Spoiler Is It a Fortune or Is It a Woe?(다행인지 불행인지)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ahmya, Nov 13, 2020.

1. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to hear more about the misunderstandings that Miles the MC''s old fiancé will cause. Because I think its funny

2. Vinajovan

Vinajovan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhh thank you for your spoiler @nohrheir please keep spoiling us!! Looking forward to the moment cedric realized he loves Dylan

NohrNeir likes this.
  3. NohrNeir

NohrNeir rereading frenzy

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically he would hear her call Miles name when she's unconscious, and every time they bring up past lovers, he will think she doesn't love him because of Miles. At some point he will get upset just thinking she will go back to Miles, he had Ethan do a search and gather info on Miles. Apparently Miles does not have a very good reputation and it makes Cedric even more upset that Dylan could fall for someone like that. He wanted to do something (don't recall exactly if he wanted to have Miles killed) but Ethan told him that a dead person will remind others of their better memories together and Cedric didn't want Dylan to think fondly of Miles even more, so instead he told Ethan to send him to some far away remote island to work as a marine.

Que forward...
    Dylan was searching for Adelaine and she didn't tell Cedric. She was keeping it a secret from him but he found out she was hanging around August trying to find someone. He thought she was trying to find Miles, whom he had sent away. Cedric got scared she will get upset at him for what he did so he kept holding it off. At some point he can't decide if he should bring Miles back or not (he didn't though). His family also intervened and told him to apologize because everyone can tell the two are giving each other silent treatment. Dylan thought he met Adelaine and fell in love with her, while he thought she wanted to go back to Miles.

At some point, when they watched a play together, they had a conversation where Dylan thought he regretted kissing her (they kissed many times before this when he got a bit possessive). Cedric was apologizing to her but he didn't say for what so Dylan thought it was for the kisses. She left the theater earlier and ran away. Cedric found out she never returned home and searched for her. What happened after that I spoiled a bit before when he started threatening her she can't leave him for Miles or he would ruin her family even more.

After he kissed her, when she got surprised of his kiss, he told her that Miles Whitewood would not be found anywhere. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
    So even if Dylan tried to run away with Miles, she won't be able to.
    Dylan was shocked that name came up.
    Ensue, comedic conversation
    C: after you told me it's fateful love
    D: what?
    C: You even asked August to find him
    D: Ok, I'm sorry but you must've looked in the back- (ground)

then she realized he thought she was trying to find Miles

D: By the way, when the hell did I say he was fateful love- ah

she remembers

D: ..... no way....

she started to tremble and he thought she was crying
    but she was actually laughing at the whole situation

C: Are you laughing at me?
    D: Oh no, no

This might take some time but everyone else around him will notice before him and he will keep denying or not sure how to answer when people ask.

I won't be able to continue the volume spoilers until this weekend, but I can still answer questions. The volume spoilers take longer to put up.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  4. Krystal0020

Krystal0020 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward to it and thank you for all these lovely spoilers ❤️

Jukki and NohrNeir like this.
  5. keziamartinsb

keziamartinsb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cedric's grandfather died? :(

and how was their first kiss?

DOHere, NohrNeir and sheisthedemon93 like this.
  6. Vinajovan

Reading List:
    Link

Ahhh thank you.. their tidbit conversation is so cute.. can you spoil us their the time cedric confess his feeling

NohrNeir likes this.
  7. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Ended up being their 2nd, 3rd, etc kisses.

Cedric couldn't hold it in anymore after he realized he loves her. They were talking about expectations and he was telling her she shouldn't have such expectations of him that he would be able to keep his promise that her first kiss will be with someone she cares about, so he stole her kisses. Also he realize the only way the relationship can progress is if he does whatever he wants because he can tell Dylan keeps a distance from him.

He actually confessed to her after they realize each other's misunderstandings. Actually Dylan confessed first but this was after she cleared the misunderstandings, she realize the person he loves is her and not Adelaine. In fact she told him she thought he would love someone else and he got upset over it since from his side he was being crazy in love.

D: then tell me that I'm the only one
    C: I have only you
    C: It is the same for me. The reason I couldn't say anything is because idk how far it's okay to reveal to you
    D: everything

instead of replying, Cedric kissed her
    Cedric stopped

C: I'm in trouble here

Dylan asked him why he stopped and he just told her he had a problem somewhere..... (somewhere.... he was feeling h***y) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    (btw not his first time feeling that way with her)

8. Vinajovan

Reading List:
    Link
    Cuteeeee... I love cedric... He is so manly + mature.

SkyLisette and greeneyedfairy like this.
  9. riris

riris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omg! :blobmelt:
    thank youu so much...

10. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to hear more about Miles’s bad reputation :blobrofl: also, was he baffled that he was sent to a battlefield.

MiserableSOUL, NohrNeir and Jukki like this.
  11. Vinajovan

Reading List:
    Link
    I just wonder if Katarina is actually Adeline so where is the OG Katarina from the OG novel? Also can you please kindly spoil will they have kids? As in OG novel cedric will lost his wife due to childbirth

Ecstasy, NohrNeir and Jukki like this.
  12. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    Miles is literally background character. I think people are expecting too much out of him just because he evokes jealousy out of Cedric but none of the main characters met Miles, ever, during the duration of Fortune or Woe. His name seriously only comes up in conversation or when someone having flashbacks of him (i.e. Dylan thinking back to novel Miles or when she met Miles and knew whom he really likes).

Miles' existence is similar to Emily in the novel Dylan read before, where Emily was Cedric's dead wife and she was a mob character that existed only as catalyst to evoke Cedric's feelings for Adelaine. Emily's dead existence was to only create drama and bring the two lovers (Cedric and Adelaine) together in the novel.

Some of the bad reputation Ethan mentioned was his gambling habits and how he can't make a life out of himself. Ethan mentioned shoving Miles to the marine might actually benefit Miles as Miles was someone who was just living a really bad lifestyle and doing nothing of himself. Cedric didn't care as long as Miles is far away and hidden.

Well their first time was literally at the end of the main story, so can't answer that.

The first side story as someone mentioned is on Yvette and Alexander's first meeting. It also showed Graham and Yvette's meeting at the earlier of the chapter where they made up their differences but still dislike each other in some regards.

Second side story brought in a new character (Ethan's younger brother) and most of the view in that chapter was from his view point.

As for the view on having children, Dylan originally was not keen on it. Cedric and Dylan had that conversation before really early on in the novel and Dylan did not have a good expression from it that even Cedric can tell she was against that idea. He didn't feel too happy about it at that time. Later on in volume 5, having children was brought up again. Dylan revealed her fear of having children to Cecilia and Yvette. She brought up her fear came from her loss of her mother when having Emily. Yvette told her, she should have the conversation with Cedric and decide on it together. Dylan never brought the topic up with Cedric but it seemed she may have decided she's ready for it since at the end of the novel they had s**. Before that, she kept pushing him away.

Katarina's name was only brought up once in the novel Dylan read before so couldn't tell if that might've also been an alias for someone else. Also it was a lover that existed before he married Emily so Emily's death had more of a role than Katarina did in the original novel. That was why Dylan never originally believed Katarina would pose any issue for her since she never did in the original novel. All of Dylan's concerns were on Adelaine and not Katarina.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  13. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m thankful for the gambling tidbit! I thought he was some shady player~ Though, becoming a soldier would do him some good if he has no purpose:blobthinkingsmirk::blobrofl:

NohrNeir likes this.
  14. NohrNeir

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad to spoil others as much as I spoil myself. It's nice to see others enjoying the same novel as me. :bloblove:

I'll spoil the first time Cedric felt something....
    The night before the ball, Dylan went to visit Cedric's study to borrow a boring book to help her fall asleep. Both of them had promised each other they'll head to sleep early for the ball, but Cedric was awake and working in his study. Dylan got upset finding out he's actually not free when he claimed to be free. He just told her work just came up and he was free before.

Skip forward...to when they talk about preparation for the ball. Dylan asked him if he's ready to act as a lovesick fool so they practiced for it. He kissed her hand and Dylan told him that's a really good acting of a player. Cedric got offended. She then asked, if he usually acts this way around other women. Cedric went through many thoughts in his head, wondering if she was asking because she's jealous, but then realize it's Dylan asking so it can't be jealousy, but he went for the best answer he could think of and told her he won't be doing it to anyone else in the future. Dylan, then, had a moment of realization and said no wonder there were rumors of him being a player, because if he acted like that normally, it would seem as though he was a player.

Cedric voiced how it's unfair that he's always the one who had to put in effort to acting as someone in love and wanted her to do the same for him. She asked how much of physical interactions nobles usually have in the capital. He told her it's normal for them to kiss on the cheek and she kissed his cheek. After that she stopped and laughed. Cedric's mind strayed as he thought of how close she was ('within reaching distance') and wondering if his desk is wide enough to put her on there. He wanted to push all the things aside from his desk. :blobnosebleed:

This was brought up again when they were at her father's study from earlier spoiler.
    C: Because what was done now, I had wanted what I thought of back then
    D: .... what did you think about then
    C: Because even that night, I was measuring how wide my desk would be
    D: What is that-
    D: Oh my gosh (she turned red)
    D: that early?
    C: perhaps long before that

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  15. Vinajovan

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my kiss on the cheek and something already.. man he fall fast

16. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    That kiss on the cheek simply solidified his various thoughts and feelings. I believe he fell in love long ago when they spoke in garden and she apologized to him.

SkyLisette, TrinaAngel, Klioo and 8 others like this.
  17. Vinajovan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah I got it now.. so he is actually fell for her even before their marriage that's why in mahwa he keeps blushing while thinking of her

Tofufufu, Klioo, Assassin997 and 6 others like this.
  18. Chipolino

Chipolino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot again. You said that their first kiss happened because he realized that if he didn't do anything, nothing would change. I would like more details of the scene itself. As far as I understood before, she kept pushing him away and in the end he simply could not stand it and went on the attack

Mira99, Mitsuki000, syofiaa and 2 others like this.
  19. minimoni

minimoni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cedric is ready to risk it all after that kiss lmao:blobjoy: now I'm curious about Dylan's side :hmm: when did she felt something to Cedric? how did she realize her feelings and stop pushing him away? any dylan jealous moments? :aww:

oh and thank u btw for the spoilers :bloblove:

20. Carollllllll

Carollllllll Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw the new chapter of the manhwa and want to share , it was really fun , I dont know how to put a spoiler tag so I will spoil here
    SPOILER
    Cedric proposed to Dylan in front of everyone and she was like , ugh Miles:facepalm: , it seems that miles was really a jerk he was engaged to Dylan and one day on a ball he said loud that the one he loves is Emily , after that every misfortune that happens on the family they put the blame on miles :blobjoy:.