Intelligence

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Silver Snake, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I'm an intelligent person. I really don't. Some people have expressed how they think I am intelligent, and it's not that I don't believe them, but it's more like I can understand and accept that that's what they believe from their point of view. Like just because someone tells me I'm smart doesn't mean I'll actually think I'm smart.

You see, the reason why I think I'm so slow is because it can take me hours to years to figure stuff out. Like a really, really, exorbitantly long time. And I don't even know what I'm trying to figure it, I only know that I'm missing something. And so, because it takes me such a long time to figure some stuff out, I just assume everyone else already knows it.

Now I know of the common adage that most people in the world are stupid, but it's not as if I could easily or quickly gauge a person's intelligence. And because I cannot evaluate the world as quickly as I can evaluate myself, I just assume most people are smarter than me.

So I tend to to say words like obviously, or, "I'm sure you already realize that, " and stuff like that. Now I understand how some people could get offended by such words, as if I were trying to insult their intelligence. But I assure you it's not the case. It's more so about how I view myself than how I view a stranger.

Does anyone else have thoughts about intelligence or their own intelligence? I believe how a person views themselves affects the way they act greatly.

lychee likes this.
  2. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Why dumb people think they are the smartest and intelligent people think they aren't intelligent?
    It is simple.
    Dumb person is aware of a 100 things. Knows well enough about 90 things. Thinks he is a professional.
    Smart person aware of 10 000 things. Knows well enough 2 000 things. Thinks he is dumb.

0000000 and ongoingwhy like this.
  3. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”

― George Carlin

4. NamGi

NamGi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so retarded I didn't even get one word you said

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    I know dumbtruck is dumb....
    3 kind of genius, genius among idiot, self proclamation genius and genius among genius....

nah.. rarely think about it for this cat as long as you know what you can do or what you know~
    hmm humble~
    it is hard to try not underestimate something or try to think from other perspective
    so this cat try to be blunt when come to.... do you understand? no? let's try again....

still it is hard when meet with stubborn cat who not wanna learn from mistake until it death~ worse stubborn + selfish + dragging other together to pit

iq and eq~ balance on both side that excellent intelligent

6. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think intelligence matters as much as people think in this world.

As long as you have a good work ethic, are a decent person, and get along with people, you’ll hit most of the bases in life.

IMO, intelligence isn’t the same as wisdom either, and I think wisdom is more important.

You could be as slow as a turtle, but if you’re a wise turtle then still people will travel from miles to hear your words

7. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    That is the attitude of an intelligent person. So don’t lose that, but know that you are considered intelligent to the average ppl so rmb your worth

8. Neku

Neku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the distribution of intelligence a bell curve?

9. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Although my mouth always I'm smart when I was with my friends, I genuinely think that I'm not real smart, but I read too much and remember some. Sometimes I got in an argument with my family because they said I downplayed my achievement too much, but from my perspective, I'm lazy and can't really compete with my friends, not the best in my favourite subjects, and always remained in the middle of the totem pole when it came to everything else.

I know this will come off as a narcissistic prick that show-off by pretending to be humble, but that's my true thought. I'm just a medium-sized fish in a small pool, can't be compared to the monsters that existed in the vast ocean of life.