Spoiler Inso's Law

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 22, 2019.

1. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really curious about what will I mean what the hell will Jiho do. I also want to know about it because I read it in somewhere of the thread that Choi Yuri will kidnap Dan I again, why? Please give more spoilers. :aww:

Evi_Chan likes this.
  2. clzeynp

clzeynp Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you give me a spoiler on Ban Hwee Hyul?

Evi_Chan likes this.
  3. Evi_Chan

Evi_Chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im really curious about volume 15 :blobpopcorn: I want to know more Jidan moments :blobmelt: I know it’s Christmas time but I really want to know, also I found a song that describes their relationship perfectly :aww::aww:

clzeynp likes this.
  4. clzeynp

clzeynp Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you name the song? I would like to listen

5. Evi_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Love me 2020 Justin Bieber. Its exacly how Jiho is feeling:blobnosebleed:

6. vencia27

vencia27 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im a little confused.. from what i know this novel already finished with vol 14 with side story "the world we meet again". So, this novel has a new volume? I search in ridibook or kkpg vol 15, i can't find it.

7. baiichi

baiichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel has finished on Kakaopage but the published Volume 15 has only been announced today. Its official release will be on 7th January 2021.
    https://twitter.com/itbook_dnc/status/1341655088016760836?s=20
    Volume 16 will probably have all the side stories.

MianneChan, clzeynp and Evi_Chan like this.
  8. Evi_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for telling us ❤️ I can’t wait for vol15 spoilers

9. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate that 2 of my deadlines are on the day of the return of Inso's Law webtoon and Volume 15 release. :facepalm: Hopefully Ridibooks will have Volume 15 on the same day as well so I can go buy and reread it.

[​IMG]
    71. Yesterday's ally is today's enemy
    72. It's an amusement park, not a date?
    73. Even if yesterday's ally is today's enemy
    74. We are like needles on a record
    75. It's not a law anymore.
    The way 4 of the 5 articles directed to 1 person :blob_teary:
    Really want to write up the spoilers but I am in my final year and my assignments are chasing me. My degree is coursework based so my progress is monitored every week as well. F. I think I might as well do it now. I've already talked to a few people about this volume so you guys can feel free to add where the parallels are if I didn't point them out. Also, I didn't write in order the first time around so my timeline can be mixed up.

Volume 15:
    Dani came home and realised she lost her phone (this phone was given by Cheonyoung, who was doing the ads for the particular phone model). When she went out with her mom, she ended up buying the same phone again and they gave her his poster.
    On the next day she went to school, her 3rd year class was the same as before the memory wipe (emphasised that she didn't jump through another world, this is still the same world and it will still try to maintain its appearance as it was before the memory wipe).
    Hyeil and Hyewoo pretty much felt something was wrong. Dani ended up telling them and Ruda pretty quickly about what happened since they already knew that Dani was from another world. They asked if she needed any help. She declined saying that this is something she has to do herself. She then talked separately to Ruda about whether he still likes her and confessed to her at the sports festival like he did last year. He said yes. She then officially rejected him, iirc telling him that she has already figured her heart out and can't accept him just because he's the only one who she can completely rely on (it'd be unfair for him as well). They hugged for the final time I think.

As I said, Dani made friends with Eunhyung, Yeoryeong and Chunyoung quite easily. Eunhyung was the first to open his heart to her as she was talking to him about how she had this "nightmare" about Chunyoung and was wondering if he was ok. (aka. she wasn't sure if she managed to save him from his inevitable death pre-memory wipe). Yeoryeong got isolated by the class for once again, her effortless grades and Dani chased after her so they made friends again pretty quickly. However, Jooin and Jiho were highly skeptical as she could have tried to help 2 years ago through Yeoryeong's anti-cafe situation and not just now. Not to mention, because the school usually collects the students' phones in the early morning and Dani's phone is literally what Chunyoung modeled for, they suspected she was trying to get close to them for her own benefits. Dani was pretty annoyed. At some point, Dani thought to Jiho: “Again, try to recall your memories with your formidable reasoning!”.

When she went home alongside with Eunhyung, they were at a crossroad and she got pushed in front of a dump truck. She went under the truck similar to how she was before and once again, Eunhyung hyperventilated in front of her. Only this time, she was quick to ask for a paper bag and did all the CPR without a doctor helping like unlike the 1st time. Dani started learning CPR after she felt she couldn't do anything to help Eunhyung last time. A college student nearby offered to testify for Dani but Eunhyung wanted them to go check at a hospital first. He was pretty desperate so they ended up doing so before going to the police. Dani ended up calling Chunyoung for help, explaining the situation. He arrived along with Eunhyung's father. Dani was sort of awkward because she could've contacted his father.

Chunyoung also likes her pretty quickly. He has always had dreams about waiting for someone at a cafe but it's been so long that he forgot who he was waiting for. As I said, Chunyoung followed his heart so he was fast to deduce that it was her who he was waiting for, repeating the scene where they were at the closed school during the first year's courage test (pre-wipe).

After visiting the hospital, they ended up going to the police where it was revealed, no one is shown on the CCTV even when Eunhyung and the college student both testified that they saw a dark-clothed man push her. Dani concluded that it was probably the other time managers on their way to remove her from this world as she is figuratively homeless in this world.

On the next day, Jiho, being shitty, assumed it was some scheme Dani concocted to befriend them even when he didn't know the details. Dani was like =.='' the whole time.

As for Jooin, before leaving this world, Ari gave him a wish bracelet wishing that he wouldn’t forget her so when memory wipe happens, he keeps meeting her in dreams. He kept chewing on the bracelet but he couldn't get rid of it. It hits pretty hard as Ari to pre-wipe Jooin is someone he strongly loves and hates. She's the only one who can understand him while he also can't forgive her for making them turn out miserable. Jooin was pretty shitty but he wasn't as antagonistic as Jiho. Dani was quickly to confront him about his self-hatred.

(It’s really sad whenever I read the part where she is nostalgic for the past, like the frivolous things the guys did for her. When confronting the current Jooin about his self-hatred, she used the exact same encouragement the past him gave her before she finally decided who she chose.)

Lee Seojin made a reappearance and was sort of flirting with her in a way (that got Jiho especially irritated though he doesn't particularly know why).
    Jiho was being all-around rude. Anw, the school hosts a trip to the amusement park owned by the Hanwool conglomerate (Jiho's). Yeoryeong likes x-treme sports but Dani can’t withstand it any longer so she ended up staying behind with Jiho. Jiho, being the cocky little shit, was like I’ll give you an opportunity to get close to me. She was like I want to fight him but I also can’t so she decided to take up on the offer. They went on gyrodrop and then the haunted house. Dani was fine for most but then a bloody hand falls off, she got scared and tried to move fast. They both nearly got to the end and he was like: it’s weird. Why did I not see the staffs? In that moment, the world manager grabbed her arm and pulled her away right in front of Jiho’s eyes. Dani fell and a steel beam almost fell onto her but Jiho managed to chase after and saved her in time. He was thinking that someone went after him but it was weird. She said no, they went after her and she guessed that the CCTV wouldn’t capture it. She proved it correctly and Jiho couldn’t understand why. Jiho asked how did she know the CCTV wouldn’t capture it and she said it’s the same as the car accident as well. He then realised that he was wrong to assume the worst of her and asked her to tell him why. She explained vaguely about messing sth that she shouldn’t mess with. Anyway, Dani knows his attitude like the back of her hand so she dealt pretty neatly when he's being a little shit.

Dani and Ruda then went on a ferris wheel at the end and had a nice time. When they left, they saw 4HKs. Jiho asked Dani to join by saying they need her to balance the central of gravity on the ferris wheel. Dani and Ruda were like: Mate, it ain’t change anything. Dani poked fun of him: If you wanna balance, try to put your legs onto the other seat. Chunyoung, Jooin and Jiho on the ferris wheel confessed that they’re angry about missing sth. Jooin still has dreams about No Ari.
    Yeoryeong invited Dani to join the study group. Even if not everyone agrees, Chunyoung and Yeoryeong will still study w her (Problem is she won’t understand anything they explain and if they study at Yeoryeong’s house, she’ll have to encounter Yeodan again and she doesn't want Yeodan to have an inkling of feelings for her). Everyone agrees but Jiho doesn’t seem to want to. After meeting up for planning, Yeoryeong wanted to get dinner with her but Dani can’t stay after dark because the manager would follow her. She felt conflicted because Eunhyung asked as well. Jiho then cut in saying why are they holding someone who wants go home up. Dani was pretty sad and angry about him “blatantly not wanting her to be there” so she decided to leave quickly. But when she went outside, Jiho offered to take her home. They were dead silent inside the car. When she arrived, she tried to run fast inside the house as usual but the car is still lit up until she manages to go inside. (Jiho recognised that she could be attacked by the world manager if she was in the dark).

The study group happens at Jiho's house. Dani was glad that Jiho was sort of the same like in the past, he was still good at explaining answers to her (Since Jiho is not a natural talent like Chunyoung and Yeoryeong, he has always studied methodically). They had a break and Jiho offered to take her around the house.

Jiho now doesn’t even have a TV with documentary and news only anymore. He listens to news on the radio when he goes to school and there was also no longer a piano in his room. She asked him about it and he told her that he wasn't particularly good at it so it was in a different room.

He asked her if she wanted to listen to him playing the piano and she accepted. There’s nowhere to sit so he told her to sit next to him but she said no bcs “I hated that whenever he touched me, he would reflexively make a disgusting expression. Also, I myself, who will be constantly hurt by it.”. She ended up sitting on the floor. He started playing “Love's Greetings” and she said it doesn’t suit him because he’s not that friendly to give that much affection. He then switched to “Love's Sorrow”.

Dani noted:
    "When you hear a song like this, you keep thinking depressingly. So I muttered, and I bowed my head even more. In fact, he was a man who could be sweeter than anyone else. I knew that. His sweetness was more precious because it was not given to anyone. So I had to keep it."

It's like when feelings of love are gone, all that's left is sorrow. She felt like she didn't deserve to be sad about this because she had always taken him for granted and would hit the hand he offered first and he would always try to hold onto the little things she gave him. :blob_teary:

Jiho then was overbearing and demanded to know who the person she likes. She said why do you keep asking things knowing I’d get hurt. He said simply, if she has nothing to hide, why would there be misery for her. He then offered to date her until graduation (bcs without Dani, he’d simply follow his parents and study abroad unlike his plan to apply to a Korean university to be with everyone pre-wipe).

Anyway, they fought and she told him finally that what she wanted from him is sincerity but he said he couldn’t do that because it wouldn’t be profitable for him. He also straight up told her why he needs to work so hard to change his way of living and how he’s taught from a young age for her.

She left, remembered about all the times he told her that she was someone who he couldn’t give up and thought to herself “That’s right, all the features Eun Jiho showed me was the products of his efforts to cut bones. (to change) Otherwise, he, who was so thorough in his calculations, always showed all his sincerity, was anxious because he couldn’t hold the hilt in his side, and when talking with me, he could never have been in an advantageous position.”

(The hilt is first referred back in volume 12 when they went on the trip to the villa. It's basically a way that Jiho allows her to make decisions and whatever she decides, he'll always be unarmed against her. It's going to be mentioned again in the side story)

Anyway, the study group would be cancelled for a week because of the annual Hanwool party.
    Dani at some point was questioning if feelings remained like it should, why was Jiho (and Jooin) acting like that? :blobcry:

I only wrote in details that much tbf. Whenever I have time to reread, I'll add some more though feel free for anyone who already read volume 15 to take over. :blobhug: The readers' reactions to Jiho this arc were all like: Shut up. :blobangery:

But anyway, there's always a lot to unpack Jiho and it's pretty important to understand him in 4 character arcs. Jiho is not a naturally kind and warm-hearted person and he still isn't. Iirc, he was out for blood when Choi Yuri almost hurt her. He really meant it when he said he became like he is because of Dani. Jooin also agreed that while Chunyoung would take kinder approach to someone who targets him, Jiho would be acting with malice and wouldn't care if it hurt him as well.
    I remembered when I first read his confession, it seemed a bit out of nowhere but the author really emphasised throughout the series that without Dani, Jiho would be living a very cold, unfeeling life.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  10. dearvalyria

dearvalyria New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm new here and just started reading from manhwa, tried to continue with novels but eng trnslations are not up to date, then I searched til found your spoilers, thank you for the detailes efforts! Juju imma cry bec of the twists and turns

forevxo, mangalover_101 and Evi_Chan like this.
  11. glitter89

glitter89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone have some sweet bits where Jiho's inner thoughts about Dani are shown? I know there's a lot of implicit scenes but I want some explicit straight-up "bb girl u the one for me" LOL

can be just scenes y'all remember or read, doesn't have to be translations hehe; I'm just craving some dani x jiho material

Thank you to all who translated so many bits for us :)

12. y7r8t76

y7r8t76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what was the thing he promised to never say to her?

13. chalant

chalant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The ones that stand out are in volume 5 and volume 7. Both instances are super sweet but also very angsty. Lots of pining.

I like the one in volume 5 (Article 19; ch. 219-220 in the English translation for reference). It has Jiho reminiscing about all the moments he's shared with Dani, all the way back to the day he first sat next to her in middle school. He didn't like her at the time and the thought of it makes him laugh. What makes it sad is that Jiho is telling himself he's going to give up on Dani after the day is over so he starts treating today as the last day he'll act on (even a fragment of) his feelings for her. He then starts wondering if he'd still fall in love with her if he had the chance to go back in time to the day he first sat next to her in middle school. Jiho just smiles to himself and comes to the conclusion that given the choice, he'd still fall for Dani all over again even if he knew he'd end up regretting it. He basically looks at this day as something he can look back on as a fond memory in the future but he'll always be longing for it because believes he'll never have it (i.e. being with Dani). Oh, and since he decided he'd give up after the day was over, Jiho wanted to see Dani make as many funny faces as possible because he cherishes all her different expressions so seeing a novel one makes him happy.

The one in volume 7 is when their classes are out on the field practicing for their athletic festival I believe. Jiho finds her in the crowd all too easily. Basically his inner thoughts were about how you could throw Dani into a crowd and a bunch of people would say she doesn't stand out at all, but Jiho can easily pick her out in a sea of people even just by her plain brown hair and he can't look away from her. His eyes can't help but follow her.

TL;DR Jiho can be a real cheeseball. :blobrofl:

Suzune, Diaryy, forevxo and 6 others like this.
  14. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me the drama with the new girl who started to become close with the Heroine and what she did to the MC to make her cry? If you go on rawdevart somewhere between chapter 70? (Maybe 80) - 91. Recent chapter Heroine said something dark to MC, lights in her eyes went dark

15. Fearless_Sten

Fearless_Sten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well in the novel i have read , Yeoryung said she don't want to see Dan for the time being . Its not because Yeoryung was suspicious of Dan or something , she just worry that if she continue to see Dan , the rumours will get worst and Dan will be in great trouble.
    About the new girl , she basically just a green tea wh*re and trying to act like a * nice friend * of Yeoryung , defending Yeoryung against the *evil things* Dan did ( obviously everyone knows that the new girl what all behind this thing cuz she was jealous of Dan who can get so close to Yeoryung and Jiho *especially when she likes Jiho*

Chunin likes this.
  16. athyxx

athyxx New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me how could Dan and Yeo Dan broke up?

17. chalant

chalant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's covered on the previous page under volume 10.

18. Evi_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest I’m so confused. I know Jiho and Dan I are endgame but I’m afraid that author will change something or Dan I will not forgive Jiho... I cried when I read that XD Thank you for spoilers once more ❤️

Diaryy likes this.
  19. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be absolutely livid if the publisher changes the ending of the manhwa :blobpopcorn:. I think Yu Han Ryeo is pretty absolute about the ending.
    She wrote the special ending to please the fans while adding on her blog how she doesn't agree with it bcs it goes against the narrative and undermines Dani's sacrifice, then went on to write all the side stories basically expanding the characters' earlier arcs + once again reaffirmed her stand about the narrative (esp w Jiho's character arcs that practically span over 4 arcs if you count their time at university as well).
    Gonna have a rant but:
    Honestly, the whole series have so much set-up that kind of hinted at how the final arc would be laid out, esp with the way she manifests the characters' fears into reality on multiple occasions.:facepalm:The ending is pretty much about being brave enough to face the uncertain future and knows that you can recover even if everything changes.
    She stated in her blog that if the special ending is canon, fear would forever loom over them because the memory recovered was not due to Dani's hard work. This is very much hinted in volume 13, I didn't get the meaning of this scene and how important it is to the whole theme until I reread the volume:
    (After it was reveal that this world is within a novel) Dani asked Jiho why he avoided her and was acting unlike himself. He answered it was because he wanted to test the extent of his will and realised that he could give up on his grades (which is his absolute pride and joy lol) but he couldn't quit her at will.
    She misunderstood and got angry, telling herself that she must never tell him the actual plot. She told him that she wished he could quit her like he wanted and it would have been better for her not hearing this.
    He then once again explained to her that despite him thinking that he likes her bcs of his heart, it might not be the case. Dani then asked if he is annoyed bcs someone made him like her.
    Jiho said no saying: "If the heart started in this way without my will, it can end suddenly even if it is not my will in this way."
    "Is it okay if I do something like that to you? I'm not okay. I'm nervous just thinking that someone makes me do that to you"
    And then he cried a lot while hugging Dani to the point he didn't notice that her heart was actually beating fast lmao.
    (Though he can be saying that he would be nervous if he were in her position. MTL is bad at pronouns and tends to mess up whose pov the original text said)
    Yu Han Ryeo really said: Imma do just that :blobcheeky: It's pretty cruel how he was pretty much stripped of his feelings without choosing to do, exactly what he fears 2 volumes ago but it's also important for both of them to go through this arc. I'll explain why for Jiho cuz by volume 15, most of the characters have resolved their issues except for he and Dani.
    Considering how quickly smitten Ruda is with Dani, Ruda's development really is about being a kind person in general and his own character arc basically ended in volume 8 with the whole school ranking. Ruda is similar to Jiho in that they both become better ppl for the one they love but Jiho lets down his guard in front of Dani only while Ruda opens himself up to everyone.

Chunyoung's whole arc is basically "I'm fine the way I am. You are fine the way you are as well" and he has no fear at all. The same with Yeoryeong. Chunyoung actually has a lot of similarities with the Ban siblings in their story line and characterisation. The only difference between Yeoryeong and Chunyoung is that she would be absolutely miserable without Dani while Chunyoung feels mostly empty at best. If Inso's Law isn't about molding your own future by actively pursuing it, Chunyoung can easily be the endgame because he really has fate on his side. Like, even the reason Chunyoung managed to have dreams about waiting for someone and then concluded that it was Dani is because he managed to establish a connection with the border between worlds in volume 4. IIrc, there's really no explanation for that but simply a coincidence.

Jooin's arc is about overcoming his self-loathe because he hates himself more than he hates others. Like time and time again you will see Jooin being skeptical and pointing out what others are thinking but he rarely acts upon it (how he told Jiho not to bring up RyungDan's fight again in the early chapters, to not pursuing who he wrote the notes for in volume 8, to not go after the truth about this world in volume 12) and rarely judges others for their flaws because he believes he's the worst of all lol. If Jooin's arc were completely solved thanks to Dani, it would end at volume 4 and he would go onto be like Ruda. Instead, it persisted. He felt even lonelier when Ruda became kind. It really showed that the conclusion of his arc has to rely on someone else, resulting in how he "regained" trust in Volume 15 by listening to No Ari instead. It was already foreshadowed or a repeated motif (?) that Jooin has to be pushed by external factors.

Meanwhile, imo, Jiho was set up for constant struggles and he would suffer the most without Dani because he could neither be a good person nor a happy person without her. With his upbringing, without the existence of Dani early on, Jiho is very much someone who only follows pure logic so it's extremely difficult for V15!Jiho to act on his feelings even if he even manages to retain any.
    I repeated this so many times :blobjoy: but Jiho is taught to always put aside personal feelings and be rational so he can get the most optimal future result. He has to think with a win in mind. Jiho embraces that teaching because he idolises his father and Chunyoung's brother so much that even with his lack of natural talents (unlike Chunyoung and Yeoryeong), he is very much willing to work hard to win. And because his success so far mostly comes from his work ethics, Jiho believes in his own volition to control a situation above all.
    Also unlike Chunyoung, Jiho has to deal with their high society more often so he becomes cold and guarded. Everyone is practically possible business partners to him and he becomes highly judgemental of people as a result. Since it is not his responsibility to make Jiho less of a judgemental a-hole nor he felt like he had the rights to as he was pretty much involved with Jiho's kidnapping case nor was Jiho ever proven wrong, Jooin sort of let him be. Only until they meet Dani, who is completely outside of their expectation, that Jooin really had someone to prove otherwise.
    Personally I think this whole arc sort of challenges the foundation of Jiho's character and forces him to properly face his fears that kind of got swept under since so many things happened. Let's go back to his fear of failures in volume 13 and the fear of the consequences of acting on his greed in volume 4. The latter can point to multiple aspects. :hmm:
    The consequence of bringing Dani into his world? Already solved after the kidnapping. The consequence on their friendship? Presumably not much of an issue since Jiho grabbed the chance the moment Yeodan breaks up. The only consequence that hasn't been addressed? Leaving his own world to go to hers and fears of failures, especially in high stake.
    There are things that he may not succeed doing even with hard work so he has to be brave enough to face uncertainties and prepares to fail. It's important for him not to make all of his decisions based on profitability, esp when it comes to love. This is why V15!Jiho has to call his other self and risks disappearing forever. Because although he has already technically "won" because she was still going to be with him regardless of his memory, it doesn't matter because the one she was looking for is the one with the memory. :blobsad:
    While it would be good if there's some other miracle or that his feelings somehow remain like Chunyoung, it's impossible since as I said Jiho's sweetness was only exclusive to her and if there's no her in the first place, he won't be like that at all. Yet, it's still consistent from beginning to end that Jiho will always end up falling for Dani irrationally and uncontrollably. I did wish the author elaborate further but glad that she didn't because if the author gave him a specific reason, it means his love for her is rational and this whole arc and volume 13 would fall apart. (Her vision lol. I noticed a few times where I didn't get initially but was then enlightened :hmm:)

20. Evi_Chan

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow... you actually know this much. I don’t know how to call their relationship. Is it beautiful? Is it brutal? I am almost an adult but I cry like a baby when I’m reading this :blobpats: Are you the author that you know so much? I don’t know how many thank you I will tell u but you deserve it.

Asya.M and Suzune like this.