Discussion Is it really a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Deleted member 369806, Sep 30, 2021.

?

Would the world be the same?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

4. Other, please specify in a comment

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, Mr Popo here XD

So, a thought came to mind and I needed a place to share it, and what better place than NUF where different kind of readers gather XD

So, imagine if creatures like those in isekais actually exist today (in the modern world).

How would the state of the world be like? like the world politics for example? what about stuff like which food to consume and which not, like what if vegans side with elves while non vegans side with goblins or trolls or even dark elves? what if orcs start some kind of movement like "pigs life matter" or something?
    Then again, another thought replaced it, will they be recognizable as different species? I mean, in today's world, pretty much there is no pure race (you know, no one actually or purely the race they think they are), so, what if those species exist but their genes weakned and they look pretty much just like any human today, would they be recognized as humans or their respective original species (if they are still recognizable by some traits or maybe they identify as that species or maybe they know their family tree or something)?

S4TY4 likes this.
  2. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As always, the people with more money or power on top while the rest survive.

Return, idlereader, Alixiron and 2 others like this.
  3. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    …Like me? :blobnobully:

4. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean... yeah I suppose so XD

5. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After living in Florida for awhile i can safely say we will lose a large population of that state due to people either getting drunk and trying to fight or have sex with whatever fantastical creatures show up depending entirely on whether it has tits or not. Im not sure how the rest of the world will react.

Return, Alixiron, Baldingere and 2 others like this.
  6. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm... I don't know why I thought of a giant dragon in a suit sipping tea and watching the world XD
    That actually sound convincing XD

7. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    Humans can barely manage to get along with each other, you think we wouldn't immediately have murdered any other existences on the planet?

8. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, well, about that, I kind of sort of, thought that for whatever reason, those creatures would've somehow remained till today XD

Olives likes this.
  9. Deleted member 314196

Deleted member 314196 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Under one common enemy, everyone shall be in harmony! With that said, Humans will be the ones that's gonna get wiped out~ Humans will always seek what benefits themselves first befoere even considering working together as a species~

Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  10. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    2021 we won't be as advanced in technology as now if elves, dragon etc here.
    Because science born from scientific thinking first. idk how to word it, im bad at english

11. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what you're proposing is a alternate Earth type of thing instead of a sudden visit or invasion from another place?

If the world was an alternate Earth, it's a maybe. Since even in isekai stories, there are people who live harmoniously but there's also those who are at war. Think No Game No Life before and after Tet.

If it were just visiting folk, it would probably depend on the mindset of the place they're visiting. If they visit the Americas, they're more than likely to be shunned and or attacked by people who have outspoken hate for anything that isn't a them. If it were West or Middle Europe, they would probably be welcome, same with Japan and Australia. I don't know about the African, East European (Ukraine, Russia), Asian (Middle East, China, India, Russia) but they seem to be a bit weirded out by different people and mindsets.

If it's invasions, if a country was approached with a lucrative deal, they would probably be on some good terms but at war with anyone else.

So, all in all, Maybe.

(A kind reminder: A hitchhiker robot was dismantled in America, because America)

12. Deleted member 314196

Deleted member 314196 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Objection~!
    Scientific development will actually be more advanced, due to the fact that there will be more to work with. For example: As we all probably know, Elf lives a long long long time, which would mean that researching them medically will bring a lot of benefits to mankind.

13. superdelicate

superdelicate cat facing down

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like humans will be enslaved species haha
    Or at least the world's most hated. Maybe we will be isolated in Australia or something.
    The humans will try to hunt other species (cause they have weird powers and need to dissect them and find out how they work? or perhaps to try breeding? idk) and those other species will need revenge.

14. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    First industrial revolution happened in the 1750s, and that really takes a long time even for human who dominated the world for a long time, it's starting by philosophically questioning everything, and then later on trying to scientifically answering it.
    Im pretty sure we will be trapped similar to the medieval world far more longer than it should be. Maybe 2 or 3 thousand more year. war, famine, almost driven to extinction, disaster caused by dragon or other races.
    Elves are too closed minded and only thinking about nature, im pretty sure they will object industrial revolution. And industrial revolution is what makes human civilization now.
    Many other races described in fantasy have much lower intelligence like goblin, ogre. And they will take more time than human.
    Maybe higher species who have more intelligence than human will make the changes in the world. Maybe human will not reach that because driven by extinction.

15. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds reasonable, especially with how things been for some years now, other species will probably take advantage of that XD
    Actually, that is kind of scary the more I think of it :blobastonished:

I think there will still be science, just that either the world will abandon magic (think of what happened historically, stuff like witch hunt and black magic and stuff like that) or science will be a bit different to include magic as a power source XD

Visiting folks huh? I think they will be treated like aliens, weebs from around the world will come to their rescue if anything were to happen to them, weebs literally nearly raided a military area (area 51) just because of some rumors of alien life, imagine if they become real XD

Rather than research, that sounds like it will start a world war, you don't just mess with the elves, they are very protective of their kind, unless, in reality they are not as portrayed in fiction XD

Breeding sounds the most probable to happen XD

Human will probably mate with alot if not all of the species at some point in history, making lots of hybrids living today XD

16. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It will be like ISOT in Grimdark(don't recommend coz it's dry AF), idiot protesters will ignore all warnings and welcome chaos abominations coz you can't descriminate, they'll be a tasty treat and worse.

17. LivingCorpse

LivingCorpse Half-dead Neighborhood's Undead

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... People used to and still is killing each other because their shade of skin tone is lighter or darker. I'm pretty sure by the beginning of Industrial Age, there will only be one species remaining.

I mean, we Homo Sapiens are pretty much the only human species remaining. The rest is either dead or assimilated. I'm pretty sure the other fantasy species will meet the same fate.

18. Deleted member 369806

Reading List:
    Link
    So, you don't think that the world will be in a better state but just worse? actually yeah, it is a kind of a scary thought but I can imagine that happening XD

I agree for the most part, because there is a chance that some of those species will go into hiding from the outside world or maybe start some kind of united country to defend their rights (I imagine there will be lots of humans who will support them through history one way or another) XD

19. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Twas a joke, you can hardly base social analysis of an unlikely probability from bad fiction. Though human stupidity is limitless I would say this could happen with orcs and goblins but probably not Chaos abominations, you know the "You can't judge them on looks and without even trying diplomacy!" until they get eaten while not tards are waiting nearby to purge them with fire.

So you meant fantasy races existing from the beginning, my example was for sudden appearance.
    Who knows, a lot of magical civilizations are shown as stagnating because magic provides and people don't wonder how stuff works coz magic. I don't think it would be that extreme but there would be some stagnation... there are also magic Illuminati who want to keep people ignorant so they keep their magic advantage!

Regarding racism, I can easily see what LivingCorpse being true, though old fiction before elves started being depraved evil snobs, shows that racism would be about the same as today except with actually different species.
    Different elven, dwarf, orc, whatnot and human kingdoms.
    While sci fi shows if aliens come, humanity unites against common enemy...but if diversity is known from the start this is not the case.

I think people of this world need to worry more about stopping the Burning Legion instead of pig rights.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
  20. dicaro2338

dicaro2338 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Live in a land - get traits helpful for surviving there. Species coexisting in the same land, are doomed to develop similar traits. Can understand each other and cooperate no worse than we do now. Species aren't important. Magic is.