Interview

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deus1, Mar 26, 2023.

1. Deus1

Deus1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel brought you here?
    What kept you here?
    How long have you been here?
    Do you still enjoy fooling around in here?

Lastly, what question would you like to ask a fellow user(or me)?

I saw some streamer interviewing his viewers and I found the interactions meaningful. Let this be quite insightful as well.

Oh, and he always asked his viewers how their love lives were going. Well, his questions were about name, location, age, occupation and their similarities to himself, too. But these questions are very personal I think. Also, he asked what animes they watch.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Coiling Dragon

The community

Almost since its inception

Sort of

Are we more prone to boredom than non-members?

Deus1 likes this.
  3. puukkiss

puukkiss I'm Keeping My Eye On You!

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember.​
    What kept you here?
    I've been searching for new novels, and I also post links to my translations :p
    There should be a number under my avatar, although I only started posting here recently. I'm not big on communicating on the internet. I'm more of a passive observer, like an eye.​
    Yes? No? I enjoy helping out, so when people ask for translation help, I try my best as a person who knows zero Chinese. I have multiple machine translation programs, and Chat GPT has been a big help in the last few months.​
    What type of novels are your guilty pleasure? In other words, what type of novels do you read no matter how bad they are because they just speak to your soul? For me, it's horror novels. I used to read a lot of "face-slapping" novels, but I might have overdosed it and developed an allergy to them.​
    Are we more prone to boredom than non-members?
    Most bored people are tiktak scrollers. ​

Deus1 likes this.
  4. SylviaViolet

SylviaViolet Toast to the ones that we lost on the way⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    I read a lot of translated novels on before discovering NU so it's kind of hard for me to answer this, but I ended up on this site while trying to search for a non Wuxia/Xianxia Chinese novel.

On NU, just searching for new novels or checking rec lists, NUF I joined after enjoying the atmosphere at the Scribblehub forum and being told that there are a lot more active users here.

I've been using NU since maybe 2017 and I started using the forum around 2 years ago.

Yes, there are quite a few interesting people here and even if a lot of us don't read the same novels, it's nice being around people with similar interests.

To be honest, given the nature of the site, if there's anything to ask I've already done it so I don't really have much here.

Deus1 likes this.
  5. Tarawa

Tarawa [Clubs] [Zam!]

Reading List:
    Link
    its not a novel, really.. i just run out novel to read and my friend recommend this site.. as for my first novel.. if i remember correctly is either I Shall Seal the Heaven, Battle through the Heaven, or Stellar Transformation..
    What kept you here?
    its a fun community, chaotic even at the earlier time.. even though i a only lurking.. the shennanigans is funny. and at that time every new novel seem interesting
    Start reading in 2016.. joining nuf in early 2017 (this here is clone, too lazy to switch)
    i create this clone to mingle with nuffian
    if you decide to quit nuf.. would you at least checking in and say hi once every few months ?

Deus1 likes this.
  6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link

I was looking for another site to read novels at because the one I was at was closing
    What kept you here?
    I still find wonderful novels to read here and like hanging out with people similar interests
    Since almost from the beginning
    Yes, I do. I have never had many bad experiences here. Once in a blue moon I do, but it’s so rarely that I can count them on one hand. And that’s counting over the seven years I’ve been here
    How are you liking the site?

Name:
    Chris
    Mobile Engineer in the medical field
    Anime:
    By The Grace Of The Gods

Love life:
    Complicated

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    Deus1 likes this.
  7. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels on batoto novel recommendation list, it was in 2015. So old, thanks for remainder:blobReach:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
    Tarawa and Deus1 like this.
  8. Deus1

Deus1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At least us members can do member things, which alleviates the boredom more than doing nothing to a certain degree. So, in that sense, I would say that we should actually be less prone to boredom than non-members.
    My guilty pleasures currently aren't novels on this site anymore. My pleasures were about sick protagonists, who had to take care of their healths and were still in a way really overpowered. Currently, my guilty pleasure are different kind of stories - namely, those in the form of youtube videos, where somebody recaps some manhwas or manhuas for me. I have many examples listed on my signature in that regard.
    Fair enough.
    Probably, yes. As Cutter Masterson said, the people here are in a way like-minded to me.
    I am enjoying it whenever I am super bored. To see some fossils (people, who were here from the start) still interacting with the community and keeping everything alive, is quite nice, to be honest. It's chill.

otaku31 and Tarawa like this.
  9. Esha07

Esha07 ☄your favorite meanie࿐ྂ

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically it was not any novel—
    I came here to earn money...and I am not even joking!
    The forum threads and community honestly.
    It's fun, I like the people here
    Being introvert as I am in irl, I can easily mingle here.
    As you can see...it's already been a year.
    I am still quite new <3
    Lots. Tho I sometimes feel that I am being very detached and it's kind of lonely?
    I am a conversation bummer indeed.
    Anyway I enjoy fooling and goofing around alot!
    En, will be there be a time when you will not be able to come online?

Deus1 likes this.
  10. Deus1

Deus1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe when I don't have internet or am homeless I guess. So I don't think so

Esha07 likes this.
  11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    To NU, probably Moonlight Sculptor, or some Japanese novel. Can't remember anymore. To NUF, it took me some time cause I'm lazy about joining forums and stuff.

The need for no strings attached interaction.

I always think since 2016, then I look at the date I joined under my avatar (2015) and can't even remember what I did that year. I spent three years as a hikikomori where I didn't create any new memories. Wasted years, but my most comfortable years.

Yeah, because humans need interaction and I can't be bothered with twitter.

Question: Has your taste in novels changed a lot compared to when you first started reading?

Deus1 likes this.
  12. Deus1

Deus1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I was into all the generic and basic high ranking novels, later realised they all share too many overused tropes, so I became more stingy for what I was willing to read, until I believed to have read the pinnacle of webnovels and stopped reading from then on.

ludagad likes this.
  13. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel brought you here? Probably some japanese novels about healing and slow life. I don't remember it
    What kept you here? Reading novels when I don't have manga/hua/hwa to read. Now, I don't read them anymore and focus on novels.
    How long have you been here? Since 2015, I was attending college at that time, i advance a lot of courses the sem. before and so had a lot of time. I just made an account few years ago because it's easier to compile novels I've already read and to be able to ask for recommendation.
    Do you still enjoy fooling around in here? I do, but i probably shouldn't.

Deus1 likes this.
  14. Deleted member 314196

Deleted member 314196 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    HenNeko
    Boredom?
    2 years I think?
    Yep~
    So, this love life thing. What is it?

Deus1 likes this.
  15. Deleted member 504622

Deleted member 504622 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    - I was looking for "Free in Dreams" web novel after it was recommended by my niece.

What kept you here?
    - Tried to educate myself with web novels, manga, and manhwa.

- Since January 28th of 2023.

- I only engage if someone engages with me. I sometimes comment.

- What do you think is the deal with Korean manhwas, there is so much school violence. It worries me because this is what my nephews and nieces read mostly.

Also, he asked what animes they watch.
    - I've watched Slam Dunk and Naruto with my nephew during the pandemic lockdown. I gifted him the DVD versions (so I don't have to watch them online. Hurts my head and eyes). He's trying to get me into some new ones. The one with Kaisen (please remind me what that is) and Attack on Titan. There are so many episodes. I think I'll have a stroke at this point.

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo and Deus1 like this.
  16. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Like most, I can't remember. But I remember searching for more female lead wuxia and xianxia novels.

I knew long before that there was a forum side to novel updates. But I didn't have an intention to interact with plebs. When @Archaic pickle posted on my profile and gave me red notif, that was my debut in nuf.

Look at my profile. Lmao I'm lazy to recall the year.

It's still alright to bully new people every now and then. Right @UnknownTakuaN ?

There are some sentimental people who leave the forum after saying their friends are all gone and there's no use staying at the site anymore. They get stuck in the past and can't accept the new people who were only active recently.

So what can you say to your past cringe self? :blobrofl::blobrofl:

Deleted member 310942 and Deus1 like this.
  17. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    YAH WHAT MARSHEMELO SAID :blobhero:

18. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    I take it as you consenting to bullying you. Thanks for falling for the trap.

Deleted member 310942 likes this.
  19. Deleted member 310942

Deleted member 310942 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    YOU'RE SO NICE TO ME MARSHMELO :blobmelt:

20. Kelsealoufromkalamazoo

Kelsealoufromkalamazoo [The Luckiest Sunfish]

Reading List:
    Link
    1. A Transmigrator’s Privilege. I read the manwha and someone mentioned there was a novel, so I decided to give it a shot.
    2. I became addicted to novels. I hardly read manwha or watch anime anymore. I also really like the community here and I have friends on here.
    3. I have been here since April 2022 (no freaking way it’s been almost a year)
    4. Yeah, I really like it here
    5. No question, just want to wish you a good day!

Mr. Tired and Deus1 like this.