's side carefully not to step on the book lying on the floor, and I could see him drawing something hard.

"Daddy…?"

"Oh, Tia's out.”

My father raised his head when he heard my voice and smiled refreshingly.

"Are you busy?"

"No, I'm not busy."

My father said so and pushed what he had drawn away.

Even if it's a daughter, it could be a little annoying to interrupt his concentration.

My father hugged me rather tightly.

"I actually have a favor to ask of you."

"Oh, my Tia, please. I'll listen to anything."

"It's……. Draw a picture for me."

"Picture?"

Father tilted his head.

"Yes, what do you want me to draw for you? Flowers? Trees? Or cute animals?”

"Grandmother's face.”

"Grandmother's......face?"

I was quite embarrassed by what I asked for, but my father blinked without saying a word.

"Yes. I wonder what she was like."

She was my grandmother who died a few years before I was born.

I've seen a few of the portraits left behind, but that's all.

Perhaps he knows how I feel, but he brought back the sketchbook and flipped to a certain page while scratching his cheek.

"Well……. The last time I saw her was so long ago. I don't really remember."

Even though he said so, his father's hand moved quickly.

Without hesitation a few times, the graphite in his hand moved like dancing on a white piece of paper.

I quietly sat next to my father and appreciated him.

The parlor was filled with only the sound of a blind spot.

"……Oh, my God, she was."

"Wow!"

It was not a false cheer.

When I saw the finished picture, I was amazed without realizing it.

The grandmother whose father remembered was smiling kindly.

There were some light wrinkles around her eyes, and the tail down was similar to her father.

Although it was painted only with black lines, I could feel the affection for her son in those two eyes.

"My mother was such a sweet woman."

The end of his speech was overcast as if he missed her.

And he patted the end of the paper several times with his thumb, carefully ripped one off and gave it to me.

"But why did you suddenly ask me to paint your grandmother, Tia?"

"Well, I have someone to show."

"Who wants to see?"

My father seemed to want to ask more questions, but I rolled up the paper and came down from the chair in one hand.

"I'll hang out outside for a while. I'll be right back!"

"Huh? Outside?"

My father, who seemed to be embarrassed for a while, opened the door and shouted loudly at the back of my head.

"Be careful not to fall down!"

I won't fall, Father.

How old am I?

In fact, maybe my father has the ability to read the future.

Thud

"Ughhh” I was leaving the main building where we lived and heading for my destination excitedly, but my feet were tripped by a stone.

"Huh!"

I could have succeeded in squeezing out the maximum strength and balance a seven-year-old can produce and not falling on the ground with my other foot, but the pocket I had tied to my waist fell to the ground.

Oh, my snack bag.

I could see a piece of candy rolling out of a pocket that had not been folded well.

I rolled on the floor, but fortunately, there was not much soil.

I picked it up quickly and blew it away.

No one's watching, what's the matter?

After checking that there was no soil on the surface, I threw it into my mouth.

"Hic!"

What does this mean?

Looking to the side where the sound came from, two small heads go in far behind the wall.

They were familiar heads.

"Come on out."

I talked to you, but it's quiet without any answer.

"Gilliu, Mayron."

When I called their names, they came out of the room and were twins approaching.

But their facial expressions are weird.

Gilliu stared at me, and Mayron seemed to be restless somewhere.

"You ate what fell on the ground.”

"They said that what falls on the ground is to be thrown away."

Oh, I see.

"What, what, what's wrong?"

I was very embarrassed to be caught picking up candy from the ground, but I decided to go out confidently.

"You'll die, Tia."

"Let's go to Dr. O'Malley, Tia."

The twins tried to pull me by holding my arms one by one.

"People don't die from it."

Such a bother.

"Why are you two chasing me?”

I changed the subject before asking more questions.

"Well, that's....”

Fortunately, the twins suddenly became silent as if they were speechless.

"If you have nothing to say, I'm leaving. Bye."

I didn't have time to waste like this here.

I'm busy on my way.

When I turned around, Mayron said urgently.

"We're coming with you!"

"Where do you think I'm going?"

"I don't know, but it'll be fun!"

"Yes! Tia's fun!"

Are they fooling me now?

I had that thought for a moment, but I could know one thing for sure.

They're not the ones who won't follow me if I tell them not to.

"Then stay quiet so I don't mind. Because I'm busy."

"Okay!"

"I'll be quiet!"

It was quite cute to see the twins smiling and nodding their heads with the same similar face.

You've shown buds on your beauty since you were young.

And I started moving back to where I originally intended.

I said I would walk fast, but my legs were still so short that I couldn't get as fast as I wanted.

"But where are we going now?”

asked Gilliu, who was walking leisurely as if he had come out for a walk.

"Come on, I know."

Man, I'm tired.

Fortunately, the person I was looking for was not too far away.

Of the large Lombardy mansions, the outermost but most vibrant.

A small village with houses that are completely different from the main building we live in.

"Wow, wow! Where are we?"

"I didn't know there was a place like this in the mansion!"

The twins couldn't keep their mouths shut and looked around and said.

"This is the home of Lombardy's resident employees and their families."

I wiped the sweat off my chin and explained it in high spirits.

"Now we just have to ask and find.”

A genius sculptor who bloomed late at the age of 30.

An artist from Lombardy who later became a sculptor of the emperor.

Alfeo John, 16 years old now, is here somewhere.
    Alfeo began to gain fame when I just started working with my grandfather.

There were countless artists sponsored by Lombardy, but Alfeo was special.

It was late at the age of 30 that he began his full-fledged work.

Unlike other artists in Lombardy, who are usually excavated at an early age and nurtured as if they were growing plants in a greenhouse, Alfeo was originally a carpenter.

He was also a carpenter who worked in Lombardy for three generations after his grandfather and father, so his grandfather was very sad when he heard the news of Alfeo.

I wish I could have sponsored such talent earlier and created a good working environment.

But Alfeo didn't care about that.

On the contrary, he thanked Lombardy for supporting him even late and presented his first official work to the family.

The title of the work is 'World Figure'.

It was a huge-sized piece of wood that embodies Lombardy's pattern of world water.

It was a masterpiece in which several trees were carved separately and combined into one.

And Alfeo quickly became a renowned artist throughout the Empire.

"But how do I find him?"

It was a quiet residential area for employees because most people were working in the mansion in the middle of the day, but I was still at a loss.

Should I go door to door and ask him if he knows Alfeo?

"What is that?"

"It looks amazing!"

Oh, come to think of it, I forgot about them.

The twins were running around like children at the toy section, amazed at the first things they saw.

"Gilliu! Mayron! Don't run around like a log!"

I shouted, but the two of them pretended not to hear.

"Wow! Here's water!"

"I guess they're scooping it out with this bucket!"

"Let's scoop up the water!"

Oh, that's a little dangerous.

Gilliu and Mayron, who were wondering if it was their first time seeing a well, were installing it, saying they would take a bucket and scoop up water.

Although they were 11 years old and taller than me, but it was still a well made to match the height of an adult.

The magpie-footed and growling looked in danger.

"Hey! You guys, come down!"

Eventually, I rolled up the hem of the dress and ran to the two of them.

But my legs were short, and my twin's behavior was unnecessarily fast.

"Wow!"

Mayron's body, which was leaning to take out the bucket in the well, swung for a moment and tilted downward.

At this rate, Mayron falls into the well.

"No!"

I shouted loudly and reached out, but it was useless.

But then.

"What, you guys!"

A big hand came up and grabbed Mayron's backside and pulled him up.

Gilliu's torso was then lifted with his opposite hand.

"It's dangerous to play by the well!"

The low voice, which had passed puberty, shouted as if it were angry.

The twins, one by one on each side of a stranger, struggled to escape, but it was not easy.

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God! Why are you trying to crawl into the well?"

I shouted to the two, breathing hard until the end of my chin to run in surprise.

And I turned to the person who saved the twins.

I have to say thank you.

It was the moment when I saw the face of a teenager frowning as much as I was surprised by the dangerous situation.

"Huh? Huh!"

The face is familiar to my eyes.

Red hair with freckles full of nose and taller than others.

Sixteen-year-old Alfeo John was in front of me.

"Ahem!"

Let's calm down first. Calm down.

I coughed in vain to clear my excitement and spoke to Alfeo, a young man.

"Hey, why don't you put them down?"

Alfeo, who was looking down at me, soon put the twins down.

"Who are you? I've never seen you before."

Yeah, yeah, it's my first time.

I answered with a smile on my face.

"My name is Firentia, this is Gilliu, this is Mayron."

He kindly pointed out one by one and introduced it to me.

But instead of saying his name, Alfeo came out with frowned eyes and looked at the twins.

The name seemed familiar to him.

Then, when he saw our luxurious clothes, his eyes trembled.

"Come on, don't....”

It seemed that the three of us realized that Lombardy's immediate lineage.

You can't be distant from the beginning.

I smiled more brightly on purpose and said.

"Sorry for making a fuss...….”

"Sorry, miss! I'm sorry, lads! I-I-I-I-I don't know!"

"No, I'm not trying to get an apology...….”

I tried to deal with it belatedly, but Alfeo repeatedly took off his hat and apologized.

I don't think we are being this hard on our employees.

Seeing that his face turned red up to his neck, it seemed to be Alfeo's personality.

Indeed, Alfeo John, who was well over 30, was also a man of no shame and innocence, not like his age.

"No, these two are wrong."

"But…."

"By the way, what's your name?"

"My name is Alfeo."

As expected, he was right.

"Hey, Alfeo. I'm sorry, but can I get a bucket of water from the well?

At my request, Alfeo was a little embarrassed but silently pumped water.

"They're playing with that water. Don't do anything dangerous."

Play with a bucket of water.

It might sound strange.

However, as I said, the 11-year-old twins obediently sat squatting in front of the tree, splashing water and playing.

Now that the distraction is gone, let's get to the point.

"My father's name is Gallahan.

You know, right?

"Oh, yeah."

"So I have a favor to ask of you.”

It was a very strange connection of logic, but fortunately Alfeo didn't seem to have noticed.

"I heard from someone that Alfeo is good at sculpting?"

"Well, that's...It's just a piece of wood that sells children's toys. I'm not good at it...….”

"Wow, you're already making money out of pieces! You're an expert!"

Praise makes even a whale dance.

When I was making a fuss and oiling it, I could see Alfeo's face, which was very nervous, was loosened a lot.

"If you have a painting, can you carve a human face? I have a tree to use.”

When I measured it with my hands and showed it this size, Alfeo hesitated a little.

Is it still too much to go to that level of sculpture because people's faces are a little difficult?

I got a little nervous.

"I have carved the faces of my family before."

Oh, that's a relief.

"But…."

What's wrong with you?

I couldn't stand it and asked.

"Then does it take a long time?”

I'm in trouble. I shouldn't do that

The time Clarivan gave was only a week away.

"But it happens to be a holiday from tomorrow. In about four days...….”

No, he keeps giving people false hope.

I held Alfeo's hand tightly with my hands, delighted. And I passed the portrait of my grandmother painted by my father in his hand.

"I'll make sure to pay for your trouble!"

Alfeo John's childhood work may be hard to convert into money, but I was planning to separate a certain portion of the sales price.

"No, thank you! It's all right!"

"No! It's Alfeo's hard work. You'd better get paid!"

When I spoke firmly, Alfeo thought for a moment and soon nodded.

"I look forward to your kind cooperation. I'm going to give it to you as a gift!"

"……I'll do my best."

Alfeo said with a stiff face.

I was relieved by the reliable appearance.

Now you don't have to worry about the class assignment.

I left it in Alfeo John's hands.

"Oh, but I forgot one thing."

"What is it?"

"The log you're going to use. Alfeo needs to take it. It's too heavy for me."

"Ah? ..."

I'm sorry, but the delivery is self-service.

After leaving the sculpture to Alfeo, I spent about two days doing nothing.

All that was left was waiting, so I watched my father make a book next to me or went out to play in the garden when the day was good.

The twins came to play this morning, but I sent them back saying no.

The two were sullen at my sharp refusal.

But I have an ominous feeling that I'll be back tomorrow.

"Tia! Daddy has finally completed the book!"

How many books have already been written in this way, and my father shouted, "Hurrah!"

"Wow!"

So I, who cheered with my short arms raised with excitement, became a child.

"Oh, my sweet Tia."

My father patted my head with a pleased smile.

"Show me father's book, too!"

I was curious about the book that was completed by drawing and transcribing each page, while saving time to sleep.

"As expected, you like books just like me. Okay, let's take a look at it from the front."

My father sat me on his lap and held the book he just finished.

It’s unique that it’s thinner and larger than other common books.

I carefully opened the cover, wondering if the paper would go bad.

And then.

"Huh?"

In the margin of the first page of the book, I could see my name written in my father's handwriting.

[Always waiting for the day my lovely daughter, Tia's first debutante dress.

It was a sentence written by pressing down on each letter.

"It's a book I wrote to show you later when Tia is old enough to be interested in dresses."

My father kissed me on the head and said.

"It's not a deep story, but you'll see what dresses have been popular for generations in Lamburgh. Fashion is supposed to go around."

I couldn't say anything.

Every time I turned over the page, I felt hot and full.

As my father said, this book was made only for me.

Small letters were written around the different shapes of dress paintings that were skillfully drawn to fill one side.

[Now Tia, who is smaller than her age, will look good if she is tall in the future.]

[This dress will show off the color of Tia's pupils with the green carpet of the Sosher umbrella.]

"Mothers usually take care of their daughter's debutante dress, but dad will make sure to take care of my Tia! Don't worry, okay?”

Originally, I didn't have a debutante.

It was because I was half a commoner and there was no banquet to invite me, who was like a non-existing person in my family, and I myself was busier improving the library I was given right away than in my social debut.

I closed the book that went all the way and held it in my arms.

Maybe my father wrote this book for me in his previous life.

For the day when you pick my dress with your own hands.

"Do you like the book?”

"Yes, really.”

My father pulled me with a book and hugged me tightly.

"I hope our Tia grows up soon, and I hope she grows slowly."

"Daddy."

"Huh?"

"You have to pick my dress for me later, okay?”

"Then! Let's open this book and think about it together then, Tia."

I hope my father can see my debutante this time.

May we go to the banquet together holding my hand.

I hugged my father face to face.

Click, click.

I could hear horse hooves approaching from afar through the open window.

Raising my head from my father's arms, I ran to the window quickly.

A wagon with a flag on top of Dulac was entering the mansion.

Unlike the last time when it was simple, one more large wagon was seen following behind the carriage where the owner was riding.

It's finally here!

I quickly put the book on the bookshelf and said, pulling my father's hand.

"Daddy! Let's go for a walk in the garden! Come on!"

"What a sudden rush. Did you want to go that way?”

"Yes! So come on!"

My father was reluctantly dragged by my touch, but he kept laughing at what was so good.

However, I let go of my father's hand and shouted because I thought I would miss the time if I went slowly like this.

"I'm going to run! If you don't follow me quickly, I'll miss you!”

"T, Tia! You'll fall down!”

When I saw my surprised father start running behind me, I smiled with remorse.

It's time to give him a strong foothold!
    "Give me the scaffolding!"

As soon as the wagon on the top of Dulac stopped, Vieze ran up and shouted to the servants.

Clarivan, who was following Rulac, clicked his tongue softly.

While waiting for the top Dulac to bring samples of textile, he investigated the company.

As a result, Owner was the empress.

To be exact, the Hyun Angenas was about the time of his death.

In terms of village head, he was quite far from the center of the family, but he benefited greatly from his childhood friendship with the empress.

However, even so, the situation of Vieze was excessive.

No matter how much his opponent is the empress, Vieze was the eldest son of the Lombardy family.

They say that there is no need to keep a low profile like that.

Even Angenas, who produced the current empress, did not dare to be comparable to Lombardy.

There was no way that Rulac, who walked right next to Clarivan's tongue, could not not hear him.

However, there was no sign of displeasure.

However, he could only look at his first son’s back.

When Vieze opened the door instead of a servant, Dulac’s owner got off the carriage as if he were familiar with it.

He bowed his head deeply to Rulac.

At least he knows the right hierarchy.

Clarivan was fuming inside.

"Thank you for coming. I'd like to check the product right before I go inside, so why don't you?"

"……I'll do that.”

Dulac owner's eyes were slightly frowned.

He brought it because they wanted to see the textile he brought, but he really didn't know it was a prerequisite for business.

Vieze, who has repeatedly reassured the owner, said, "It's just a formality."

"DFather, do you really need to do that? Dulac’s owner also showed his sincerity in bringing the goods all the way here...…

"Get out of the way."

Rulac's angry eyes turned to Vieze.

Vieze, who saw his eyes, was not frowning or glaring at him, instantly hardened.

"Did he teach you to keep the guest in front of the house?"

"Oh…."

Only then, Vieze, who realized his mistake, hurriedly stepped aside.

"Pull up the cover."

Under Rulac's command, servants took off the cover of the wagon brought by the Dulac company.

"Hmm."

When I reached out to the textile and swept it, Rulac let out a low hum.

The surface was uneven and rough.

"Clarivan."

When Rulac called, Clarivan came up as if he had waited.

Sure enough, his facial expression was not so good when he touched the cotton of the textile.

"What is the raw material?”

Clarivan asked Dulac's boss.

"Oh, that's...….”

The owner hesitated as if he couldn't think of it for a moment.

He can't even tell you the raw materials of the goods he’s trying to sell by borrowing other people's money.

It showed the ignorance and attitude of Angenas' commerce.

"It's a long pull of the trunk of the nose and the Coroy."

"You mean Coroy?"

Coroy were a kind of weed-like plant that grew widely throughout the empire.

Vieze was condescending when it seems it’s the first time Clarivan heard of the fabric made of coroy.

"It is the traditional way of the eastern part of the Empire. The Lord of the Upper Lord himself. You pretended to know and you didn't know anything."

Clarivan was moved to tears by Vieze's sarcastic remarks that he really "didn't know," but he had nothing to say.

Textile was not an area where he knew a lot.

Although he has been in charge of Lombardy's household, he has never heard of fabrics that were thick with Coroy.

"It's widely used only in the east, but it's a textile that's not very well known in other parts of the world, so we'll be able to make a big profit.

The owner said to Rulac.

"Is that so?"

At first glance, it seemed to be a positive answer, but Rulac's gaze did not know that it would fall from a rough cloth piled up in a cart.

The amount and labor required by the Dulac company were reported in writing in advance.

It was definitely a large amount that any other company could not afford.

But it was not that much of a burden for Lombardy.

Even if the textile industry failed, Lombardy could have made up for the loss in about a month or two.

It was not money that Rulac was worried about.

The wrinkled eyes contained the oldest son, Vieze, who was constantly talking next to the owner.

The current empress, Ravini Angenas, was a narrow-minded but ambitious person at the same time.

To turn my son into a prince, I wouldn't care about the fire.

The Dulac company, which was made quite urgently, also lacked bribes to stab the noble council, so it was carried out to raise funds.

However, it was clear who would blame the project if it went wrong for any reason and the empress was not financially satisfied.

Vieze thought that if he did this, he would be able to get closer to the Empress, so he would be so sweet.

Rulac finally made a decision.

This textile business will be a testbed for Rulac, not just for the Empress.

"Vieze."

"Yes, Father!"

"This textile business...….”

It was just before the word "I will leave it to you in the future."

Beyond the wheels of the wagon, a small brown hair rose and a clear voice was heard.

"Wow, it's cloth that makes clothes!"

Four people standing in a hard atmosphere looked back at you at the same time.

"Firentia?"

Rulac murmured in surprise.

To such a grandfather, Firentia smiled brightly and spoke in a louder voice.

"My dad knows this very well!"

Seeing people surprised by my sudden appearance, I gave a more childlike smile.

"What are you doing here all of a sudden?"

My grandfather asked me, lowering himself slightly.

"I'm out for a walk with my dad! But I saw my grandfather, so I just ran!"

I came here to meet my grandfather, there was no grandfather who would hate it.

He heard that his little granddaughter ran around.

Sure enough, I could see my grandfather's mouth slightly upward.

"Thanks, Firentia. But it's dangerous to run around, so be careful from now on."

"Yes, Grandpa."

Vieze waved his hand as if he was chasing a fly, saying to me, “Grown-ups are at work, so go play! go, come on!”

I was annoyed that my grandfather was interrupted from patting me on the head.

But I ignored Vieze and asked my grandfather.

"But what's all this? There's a lot of the same cloth!"

"It's a cloth made of glue called corona. I was talking to the adults here about whether they could make money by selling it to people."

"Oh, I see."

You don't have to make money. This business is a fluke.

The problems, there are too many.

Amid a flurry of problems, as a result, the large-scale coroy textile business collapsed and Lombardy had to endure financial bleeding.

Now I may come forward and say, "This is why you shouldn’t even start and fold it here," but it was not up to me as a child to say yet.

"Oh, my God! Tia! How could you run like that alone?”

It's for my father.

I looked back at my father with an innocent face that I knew nothing.

"Daddy! Grandpa is selling this cloth!"

"Oh, whoops! I'm sorry, Father. Tia, you shouldn't disturb the adults. Let's go for a walk over there."

My father, who didn't know my mind, tried to take me to the other side.

"Look at this, Dad! It's made of corona glue. It's amazing!"

"Huh? Coroy?"

I knew you'd be interested.

Father looked back at the cart, seems like he was interested in preventing plants like coroy.

"Oh, this is a fabric made of coroy. It's my first time seeing it in person, and I've never seen such a rough feeling before...….”

The father, who was talking excitedly without realizing it, realized the situation again and blushed.

"Let's go, Tia."

You can't just go like this!

At that time, I heard a voice that pierced my heart with a single blow.

"You take a look, Gallahan.”

It was my grandfather.

Vieze seemed impatient when his brother suddenly appeared and pretended to know, but his face was a spectacle that he couldn't get in.

"I don't know that much either.

All that matters is that in the eastern part of the Empire, this coroy plant has been woven and used for about a hundred years. It's easy to make and the ingredients are also available directly from the mountains, so it's a favorite textile for the common people."

"Common people?"

However, Dulac’s owner's reaction was a little strange.

His face twitched when his father said that Coroy cloth was mostly used by the common people.

"Is this the cloth used by the common people?"

"Yes. As you can see, it's tough and rough, so it's not appropriate to use in aristocratic clothing."

"Oh, my God."

Grandfather asked when the owner couldn't continue.

"Come on, owner."

"They told me this textile is no different between the nobility and the common people. It’s a favorite...…. So I tried to open a business for the aristocracy.”

Didn't you say you got it yourself a while ago?

"Gee, someone who knows as well as he does in person...….”

"It looks like you've been swindled by someone you know."

The disgraced Owner's face turned red.

"But there is one disadvantage of this coroy fabric. Once extracted from a plant, there is a kind of expiration date...…. Oh, I knew it."

My father looked at the bottom of the pile of cloth and clicked his tongue.

Black mold was blooming on the fabrics in the middle.

"Completed coroy fabric is vulnerable to moisture. I think this happened after the rainy season recently.”

"Oh, my God."

The owner couldn't hide his disappointment.

Of course it's in vain.

It's an ambitious project he’s been working on. Now he knows it's useless.

At that time, my father, who was pondering something, told Sang-ju.

"But the land near Jikhaeryeong is growing enough, so it won't be a big problem if you get materials from nearby, not from far away."

"Oh, is that so?"

"And if you're really going to do this business against the aristocracy, try mixing it up when you're doing it."

"Oh, my God.

"Yeah. Actually, Coroy is not a bad ingredient. It's better because you can save a lot of cost. So if you invest a little bit of the money you save from the raw materials and mix it, you'll get a cool, soft textile."

"Oh, that's the way!”

As if to see a silver lining from the sky, Dulac owner's eyes glistened toward my father.

"But mixing other raw materials with sulfur is a fairly high-end technology.

Please select the right textile workers."

"Far, textile workers...….”

The owner only blinked, as if he really didn't know anything about this field.

"Our Lombardy's textile guild will do enough. Of course, that would increase Lombardy's allocation of business profits."

Clarivan stepped in and helped.

"How much do you think?"

"Considering the salary of Lombardy workers…….”

When Clarivan and the owner started bargaining, my father held my hand.

I was trying to relax quietly.

"Gallahan, take care of this business."

My grandfather's tremendous command caught my father's footsteps.

"Oh, Father!"

Vieze almost screamed.
    It has been several days since the project to build a solid foundation for my father was safely completed.

Although he used to solve the Coroy that always grows well except in winter, my father suddenly became busy because the stem is the strongest period right after the rainy season.

I had a lot of time alone because he left early in the morning and came back late at night.

My father was very worried about me, saying he couldn't be with me, but rather, I was very relieved to have freedom of action.

On a day like this, I can do what I have to do without having to explain it to my father.

I was waiting for Alfeo on the stairs of the quiet main building because no one was there.

"Alfeo! Over here!"

Alfeo, who was looking around my voice, found me and ran over here.

"Lady!"

Alfeo's hand, which approached with a welcoming smile, contained an object wrapped in cloth.

"This is it!"

The wooden statue I commissioned Alfeo was larger than I thought.

It was a volume that was not reduced from the logs that were first given as materials.

It means that the sculpture went smoothly without throwing away that much.

I haven't seen the completed version yet, but I already tried to laugh.

"Can I take a look?”

"Well, sure!"

In my words, Alfeo put the pieces down in the right place and carefully peeled the cloth.

Whether he used what was at home, a cloth as rough as this fabric fell with its nose and the wooden statue appeared.

"Wow…."

I couldn't take my eyes off the statue for a while.

The material was nothing but a vivo tree.

The common wood was reborn as a work of art in the hands of Alfeo.

As expected, it was good to leave it to this future genius artist!

When I looked at the wooden statue without saying anything, Alfeo was restless.

"By any chance, you don't like it?”

"Huh? No! There’s no way I don't like it! The sculpture was so pretty that I forgot to say it for a second. Thank you, Alfeo!"

When I held Alfeo's right hand tightly with my hands, I said, and only then did I get a smile on his face full of freckles.

"Thank you for giving me a chance, miss. I really wanted to tell you this.”

"You’re thanking me? I'm the one that needs thank you."

If Alfeo hadn't taken care of the sculpture, I wouldn't have been able to give it to my grandfather.

But Alfeo shook his head at my words.

"It's hard for me to get such a high quality log. It was a very valuable experience to carve with good materials."

Alfeo's hard-headed hand stroked the statue.

As if he was recalling the joyous process of working, his mouth was smudged with a soft smile.

"And you trusted me."

Alfeo's gaze met mine.

"You know who this statue is?"

Alfeo flinched as if he had been caught in a secret when I asked him, but he nodded gently.

"My father saw me carving in my room. I got in big trouble at first. Who do you think this person is you’re making a statue?"

Oh, Alfeo's father must have known my grandmother.

"Although he understood that it was you who asked me to make a wooden statue."

Alfeo covered the cloth that he had taken off again on the statue and wrapped it preciously.

It was as if he was dealing with a treasure.

"Yes, this statue is the image of my late grandmother. And I will give this wooden statue made by Alfeo as a gift to my grandfather.”

Alfeo's fingertips, which were just tying the ends of the cloth, trembled.

"As expected…."

A couple of nods, Alfeo once again told me.

"Thank you, miss. For believing that I could make it."

And I could see that Alfeo's eyes had changed somewhere.

His eyes were shining with guns as if he had a firm goal.

"I used to help my father with carpentry, but now I'm really old enough to start my career. I've been thinking a lot lately.”

Alfeo, scratching the back of his head, smiled awkwardly.

"My father and mother said I should put down my sculptural hobbies and start learning...….”

"And that's why you made your decision?”

I asked carefully.

Alfeo was originally recognized as a sculptor after living as a carpenter for more than a decade.

What if I ask you to do a sculpture and say, "Now that I've done enough sculpture, I'd better concentrate on my livelihood."

I was frightened.

But my worries disappeared with Alfeo's cool smile.

"I enjoy sculpting. I should be a carpenter after my father, but I will continue to carve on my day off like this. So that one day I can really become a sculptor.”

Oh, this must have been how he felt for 15 years.

It wouldn't have been easy.

He works as a hard carpenter and holds a carving knife without a break on his day offs.

It was impossible without really loving sculpture.

For such a long time, silently waiting for the day when his work will shine.

This tall man in front of me now, the boy and the young man rise splendidly after all that hard time.

He was granted a castle called "Jan," which means beauty, by the emperor, and finally became Alfeo John.

"You know, Alfeo."

"Yes, miss."

"You don't really want to carve on holidays, do you?"

"……Yes?"

"You’d like it if it’s possible every day, right?

Because you probably won't have the time to learn carpentry from your father.

He couldn't understand what I said, so I smiled at Alfeo, who put a big question mark on his head, saying, "It's nothing."

That day at sunset.

Grandfather took a walk in the garden by himself.

And it was the small evergreen forest that he spent the longest time in the meantime.

Why do you care so much about the place where there is nothing special except that the first emperor's gift of evergreen trees began a long time ago.

While spending the last few years of my grandfather's life right next to me, I heard the reason.

It was because of my grandmother.

The grandmother, who hated falling leaves, always enjoyed taking a walk with her grandfather on the way through this evergreen forest.

And the grandfather who is left alone is repeating the routine by himself.

Until the day before his death, his grandfather walked among evergreen trees.

I stood in front of the office and waited around the time my grandfather came back from a walk.

Shortly after waiting, I saw my grandfather over there.

"Grandpa!"

I ran away calling my grandfather in a loud voice on purpose.

"Oh, my God, you shouldn’t run."

"Hehe. I've been waiting to give something for you!"

"Do you have something for me?"

I grabbed my grandfather's hand and pulled him into the office.

The grandfather seemed surprised, but he opened the office door as I led him on.

"What is that...….”

Grandfather couldn't finish talking and stopped.

The statue, which was well polished without a grain of dust, was placed on the table, which was most visible when the office door was opened.

It was a request to Alfeo.

"Natalia?"

Grandfather called grandmother's name blankly.

It was a wooden bust made of uncolored wood, but it looked like it was really warm under the thick sunset that colored the sky.

"It's my gift to my grandfather!"

"Firentia, you prepared that statue?”

Grandfather looked at me once and hurried close to the wooden table.

"This is so……It looks exactly like Natalia when she was young."

My grandfather's words were not exaggerations.

Alfeo's sculpture skills were already enormous, so he perfectly reproduced the painting his father had painted.

"Dad drew a picture of grandmother. So I took it and asked my friend to make it into a statue!"

"It's a painting by Gallahan...….”

Grandfather reached out carefully and swept the carved grandmother's eyes.

The touch seemed to shake at any moment, but a bitter smile caught my grandfather's mouth with a cold touch of his fingertip.

But for a moment, the face that looked back at me was the same as usual.

"But is this my gift?"

"Yes! Do you like it?"

"I like it, but...….”

Grandfather smiled a little mischievous.

"This gift is a gift without a price?"

You know about my homework.

Well, I had some expectations.

If it were her personality, she would have reported the progress of the class right away without delay.

Thanks to the thought ahead, I fortunately didn't panic and said.

"Did that statue make you happy?”

"Happy. Happy. There are many happy memories of that time with Natalia, and every time I see that statue, this grandfather will be happy."

"Then it's okay! If you’re happy, I'm happy!"

I'm not lying at all.

After the illness, my grandfather was very upset that he couldn't see grandmother's portrait properly because he couldn't see well.

That was why I moved my grandmother's figure into a sculpture.

Even if you lose sight of your eyes due to old age, you will still be able to feel grandmother with your fingertips.

"Teacher Clarivan's homework, I will do better later!"

This is also true.

Even if it's not this time, you can stand out at any time in Clarivan's class.

In addition, if I could score directly from my grandfather, it’s the best.

The purpose of the succession class itself was a series of evaluations to select the next leader.

"Firentia."

Grandpa stared at me as if he was trying to read my mind.

But I'm not the one who's going to collapse to that extent.

I looked at my grandfather with a more innocent face.

"But I can't just get such a nice present. Tell me if you want anything, Firentia."

"What do I want? Mm-hmm."

Of course.

Because of my grandfather's character, no matter how young his granddaughter is, she is not the one to receive it without any reward.

But asking for money for homework right here is the worst choice.

There is one more thing I want besides the price of selling the statue.

"Then, Grandpa."

I pretended to think for a moment and brought it up.

"I have a friend who made that statue for me. His name is Alfeo. But…."

Every time I brought up a word or a word about Alfeo, my grandfather's mouth twitched.

And eventually.

"Hahaha! I can't believe such a talented man was living inside this Lombardy wall!”

The grandfather, who burst into laughter, looked really happy.

As expected, the serious talent collection wall is no different from this time or that time.

I was standing leisurely and enjoying my grandfather's laughter like music.

Because the better my grandfather feels, the bigger the amount of money he will give me.

I am a commendable granddaughter who made a statue of my grandmother and gave it to my grandfather, and one more commendable granddaughter who gave him a genius who carved such a perfect wooden statue without proper education.

There's no way my grandfather would let me go empty-handed.

And one said that one does not refuse the money that adults give you.

The day of class has come back to know the results of the task.

Arriving in the classroom early, I looked at the faces of the children one by one.

The twins entered with the same usual sulky expression until they ran to me, and Belelzac looked very nervous somehow.

What was surprising was Larane.

The face with a small pocket of coins was full of anticipated flush.

"Hi, Lara."

"Hi Firentia. Your brooch on today's clothes is pretty."

Larane pointed to the green brooch on my clothes and said.

"Yes, I like it, too. Thank you."

While we were greeting like that, Clarivan came in and the class started.

"Now, shall we take a look at the results of the task?"

Bellezac did not carry out the task as he said.

He always does what he says in such a useless place like that.

The twins said they sold the logs to servants as firewood as expected.

They were really in need of firewood, and they declared several times that they had never been forced to buy it.

And Larane.

"You made it to be charcoal and sold it to the mansion blacksmith?”

"Yes, so I had to give some money to the servants who helped me. That's how much I have left."

Larane had 15 coppers in her pocket.

Originally, considering that one Vivo log was worth about 20 coppers, it was surprising that Larane, who was timid in everything, moved this much actively.

It was the same with Clarivan, nodding his head and praising Larane.

"Lastly, Lady Firentia."

"Yes, sir."

"How much did you make by selling logs?"

I shrugged my shoulders once.

"Don't tell me, you didn't do your assignments?”

Clarivan's words made Bellezac, who had been squashed in the corner of the sofa, jump up.

"No, I did my best, sir."

"Then where's the money?"

"It’s here.”

"What? Where...".”

I said to Clarivan, pointing to a brooch on my chest.

"I made a statue out of a log and gave it to my grandfather, and I got this brooch instead. It's emerald!"

That's a big, expensive egg!

For this time, Clarivan's face was dumbfounded.

I leaned against the back of the chair, enjoying the composure of the winner for a while.

Of course, I'm not the only one who received good things.

Grandfather gave Alfeo, who made the statue, ten silvers for his hard work, and at the same time gave him the family scholarship and a chance to study under a famous sculptor.

I was enjoying the scene of the classroom staring blankly at me, suppressing my desire to twist my legs with a smile, and I could see Bellezac, who was huffing and broadening his nose.

I purposely lifted one corner of my mouth so that it could only be seen by Bellezac.

As a half-blood, he said I was humble and inferior to my cousins.

I couldn't live a noble life because I couldn't even learn properly, and he laughed at me, saying that I had to move around and work like a commoner.

He mocked me for living and dying like a lowly mother.

So keep on feeling it, what it's like to be pushed out by that half-blood.

How does it feel to lose things that you thought were yours?

It's just the beginning.
    The Lombardy's four brothers and sisters gathered in the Head’s office.

It was an old tradition that they would sit around like this on the third day of every week, rain or snow.

Gallahan, who is out of his mind these days due to the Coroy textile business, said he was in a hurry, but unintentionally he was late for the meeting that Rulac had set in advance.

When he rushed into the office door, sweating beads, three people looked back at the same time, resembling his face.

"You're late, Gallahan.”

Vieze didn't hide his displeased expression and gave him a lecture.

"I'm sorry,.…brother, father..."Gallahan asked when he saw the still-empty chair of Head.

"The meeting with Lombardy's bank manager is not over yet."

"Oh, is that so?"

It was Rulac who thought it was very important not to be late for the appointment.

If the meeting had already begun, he would have been scolded like a child regardless of age.

Gallahan sighed softly as he wiped the sweat off his forehead.

"Lucky guy."

Vieze quizzed at the sight.

"Ha ha. Long time no see, sister."

Gallahan smiled back at Vieze's meanness and greeted Shanannet, who was quietly drinking tea on one side.

Shanannet, who is the oldest of four siblings and is quite different in age from Gallahan, was quiet.

"……yes, father will be here any minute. Sit down and get some rest."

Shanannet, who has a long neck like a swan, said in a quiet voice.

After just saying that, she sips a cup of tea again and looks at the distant scenery outside the window.

Gallahan sat on an empty chair thinking that such a sister was very pretty.

"I can't see your face these days? Why are you so busy?"

Laurels, sitting next to Vieze, kicked Gallahan's foot and asked.

Laurels, the third of the four siblings, had the smallest age difference from Gallahan, but he was so opposite of him that he believed he was a stranger.

Laurels, who hated complexity and was simple, felt frustrated with Gallahan, and Gallahan felt very uncomfortable with him.

"I've been doing some work for father lately. Well, even if it's a job, I'm just going to give a word or two of advice."

Gallahan said humbly.

If it was really a word or two, he wouldn't have been so busy that he couldn't even see his daughter's face these days.

However, Gallahan glanced at Vieze's attitude.

It was because he happened to be in charge of the project that Vieze was trying to proceed.

Of course.

Vieze's face twitched, looking only at the front with his arms folded.

However, Laurels, who was tactless, did not notice any discomfort and continued jokingly.

"Oh! I heard about it. You stole brother's business...….”

And eventually Vieze's anger exploded.

Vieze, who sprang up from his seat and hit the Head’s office desk with his hand, stared at Laurels with his eyes glaring.

"Are you making fun of me?"

"Oh, no, it's not like that. I wouldn't do that, would I, brother?"

Surprised, Laurels expressed his injustice with his whole body.

Laurels was so afraid of Vieze that it sometimes looked more like a relationship between superior and subordinate than a brother.

"And you, Gallahan. I think you're very proud that you took on a big job once. It's a fluke that will never happen again, so enjoy it as much as you want now. Do you understand?"

Gallahan felt the same way.

He never thought he'd take on a project that Lombardy and Angenas are promoting at the same time.

It was just that he went for a walk with his daughter and things went wrong.

Such a heavy and breathtaking responsibility was a rat poison for Gallahan, who wanted to read his favorite books while enjoying the warm sun and spend time with Firentia.

"I'm sorry, brother. But I didn't mean to either."

"What?"

"If you want to take this job again at least now...….”

"You punk!"

Although he was in his mid-thirties, the habit of raising hands easily from childhood has not been corrected.

It was the moment when a fight was about to break out between brothers who grown up and even have children.

Click.

Shanannet lowered the teacup with a small sound.

"Stop."

In a single word, Vieze's movement stopped.

"You're running like a foal on the butt, Vieze."

Despite the tired sighs, Vieze's shoulders flinched.

And it was the same with Laurels and Gallahan.

She was always quiet and calm, but once she was angry, she was such a scary Shanannet that no one could stop her.

Vieze, who seemed to beat Gallahan to the ground at any moment, still huffed, but flopped into his seat.

"Thank you, sister."

Gallahan also said in a small voice, "Should I touch Vieze's anger?"

"There's nothing to thank. I just didn't like the noise.”

Shanannet's calm but cold gaze reached Vieze and looked at Gallahan.

"Squirrel."

"……Yes?"

"I felt it when I first saw you in your mother's arms, but you're like a squirrel, Gallahan.”

It may sound like a compliment at first glance, but Shanannet's cold expression was saying otherwise.

"Even the little things frightened it away from the trees. They hide in their little cave and never try to fight."

"Sister…."

"All you’re interested in is chasing around like a squirrel and collecting books. Don't you think so?"

There was a light sneer on Shanannet's beautiful lips.

"I heard that your daughter is quite intelligent."

Gallahan, who had a bitter look on his face, looked at Shanannet, surprised by the story of Firentia.

"The lion cannot come out of the squirrel father. I shouldn't even look forward to it."

She murmured to himself, but every word was stuck like a sore thorn.

"It's a shame. You're a squirrel, aren't you ruining her?"

Shanannet sipped the tea again.

"What do you think, Gallahan?”

Gallahan couldn't say anything.

He’s just biting his lower lip and thinking deeply about something.

I didn't know that Shanannet's eyes would fall from the birds.

" Empress, Croiten Angenas, is here."

"Tell him to come in."

Lavigne, the Empress of the Lamburgh Empire, said, cutting the stem of the flower she had just picked up with a pair of scissors.

After a while, Croiten, her confidant in charge of the Dulac company, cautiously stepped in.

He still greeted her with his eyes on the fresh rose.

"My Empress, I'm here."

Croiten took off his hat and put it on his chest, pretending to be quite friendly.

"What I've been waiting for is not you, but good news about the company. Don't you know that, Croiten?"

"Oh, no. I couldn't have come empty-handed, Empress."

Sweat flowed behind his back at the words of the empress, but Croiten managed to say it with a smile.

"Please read this."

Croiten's hand-over was a brief progress report.

The white hand of the empress, who took off the flower arrangement gloves, received it.

Croiten smiled with relief, reading that the empress' quick reading of the report was not bad.

"As written, the Coroy textile will be ready for sale next week. First of all, the aristocracy's clothing stores are concentrated.We're going to start selling around Quna Shopping Street…….”

"How did you deal with the supply and demand of textiles, Croiten?"

Last time, Croiten visited the Imperial Palace and reported that there was a problem with the supply of fabric from the eastern part of the country, and he can't forget the slow look of the empress at that time.

After a time when it felt like eternity, the Empress ordered him to ask Lombardy for help.

When I recalled that time, I sweated and eventually Croiten took a handkerchief out of his arms.

It was a handkerchief made with embroidery on the coroy fabric.

"We've received Lombardy's support as you ordered. Fortunately, Gallahan Lombardy is well versed in textiles and doubles.

"Gallahan?"

The Empress, who was wearing flower arrangement gloves again, looked at Croiten for the first time.

"Not Vieze?"

What else did I make a mistake?

Frightened, Croiten crouched his shoulders.

"Well, yes. Originally, I was going to do it with Vieze, but he, he doesn't know much...….”

"Gallahan, do you mean Head's youngest?”

The empress, who recalled the name Gallahan in the corner of Lombardy's family tree, raised one eyebrow.

"Yes! He's a very knowledgeable man!

Honestly, it's not comparable to Vieze just by looking at the head. And since Vieze was absent, Clarivan, a close confidant of the Head, actively cooperated to make things much easier...….”

"Do I have to know such a trifle, Croiten?"

The voice of the Empress, who cut off the back of her words, was faintly irritated.

"Oh, no! Of course, leave this to me, Empress."

Croiten quickly bowed, and the empress picked up the next flower.

"It's not Vieze, it's Gallahan...….

It's quite interesting."

The empress smiled a strange smile as she recalled Rulac's face, which was completely unknown.

It was the law for the eldest son to succeed the family, but no one kept it.

Not only the imperial family, but also in fairly large noble families, there was a bloody war over the succession structure.

Lavigne didn't like it very much.

Cut.

Somehow, with a creepy sound, the petals of the rose Lavigne was holding were cut in half and scattered one by one.

It was because she remembered the humble look with the red eyes like this rose, so she didn't want to see the flower.

The Empress, who put the flower arrangement scissors down on the table, asked Croiten.

"Gallahan has children?"

"Yes, I have a daughter named Firentia. Gallahan once said she was about to turn eight."

Croiten, who couldn't understand the Queen's feelings, was simply reticent.

"Today, Astana went to Lombardy to meet Vieze's son.

I'll ask him when he gets back."

When I recalled my beloved son, the empress said with a blooming flower-like face.

"Don't he need a girlfriend?"

The smiling lips were redder than the badly cut rose.

"Ouch, it's a hide-and-seek game. I'll be your tagger this time, so you guys hide."

"Wow! It's my first time! Sounds fun!"

"Excited, exciting!"

I smiled with remorse as I saw the twins stamping their feet with their fists clenched.

Whoops, they don't know anything either.

"If you don't get out of the main building, you can hide anywhere. Instead, it's against the rules if there's a dangerous place like the last well, a room without people, or a place where the lid is closed and you can't see it at all. Okay?

"Yeah!"

"Now you count to 100?"

I put my face on the pillar and said.

"Okay, one! Two! Three! Yes!"

I heard two footsteps moving away in the same direction.

As expected, twins hide together.

Thinking it would be easier to find later, I kept counting.

"Fever! Eleven! …...oh, my legs.

It's comfortable now."

It's gone far anyway, so you won't even be able to hear it.

She came to the scene from the morning breeze and was dragged outside because of the twins who were begging to play.

When I said that you two should play together, the twins said it’s no longer fun.

They said it's fun when I play with them. They kept saying things like a parrot.

So what I came up with was the game, hide-and-seek, where children are genetically bound to be enthusiastic.

"Sigh, it's nice to be quiet."

There is no voice to chat with, so it can't be so peaceful.

I lay down somewhere for a while and walked to find a sunny spot to catch the twins.

On the way to the quiet annex from the main building where so many people were attending, I saw a little boy standing alone.

He was a boy with dark blond hair that was close to brown and fair skin.

"Who is it?"

It was a strange face that looked like Bellezac's age.

Furthermore, the behavior of looking around and the clothes they were wearing did not look like children of their employees.

Wondering if he was lost, I was approaching the child with the intention of helping him.

Maybe the little boy is annoyed, but he took off his hat and threw it on the ground, and stepped on it with his shoes.

He looked used to it as if he hadn't done it once or twice.

I stopped walking a little distance from him now.

I don't want to get too close.

The bells were ringing for the instincts to go back.

I'm just gonna go find the twins.

Thinking so, I was about to turn around.

A big wind blew in from somewhere, and the little boy's excitedly stepped hat flew away to the lawn.

The one who seemed to be embarrassed for a while looked around and found me.

And said,

"You there. Pick up that hat."

"……what?"

"Are you a deaf girl? I told you to pick up my hat."

"Sigh, what's this...….”

I forced myself to purify the anger that was about to burst out in a boiling snap.

"You pick it up, you velesac."

That's the worst curse I've ever known for not using a nutmeg, man.

However, he frowned and spoke in a mean voice.

"Go pick it up now and you'll live."

"This Bellezac look alike, what are you talking about?”

I said with my arms crossed.

"Would you like to get a few hits with a book? That's how it works."

"An ugly girl can't even talk."

Is that insolence and arrogance that are unknown to the core of the aristocratic boys?

Bellezac uses that kind of tone.

I didn't just say it, but a real Bellezac...….

Wait a minute.

I stared at the face of an unidentified little boy, and a tremendously sinister foreboding hit the back of my head.

"Come on, don't....”

"Prince! Where are you, Prince!"

I heard a voice anxiously looking for someone from afar.

"Haah, if you're a prince."

There are many concubines in the empire, but there are only two princes.

And I knew the more mature version of that half-faced face for years.

"No way, First Prince...…?”

As if to answer what I said, the one who raised one corner of his mouth and laughed unlucky said.

"Pick it up."

It was true.

Bellesac's soul twin. The one thing that ruined my family.

It was the first prince, Astana Nerempe Durelli.

*sigh Gallahan and the twins are too adorbs :blobnom::blobnom:

Yur_, Allyzaaajoy, Riroza18 and 43 others like this.
  16. Ggukiieee

Ggukiieee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you literally get what this meant lmao :blobparty:

Yes, super thanks for all of the spoilers and answers to every possible questions. Really appreciate. :blobmelt:

Waaaah :blob_catflip: thank you so much! Imma camping here :cookie:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2021
    ARaine and Fishyla like this.
  17. koraDawn

koraDawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone taken you up on this? If not I’m happy to partner up.

You are amazing! Thank you for translating

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2021
  18. macchiato_kn

macchiato_kn Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I’d also like to help in translating ^^

omg thank u! you’re heaven sent :>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2021
    Fishyla likes this.
  19. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august