LCD Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UsernameJ, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Masukure

Masukure Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If by god skill you mean godly op, then yes. If you think its from Hermes or something, your wrong, he got it after defeating the floor 20 boss (chapter 33), before obtaining a god title. What I kinda meant about event dungeons might make up for not taking elixirs, I was thinking there's a likelihood that the limit to the amount of bonus stats you can obtain from each level of dungeon is related to the stats from elixirs, shin did say that he could no longer get stats from lower level event dungeons.

(Example of my train of thought- Lets say the limit is 100 bonus stats for dungeons up to B class. If you get 30 stats from elixirs, it might lower the points you get from event dungeons to just 70. This is just speculation, but it would make since with the way the dungeon treats people who are already strong regarding elixirs.)

2. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot it was a skill book reward. Still, it feels like you can get a similar level skill from event dungeons. And it feels like a slap in the face that your effort from before negates future rewards.

3. Random Refugee

Random Refugee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think not, because novelupdates.com says:
    Status in COO
    355 Chapters (Complete)​

4. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm still wondering if the bonus stats from event dungeons and elixirs are running on the same system, we know that hes simply to strong to recieve bonus stats from lower level raids, will it be the same for elixirs? If he can still farm elixirs at floor 55 then the level at which you can first start farming them is set on you base strength when first entering the dungeon, while field dungeons simply say if your over this power level you get nothing.

5. Nyeko

Nyeko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For field dungeons, isn't it just that once you hit a certain amount of clears you can't get anything? I don't think they were talking about a cap because of total strength.

6. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is that they're not using enough invites. They should be trying to put everyone into the 1st dungeon.
    It pretty much mentioned that there's a limit to the amount of stats you can get from event dungeons below S class. Also stat elixirs do more than give you stats. They can give you elemental affinities and directly strengthen your soul.

What dungeon you're in also determines what people you meet in the dungeon. 1st dungeon people will typically be stronger and thus your network of friends will be stronger.

7. Jinnai.l

Jinnai.l The Jerkaiser, Ruler of 108th dimension,Jinny

Reading List:
    Link
    It not a waste invite buddy. There is something like weak to strong and then their are something like strong to stronger. Ina is a perfect candidate because she basically unbeatable without any form of training whatsoever. Letting her climb the dungeon will without a doubt make Revival into an unholy force of freezing hell. There are a reason that both Hitler and Napoleon fail to invade Russia. Ina is already general Winter/Aokiji all by herself (if Shin learn to manipulate Space it GG). You could say both invader are not invading earth, they are stuck on Earth with dear ol' Revival

8. Alski

Alski <Insert other title here> Level 25

Reading List:
    Link
    The rest of revival have cleared more dungeons than Shin has, so im pretty sure it takes in to account the persons strength.

9. FudgeNouget

FudgeNouget Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah so there seems to be a hard cap on how many stat points you can get from Event Dungeons; Right now, we know 200 is the max # of stats you can get from Event Dungeons ranked A or below. This makes sense since otherwise super strong people can go around clearing like D rank dungeons and get stats, which would kind of ruin the system.

10. dave186

dave186 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that what was said in this charpter was prety important, that leveling up also increase the soul level, so I think that te stats rewarder and the elirxirs droped have a direct relation with this more than what number of times you clear it or the individual strength, it would also be the reason why the already strong dont get archivements and have some rewards while the elixirs are blocked
    think it like this equipment, skills and potions are things that could be acquired be external ways so it dont mater wathever they get them or not as they are not related (mostly) to the real stats but the elixirs, stats points, titles and the rest that affect the body directly could only be acquired though means corresponding with your soul level
    Maybe Shin could be a little over the limit with this thinking but he is the hero so he should have more benefits that the rest so there is no problem

11. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shin and co got like 200+ stats each and various high level items. Compared to an average first dungeon explorer's rewards event dungeons are much more worth the effort to explore. Only thing that says otherwise is the new information about levels having more of a effect than stats.

The value of which dungeon you go to doesn't have much meaning if you actively grind event dungeons. That's why I'm liking Beyond. It's more about skill level and a desire to reach beyond the apex in your craft, rather than stat boost. Like the mc uses his head and techniques more than ever before. I wish the First Dungeon was still about raising exceptional hidden talents, rather than a place to just get some mere stats for already OP characters. Ice girl will probably get that dead spirit summon book to call someone to help he learn to control her powers, and the rest of the dungeon she just climbs for stats.

12. Xellosama56

Xellosama56 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I agree with a lot that's mentioned above, but on the topic of only accepting weak instead of already strong people for being new dungeon explorers, well it's definitely a mixed bag. If this was reality and you had all the time in the world to save and protect the world, investing in weak people makes a lot of sense. The problem is there is now a "Double Crisis" whatever that is and we know there is a hard time limit for Revival that it needs to get really really powerful ASAP now. So I see the logic in investing in a stronger hero candidate now while the pressure is heating up. Does it hurt the story? Maybe, but we've all probably read a bajillion origin stories where main and side character grow from completely pathetic to "phenomenonal Cosmic power!" So it's novel that a SS side character can now get to be SSx4 or whatever after a lot of work with a much shorter training montage. I have no complaints, were running on the authors time table. This isn't a xuxia novel with thousands of chapters so a faster timetable for action and story resolution is to be expected really.

13. Xellosama56

Xellosama56 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On the point of stats, apparently 200 stats doesn't break the game and now " soul level" whatever that is, does it even appear on the status sheet? Is a new meathod to either call the hero weaker then his stats suggest or force the Kang Shin to have more incentive and purpose to continue forcing himself and his team to dungeon crawl. Is this a bad thing? I'm not sure. What excites me more is if I was him, where would I want to put those 200 free stats? There are many places and ways to put them. So far he's a all rounder mage / warrior hybrid and that's not boring to read yet. I guess if I was him in this plot I would carefully save the points for when he meets challenges in Earth, or Beyond dungeon etc that waste his time, since we know time is a issue here. A good question regarding time is, what is his life span now with vitality stats dozens or hundreds of times higher then a normal human? How old are the other heros in Beyond, are we talking centuries, thousands of years, hundreds of thousands?. Once your "finished" saving your world guess what, your a dimensional traveler. In other words you can fight as long as your power, lifespan and the enemies war machine exist, theoretically. So unless author claims there are hard stat caps or lifespan issues, under this story setup he could fight almost for as long and as on as many worlds as he wants ad infinum.

14. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Those various high level items are mostly useless. It's only in S rank dungeons and above that truly good stuff drops. There's only a handful of those and you need an entire team to challenge them. Not to mention that the elf clearly just said that level is more important than stats because increasing your level increases the league of your soul.

You need a powerhouse like Shin to carry you through high level event dungeons in the first place. You also don't get full weapon sets from an event dungeons. Overall I'd still say that the 1st dungeon still gives better rewards than event dungeons. There's also no risk of dying.

15. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, the league of one's soul has been subtly mentioned since near the beginning. Shin has taken elixirs that increase his soul league, a skill that does so as well. At lv 8 soul guard states that his soul is well and beyong the average. That might be part of the the reason he's so OP. My theory is that the dungeon is meant to raise some sort of transcendent beings by increasing the power of their souls. By some point explorers may cease to be mortals and become something more depending on their soul.

16. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ?
    The league of soul increases when you increase in rank as a dungeon explorer. Shin had his league of soul increase when he reached Silver rank (level 21) and again when he reached Gold rank (level 51).
    It also seems to be linked to the skills gained from True God name titles, so when he gets to Platinum rank (level 81), he'll probably have his league of soul increase again, and his Hermes and Zeus titles will probably get another skill each.
    Since the first skill of each can only be used once a week, and the second skill of each can only be used once a month, the third skill of each will probably only be usable once a year, something really op.

17. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unfortunately inviting the weak to first dungeon plan is no longer possible.
    1. The strong must go somewhere and the first is the best option. Even without elixirs, the ability to solo a boss is more valuable, both for the individual and public. The individual for skill and titles and public for the set equipment(refer to my pass it down idea).
    2. Even if you give a weak person time to farm elixirs, it may not even be possible to solo the boss. The first few elixirs are special they are COMPRESSION types meaning rather than giving pure stat boost, they take what you have and refine it. Those would only work for people with gigantism, body builders, big boned and those with large souls. Even if you take that into account, they need talent and high martial prowess to beat the Orc boss and minions.
    3. We now know awakening is not a natural phenomenon. A little girl sends out those dreams semi-automatically with a limited stock.(she recycles the powers on death) She has no control of when or who gets powers. And once you do awaken you acquire future knowledge and a bare minimum of basic class abilities. Take YeEun for example, if she entered before awakening, she would be weak enough to get elixirs as an ordinary human. After awakening, she was able to incapacitate a succubus and solo bosses to 50.
    And since awakening is semi automatic you can't know who will awaken and when or the level of ability. Granted you can gain qualification to awaken while climbing but by then you would have skipped a few bosses (Shin was not part of the first batch to awaken and gained elemental qualification after Rat boss)
    4. The invasion has begun. Before the original 5 explorers had plenty of time to grind bosses for elixirs, they also had the advantage (disadvantage) of not being awakened allowing them to get the elixirs. But now that there is a time limit and a even stricter one with double invasion, it is better for people who can solo bosses and get sets immediately rather than one who grind years for elixirs.
    5. There needs to be a larger number of explorers, still need to be strict about who goes in because of trust and bad personalities. A weakling will take time to clear a boss and if they do clear it quick that usually means they never soloed it. An SS member could probably solo and get equipment at Most a month and at least a week without the need to get elixirs. (Full possible benefit they can get as an individual) They would be strong enough insta clear 5 mob floors leaving no delay between bosses. And get invite ticket as a silver rank in at 2-4 months while getting set equipment, and solo rewards.

As a side note, first dungeon tickets should be saved for the most exceptional and trustworthy SS Rankers. Ice witch's power could compete with Hwaya's fire and could freeze most SS Rankers, literally SSS class. The third dungeon invites should be used immediately as both trash dungeon and easiest, thus fastest to clear. Possibly the second dungeon invites too as the benefits are not as great as first. It is also fine to use the seconds invites for provisional membership just because they are S-SS ranked rather than SSS level of ability

lohwengk likes this.
  18. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Double Crisis?

hmmmm next chapters Advent of Gods? Triple Crisis get

19. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if they were actively using the invites then they could invites everyone to the 1st dungeon. Every invite would give them at least 2 more. If they're inviting SS rankers then getting to floor 50 solo should be easy.

Teunayven likes this.
  20. Lazy King

Lazy King Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the elementalist funeral remind anyone of the metal elemental egg? Granted the process was different but an elemental egg was born and a metal bender was dead