Spoiler Is It a Fortune or Is It a Woe?(다행인지 불행인지)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Raw Link: https://page.kakao.com/home/다행인지-불행인지/50839443
    Manga Link:https://mangadex.org/title/57867/is-it-a-fortune-or-is-it-a-woe
    Novel Link:
    Summary:

Somehow, before the appearance of the female protagonist, I took on the role of a husband's wife for a while.

I tried to do my best to dutifully fulfill my role. Then...

“I'm glad that a child like you became Cedric's companion.”

“I have to admit it; I'm glad you’re his wife, Dylan.”

“It’s fortunate that the mistress of the Brighton House is Lady Dylan.”

…I think I've adjusted to my surroundings too well.

When Cedric's fateful partner appears, I must leave. What will I do?

Cedric responds to her worries.

“Have you ever thought that you were the one I fell in love with?”

Will you still say such sweet words after the heroine, Adelaine, appears?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Unspecified spoilers
    Chapters spoilers
    Non Edited Novel MTL Chapters:

Please note that within this thread there are a lot of theories and conversations so beware scrolling through the pages.

Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  3. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    Another Summary:
    Cedric Rodden Hayworth proposes to the Langton Street to alleviate the legitimacy controversy over the identity of his mother.

Dylan Langton-In order to prevent the death of her younger sister, she decides to become the wife of the original boyfriend for the time being.

So for more info on whats going on....
    Dylan(FL) grew up, remembering the memories of her previous life, Dylan realized that the place where she was born and raised is the world of fiction.

As in the novel, she begins to watch out for Cedric, who will come to propose to her younger sister, Emily.

She accepted Cedric's proposal for Emily, who would die shortly after her marriage with Cedric.

She decided to become his wife only until the original heroine(Adelaine) appeared.

Cedric visits Langton Street to propose to the granddaughter of his grandfather Graham's first love, Lila Langton.

Because Langton and Hayworth were friends with each other, and when they were young, they promised to marry their grandchildren.

The original heroine also remembers her previous life...
    One blog I read said that this novel had no major misunderstandings, villains, or stimulating episodes.... just the misunderstandings between the main characters though...:blobsweat:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Klioo, chuvalulu, ashash02 and 43 others like this.
  4. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... I'm a bit confused on the new summary, can't we have a brief character bio (to clean up the 2 summary and roles of characters). Let me get this straight if I got it right:
    Dylan Langton - Protagonist. MC of the main story. Takes the role of the the ML Cedric's wife (whom from the synopsis, was supposed to propose to her sister... for reasons unknown so far other than he HAS to marry one of the granddaughters of his granfather's first love) until he is supposed to fall for the heroine Adelaine. is a reincarnated person aware that this is a world of a novel. In the current timeline, according to synopsis1, Cedric admits he fell for her
    Cedric Rodden Hayworth - the ML. In the original story, proposes to Dylan's younger sister, Emily for reasons unknown (but one factor being both lead families are well acquainted)
    Adelaine- the heroine. Cedric is supposed to fall for her upon meeting her if the original plot would follow through. No additional details for now.
    Emily Langton -Dylan's younger sis, is supposed to die after marrying Cedric
    Graham Hayworth - Cedric's grandpa who promised his first love that their grandchildren can marry each other in the future
    Lila Langton - Dylan and Emily's grandma, agreed to let one of her grandchildren marry the grandchild of the Hayworth family

5. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah! Thats the only info I got from several reviews... Ml’s grandfather pressured ML....
    the ML was thinking which of the sisters to propose to. In the original novel, he chose to propose to Emily, the FL’s younger sister. But in the current timeline, he choses FL.... In the original novel, when Emily died, the heroine appears and they fall in love(not that much details though...).. So Emily was just a side character for them... I read a review that there was a reason why the ML picked Emily... He started finding Dylan interesting so he proposed to her..

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    lazynoodles, Klioo, LaMuerte and 24 others like this.
  6. Aymee

Aymee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows if this is on newtoki?

7. Deleted member 262282

Deleted member 262282 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2020
  8. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Adelaide will remember her past live too, isn’t then the chance hig h that she’s going to be a bitch or white lotus ?

9. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading that same comment also tells us there won't be much conflicts and villains, and that the biggest issue we'll face is misinderstanding between the two leads.

Honestly, still curious on why Emily was picked on the first timeline. C'mon @Ahmya don't tease me! Also, what did Dylan do to make ML so interested with her

zemblenity and augacutan like this.
  10. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    57867.jpg

Description:

Somehow, before the appearance of the female lead, I became the male lead’s temporary wife. Since things had already turned out this way, I decided to try my very best. However…

“It’s so fortunate that someone like you became Cedric’s partner.”
    “... I’ll admit it. It’s a fortune that you were the one to become his wife, Dylan.”
    “It’s such a fortunate chance that you were the one to become the Lady of the Brighton House.”

… I think I did too much of a good job.

When Cedric’s destined partner arrives, I will have to leave. What should I do? To someone like that, Cedric had said this.

“Would you have ever thought that the one I would fall in love with would be you?”

...Would you still say the same to me after the real female lead, Adeline, makes her appearance?

Manga link : https://mangadex.org/title/57867

11. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
    remember he wasn't interested in marriage. Only when the ml's grandfather urged him, he decided to get married. [but he still remained indifferent to this topic] the viscount wasn't exactly proud of Dylan [my guess is that she's an illegitimate child] so I guess without Dylan's interference, he decided to get married to Emily. [Emily also had pure noble blood which the ml didn't have] so I guess he naturally chose Emily

12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also a possibility that Dylan didn’t exist in previous timeline. Or that she simply had the same eccentric personality which her father was ashamed of in both timelines, and so as you suggested because she didn’t know about her sister’s future she didn’t interfere and wasn’t pushed to this marriage.

Klioo, Ang3Blue, rock.doll and 3 others like this.
  13. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is their a novel?

Deleted member 409933 likes this.
  14. kabocha_crisp

kabocha_crisp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the littler sister, Emily, is the sweetest thing and is basically the human embodiment of a fangirl. Aside from the lack of eyebrows for the MC, I really do enjoy this manwha. :aww::aww: I hope the OG!FL who the ML is supposed to be in love with turns out to be a chill one. I'm enjoying all these manwha where there's strong female character camaraderie. :blobpeek:

15. Deleted member 262282

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Ahmya

Ahmya mammiyaah~

Reading List:
    Link
    God!!! Theyre so cute!!!:blobnosebleed::blobmelt:

17. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems that ML chose Emily because she looks like her grandmother (Layla? her grandfather's first love?:hmm:) rather than FL who might take after from her mother.
    (FL's brothers & sisters look like his father / grandmother with blonde hair & green eyes).

ML's granpa described the characteristics of the FL family (Langton), namely blonde hair & green eyes, said to be rare.

Klioo, elaii03, Kuryoma and 8 others like this.
  18. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the interactions between the leads, I strongly feel the vibe of Pride and Prejudice, but maybe it's because the ML's eyebrow game.

19. Shoshorang

Shoshorang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the raws available on new/toki?

It’s actually intriguing because the MC apologizes quickly for only thinking of him as a fiction character/judging him too fast from news on the recent translated chapters

Also any spoilers is welcome

20. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil about how their marriage went? Also what happens when the O!FL appeared.