Discussion Is the Comic Industry collapsing?

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by UnknownSaint171, Mar 3, 2019.

1. AkunDami

AkunDami Neu membar

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering Captain Marvel was a righteous piece of shit who basically murdered Bruce Banner, its a given.

TheNewGuy likes this.
  3. khanz113

khanz113 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished approximately all the English scanlated manga and was hoping to find good comics that are focused on a male protagonist and his love life. the comics should contain comedy, romance, Sci-fi, superpowers, and supernatural stuff. I haven't tried comics before but have watched western tv series(some of them may be based on comics) and enjoyed are "The Flash", "teen wolf", " The Tomorrow People", "deadly class". "12 monkeys(a little boring but interesting nonetheless)", " Game of Thrones".

But after seeing people's opinions about western comics I think I should drop the idea of even touching them.

4. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe they need to make more diversity on genre?

oh yeah~ when someone talk about western comic what pop up on my mind is superhero theme story~ or something badass theme~
    I feel kinda weird tho cuz when I was child (and somewhere around when I was teen) what I read is donald duck comic. his uncle pocket comic, the adventure of tin tin(or something like that kind of story)~ asterix and obelix(yes I know it from france but it from west no?)~ oh also adventure of monica~

put it simple my view toward comic
    for novel western beat eastern by hundreds of year margin but for comic eastern beat western by millennia gap

or something like that~

Anra7777 likes this.
  5. Ripple

Ripple Notice me Daisydacrazy senpa

Reading List:
    Link
    They are trapped in the past and don't really follow what their readers really want. Other than that print medium is dying

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I think rebooting stories gets old, its like endless fan fiction these days. Unfortunately US print comics have been stuck with the same old super heroes and the same old styles. One thing that makes JP manga good is their movement transition and character expressions. Most US comics are like robots, sure they have their evil laughs, their shocked faces but it doesn't transmit emotion very well.

7. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to read a Marvel comic online - Ms. Marvel Vol. 1: No Normal (it's on Kindle & comiXology) - since I heard it was good. I wanted to support the artists but WTF it was totally unreadable! Tiny text and there was no zoom. This should NOT be a problem since I can easily read scanned manga and comics online. If a random weeaboo can make manga readable, why can't Marvel do it?

It's disgusting that those Marvel noobs aren't even trying to capture the online market.

8. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you see children of the atom? Marvels doubling down.

9. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks to SJW, Toxic Feminism, Political Correctness and much more BS :notlikeblob: their also slowly creeping to Manga :facepalm:

otaku31 likes this.
  10. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    oh. it seems even DC might get shut down by Warner Bros. What a pleasure