Is life a scam?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bbctheory84, Mar 24, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is life a scam?

Poll closed May 12, 2019.
  1. Yes

58.7%
  2. No

23.9%
  3. IDK

17.4%
  1. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    At the very least, the standard of living is much better nowadays and you have the internet. :cookie: Decades ago, peasants like us would spend our entire lives slaving away for literally nothing and die knowing nothing. :notlikeblob:

2. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    imo internet has ruined peoples socialization. making friends is far harder nowadays then it was in the past. its good for novels and manga and stuff. but instagram,facebook, twitter,snapchat have ruined society imo

3. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does it seem like this thread will give me a +2 to my chances of suicide?

4. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    If that chair and noose is looking awfully friendly right now i'd recommend you see a therapist.

5. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    therapists are useless. i have talked them many times. the only thing that ever helped was the gym and that was it.

6. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Life is not scamming you. It's the people that are scamming you. Life has no deal or promises. People make deals and promises. Life is no responsible for anything that happens to you. People are responsible for most of everything that happens to you.

7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too edgy for me.

8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I think humans should stop pretending that they have a purpose other than being human slaves of cats. It's our sole purpose for existence.

But all seriousness aside, life has always been about luck and connections. Each person who is born into this world won a lottery. Not to mention being born as a human is also a plus vs any other creature on earth(sans cat). Then you have it more lucky you were born in a country with some wealth over some place in africa with scarce food or some place with war going on...

So when someone says, my life sucks, just remember how blessed we are compared to others.

There is a saying, during peaceful times people wish for excitement, during exciting times, people wish for peace. Humans are greedy creatures who can never be satisfied.

So even after you get your real VR, you'll play as the MC and have fun, then get bored and start destroying everything and eventually even that will get boring.

9. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    When its about life it's all true. Luck, connection, effort, talent, misunderstanding, upbringing, environment, etc. If you're talking about meaning then it is perhaps just one big scam. If you're talking about what it could offers within it then it's just what within your immediate reach. It is the truth that we're free to think and to choose. To take action too it's within our freedom. It is however not free of consequences. All of it never have no consequences.

10. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    OF COURSE!!!

Life is a comedy to those who think and a tragedy for those who feel. - Horace W

All our parents teaching are useless in our generation. what studying hard to get better living? what marriage life will make you happy? for them children is blessing, for some of us, children is burden tbh. You are judged when you did something, you are even more judged when you did nothing. When minimum wage is raised the household products prizes were also raised, like what's the point then? how are we supposed to save?? to keep living balanced life is also tiring, you can't be too introvert also can't be too extrovert. Like, i don't want to meet my big family gathering but when i went out, all hell broke loose. Life is this kind of stupid that i want to quit.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  11. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Depending on individual luck

12. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Look at all these trash and laugh at them. Fucking trash, know your place. Commit suicide if you're that unhappy with your life.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  13. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +2 chance of suicide has become +3