Question Is ATG Good novel?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Agroofacti, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agroofacti

Agroofacti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi i'm kinda new to the mortal world and i've read some of the cultivation novels like HJC,KOG,AGM and i'm planning to read ATG.
    I've heard a lil bit spoiler about it and how the story and the mc turned different.
    So fellow daoist, immortal daoist out there what's your opinion?

2. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s a fun journey... I found it to be genuinely good for only about the first 500 chaps, where it’s at now I’m just enjoying it for how bad it’s become. If you feel like you could do the same I’d recommend it~:blobokhand:

juniorjawz likes this.
  3. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on how you read it. When you reach the first time the hype kind of covers any glaring flaws... But the second you take a step back there are a lot of issues. I stopped reading it a long time ago and from what I've heard it hasn't gotten better from the point I stopped so I guess my answer would be no.

69 others and eray.gns like this.
  4. die4jingshi

die4jingshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was enjoyable at the beginning, but the story kind of gets repetitive after a while...

5. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A lot of the MC’s problems are self inflicted so if you don’t mind that then go right ahead.

6. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoy it. It’s been written with a higher quality than most cultivation books. Sure, there are flaws ans holes, but overall it’s a fun read

7. Apia

Apia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its worth it in the beginning.

8. b1w2c3

b1w2c3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stuck with it till the 1000ish chapters. I enjoyed the family arc but i agree with what everyone else is saying about it being repetitive. Better choices would be Coiling dragon and desolate era. You seem to have chosen HJC, which is also a good choice. The system is different from most but the story is still enjoyable

9. Aleff Null

Aleff Null Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like the others... it was good at first, but after 300~500~ chapters... We joke about Rape-Che and his adventures. Just shut down your brain a little and keep reading if you want xD

10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    No it isnt. The first few chapters are alright but it is only downhill from there.

11. Dxynix

Dxynix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I barely read cultivation novels nowadays because they tend to drag on too long, been a long time since I've read ATG. I've even grown a Korean novel bias, since they usually stop when they should. Think I was around chapter 1500~, MC had flaws but those flaws made him more human. If you're not trying to get like the perfect MC and don't mind repetitiveness, I'd say go for it.

12. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it could be a 5/10 at most, and I have a heavy premonition that author wants to drop it...

13. Sleep-deprived-enthusiast

Sleep-deprived-enthusiast |Daydreaming Literate Mon~key|

Reading List:
    Link
    In my experience, some korean web novels have potential but end when the story could have been more fleshed out, explored, properly paced, and lengthened.

Some novels don't need that, it's just disappointing for some novels. I have a bias for quality and long stories you see.

Nagisa11 likes this.
  14. yorozuyaginchan

yorozuyaginchan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like reading a story about a perverted fellow who doesn't mind taking advantage of beautiful women he meets, gets into problems with someone/some group stronger than him either due to a woman/his attitude, becomes stronger than them because he finds an artifact/legacy, whoops their asses, then becomes an eyesore to another stronger group due to a woman/his attitude, rinse and repeat.

15. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its a fun beginner read.

it was one of my first cultivation novels i read, and it has a place in my heart (a dark and forgotten place but still)
    i only read the first 600 chapters, and things get repetitive and boring afterwards... but was fun.
    if you already know all the tropes of xianxia/wuxia it will be a not so enjoyable reading.

edit:
    plus, the MC is a rapist, ruthless and hypocrite type of character... he forces everyone to obey/like him or die.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  16. jakala

jakala Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I dropped it after chapter 200 +

17. theweebbecomesme

theweebbecomesme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty good actually, it becomes generic for a while in the middle but then becomes good again. Only downside is that author is releasing chaps like 1 per month due to some contract issues (don't know if that's been resolved yet, doubt it though). So don't expect the novel to be completed anytime soon, if at all.

18. xiaolin2

xiaolin2 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The best. It's a bumpy ride with a lot of ups and downs but you can argue that organic novels can't all be sunshine and rainbows. It's much much better than other novels that are just uphill.

Harem: Godtier. And by Godtier, I mean Godtier. I'm ready to wipe my memory and start from scratch even if it means learning language again if it means reading this Mhmm mmm Godtier harem novel.
    The women are just fanfreakingtastic! If we're going to talk meat-wise they're AAA with perfect marbling!
    Not only that, there are also AAA equivalents for fish meat, veggies, fruits on this novel!
    Do you like your beef aged? Heck yeah, ATG has those!
    Do you want your meal spicy? Broooooo I got you!
    Do you like your pork young and easy to chew? No problem!

There are all types of girls on display on here, and many more all with equally compelling arcs!
    And the best part is they're here to stay!
    They don't just fade away into obscurity never to be mentioned again!
    And mate, the love also gets consummated. Yup. You heard me... THEY FREAKING BANG! Not only that, they make babies!
    And I kid you not, these babies actually plays large roles in the story! They don't stay as fetuses for the longest time nor do they just grow up in the background and are used as stupid props for slice of life scenes.

Oh, and you haven't heard the best part. One of the big bad villains in the story (gets mentioned in the first 20 chapters and makes epic reveal around chapter 1000), aka. the queen of the flies, aka. The Wicked Witch of the West, aka. miss Voldemort, ends up whole-heartedly loving the MC. I have never seen a more tearful development from hate sex to loving "I've fallen for you oh no" type of sex in my entire 2 years of chad life!

Cultivation: My guy. MY GUY. You don't even know. You're not prepared for the epicness that is ATG cultivation.
    Ice. BAM! Fire. BRSH! Black fire. WAMMY!
    ALL kinds of cool shit, my guy! If at some point in reading you think to yourself "Man, it would be really cool if MC has this type of power" it'll manifest in the future chapters, lad. Hear me. IT WILL HAPPEN.

This novel will leave you with I'm satisfied by I wish it would never end type of feels. And IT NEVER ENDS.
    The satisfaction though. If you're just a dude wanting to read cool shit happen and immerse yourself without having to think too much, this is GODtier novel for you to read. Don't even look at other novels that tries too hard to be smart. Fvck those! This is where it's at!

And don't get me wrong. ATG doesn't sound stupid to read at all. The conversations sound organic and seems like conversations you'd hear if you're in that universe. The thoughts also align with in-world logic. MC suffers from the occasional "oops shouldn't have done that" plot device, but that's par for the course if you're not reading hardcopy levels of books. Sometimes the author just blanks out and can't think you know. But yeah, enjoy this buffet as much as you'd like. Read it 4 times now which is an equivalent to at least 5k chapters for the past 6 years in between reads but I still don't get tired of it.
    You get a different feel every time, my guy. It's addicting as hell.
    Just make sure you get into it with the right type of music and switch it up once in a while.

How about it? Take a hit, my guy. It's not gonna be bad for you... I swear you'll still be a functioning member of society afterwards with no side effects of lack of sleep and self induced social seclusion.

Kolgrim88, Agroofacti and Nagisa11 like this.
  19. Agroofacti

Agroofacti Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks HAHAHAHA i haven't read it but im gonna read it so no worries

20. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I consider Martial god asura to be complete garbage, martial world to be the boundary between bad xianxia and good xianxia, i would put ATG between MGA and martial world (closer to martial world than to MGA).
    It's bad but not awfully so, there is some good points to it unlike MGA where it's straight garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.