Spoiler Is It a Fortune or Is It a Woe?(다행인지 불행인지)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Nov 13, 2020.

1. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually
    There was no showdown since he was just background character mentioned but never showed up. Cedric who one sided thought Dylan still have lingering feeling for her ex fiance, told Ethan to ship him off to some remote island and force him to work as a soldier. He couldn't kill Miles since Ethan mentioned a dead man will ignite good memories from others so Cedric chose to keep him alive but away so Dylan cannot see or be with him.

As mentioned in my support character spoiler, Katarina is actually Adelaine, so I'll explain how Dylan met Katarina.

Cecilia brought Dylan to a hookah bar to have fun and that's where she chanced upon seeing a lady with green eyes. She initially thought the lady was Adelaine but when the lady approached her, she noticed she had black hair and the lady introduced herself as Katarina. Dylan knows in the novel, Katarina was Cedric's ex lover (truthfully they weren't ex lovers but more like business partners). At this point of the story, Dylan was already falling in love with Cedric and she got jealous seeing Katarina and kept smoking hookah until she felt sick. Cecilia had to carry her home and that night Cedric took care of her and while she was sleeping she murmured Miles' name. (ignited more jealousy from Cedric)

Yes, Cedric did thought she was a boy since she dressed as a boy at that time, but he did realize his mistake when he met her again as Dylan. I may have word it wrong since you misread it. He mistook her gender earlier as a boy when he met a "boy" who showed him the wrong direction. In fact the first 4 chapters were in his view so I was writing based on what he saw. Dylan's name only showed up at ch 4 (Kakao chapters) when he met her at Langton.

(Just a note, the novel doesn't have chapters so that's why I bullet all the events at once. Kakao has chapters and I only know some chapters since I had been trying to TL from chapters.)

I mentioned the spoilers for Miles above so he does not get with Emily.
    She did not end up with anyone, but it was hinted at the end she was having close pen pal relationships with 2 male college students.

This is actually quite tricky since after the initial bad first impression, they did became close friends. In fact Katarina even helped Dylan in many occasion when Dylan was trying to find Adelaine (at this time Katarina did not know she was looking for a lady called Adelaine). After Katarina found out, she confessed the truth to Dylan. Their relationship turned cautious after that since Dylan at that point became more aware of her feelings for Cedric and was not willing to leave him. She claimed Cedric in front of her and told Katarina even if Katarina change her mind later on, she will fight.

The truth is, even though Katarina claims she does not love Cedric at that time, she cannot say for sure if that's true, since she admit to Dylan later on that when Dylan claimed Dylan stole Cedric from Adelaine, Katarina told her the person who actually stole him was herself.

It appears that all along Dylan and Cedric were meant to be. At the last chapter, we see a bit of Cedric's dream where he dreamt he saw all the different faces of Dylan throughout all different lifetimes and recognized her immediately. As to recall all these faces, he made a wish to be with her in future lifetimes forever.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  2. Marwa_lay

Marwa_lay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    - Katarina, Cedric's ex-fiance
    Can you give us some spoilers about Her ?
    What kind of trouble is she gonna cause ?

3. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But he hated her in the novel? Is that why she “lusted” after him in the novel? (Because they were fated to be together?) but then again he ended up with Adelaine. Or is the reason Adelaine decided to not live up like the novel is because of that? (Cedric was supposed to be fated with Dylan) thanks so much! Sorry for the many questions, hehe.

4. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually that's what I believe too, but it was left pretty unanswered and open-ended. I had to gather surrounding clues to get that information. I never get to read the actual conversation that took place between
    Katarina purposedly showed up in front of Dylan at the shooting range to confess something. This was days after Dylan made claims to Cedric. At this point, Dylan and Katarina are in a pretty rocky relationship, not good friends anymore. Katarina wanted to confess the truth but Dylan doesn't want to hear anything anymore as her relationship with Cedric was going well, but she's curious since Katarina brought it up, so she made a bet instead. If Dylan wins, she'll listen to the story and if she loses, she'll pay up. (Before this, Dylan always lose every bet with money because of the Langton bad luck)

It, then, que to her arriving home late drunk. So I never know the actual details. But from her flashback quotes from Katarina's words, when she told Dylan that she was the one who stole. That's how I gathered clues. Also with Cedric's dream at the end, it seems as though he had met Dylan many times before in previous lifetimes.

As for how Adelaine ended up with Cedric at the end of the novel, we'll never know but I can safely assume she changed some plot in the story to fix it where she can end up with him. That might've happened.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  5. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So is it possible that reality of the first timeline actually differs from the book plot Dylan has read in her previous life?
    Was there any explanation about the reason for Dylan’s reincarnation and Adelaine’s time rewinding and also about existence of that book at all?

Bella94, Blablasimp, syofiaa and 3 others like this.
  6. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I had two theories concerning timelines and lifetimes. The story never explained anything about it. In fact

Katarina might have been reborn and rewind time in the same world, but she does not know of different worlds. She does not even know the world they exist in currently was written in a novel in another world. In fact when Katarina told her she recarnated, Dylan automatically assumed Katarina also read the novel, but the minute she mentioned the word 'novel', Katarina got confused. Dylan, then, retracted her thoughts and words and kept that part a secret. She never told anyone, not even Cedric, about having been born in another world.

As for my theories, one of them I've stated above, the other, I wonder if perhaps, this Cedric, is not Adelaine's Cedric. If the Dylan now is someone from another world, I could assume the Cedric now may have also been from another world. This was also proved when he dreamt of seeing different 'Dylans'. They all have different faces meaning they were all her from different lifetimes. Cedric had this dream on their first night. It also happened to be the night when she asked him if he believes they can be reborn.

I hope later side stories will explain more of this. The side stories are still ongoing atm so, perhaps, it'll be explained later on but from the main story itself and the 2 side stories I've read, it was not explained.

7. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so it's the old "transmigrator meets reincarnator" trope. interesting :blobpopcorn:

8. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    In fact this is also the reason on their initial beliefs.

Dylan wasn't someone who believe she can change much of the plot. Because she was a transmigrator, she viewed the world as something that was already set in stone. She believed Cedric will fall in love with Adelaine as it did in the novel. She still tried to change the little things, but things concerning the main plot or the actual storyline of the novel she read, she believe they remain will remain the same. She's someone who does not wish to have what others have as she thinks things already have ownership. Also she, who is from the Langton family, can only be unlucky because that was what was written. She's not someone pretty, because the Dylan in the novel was not someone who was ever described as a beautiful or good lady. She doesn't believe in destiny, as she belief in things that are fated instead.

Katarina is someone who had been reborn many times. This wasn't even the second time she was reborn. She makes different choices every time. In this lifetime, her goal was revenge against Albert because of all the suffering he had caused her in previous lifetimes. She chose to make a deal and work with Cedric in this lifetime to take down Albert. Hence, why they're not actual lovers in this lifetime but were pretend lovers just so they can work closely together. Katarina is someone who initially, did not remember her past lifetimes but had scattered memories of them. She goes through some sort of hypnosis therapy herself, to recall all her memories. After she had a better memory of them, she took charge of her life and changed it. In her past life, she 'loved' Cedric because of the situation she was in where she was debt and poverty stricken. Cedric helped her through all that before and that was what made her 'loved' him in the past lifetime, but in this lifetime, she was able to change all that and made wealth and title for herself with her new alias. With her new situation, she doesn't 'love' Cedric in this lifetime. Her life is what she makes of it.

BrytteM, Bella94, assiralc_ and 120 others like this.
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically Katarina has been reliving her life many times, which means even a happy end with Cedric was not enough for this time rewind thing to stop.
    I’m now curious if she goes back in time on purpose or accidentally, e.g when she dies before her supposed death time, and what is the desirable end for her soul to move on. Maybe it’s meeting her soulmate too.
    I like your theory about Dylan and Cedric being different souls not from the novel! It would make sense why they didn’t react to each other in a good way in the novel - because their souls hopped on this train only for a one time ride in the current timeline lol. But then we need an additional arc describing why they got into the novel that had a set plot where Dylan and Cedric where not meant to be, and who wrote the book and why. It’s a pity it wasn’t explained yet by the author, I hope it will be done in side stories. Though some authors don’t bother explaining this.

10. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Continue from this...
    • Dylan mentioned she did not want to intrude in his space when he asked what she was being sneaky for. It was noted earlier on in the chapter when the servants were giving her a tour of the Brighton manor, she asked to skip Cedric's study and bedroom as she believes they're his space. Upon hearing this answer from her, he didn't feel too happy as he think she is using words to distance herself from him.
    • Cedric asked about her meeting with Yvette. Dylan had a lot of things to say as she was telling him how Yvette will be mentoring her. Cedric remembered his conversation with Ethan earlier where Ethan claims his wife must be making the pillowcase wet from crying of loneliness every night. Cedric cannot see that at all. When Dylan brought up learning dancing from Yvette (Dylan cannot dance and had stepped on his foot many times at the Langton ball), Cedric offered to be her practice dance partner.
    D: Yvette said you're always busy with work so I may have to find someone else. Are you that busy?
    C: I'm very free from work. (He omitted that he is free for the time being. He doesn't want to hear her practicing with another man)
    D: That's fortunate. Then, please check the schedule and let me know when you have time. I'll talk to Yvette and try to put up the schedule.
    C: Okay.
    D: Okay then. This intruder will return to my lair.

Dylan jumped off his desk.

C: Dylan.

Dylan looks back.

C: I haven't been able to ask, do you like Brighton?
    D: Of course. It's the best.

Now to next volume...
    • Dylan and Yvette had been starting to hang out a lot together. Yvette would tutor her in etiquette, dance, people in the higher society... etc (she's more of a mentor than an actual friend)
      I would perhaps say Dylan's best friend will be Cecilia later on as both Dylan and Cecilia have similar views on things and same hobbies such as drinking tea, alcohol, books, and shooting.
    • Dylan told Yvette about scheduling for practice with Cedric to which Yvette was surprised.
    Y: It would be better if your practice partner is similar in height and physique as Cedric. It would be better to seek someone as such.
    D: Why would it be difficult to practice directly with Cedric?
    Y: Cedric? laughs at Dylan's question
    Y: Of course it would be nice if he could help, but he wouldn't do that. He would pretend he didn't hear anything when he's swamped with work.
    D: He said he was free.

Dylan blinks her eyes questionably.

D: The last time I spoke with Cedric, he said he's free after his work, and he would help if I needed anything.
    Y: He...? Yvette squints her eyes

Yvette could've sworn her son never have any free time. Every time she asks, he would say he's busy behind the scenes... blah blah. He would make every excuse to avoid something fun. She snorted dejectedly. Dylan's eyes went wide at the surprising response since Cedric who was originally so cold reacted different.

Y: Well, if he is, it must be then. Then let's make room for scheduling the time.
    D: We've already talked. I heard he's coming home early tonight.
    Y: Is that so. Yvette was pleasantly surprised.
    • Cedric returned early from work that day and asked the butler about her. The butler informed him the lady had been waiting for him at the ballroom. He checked the clock and noticed he's 15 minutes early so he went for a quick change. When he arrived to the ballroom, he witnessed a scene of her practicing alone while humming (the piano accompanist had yet to arrive so she's humming the songs herself). Cedric can tell Dylan had improved drastically.
    • Dylan and Cedric practiced a few parts together but she was more focused on trying not to step on his foot than actual dancing. Cedric noted that problem to her.
    C: When you're dancing with me, I noticed your problem.
    D: Problem?
    C: Problem.

Dylan glared at Cedric.

D: Then, would you be so kind as to share your opinions with uneducated people?

Cedric smiled.

C: It means you didn't step on your partner's foot too much.
    D: ....Do you have a taste that likes to be stepped on by your dance partner a lot? Dylan whispered.

D (thoughts) If you like that..... I respect your taste, but........

C: No way. It just means you are more focused on not stepping on your partner's feet than on the dance itself. At least once or twice during the practice, you were uselessly stiff from nervousness when the movement of the dance require flowing movement. It does not flow.
    C: Did you never step on my mother's foot during the lessons?
    D: Absolutely not! How could I dare to step on her? Dylan doesn't want to hurt Yvette.
    C: She's the reason then.
    D: Don't say that. Yvette really did her best to teach me.
    C: I'm not blaming anyone but telling the truth. I saw you dancing alone a while ago -
    C: At that time your movements were natural. It wasn't perfect but it doesn't look forceful and it seemed enjoyable. It would be better if you do that with the partner in front of you. You should break away from the thoughts that you shouldn't attack someone's foot.
    D: But.... then I might really step on other people's feet.
    C: I'm saying it's okay to step on them.
    D: If you say that you'll seriously get attacked.

Cedric slipped a foot in front of her.
    Dylan smiled but then as she tried to crush his shoe's toe....

D: .... This.....?!

Dylan once again tried to crush his shoe harder.

C: I placed a metal plate on the upper part of the leather.
    D: That's really.... clever.
    C: I'm prepared due to my past experience.
    D: It's a wise and humiliating judgement. Since the start, you didn't have trust in me.
    C: Trust builds up through action. You have never given me an opportunity to have confidence in your dance skills..... not even once in my memory.
    D: .... it's all the more humiliating that I cannot refute it. Fine, I respect your judgement.
    C: My point is that it's okay for you to make mistakes so relax.
    D: Sighs I get it. Tension. Relax.

Dylan approached the polyphon (if anyone is interested, it's one of those old music boxes) and held the handle.

D: I'll work hard with the momentum to break the metal plate on your shoes.

She danced well and did not step on his foot as much as she thought she would.
    • Cedric and Dylan had a conversation on Katarina. Dylan knew from before Katarina was an old lover of his from the novel. She even mentioned Katarina in Volume 1 as excuse why she doesn't think Cedric will love her, while she used her ex fiance as excuse as to why she won't love him. (personally think this conversation is interesting since Dylan at this point does not love him and was not jealous during this conversation but it's the beginning of a hint where Cedric wished she was jealous) The conversation started because Cedric was mentioning how he used to practice a lot with his partner to which Dylan assumed was Katarina.
    C: Because of the partner I used to practice with a while ago.

Dylan's eyebrows went up.

D: Aha?

Dylan smiles enigmatically.
    Cedric pondered over her response, then realized.

C: It's mother in the story.
    D: Okay.
    C (thoughts) : Fuck.

Cedric bit his lip.

C: Really.
    D: I know. I didn't say anything. If you say so, then it is.
    C: Dylan.
    D: Yes.
    C: So it was her- (he tried to say it's Katarina's job)
    C: Are you concerned?
    D: What?
    C: Kata- her..... That you might meet her sooner or later.
    D: No. I don't care at all. Dylan shakes her head.
    C: I won't say anything if it's uncomfortable-
    D: No it's not. It really doesn't bother me. Just a minute ago, I was just.... I'm just teasing you. Your embarrassed look was funny.

Cedric don't think she's lying from her face.

D: And in that sense, I also had a long-time engagement. As to who you've met before, I don't care at all.
    D (thoughts) : It bothers me more who you will meet in the future (here she was referring to him falling for Adelaine)

Dylan looked sunken and Cedric interpret that as her thinking about her ex fiance when she mentioned before she won't be able to forget him. Cedric's mood turned sour. It felt bitter. He thought she would care about Katarina ...
    • The two continued to practice dancing in silence. Dylan found the silence unbearable and apologized for bringing the topic of 'Katarina' up (Dylan is someone who apologizes a lot). Their conversations are usually lengthy and this one went from human weakness to childhood memories. Towards the end, when Cedric asked if she's going to continue practice with Yvette, Dylan responded that they will be going shopping. Dylan is someone who doesn't shop much but can still enjoy spending riches if it's there. Yvette had also mentioned Dylan need new outfits.
    • The next day, Dylan and Yvette went shopping. Dylan learned how to dress herself (more like pick outfits for herself and fit them). Back at Langton, Dylan usually wear old modest dresses that she would mend herself.
    • Yvette noticed Dylan looked tire from the shopping and thought it was because Dylan's physical strength was weak. She brought up learning fencing to increase her stamina. Dylan had learned fencing before with Hailey when she was young. Yvette was surprised over it. (It seems Yvette correlate Dylan's dance skills with fencing. Personally not quite sure how they're compared.)
    • As they were heading towards the beauty salon, the two chanced upon Sabrina and Cecilia, Cedric's aunt and younger cousin. Dylan remembered seeing Cecilia at her wedding. Sabrina spotted Yvette and greeted her. Sabrina, who just met Dylan, was introduced by Yvette. Sabrina did not attend the wedding. (Cedric's uncle, Albert's side of the family dislike Cedric, but Cecilia is different from them)
    S: Oh my god. Nice to meet you. You must be the very lady rumored in the dark. My apologies for being unable to attend the wedding.

('rumored in the dark' was meant to be a mockery to say she was gossiped behind her back, 'unable to attend' meant even though she was invited she didn't go; Dylan knew Sabrina did not recognize her as Cedric's 'wife')
    Dylan smiled back at Sabrina.

D: It's all right. All the significant people attended and congratulated me. I was very grateful.
    D: Whether you were there or not, for the people who wanted to come, I was there for them.

Dylan continued to smile.
    Sabrina's mouth trembled slightly.

S: In Cecilia's words, I heard it was a simple and concise wedding. It was very much like the Langton.

(Sabrina was trying to insult Dylan for being from a poor noble family)
    Dylan blushed slightly.

D: Yes. Grandfather (in law) wanted it as such. He wanted us to get married as soon as possible, so I decided to do it on a small scale.

(Dylan putting blame on Sabrina's side of the family; it also meant the Duke favored her greatly)
    Sabrina's eyes twitched.
    Yvette holding back laughter.

S: ....I see. Father (in law) wished for it.....

Yvette prepared for victory but it was an illusion as Sabrina began her next attack.

S: Then again, there are times when marriage can happen so quickly. Perhaps this is the same situation as Alexander?

Dylan did not understand this but Sabrina was trying to insult Yvette here for her quick wedding due to having premarital pregnancy.

Y: Yes. It is exactly the same situation as when Alex and I married.

Sabrina raised an eyebrow.

Y: There are such events in the world where fateful romance such as love at first sight exists.

Yvette used her acting skills to put on a romantic front.

Y: The first time our eyes met, sparks ignited and we were captivated by each other's souls.
    Y: Of course, such a romantic romance of a lifetime is not a blessing that everyone can experience. (Yvette picked on Sabrina's arranged marriage so Sabrina wouldn't know)Y: Y: Isn't that right, Dylan?
    D: Oh, yes. (Dylan knows it's a lie since her marriage was also arranged but she threw on her best acting skills to accompany Yvette)
    D: I'm ashamed. It's a secret, but it's actually true. ('It would be a waste if only I know')
    D: My first encounter with Cedric was in the middle of the road when he came to see my father. He asked me for directions. We did not recognize each other at the time, but from the moment we first met, I knew he was going to be someone special to me. ('Because I knew he was the male protagonist who would come to propose to my younger sister')
    D: And I think it was the same with Cedric. When I met him again at the manor, I heard Cedric's secret intention to court me with my father. ('to be precise, it was the daughter of the Langton family')
    D: During Cedric's stay at the manor, we had a heart to hear talk with each other. ('my desperate talk begging him not to marry Emily')
    D: It was four days after the initial meeting. During the middle of the banquet hall, I received a romantic proposal for marriage.
    S: In the middle of the banquet hall.....? (Sabrina full of disbelief)

Dylan nodded her head.

D: Yes. During the ball, Cedric knelt down in front of the guests in the middle of the banquet, and told me 'Please marry me.' He did it twice as well. Grandfather (in law) was there as well at that time. He was very pleased. (Dylan hid her bitterness with a shy smile)
    Y: Oh my god.
    D: Oh, gosh. I was so overwhelmed, my legs were trembling. I held my tears and said yes.
    D: This is the sequential event of our marriage. Thinking about it again, my heart keeps beating. Dylan smiles softly.
    C: What a romantic story. I've known Cedric for a long time, but I never thought he could do something as such.
    D: In fact, he confessed that it was his first time, to love.
    C: Cedric?
    D: ....Yes. (She recalls Cedric's proclamation of first love to Adelaine in the novel)
    C: Hmm...... Cecilia tilts her head.
    D: It was so amazing, it's quite hard to believe.
    C: To think 'he' Cedric could act as such.
    D: It still feels like a dream.

Cecilia nods her head.

C: That's possible. I understand. Cedric.... I mean, quite a..... How should I put it? Perhaps because he resembles his mother, who was a former actress, he had a number of ladies who liked to follow him.
    C: Oh, don't get me wrong. Because he had never been serious about one woman before. There was nothing much of the flames, so to speak. He had always appeared in the weekly news, but there were never such fateful romance like Dylan. ('Your husband is notorious for being a player')
    (They were mostly fake news since Cedric works with Ethan who is the actual player and every time the ladies come to visit the workplace, people assume they were there to see Cedric)
    S: Its almost impossible for a child like that to fall in love and settle down at once. ('It probably won't be long before he leaves anyway')

Dylan recalls her conversation with Cedric when he asks if she believes in the rumors. She also recalls in the novel what Sabrina was like an can conclude ' she hates Sabrina'.
    Dylan gazed coldly at them.

D: That's right. That made me more attracted to Cedric. Dylan smiled brightly.
    D: Is it not an honor for an unmarried nobleman to be so much of an object of such intense interest? Numerous newspaper articles proved that he is a man good enough to envy. Such is the fate of an attractive person. ('Your worthless mockery can't even scratch him nor me')
    D: In the first place, premarital relationship is not even a flaw. There is a notoriety that tarnish the reputation of the family. Dylan laughed slowly.

Sabrina's iris trembled.

D: Gambling, violence, drug scandals.
    D: A man who gambles and loses at the expense of his family's wealth at the gambling house, who drinks and even violently assaulted an employee and was summoned by the court.
    D: That's a terrible notoriety. (Dylan was referring to Morgan Hayworth, eldest son of Sabrina and Albert.)
    Morgan met Adelaine before Cedric did in the novel and had wanted her for himself due to her beauty. Because of Morgan's sexual advances and violence, Adelaine originally did not have a good outlook on nobleman. Upon meeting Cedric, she did not favor him and it was only after meeting Cedric, her view changed. After Cedric and Adelaine got together, it made Morgan all the more angered. He would harass Adelaine for choosing his cousin over him. Adelaine and Cedric had an accidental child before they signify their love for each other. Lots of misunderstandings. Regardless, Cedric took very good care of the child and changed her mind on how she viewed Cedric. There were more background drama that occurred within the family along with the female protagonist.
    D: I don't even know where such a vicious temper comes from. ('You brought up your eldest son as a mess')

Dylan smiled naively.

C: cook (sound of her holding in her laughter)
    S: Cecilia.
    C: Pardon me. I had to cough for a moment.
    Y: Perhaps it's because we talked too much while standing by the road. It was on our way back, but I believe I've held it for too long. My apologies.
    S: ....That's right. I'm really sorry to have our first meeting like this.
    S: So can I invite you to the ball to make up for it, Dylan?
    D: ....the ball, you mean?
    S: Yes. I am planning to hold a ball in two weeks. I would be grateful if you attend and shine.

Yvette blinked her eyes and Dylan took that as a sign of approval.

D: I will. Thank you for the invitation.
    S: I'm sure I'll see you then. Well then.

Sabrina and Cecilia left.
    • Yvette's view on Dylan improved drastically after that conversation. She mentioned her dislike towards the family, the Duke, the extended family, especially the Duke. Graham had always told Cedric to hold it in and let the insult pass. It does not make sense to Yvette. She cannot intervene in their family issue either as she had remarried and have two other children. This means she's no longer a Sutherwick. Graham is currently the guardian (father like figure) to Cedric.
    • Cute note at the end: Yvette noted Dylan calls Graham 'grandfather' but still calls Yvette 'Yvette', so she gave Dylan permission to call her 'mother'.

Saw the manhwa raws and had to make some correction since it cleared up some confusion I had when reading the novel. At the end of volume 1, it was Dylan who laughed at Cedric and he was the one who felt wronged. It's sometimes I bit confusing knowing who is saying what when reading the novel.

I'll edit this later as it is incomplete. (this note will be removed when I complete volume 2)

Sorry I'm quite busy this weekend on schoolwork so might have to wait for next week to complete. :cry::cry::cry:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  11. elparis

elparis [Panda Warrior]

Reading List:
    Link
    i want this man to feel the stingy of unrequited love ! lol I think it would be enjoyable to read about tho. :D

rero00, MiserableSOUL, its0k and 2 others like this.
  12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh don't you worry. He can get really possessive.
    That tidbit I showed from Volume 4 earlier led to a more interesting conversation later on where he'll start threatening her using her family to keep her from running to her ex fiance. :p

[​IMG]
    Cedric starts threatening her.
    She asked him what he will do and he told her what does she think he will do.
    Then he questioned her who does she think is the benefactor to the Langton right now.
    Who is paying their debts...
    He asked her how does she think he could use that debt for.
    Then he told her if for example Dylan was to give up everything and go to 'that man'
    her family will become a mess,
    her precious things won't be safe

Dylan realized he is blackmailing her, then she recalled that's what he's like in the novel.
    Cedric told her if she makes the right choice, nothing will happen in her life.
    Then he questioned her once again if she would like to go back together now or still run away with 'that man' and try to see what he will do.

He then kissed her after that. (Not their first kiss btw)

13. syofiaa

syofiaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah thankyou so much for the spoilers~
    So, you know uhm Katarina is Adelaide right? It's kind of bothered me, in the previous life she "love" him, but in this lifetime, she choose differently.

Don't you think it's some kind of uhm weird?:sweating_profusely: In the novel Adelaide certainly got her happy ending right? Then she reincarnated again as Adelaide but choosing not to love Cedric, and give up on him for another girl "Dylan", I mean even if it's a "pastlife" it's still did happened right? The Cedric who really loved Adelaide......:hmm:
    Sorry, it's just "Katarina as Adelaide who is reincarnate" things a lil bit tricky:blobdizzy:

Why would she reincarnate again tho, technically speaking she got her happy ending right? :blobfrowning:
    and Adelaide only know one world (the novel) and always reincarnate in that story, so is it like a reset button? Just how many times she already reincarnate in that story:sweating_profusely::hmm:

And I kinda like how you said current timeline Cedric IS not Adelaide's Cedric lol (a way to relieve my confusion lol)
    And, Dylan and Cedric may a different person (like from other world)

*Please, kindly correct me, if my understanding of the Adelaide thingy is wrong :blobsalute:

salty25, Ariary, rero00 and 4 others like this.
  14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe Adelaine chose to reincarnate. Also initially she did not recall all her memories. They were scattered. She knew she lived a tough life previously but did not recall everything. She, herself, chose to go through therapy to search for these memories herself. Also while she may have loved Cedric before, her excuse was she loved him because of the situation, thus, she didn't really love him. When Dylan found out, she got upset because she felt scammed. Her favorite romance story was on fake love. She felt bad for Cedric who did not really get the love from the female protagonist.

karaa00000, Bella94, Ismalia and 93 others like this.
  15. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought Cedric and Katarina were more business partners than lovers

seabuckthorn likes this.
  16. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for spoiler :blobok:
    I like how the MC interacts with the mother-in-law. And how does she deal with who is insulted. Or how she expresses what she wants to ML. You could say how she interacts socially & I come to know why she is loved by her family & neighbors

TrinaAngel, tk_10, rosieposie and 4 others like this.
  17. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    They are more like business partners than lovers. That was why Cedric mentioned he wouldn't act like a lover then, since Dylan told him to treat her as he would treat Katarina.

MC is great. There will be another time when you'll fall in love with her later on in volume 4 when
    defends Cedric in front of his family and Graham was going to let the insults slide again.
    We will also get another
    between Sabrina and Dylan at the ball.
    Also MC is very bright since she reads a lot and the way she talks can be really witty. We can tell with how she phrases and words her comebacks. :love: I definitely enjoy this novel when I was reading it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020