Request Is it any good?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Kamal, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamal

Kamal uhmmm... hmmm... are you serious?

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than reading this novel, instead I want to put it on my reading list which I'll destroy after my holidays have come. However I'm not sure whether or not I want to keep this on the list as the plot doesn't sound very interesting.

Just wanted an honest opinion on the World of Cultivation & The Great Ruler; do you think its worth to read at all or just wait till I get bored and come back to it?

Sorry for your wasting your time on demeaning threads like this.. :(

2. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    What other series do you read or what do you like? Might make it easier then personal bias. I enjoy both of them. Currently World of Cultivation is higher ranked to me because I'm more interested in whats going to happen next and the current buildup.

If we know what you like we might be able to have an idea if it will interest you.

3. Aicila

Aicila Huh?

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're already busy with other novels you can always just leave them for later. I haven't read World of Cultivation, but I think TGR isn't bad. It's probably one of the better ones, and it looks like it's starting to warm up a bit more in the last few chapters. There is only 140(?)ish chapters though so you can go through it pretty quickly. I'd say it's certainly worth giving a try, but if you can hold off just for now and let a few more chapters build up, it's probably a better idea. I'd say it's better to let chapters stack up for all novels though.

4. Saitama

Saitama Hmph

Reading List:
    Link
    TGR is actually pretty decent compare to some of the other series out there
    World of Cultivation on the other hand i havent read so i cant really give you an opinion on it

5. Satan

Satan Yes

Reading List:
    Link
    World of cultivation, is over average

6. infinitum

infinitum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Include ze tian ji to the list extremely boring.

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    TGR is pretty good. It's gotten to a good point right about now, so starting now is no problem.

8. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot to mention TGR is on a 1 month break (started 3-4 days ago) because the translator is in finals I believe.

9. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link
    TGR is good yes world of cultivation is slow (IMO) but still good .

10. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah...ignore my previous post.

11. Wytchlord

Wytchlord I like strawberries ~

Reading List:
    Link
    World of cultivation is rather slow paced but definitly one of the best novels being translated currently. At least in my opinion ^^
    It is at the moment together with ISSTH my favorite.
    The MC character is definitly interesting x)

Turbe and infinitum like this.
  12. tocos10

tocos10 Even more then the greatest Poster

Reading List:
    Link
    Both are good stories worth the read.

13. SilverTap

SilverTap Teenage Hand Model

Reading List:
    Link
    They are both pretty good.
    World of Cultivation: Is kind of refreshing, and pretty unique, but i don't think that it is suited for reading in bunches, otherwise you will get tired quickly.
    TGR: It is good, and better when reading in bunches, and the latest chapters came to a interesting climax. If you like BTTH and WDQK, you will like it too.

Edit: also World of Cultivation has one of the best MCs ever!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  14. Kamal

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow so little time but a lot of replies. Ah ok might as well stack them both till later.

Oh you guys have any recommendations? I like novels with a smart mc but I don't mind hot blooded, crazy mc like Chu Feng. But all together I really enjoy reading ISSTH, nice plot and the mc doesn't have a super power move or stone or just naturally gifted from the start. Uses his brain and doesnt kill implusively like most mc of novels atm.

So any recommendations? :D

15. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    World of Cultivation is dope as fuck in my opinion, probably one of the most unique xianxia novels out there currently is a little bit unlike all the other ones and so far one of my favs. Now I'ma be a bit honest here I think pretty soon it will turn into the standard rather than stay unique, the MC seems to no longer be your average guy like at the beginning and he is little by little turning into the tired old standard overpowered MC with a powerful mentor who no one knows about that resides in his consciousness/soul, so yeah pretty soon it will be part of the zombie mob and while I won't drop it I will say that I am very disappointed because I thought at the start and early chapters that it was really going to be something new. As for The Great Ruler, I think it's alright but I feel that maybe because it's the same author and it's supposedly set in the same universe as WDQK and BTTH that the three stories resemble each other a bit too much, specially how they go about giving the characters secondary powers like Mental Energy/Alchemy/Array Master they all kinda feel the same to me, still a decent read if you are done with the rest of your faves though. Anyways GL and Happy reads. :)

16. MapleKaiser

MapleKaiser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah Ze tian ji gets good later on as he becomes way more op than everyone. The first 130 chapters is just the build up and etc.

Satan and infinitum like this.
  17. Kamal

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time I read Ze Tian Ji was when it was on chapter 80 so I'm just going to let itself build up till 200 before reading it. I'm only keeping up to date with novels like ST, Heavenly (forgot what it was called but has an admiral son little zhou fatty), MGA, ISSTH and WDQK. That probably sums it all up. But I do enjoy reading any type of genre which has powers in it. :)

MapleKaiser likes this.
  18. Turbe

Turbe Novel Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea its a very slow buildup. Moore for building a base/world and long period of character introductions. Its starting to get better with the current releases but can't wait till he can actually cultivate.

MapleKaiser likes this.
  19. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're missing out.

20. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read WoC but I think TGR is exactly what you're looking for. The MC relies on his brain and controls his emotions to maximize the effect of his actions. He's the type who would meet his blood-sworn enemy for a cordial get-together if it meant he'd be one step closer to killing them. I can't think of any others off the top of my head right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.