Spoiler Iris - The Lady and her Smartphone

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by mikeyla, Dec 24, 2019.

1. aienmoon

aienmoon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I discovered the webtoon in 2019 and got to i think 40/50ish chapters, and decided to just bookmarked the story and wait out till the ending coz i feel frustrated at the plotholes and the wench nera. Now at June 2021 there's still no news of her end??:blobastonished:

2. Geedi

Geedi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude they got rid of the empres before her. Usaly people like nera are a small fry and get dealt with max first 40-50 chaps. I think the author like her own creation too much

Chunin and DOHere like this.
  3. Manhwa fan

Manhwa fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. TETE1995

TETE1995 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Iris is kind of overpowered now I feel. The story was going well but then she's getting quite Mary Sue in that any issue is always solved by her and it's always an opportunity for someone to marvel at how great she is.

5. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the same way. The four guys don’t even get a chance to shine anymore. This writer should have at least let the other characters be relevant through the end but it just seems like window dressing now.

6. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am dying to know what happen to Nera in the end?

Ophelia_Hecate and DOHere like this.
  7. Rose Nightingale

Rose Nightingale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree. We need to see the other characters shine more and be relevant to the plot because that's why you have other characters in stories. I have literally forgot everyone besides Iris, Nera, and the ML. And I only remember the ML, because he's the ML and he's basically just a prize Iris has won at this point so she can be the empress. His little elite group might as well be background mob characters. They can't do anything against the genius that is Nera or come up with anything remotely good compared to the genius that is Iris. And they have a literal genius in their group who is just Iris's manufacturer now. He never comes up with anything on his own anymore. His brains, and everyone else's, died when Iris walked in.

Furiae19 and Tobbit like this.
  8. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No kiddin' At this point the four elites are just a bunch of good-looking simps/mobs use as a decorative frame around Iris and the ML. Only existing to praise, validate and marvel at everything Iris does or get used as a human stepping stone to help her get ahead.

And a personal note, I find that the author doesn't know how to write men.
    You got your cliche blonde blue-eyed prince charming who's unrealistic perfect in every way, you got your group of male harem who simps for her as if they've never seen a female before in their lives acting like total virgins.
    I find her brother Annekin super creepy for having a sis-con complex for his sister. I mean what kind of Brother refuses to date until her younger sister finds someone perfect to settle down with.
    No brother or any man for that matter with a healthy sex drive does that. Either pursue Iris as a romantic interest or get yourself laid with some random girl you damn virgins!!
    Come to think of it, any realistic portrayal of men who don't simp for just Iris is considered the bad guys in this webtoon.
    I mean, Ian didn't have an interest in women until Iris came along. My god, he should've been gay because it's not realistic for a handsome straight guy to abstain from women unless he's impotent or gay.
    Even the Author from the Remarried Empress knows that which is why the ML was a playboy before meeting the Empress!
    All the good men in this webtoon are just Idealistic good looking virgins simping for a girl that only one of them gets to f*ck.
    Sadly, Howard is more realistic as a man than any of them put together.

Boopbup likes this.
  9. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil me with the spoilers already I'm actually sick and tired of this Webtoon already, I just want to know what happens to Nera!!! UHGE This is like watching twilight all over again. Its slow pace, little to no action, All the villains (minus Nera) are stupid & one-dimensional that I actually pitied them than hate them, Barely any real magic, if it wasn't for the time-traveling bit, it hardly even qualifies as a fantasy trope, All handsome men minus the ML are just accessories now, and Iris is basically an OP Mary Sue at this point and I despise the kind of character she's become so I don't give a shit about her. I wanna skip to Neras upcoming.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  10. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow still no news about Nera idk why it suddenly caught my eyes to read this again. I'm so disappointed. Honestly I do find some spoiler but most of them are theories.. And some discussion right?? This is spoiler thread right??? Not discussion one. But hmm nvm. It been awhile I read iris. I dropped it cuz it look boring. :facepalm: anyways nera still live huh. Can't believe the author made the villan more strong than mc. Plot so mess it make me more confused...? :blobunamused:

Ark182 likes this.
  11. Celebrianna

Celebrianna ❤️‍Solo Leveling❣️

Reading List:
    Link
    Since this story seems to be quite makjang, I started the novel today on Tappytoon Novels. It just might be entertaining in a soap opera kind of way so I’m giving it a try. Novels on there include:
    • What It Takes to be a Villainess
    • Villainess Lives Twice
    • Villainess Recerses the Hourglass
    • Tender Heart (Sincerely the duke’s maid)
    • Light and Shadow
    • The Abandoned Empress (for those who don’t hate it)
    • Adelaide
    • Priscilla’s Marriage
    • Iris and her Smartphone
    • Father, I Don’t Want to Get Married
    • Empress from Another World
    • Villainess’s Maker
    • Villainess for a Tyrant

Ophelia_Hecate, rock.doll and Chunin like this.
  12. Sansushira

Sansushira Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LoL.. No info about nera yet?? Aww.. :facepalm:

DOHere likes this.
  13. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    2 new chapters came out today & whoa looks like Nera got married to Iris trash ex-fiance? Her baby daddy is also at the wedding. Not sure if she will be exposed here (most likely not) but she is freaking the fuck out. He stands in front of her and her 'husband' gross

Boopbup likes this.
  14. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope he rats her out Infront of every one ! Feels nice to see her freaking out

Chunin likes this.
  15. bigredqueen

bigredqueen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. It’s almost feel like Nera is the heroine of this story, she’s just eternal LOL
    It looks like Gionni comes cos of Iris’ advice? He looks nothing like old Gionni :blobowoevil_horns: way to go, boi!

Ophelia_Hecate and Boopbup like this.
  16. Caliii

Caliii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already dropped this because i think it was too dragged still i wanted to know nera's downfall. Also to lily thank you so much for spoiling us. And to rock.doll for disseminating it. I hope you both had good food everyday HAHAHAHA.

Ophelia_Hecate likes this.
  17. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than the father, I think it was his mother's fault for spoiling him that he ended up this kind of entitled a**hole. His father only seems to scold him for the perverted scumbag he is. He doesn't seem to be mentally ill, being an idiot is something else.

18. Ark182

Ark182 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess your right my bad for ranting like a dolt, But I still stand by my statement that this webtoon still sucks. The moment I find out about Nera I'm dropping this shitting webtoon.

DOHere likes this.
  19. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter came out. I guess she got exposed for having relationship with her baby daddy. I don't think they know about her pregnancy, but the her newly husband punched her in the face in front of everybody. She may have gotten married, but she lost face in social circle & not only that married life will she torturous for her. And Iris dad doesn't support her either so she's really all on her own

DOHere and skytempest like this.
  20. Boopbup

Boopbup Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saw the new chapter, looks like baby daddy crashed the wedding and nera got punched in the face.