Discussion Is reading your main hobby?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Sep 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha some people do love their work. Personally, I'd rather have a hobby of making money than working.
    :blob_patpat:
    Know your value, some offices don't treat their employees justly. Life is short so I hope you still have time for yourself.
    Doing something consistently in a very short span of time makes people assume you're in love with that something. Especially, if that's what you all did during that time.

2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Today I learned that twenty six years counts as a short span of time. :hmm:

3. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Recently, I am reading not as much cuz nuf... and also, I still read what interests me, but as I said, waiting for updates, sometimes there are no updates even when you have like 30 novels you are interested in, in your library. That makes you search for other novels, but these years I have done so so many times. I think I have enough ongoings to be barely satisfied. Also, so many things I wanna do, that I read about one two chapters recently. Though I would like to say, reading is still one of my main hobbies. Just that I am trting to branch out and be more productive...
    You are very funny, disciple. Now, go back to your cave abode and cultivate before I banish you from our glorious Sect!
    Yeah, I also started from watching anime. Then I read some manga. And I wanted the continuation of manga so I read novels.
    Acting and baking, WOOO! That is cool as ice cream.
    Though reading before bed is mostly for physical copies. That way even if you read too much, you will be compelled to go sleep anyway.
    I also do not read much from NU these days.
    After Second Coming of Gluttony and LTBE I am not keeping up much with nuf.

4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I was mostly thinking about the "summer" part...

5. Bobwillrule

Bobwillrule Supreme Ruler of Bobylon

Reading List:
    Link
    You gotta have like 100 I have a waiting for chapters list and basically I get to read at least 10 chapters per day.

Baldingere likes this.
  6. One Perfect Veteran

One Perfect Veteran [ICL] [Bureaucat] [Cereal Killer]

Reading List:
    Link
    LOOOOL I completely understand that feeling of slowly converting to workaholism without even realising it. Actually I only realised that cuz of you...
    Stop the abuse!
    But you probably have your reasons anyway, so i just wish you luck in your endeavors. Working 13 hours a day needs steel nerves probably.
    LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, I have about so, but some of then I have lost interest in, I just forget to delete them from my libraries. That is why I said only about 30. But I get to read at least 2 chaps a day anyway so I am satisfied

Baldingere likes this.
  7. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh. Well, there really wasn’t anything else to do in that place. It was the middle of nowheresville in a foreign country where I didn’t speak the language and the only way to get to somewhere interesting was by being with an adult. I almost didn’t have a choice but to become interested in reading. :blobjoy:

8. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah. Believe me, I've spent my teenage years reading physical books at night. You don't naturally fall asleep.
    Example: I got a fantasy trilogy to read from relatives when i was around 12. The summary didn't catch my interest. In the evening, I decide to open book 1. Well that story was so good! I later bought the books and three more trilogies of the author Pierre Bottero, it's high-quality fantasy! Anyway, the evening goes on, I ate and "went to bed" and finished book 1. I picked up book 2. Then 3. I read all of them, went to sleep for 3 hours, got woken up by my parents and spent my saturday reading them all over again.
    Now maybe this example isn't fitting because those books were especially good, but even when I read a regular good book, once I picked up, I generally wouldn't put it down if I didn't force myself to it, and I never fell asleep reading. Not once in all these sleep-deprived years.

Vermouth and LK like this.
  9. Deleted member 348269

Deleted member 348269 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't fall asleep while reading too. Sometimes before I know it, the sun has already risen...

Baldingere and LK like this.
  11. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    YES!

Bad Storm likes this.
  12. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    YES!

13. Deleted member 202210

Deleted member 202210 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    The same goes for me. Reading keeps my sanity. There are times when my mood is extremely affected if I don't find any good stories to read. At those times I try to write, but I give up after writing about 3000 words at most.

babybb, Baldingere and Vermouth like this.
  14. Vermouth

Vermouth Older but none the wiser.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! Though sometimes I’ll go periods without reading anything, I always come back to it.

Besides reading, I spend a lot of time hiking and skiing on the weekends if the weather is good, so maybe that would be my secondary hobby. Though even when I’m hiking, I sometimes listen to audiobooks, which I guess is a form of reading. When I’m skiing, I sometimes bring my kindle and read on the lift up.

I would say puzzles are also a pretty long-term hobby. I’ve been doing them on-and-off for over 10 years by this point, though the form usually varies. Slitherlink, hashiwokakero, kakuro, crosswords, sudoku, etc.

15. MMWO

MMWO *pout*

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes ♡(> ਊ <)♡

16. Deleted member 381027

Deleted member 381027 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, same goes with you, although there long period of times where I don't read anything, I still do go back to it after.
    There's something about it, the feeling of just immersing myself in a story is really is nice, maybe I do it cause I want to escape reality somehow. It's relaxing and it keeps me distracted from some of my thoughts that I would like to go away :>
    And I just really love reading <3

17. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading is my longest one, but a close second is painting. I think I started painting in 1st grade, so only a few years less than reading…

Baldingere likes this.
  18. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading is my life, everything else is just an hobby..

My main hobby would be eating and sleeping.

Ps: yup, whenever I get free time I have a book or am going through ln/wn.

When did you start reading?

babybb and Baldingere like this.
  19. babybb

babybb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started pretty early, so probably around 4-5 years old was when I began to understand what I was reading, but I don’t think I started just picking books up on my own until I was around 6.

20. nadia88

nadia88 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish. Right now my main hobby is being on my phone doing nothing. I'm trying to change it towards reading though.