Spoiler Inso's Law

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Steff123

Steff123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Come back WE STiLllInG WAITInG

2. Fearless_Sten

Fearless_Sten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting

Steff123 likes this.
  3. Steff123

Reading List:
    Link
    I KNOW RIGHT
    SARA said they are still reading SO HOPEFULLY THEY RETURN

4. Pachey

Pachey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading the spoilers...I'm rooting for Eun Jiho. I've read too many story with a cool male lead. No wonder I'm attracted to Chunyoung at the first time I read this story. But if I put myself into Dani's...I don't think I can bear with Chunyeong...the lack of communication ,always fighting and just let the fight flows with time.. glad that they just stay as friend even though I feel bad for Chunyeong since he fell in love on Dani again even he loses his memories. But chunyoung always let go of every opportunity that he has.

Gahhhh chunyoung:blob_catflip: !!!!!

Forsythia, ZainabJ., rero00 and 3 others like this.
  5. danixjihoforever

danixjihoforever Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, he missed that chance in the first place. Even Dani thought she might like Chun Young before she fell to Yeo Dan.

Forsythia and DOHere like this.
  6. chalant

chalant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Chunyoung's defense, he does try to reach out to Dani to reconcile. Their fights drag out a bit before that, but he always makes an attempt. I think the problem is that they -- both him and Dani -- kind of suck at the actual reconciliation part, like talking about their problems and the reason for their arguments. Dani really doesn't help what with being a closed book and all, but it's completely understandable that she doesn't want to reveal they're all fictional characters. Chunyoung also tends to press Dani for answers when he's suspicious of her but like Jiho said, that only makes her more reluctant to open up.

I guess that's why, at the beginning, Jiho tends to give Dani some space and a chance to figure things out her way even if he doesn't like her solutions (like agreeing to pretend they don't know each other in high school). Unlike Chunyoung or even the others, he doesn't push Dani to open up and instead tries to look at things from her perspective even if he doesn't know what her underlying reasons are.

Honestly, I think the author did a good job of establishing Jiho and Chunyoung as foils from the beginning. Re-reading even just the chapters of the manhwa, I find there are a lot of juxtaposed Jiho/Dani and Chunyoung/Dani interactions that highlight their differences and the contrast only deepens from there. The party arc in particular is really unsubtle about it.

At one point in the arc, Chunyoung says he's going to do what he wants from now on. Well, he's actually always been like that, but the point here specifically was that he was doubling down on pursuing Dani. Chunyoung is very straightforward and isn't afraid to act in the moment, consequences be damned.

Jiho went in the opposite direction. At the start of the arc, he decided to give up on Dani after the party. He grew up learning to always think of the future and to look at the bigger picture so Jiho thinks about the consequences too much; he knows he's been born into a position where he isn't allowed to do whatever he wants and that's why he hesitates to act on his own feelings.

Unlike the blunt Chunyoung, Jiho isn't always true to himself. It doesn't help that the one day in his life Jiho decided to do what he wanted instead of thinking about the future or the consequences, Dani and Yeoryeong get kidnapped -- which likely wouldn't have happened if Jiho didn't agree to bringing Dani to the party as his partner. Jiho did nothing wrong, but because acting on a fragment of his desires had such a disastrous effect, he felt he was wrong to even long for the one and only thing he'd die to have, and that's to be with Dani. :blob_teary:

7. baiichi

baiichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t reread the novel for a long time but chalant’s analysis reminds me why I root a lot for Ji Ho, especially later on the series.

Cheonyoung and Dan-I’s relationship is very much doomed from the start. In the novel, Dan-I often talked about their distance, the constant fights and the silence between them. They never truly talked it out and usually let time pass and then tried to act normal to each other again. Their quiet moments are beautiful but they really are a painful couple. Their interactions go down even more after DanDan started dating and even during Cheonyoung’s father’s accident arc, they barely had any interactions as well. It’s been a while since I read and the novels introduced so many characters, I kind of forgot the whole plot of volume 10 rip.

I can’t comment on how they break up because I haven’t read volume 11 yet but I particularly like DanDan’s relationship arc. It was a well fleshed out first love for Dan-I. When they just started dating, Juda’s adopted brother/rival asked Dan-I if she was only with YeoDan because she was comfortable. Then she was having doubts about YeoDan’s feelings for her because a) their relationship started off as an excuse to chase away his stalker and b) he doesn’t seem to have at least a bit of interest of what she was doing and who she was with. You’d think those cracks will cause them to break up there and then but no, YeoDan stopped her from breaking up and admitted that he does have strong feelings for her and they made up. Dan-I also started to finally open up to someone besides Yeoryeong and the 4 kings about her trauma of being transported back and forth. But then next day, she came back to the real world and it took her a month to get back.

8. Cosmicso

Cosmicso Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! Would you be able to explain a little bit more about Dani being stuck in the real world? Like what happens for her to get there/does she confide in her friends in what happened to her?

Steff123 likes this.
  9. Susmariozipper

Susmariozipper Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Dani being stuck in the real world relates to how she still sometimes see the world she's currently in as a novel. And since she has no memories of the novel Ham Dani, she was constantly being transported to her original world. The arc where Dani gains the memories of the novel Ham Dani is sad and will left you with tears.

This is the arc where Yeoryeong and Dani will have a major conflict on their friendship cause Yeoryeong will lose all her memory. And Dani was afraid of being revealed as fake cause she has no memories she can tell to Yeoryeong before middle school. She got afraid that all her lies will finally be caught by everyone. And Yeoryeong asking her of who she is?

10. Steff123

Reading List:
    Link
    HEY, so what’s the original Dani story about which is Sad???

Jukki likes this.
  11. chalant

chalant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I noticed the manhwa adapted Jiho's confession on the veranda slightly differently. It covers the important bits from the same scene in the novel but the last part of the scene was slightly different...and it was all the more depressing for it.

So the manhwa keeps a lot of the main points Jiho was trying to advise Chunyoung about as well as his confession to Dani in middle school but since the webtoon removed the alcohol, Jiho is completely sober so he doesn't lose his inhibitions which means he doesn't blurt out everything on his mind. That makes complete sense to me since in the novel, Dani says Jiho has the most self-control out of everyone she knows and that he also always acts in a subtle manner because he doesn't like having his innermost thoughts seen through. If he's not drunk, he's not gonna spill his guts. So the changes kept Jiho in-character. That means Jiho doesn't go on that rant/ramble about how jealous he gets whenever the other guys touch Dani but the most notable difference is that in the manhwa, Chunyoung asks Jiho if he still likes Dani, to which Jiho answers, "No way."

:hmm:

This didn't happen in the novel (neither Chunyoung asking the question nor Jiho denying he still likes her). In the novel version of the scene, Jiho even sounded more like he was admitting that he still liked Dani at this point.

But! The part where Jiho tells Chunyoung about how his heart was still racing when he held Dani's hand to wake her up at the beginning of the time skip? Well in the manhwa, it's made into Jiho's inner monologue. Jiho also adds (inwardly) that he's scared his feelings for Dani might just be the one and only thing he won't be able give up on (which is a sentiment he expresses later on in the party arc). So the webtoon makes it sound like he's still trying to give up on her (I guess this is one of the hundreds of times Jiho alludes to in the party arc about swearing to give up on Dani and just watch over her as a friend?).

Literally just removing the alcohol changed how Jiho behaved, which made sense, but it also made the end of the scene way more depressing because Jiho is basically lying to himself about not liking Dani anymore. This is like...extra suffering. I'm not sure how to feel about this, lol.

I was reading the novel translation and it finally got to the part where Jiho says his famous "You're my fantasy" line I kept seeing quoted. I was expecting it to come at some grand, important juncture of the story but it was dropped in such a casual/transitional scene that I was totally caught off guard by it.

12. ricelilies

ricelilies New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    who’s naori? the author? wait so does everyone find out that they’re characters? i remember the whole dimension travel arc in the story with jooin and dani so how does he figure out? hhhh

13. danixjihoforever

danixjihoforever Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone find out that they're characters is around ch.410++.

Later they're losing their memories about Dani to save Chun Young (seems like they're also forget about the world that is a novel and Noari). After losing his memory, Joo In kept dreaming about being in a cafe with a girl. It's Noari. But they never talked. Dani knew this and suggest Joo In to start conversation. They finally talked and Noari said that she's the author. In the epilogue, when they're all gathered on the rooftop, Dani told them everything.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    chariella, Priar, Forsythia and 6 others like this.
  14. Fearless_Sten

Reading List:
    Link

15. danixjihoforever

danixjihoforever Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Epilogue 1

About three weeks after the college entrance exam, we gathered on the rooftop of Sohyun High School as promised.
    (Skipped Part : Surprise for Eun Hyung on the rooftop)
    After Hui-an, who greeted us 90 degrees with his unique courtesy, disappeared with Eun-mi, we also picked up the newspaper that was spread out on the floor, gathered paper cups and disposable plates together and prepared to go down.
    At that time, I stopped working hard with them and said, standing up straight.
    "Excuse me.”
    "Huh?"
    Everyone's eyes were on me, even though it wasn't a previously discussed story.
    As I looked at them, I breathed a little deep and spit out again.
    "I, I have something to tell you."
    "What is it?"
    Speaking suspiciously, after the approaching of Yeo Ryeong and Eun Hyung, I exchanged my gaze with Joo In for a moment. He stood still and nodded.
    He and I had already decided that it would be at least after the College Scholastic Ability Test (CSAT) was over, as this would certainly cause a big confusion for them.
    And when I looked back again, I took a short breath and spoke out.
    "This... is a story about six years you don't remember, and 2nd March."
    "What?"
    I continued to say again in front of them who still had no idea.
    "I'm sure it won't be a short story... If you don't mind, will you listen to the end?"
    And after a few deep breaths, I finally brought it up.
    (Skipped Part : Dani tell the truth)
    "Dan, is there any way we can get our memories back?"
    Yeo Ryeong seemed to be truly sorry for forgetting her memories with me, or was unfortunately unconscious.
    Even though I have already said that it was none other than me who decided to remove their memories in return for saving Yoo Chun Young.
    Eun Hyung also said with a teary face next to Yeo Ryeong.
    "Dan, if you have to pay for something, just tell me. I'm really fine."
    I looked at Joo In with a complicated look.
    The exchange of glances was for a moment, and I had no choice but to shake my head out in the end.
    As a matter of fact, I asked whether I should tell them how to get back their memories or not, discussing with Joo In what to tell them about the time they had lost.
    But it was too risky, and most of all, I had no choice but to give up because I didn't want to imagine that they would lose their own existence to regain the memory of me.
    Most of all, because they would surely try despite the dangers if I taught them the way.
    After swallowing that thought in my head, I looked up again and saw Yeo Ryeong and Eun Hyung.
    "There is no way to intentionally get back the memory. Just to expect to come back by accident."
    "Really?"
    "I can't..."
    Hugging her visibly sullen shoulders again, I murmured.
    It's okay if you don't get your memory back.
    I have no doubt that it will continue to be the case, as we have always relied on each other for the past few years despite many hardships.
    And we have more time to spend together than we did before.
    As we continue to build up time together in all kinds of events, one day we'll find us as close as before, no, closer than ever...
    (Skipped Part : Dani tell them that she failed the CSAT)
    Sorry for the skipped part.

chariella, Celesdreams, Priar and 4 others like this.
  16. Fearless_Sten

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks you very much UwU but may i ask where is Eun Ji Hoa

danixjihoforever and Steff123 like this.
  17. danixjihoforever

danixjihoforever Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Jiho and Chun Young are there. They spoke in the surprise part. But they're only listening when Dani told the truth and both tried to support Dani when Yeo Ryeong suddenly hugged Dani who were losing her balance.

18. Susmariozipper

Susmariozipper Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

I just finished today the whole main chapters including the 2 Epilogue. And for some unknown reason I kinda shipped Kim Hye Woo and Dani. Hahahahahaha. I've been shipping them since the start of Jeju island arc/Field trip arc. And after reading that they've been rumored as a couple. ÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH my HEART!!!!!

Though they're not cannon, I'm really glad for that piece of chapter. THANK YOU AUTHOR!!!!!!
    (It reminds me of Danoh and Lee Do hwa.)

By the way, do you know what part can I read the cookie chapters of JihoDani moments? Is it on the MT University?

DOHere, Steff123 and danixjihoforever like this.
  19. danixjihoforever

danixjihoforever Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, I agree. I like their interactions. Dani x Hye Woo is like Dan Oh x Lee Do Hwa.

Yes, JiDan moments is on MT University.

Steff123 and Susmariozipper like this.
  20. Fearless_Sten

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have time can you translate some danji moments for us. I dont know if im selfishly asking you to do a lot ;-; but thank you very much for your work UwU

DOHere likes this.