Internet Bill of Rights

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by defry, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that it is important to get a bill of rights for the internet. The same way rights of freedom, equality & free speech are important & part of what makes society civilized.
    I think we need something like this for the internet... people get jobs or even their social media profiles are searched/needed to get most jobs. The internet has become part of our public space or the virtual world is our own public place where he discuss, debate & share with each other.

I think it is important that we have a bill of rights, that way we have a precedent where companies, the government or anyone would not trample over the freedom to explore the internet, discuss & share the internet. This way we can prevent censorship or bullying... we can stand up by having the rule of law back up our rights on the internet.

Anyone that is interested to help, feel free to sign up here:
    https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/protect-free-speech-digital-public-square-0

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Politics isn't allowed on the forums. Sorry.

That aside, I'm extremely amused to note that it seems like you're basically asking the gov't to tell @Tony he can't ban people on the forums anymore. If that kind of law is eventually passed, I can only imagine how utterly disconsolate he'll be.

DocB and Alfha Robby like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.