Discussion Is there a game like OSO

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by han2xiah, Apr 10, 2016.

1. han2xiah

han2xiah [NightDweller][MoonlightScavenger][Li'lCrazy]

Reading List:
    Link
    As the titled decree i am not looking for a vr game but a game with same environment like having 10 sp first then picking skill etc
    Pc/ps games is good having different sense tree for each sense and gaining skill each certain level of the likes. I wonder if there is such a game?

2. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    What is oso?

3. han2xiah

Reading List:
    Link
    Only Sense Online a novel

4. Raizell

Raizell Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Judging from the synopsis then most likely not.

han2xiah likes this.
  6. faulcon

faulcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suppose Skyrim is the closest I can think of though much less complex. It shares the idea of character level based on skill levels which you develop by using them at least but there's a much reduced set of skills to develop. Mabinogi might be a possible mmo with similar setup but with a much larger set of skills that increase talents.

han2xiah likes this.
  7. han2xiah

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess so

8. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Skyforge would be my recommendation. Free 2 Play; Their skill system is at the same time combined with their class system which is somewhat fluid. While there are defined classes, bonuses from most if not all of the unlocked portions apply to all classes. You can change classes freely as long as you're not in combat(and even that has a loophole). The skill system is somewhat reminiscent of the Sphere Grid of Final Fantasy X. Not the same, just reminiscent of.

Basically you start out going through the tutorial where it teaches you the initial 3 classes you have access to at all times. After you finish that you get some Sparks(orbs, grid currency, whatever you want to call them) and with this, you begin your journey. You can either choose to spend them on new skills and buffs within one of the three starter classes or start moving along the grid(Ascension Atlas) towards another Class Symbol to unlock it. Eventually you unlock the ability to become a god, which you can transform into during combat vastly increasing your capabilities. There is some crafting but it's more mid-game then beginning. "Dungeons" can range from 1-10 players depending on which one you do. They scale based on the number of players.

Because the class system is fluid and most acquired increases apply to all classes, you only need 1 character. There are no actual levels, instead of you have Prestige, which is an accumulation of the points gained each time you unlock a node or add new gear. Higher prestige unlocks more areas and higher difficulty versions of previous areas, thus scaling runs. Server wide, group, guild, and end-game content is all ongoing, changing a little bit every few weeks. It is not pay 2 win, and except for 1 or 2 cosmetic items, everything can be acquired in-game without spending any real money.

There is more to it, but I think this is more than enough information. Personally, while there are some obvious differences, I feel like this is the most like OSO that I know of. Since you don't actually have to group with anyone if you don't want to, or you run content almost exclusively in groups. Or some happy medium. Most guilds have an Academy attached, which if you are in, when you hit certain benchmark Prestige levels(figuratively speaking) you gain extra resources to further boost you. You also gain a cult following that will do your bidding.

TL;DR - You're an immortal who can become a god. No real levels. Play as any class on one character. Build the character how you want. Play alone or in group, it doesn't matter. And you get minions.

9. han2xiah

Reading List:
    Link
    A heaven sent by god ooow i look forward into it

10. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    And I'm glad to see it intrigues you. If you need help, let me know. Since there are only 2 servers, NA and EU, I can offer some help on the NA server. There are ways to get around the scaling somewhat to help lower level players build up a little more quickly. Probably won't be on for about 12hrs as of this post, but then I'll be on for hours.

11. honglath

honglath I miss my PC

Reading List:
    Link
    Last i played Skyforge, it was grindy as hell and i mean grindy. You started out with 3 basic classes available, each with its own skill page, then you had to upgrade one of them far enough to open up the main skill page which held the access to all the other classes. And finally you had to grind at least a week to barely afford reaching the cheapest class, another week to afford unlocking it and a third one to decently upgrade it.
    Or you could buy points\dlc from the shop.
    Might have changed since i last played though...

12. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link

A fair amount, it only opened last May I believe, and there have been a decent amount of changes and updates thus far. And frankly, any MMO is grindy as hell. But for what han2xiah seems to be looking for, I think this will do the trick.

13. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I can make you a single player OSO game app if you pay me enough. Don't ask me to make MMO because that will mean you have to pay me every month and I have to maintain the game regularly, which is a total pain in the butt.

14. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like something you should develop regardless. You could sell it to all the OSO and NU fans.

Llamadragon likes this.
  15. saffu

saffu dead

Reading List:
    Link
    u know i thought ur post was actually serious up until the MMO part

16. queeniegreen

queeniegreen New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is oso?

17. Lacer08

Lacer08 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancients reborn, maybe?
    You level skills manually.

18. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its strange but most game system novels just wouldnt work as actual games
    completly broken game balance ? fine for novels but games ?
    whenever i read taming master i scretched my head and told myself " yeah absolutly devs create content for 1-3 players in a MMO and others never will even hear of it
    you start late or dont spend 20h per day in game ? not reaching the top would be normal but excluding you from 40% of the content because its one time use ? ...

also i think they destroyed skyforge pretty hard with their patches/gamechanges

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Tinty89 likes this.
  19. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    Well considering you're responding to a 4 1/2 year old post, you may be right about them screwing it up. But maybe not necro-ing ancient threads and creating your own thread to talk about the feasibility of games novels as actual games would be better.

Tinty89 likes this.
  20. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didnt actually necro it
    as the last post before mine was 2h before, not years

and tbh i dont really check the dates of posts everytime before answering - but i also dont go back 3X ++ pages to search for thread to reply to

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    Lacer08 and Tinty89 like this.