Irotoridori no Sekai Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by TamaSaga, Feb 24, 2019.

1. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Backed! Thank you again everyone for your assistance!:blobokhand:

Getting the word out that a Kickstarter for Irotoridori no Sekai is in the works. 10 days left.

[​IMG]

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/solpress/irotoridori-no-sekai-a-visual-novel-by-favorite/

Irotoridori no Sekai is a very long visual novel that Sol Press is planning to localize. Sol Press is the translation company that localized Newton and the Apple Tree by Laplacian.

[​IMG]
    My experience from the Newton and the Apple Tree Kickstarter:
    From Kickstarter to Translation completion, Sol Press gave us continuous progress reports and had everything in that ~20 hour long game translated in about 6 months. Then that Steam debacle happened where they were removing all-ages VN's because of "adult" content. So the release 8 months after the Kickstarter was basically due to bad timing.

Translation quality wise, I thought it was perfect. If there were any mistakes, then I didn't notice them. Although you'll have to take this with a grain of salt since I am an avid fanfiction reader.

So yeah, I have nothing bad to report regarding Sol Press's speed, quality and customer service.

Now as for Favorite Games themselves, I hesitate to put this out there because of how Sekai Project botched it, but there is another game by Favorite that has been "localized." Has anyone heard of Hoshizora no Memoria (https://vndb.org/v1474)?
    [​IMG]

I honestly wouldn't try out the Sekai Project localized version until they finish their retranslation (another 2 years maybe?), but for those of us that have encountered Fuwanovels in the past...there was a fan translation out for that game before SP licensed it.

And the reason why I'm shilling for Irotoridori no Sekai is because I was really happy with Hoshizora no Memoria. The soft colors, the lovely music, an extensive heartwarming story, mysterious atmosphere and a fun cast of characters. Especially that girl that shows up for like 0.01% of the game that smugly spouts "Dame Ningen...kusu kusu..." (Rin)

One of my favorite songs from the game:

If you haven't or aren't willing to try out Hoshizora, I encourage you to at least check out the opening animation. There's just something about that meteor at the beginning...

Anyway, just getting the word out. I haven't played Irotoridori yet, but I've had high hopes for it for years now. Hopefully we'll collect enough for all 3 Irotoridori games, but I'd be happy with one for now.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    XenoRaku likes this.
  2. XenoRaku

XenoRaku 「Punished Lolicon」「Ugly Bastard」「Haunted」「NEET」

Reading List:
    Link
    Dayum i i remember playing hoshizora no memoria years ago
    i didn't finish them all cause i forgot about it the only route i finished is with the girl that is a little deaf on her left/right ear
    and the h-scene with his "sister"

TamaSaga likes this.
  3. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Hadn't heard of that, i've just seen a lot of VNs released, and then 18+ version patches either being DLCs (usually free, but I don't have enough information as I haven't seen too many on steam to be 100%), needing to go into settings or just download from somewhere else.

4. TamaSaga

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hoshizora no Memoria

The Loli Route...
    [​IMG]
    *checks my hardrive*

*yup still installed *

[​IMG]

TamaSaga likes this.
  6. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it nukige?

7. TamaSaga

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm...I don't know, but it probably isn't. In order to have nonstop "action", Nukiges tend to be short, 2-4 hours in length max. Irotoridori is a long game, 40 hours+ so if it were a nukige, that'd be one hell of a lot of "content".

If your question is actually about whether the game will have adult scenes...then this one I'm not so sure about. I'd guess that they'll do what other publishers normally do nowadays, provide an all-ages version and an 18+ patch.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    DZ_Spellcaster likes this.