TV Into the Badlands

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Conspiring Cactus, May 27, 2017.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Iron Fist

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Into the Badlands

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  1. Conspiring Cactus

Conspiring Cactus Active Member

Reading List:
    Link

Into the Badlands has got to the most wuxia-esque American television series I've ever watched thus far. In my opinion, it might be better than Iron Fist (which I found so much cheesier - and Rand is a bit too dumb for my tastes). I saw the "Into the Badlands vs Iron Fist" discussion but I thought that it'd be better to make a TV thread for this show anyways.

Introduction: Swords and fists are law in the post-apocalyptic world. The Badlands, ruled by the Barons, is one of the safe havens that still exist in that world. Sunny, our protagonist, has undying loyalty towards his Baron but all that changes when he comes across an interesting teenager, and as his relations with a woman developed to new levels.

If you can't imagine what this series is like, think of Borderlands but with swords and martial arts instead of guns. There's a hint of fantasy wafting around but it doesn't really affect the story much in Season 1 (which is worse than Season 2). The fantasy aspect of the series increases in Season 2 as the story moves outside of the Badlands.

I'd recommend to watch this series with an open mind as some scenes are just cringeworthy and characters look out of place. The pace of the story is laughable and the plot gets confusing at times. However, if you're into martial arts, this is the show for you.

So, are you planning on watching it? If you've already watched it, what do you think about the show? Do you think that any American shows can match up to this one in terms of fight scenes?

ps. The fight scenes kind of reminds me of The Matrix.
    pps. Interesting reddit thread that compares Into the Badlands characters with traditional Chinese wuxia hero types

2. Taizen

Taizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both are trash in my opinion. I dropped Badlands because his gf was black, and Iron First was so illogical. If I had to choose one, I would say Badlands is better.

3. LelouchViBritannia

LelouchViBritannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fighting is similar to the matrix because they had the same choreographer and the asian dude was in the matrix aswell

Conspiring Cactus likes this.
  4. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate that show. Iron fist. Omfg it's racist as fuck, the MC WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ASIAN!!!

5. Dont_Don

Dont_Don Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a good show, but the choice in some of the actors leaves me shaking my head.

6. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't seen badlands but Iron Fist sucked. I had such high hopes based on how the other Marvel-Netflix shows have been. Sigh.

Conspiring Cactus likes this.
  7. Linley

Linley 【Linlin】【The Love Doctor】【NUF Nicknamer】

Reading List:
    Link
    What's wrong with having a black girlfriend?

8. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    Historical inaccuracy (which is somewhat pardonable) or straight-out racism? If it's the latter fuck right off mate

9. Lonjest

Lonjest Dahar Master

Reading List:
    Link
    What he's saying is no self respecting asian will have a black GF. Or he just really hates interracial couples, specially if they're black. :p

Taizen likes this.
  10. Taizen

Taizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what I'm saying.
    What the fuck is wrong with society these days, people can't have an opinion? So what if I don't want a black gf, that's wrong of me? No it's just preference. YOU can piss off pentadrian.

11. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    iF you're going to say BS like that check 1st
    in the comic's he never was read the bio https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Fist_(comics)
    basic marvel ripped of the 70's movies for the idea
    if you want to say that about the screw up of ghost in the shell then i'll back up a 100% as they screwed everything up in that the only thing they did get right was sec 9 boss Aramaki
    and Batou's pet beagle

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  12. StormHawk

Reading List:
    Link
    Watching the same story is not fun after all. So they changed some stuff. Well many stuff but it's for the audience. So they say.

13. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    forgive me , on witch one we talking about iron fist or my moan about ghost ? ( i've just woken back up after a nap and some meds so heads not fully working :))

14. StormHawk

Reading List:
    Link
    Ghost. Careful when taking med. last time I took those back pain med, I was high as fuck because I took it three times because of my stupid head forgetting everything.

Pizz0011 likes this.
  15. Pizz0011

Reading List:
    Link
    i've had a neck op for my c3-c6 replaced so i'm on some fun ones ,,that's why i was i little :D
    i do agree about the same story but when it has not respect to the basic stuff it was going to fail no matter what you could have just called it something else and no one would have known as xyz sci fi film staring xyz they got a few things like the gheshi dolls etc right
    but Batou's eye's and stuff like that are canon and i hate it totally change cannon for no reason
    also it was basicly .." lets cut the best bits out of all the anime and mash it i"and hope no one notices it BS that got me the most