Question Is It's Not Easy to Be a Man After Travelling to the Future worth to read?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Crimson_scarlet, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Crimson_scarlet

Crimson_scarlet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I was pulled because of the novel cover and the cunning protagonist tag and ruthless protagonist tag. I just wanna know if ling lan will become bad ruthless or righteous ruthless? I’m on chapter 35 and so far I’m not liking any of this kids stuffs thingy. I sometimes have the urge to just binge skip every chapter until I get to the chapter where mecha fights etc...

•I wanna now what chapter ‘does her personality change?’ (If that’s the right term)
    •I wanna know what chapter ‘does she get to grown up and can already fight like a cool woman’
    •I wanna know what happened throughout the chapter 36-100 so that I can skipped and move to the fighting parts and grown up ling lan.
    •lastly I wanna know what chapter does can she freely flex her gender etc.

(Ps: i saw a Shounen Ai tag and that freak me out. Please don’t tell me he pretended to be a boy for the whole book? Cause that be boring as nuts. )

2. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    I read till ch 534 and ya , she is still a boy. It became boring afterwards so I left it. But may be I will pick it up again in the future~~

Crimson_scarlet likes this.
  3. lavendidi

lavendidi First of Her Name, Lover of Cliches

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm afraid I'd have to disappoint you, my friend. She won't become a cool woman, cuz she'll become the most ruthless, most unreasonable, and most domineering MAN ever lol. She's such an OP person that even if you tell everyone that she's actually a woman, no one would believe it. I'm afraid she can only flex her gender to just 4 people at this point (excluding the trainers) - her parents, and some other two (I won't spoil who).

I guess there's a major character personality change in the chapters (I don't know which one, I can't pinpoint cuz there's too many), but the most major one is the most recent arc. Especially with someone important and some she hold dear dying one by one.

I admit I didn't really read the first few hundred chapters seriously with all the kids thing going on (and it got boring at some point tbh), but although I skimmed it, it was generally cool and good. The start of the best arcs I think would be in her high school days. It really started going uphill that time.

Regarding the shounen ai tag, it's for the other characters. (And maybe because of her manliness, the ml is even ready to be gay for her? Even willing to be the bottom one? Haha)

Aachiin0914 and Crimson_scarlet like this.
  4. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She always pretends to be a boy/man though there are a few people who know she is a woman. She does become a badass. There is not big time skip where she becomes an adult. Instead there are arcs with 2-3 year jumps (elementary, high school, college, fresh recruit, etc.). The shounen ai tag is mainly for some of the side characters though the main male lead does have that possessive BL vibe.

5. Crimson_scarlet

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh no. I better pack my luggage now. Buf Thank you for answering.

That’s great to know, at least now I’m less freak our. Again, I very much appreciated that you answered me.

Tech is life likes this.
  6. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    The cover is actually quite disappointed?? Boss Lan became big boobs lady with seductive features in the webtoon art. When Boss Lan was a man through and through. No one realized she was a woman until a certain chapter in 1700+ where she was severely injured and was in a coma. I thought her gender will be revealed there. But instead she got two fiancée. Also, Boss Lan was injecting a hormone stopper or something, that would stop her estrogen to develop. So except for her short height, Boss Lan looked like a cold beautiful commander. she once forget injecting that hormone stopper, and her period sudden came, lol.

The chapters were actually quite short? Or just that the events were slow in progress. If my memory is correct that series of chapter was the time when Boss Lan officially entered the school? They were ambush, and the system, number four, if i remember correctly, xontrolled a mecha for the first time in this time line.
    hahaha wait for her to become the emperor.

I think that's because of Mulan (lol I forgot ml's name. His true name was much easy to remember). Ml's destiny have something to do with an emperor. He was destined to become an empress, but he was a man and cant accept such destiny. And Boss Lan is acting like a man, without revealing her gender, Ml accepted him, and even thought of bending Boss Lan. Lol, that scene is hilarious.

Ml finding every possible moments to turned boss Lan gay. He even thought that being top by Boss Lan...He don't have any problem with it at all.

Really, one of the reason why I read this is because of ml's funny thinking. He certainly looks like a possessive bashful and clingy shou that has a tendency to go yandere over Ling Lan. And Boss Lan acted like a straight guy who doesn't know about romance at all.

hahaha

Crimson_scarlet and lavendidi like this.
  7. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    She became a cold, ruthless-ish, OP man sorta~ Since she wanted to keep getting stronger to protect her friends.

8. Tech is life

Tech is life [Disinterested] [Sleepy] [Blithe]

Reading List:
    Link
    OmO seeing so many comments appreciating boss lan I should go meet her at mecha war on the planet. But I guess I will have forgotten everyone except the main characters.┐(´(エ)`)┌
    But guys can you spoil me more about the ml?? He looks so much possesive

9. Crimson_scarlet

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay i have to admit that your comment piqued my interest fo read again. TYSM

Oh? Thank you so much for informing me.

Lissi likes this.
  10. Aachiin0914

Aachiin0914 ☼Sunnyshies☼

Reading List:
    Link
    It was boring in some parts, because some chapters tend to have detailed torturous training experience of boss lan.

Actually, boss lan's childhood focused more on her training.

I forgot the specific Chapter, but although her childhood is quite boring but when boss lan went to military academy, its going to become an exciting chapters.

There's no boring chapter in military academy arc. Because the author will time skip those vacation , and will focused more on trouble.

11. Crimson_scarlet

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my, I’m in the academy arc! Wow I’m getting excited for looking forward to it.

Aachiin0914 likes this.