Spoiler Inso's Law

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 22, 2019.

1. chalant

chalant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you've never heard of the trolley problem, it's essentially a series of ethical dilemmas looking at whether you should sacrifice the life of one person to save many. The utilitarian argument would be that you should sacrifice one person in order to save the lives of many others because you achieve the greatest good for the greatest number of people; essentially, you're minimizing casualties as well. If you pull the lever and the trolley kills that one person on the track, the other five on the other track get to live. It's a numbers game.

Contrast that with the deontological perspective, which argues that people should not be treated as tools or a means to an end and that sacrificing even one person despite good intentions is inexplicably wrong. The judgment is more focused on the action itself, not so much on the consequences.

In the first scenario Jooin presents, an overwhelming majority of respondents would push the lever and sacrifice one person to save five.

Jooin then changes the scenario a little: instead of a lever, this time there's a very large man at the top of the overpass. If you push him off the overpass and in front of the trolley, he'd stop the trolley and thus the five other people would be spared. Unlike the lever scenario, most people answered that they would not push the man (even the ones that said they'd pull the lever). This is likely because pushing the man off the overpass is much more deliberate and intended harm than pulling a lever, which is seen as more of a side-effect in saving others. Pulling the lever also distances the person from the situation more than actively pushing someone in harm's way.

Unlike most people, Jooin says he'd push the large man off the overpass. TLDR; the whole scene is just a tool to showcase Jooin's true nature, which is pragmatic, if not slightly sociopathic in nature, and that his moral conscience is a bit lacking compared to others.

Mikaa, maggiesaus and baiichi like this.
  2. baiichi

baiichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I added a bit more to volume 11 spoiler upon rereading.

forevxo likes this.
  3. Izubaru

Izubaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the webtoon is at part where they had a fight during a volleyball game can anyone spoil it?

4. chalant

Reading List:
    Link
    Yuri's friends from class 1 keep targeting Dani during the game because of Yuri's unceremonious transfer with the rumours and whatnot. The 4HKs + Yeoryeong and Dani's class 8 friends get super pissed off so eventually, Eunhyung and Jeongin decide to organize a test of courage to make their two classes get along. This is just setup for the rest of the arc, which focuses on Jooin's past and it also introduces the old school building which serves as a place of some plot significance for way later in the story.

greeneyedfairy, Veille and Mikaa like this.
  5. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a small questiuon,,
    Regarding that hooman on insta that were giving spoilers and translating latest webtoon chapters,,
    @uniee_11 if im not mistaken,,
    Her/his insta was deleted, does anyone know if that person still translate/give spoilers about inso's law on some other account or social media?

If someone know,, could u DM me whats his/her nick??

6. Happiness

Happiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder this manhwa will take how long time to ending. Novel have many chapters.:whistle:

7. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    8 more years if the schedule is at this pace and nothing changes. Though, it depends on how streamlined the manhwa is going to be.

forevxo and Mikaa like this.
  8. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Woahh--

Rn i think the artist will shorten it or abbadon the series after finishing one of seasons,,

9. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if she shortens it, it'd probably take about 6-7 more years. Unless the sales isn't good, I don't see a reason for abandoning the series since the artist signed up knowing how long the novel is. This is a pretty good long-term employment lmao.

forevxo, manvugu and Mikaa like this.
  10. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    But the artist can not be passionate about the series anymore,, or can even start kinda hating it,,

There is still probability,,

And would u want to work on something u don't like anymore?? monotone work is not always fun

And about the 'monotone', i mean it in a way that artist style doesn't rlly change, and for the artist it could be monotone [but it still change,, i could pin point some evolutions if u, pple who read this, want to read about it] and some people dont like doing smth monotone for years..
    Since visibly changing the webtoon/manga artstyle often must fight with hate and confusion of readers
    (for example- who is who, etc.)
    (Sorry for my rant/vent,, It's just my personal opinion,)

Sorry for my messy writing and english

Edit: genderbend is in volume 4th (and it was time limited-??)

Edit *again*-- anyone have noted all 'laws' in inso?? Or know where to find them??

(I tried to search on namu wiki,, but MTL was rlly confusing,, so i found nothing.)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
  11. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    It's best for you to use the same color and font size for everything so it's easy to read but as I said, it would still be very irresponsible for her to abandon it halfway when the manhwa started its release from 31 March 2019, when the novel had just completed. (the epilogue was released on 1st April 2019). At the end of the day, she has a contract and it's a job. She signed up for it knowing how long it is and how much creative control she has since it's an adaptation only.
    Unless there's problems between her and the studio (like what's going on w Solo Leveling allegedly) or bad sales or D&C decided to cut it short (like what happened w Abandoned Empress), she'll probably follow through its conclusion. If she gets bored, she'll probably not adapt the side stories. How long it takes will depend on how Ahyeon decided to streamline the novel because the length of the series is mostly due to the amount of inner thoughts Yu Han Ryeo gave to the characters, something the artist can compressed with good art paneling that says a lot with the least amount of words.
    For a tangible comparison: It took Raeliana series less than 5 years to finish and it's only 3 volumes + 1 volume of side stories. Meanwhile, within 2 years, Ahyeon had already managed to adapt 3+ volumes.

If what you want is the article titles, then I can compile it for you but the laws are arbitrary, they're only mentioned in passing.

forevxo, Jukki and Mikaa like this.
  12. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Or like what happened with "this girl is a little wild" :blobpensive:

Ohh,, :'(.
    Kinda sad that there is no article about it,, since they are an important thing in Inso,, :blobsad:

And sorry about that
    I wanted my comment to be visible till someone will give those laws,, so i could put a link in spoiler curator
    (I'll change it a lil,, but some colors will stay for a while,, sorry again)

13. dionpie

dionpie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I discovered this manhwa, I really was super excited because this is one of the best manhwa that I've ever read and has nice artstyle!!

Mikaa likes this.
  14. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a queation about 15th cover of the novel:
    Is the girl Dan I, perhaps?
    x9788926718766 (1).jpg
    She kinda doesn't look like the previous Dan I's:
    IMG_20210415_101750.jpg IMG_20210415_101839.jpg IMG_20210415_101736.jpg
    (2nd one is the prettiest in my opinion > <)
    And weren't her hair lighter color later on??
    (It was mentioned a lil bit before tiramisu situation in webtoon)

U know what?
    Just ignore this comment

15. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that's Dani. Though the middle pic you showed is more likely to be the other Dani since the illustration depicts their primary school's graduation.

Mikaa likes this.
  16. chalant

Reading List:
    Link
    The middle one is a different artist. The first and third ones are by 솔 sol/yooani, who drew the novel covers starting from volume 11 and also drew the headshots for the student profiles that came with the volume 10 + 11 LEs. The first Dani is one of those. The middle one which is from the volume 10 cover is by 녹시 nokcy, who did all the art for volumes 1-10 including the art for the drama CD covers that came with the LEs.

I don't see much difference between the first and third picture honestly. You can tell it's the same artist because of the coloring + the facial structure. The eyes are a dead giveaway to me as well.

I will say though that nokcy's style varied a lot for whatever reason. Jiho especially looked different with every rendition of him that nokcy drew.

Mikaa and mangalover_101 like this.
  17. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou verymuch,, i will check the nokcy artist sama :blob_pompom:
    (I knew the 1st and 3rd lil pictures are from the same artist,, i wrote the comment becc i was confused at first,, cause there are some visible changes in yooani artstyle, so for a while i trought it was someone else,,)

18. aadawne17

aadawne17 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for correcting my post
    the spoilers are quite a lot so this is confusing especially in the AU story with some possible endings.

zozoshawky likes this.
  19. baiichi

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, there's only 1 canon ending. There are 20 chapters that specifically lead to the special ending. The rest are just side stories.

I can't really shorten the spoilers tbh because of the sheer amount of stuffs happening in v10-15 and there are things I didn't get until my 2nd reading. I put as much as possible in so people can see if there might be any contradictions with the spoilers by having enough context.

20. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    When did Dani #1 and Dani #2 memory mixed?
    Also also,, i have another question:
    It was said in some spoilers that the Dani that was originally in haegarim's world/childhood friends with Ban yeo,, 'died', her existence 'dissapeared' while she was traveling trough worlds, right?
    When EXACTLY did she dissapeared for good?
    At the beggining? or later on in the story??

:blobparty::blob_pompom:And thankyou verymuch for spoilers!!:aww::blobsmilehappyeyes: