Is there a tag for actual rebirth? If not, can we make one?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by bleh360, Oct 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bleh360

bleh360 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok....how do you suggest I go about getting this approval? Is this approval just "yeah it fits" or more like "We don't need it so nah" Kind of thing...cause I would like to see the panel and explain my case if there is something like that....

Do you know?

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are arguing terms. As @runsing have said, the tag exist and it is Reincarnation.
    What NU used, does not mean it's the universal term used o other sites. Do you have any idea how many terms just the Chinese site used? What they say Transmigration, the Japanese say Isekai. What they say Reborn, the Korean say Regression. What you want already exist. It's the same thing, just a different wording. Po-tay-to po-tah-to.
    What do you think we are doing posting in this thread? Anyway, the official clean up thread: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/cleaning-up-tags-on-nu-v2-0.40496/

Based on what you've said, I don't see anything new that doesn't already exist on the current list of tags, but that might just be me. Make your arguments there if you wish. We'll see how it goes.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's literally what you have been doing in this thread. You present your arguments to why the tag should exist, and the mods either agree or disagree with your view... If they disagree, either you convince them otherwise, or give up on the tag.

bleh360 likes this.
  4. bleh360

Reading List:
    Link

Other specific Stackable Tags were made, why is this any different?

The tag already existed for reincarnation, so why do you need a tag called Reincarnated into a Game world(in fact Reincarnated into Another World already exists, so why do we need Game World?), reincarnation tag is ambiguous right? It could have been any world they reincarnated into yes? But the tag was added for a distinct purpose to single out those novels that are game worlds reincarnation. I want the same thing for newborn. Based on Number 2 of the Tag rules right, it shouldn't exist cause it's basically reincarnation anyways right? The tag I want is the same as those others, I'm not sure the reason it is allowed but I would guess someone said "Yeah it's different from the general" ? So I'll tell you the difference.

Comparing other sites, doesn't really help me cause NU is the only one I have ever used....so....yeah, not much to comment on that cause IDK

Reincarnation is not being used the way it is defined, this makes it hard to do filtering on something so simple.
    This site NU, has a general term, with other tags that stack to add specification, You claim Reincarnation tag already covers it, but it is also a muddy tag that includes other scenarios where they aren't reincarnated from the womb! What I am talking about is a specific tag to stack with reincarnation to pull out that specific scenario, regardless of everything else that happens in the novel that is a setting. You ask what is new being added, it is the same for those other reincarnation tags, it is for filtering purposes, because a person should not need to use 5, 6, 7 different tags to find a novel with a very clear and specific setting, Even "reincarnated as baby" is wrong cause I actually want the protagonist to come out of the womb all over again if they just show up in a world as a baby that's not being born again... it is entirely different but still classified on NU as Reincarnation because that is the way the tag is being used, and that is where the issue lies. How would someone find the 6 novels of Reincarnated as Object if someone didn't have the filter? It's still reincarnation, why choose to separate it? There were too many results and it was hard to find the specific scenario? I'm having the same problem.

If you do a filter on Reincarnation, see how many novels you find that aren't someone born from the womb, in fact see how many results you get! It's quite a bit, not just 2 or 3 pages, a woping 5-8 pages and this what I find in those pages just from Synopsis alone:
    Godly Empress Doctor
    Reincarnation into the Barrier Master
    The Founder of Diabolism
    I Was Reincarnated
    ^ This one don't even have the Reincarnated into Another world tag and based on Synopsis...should!
    Gun-ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei Shitara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem o Tsukucchaimashita!?
    Black Bellied Prince’s Stunning Abandoned Consort
    ^ Cant really tell for this one but it's sketchy enough
    Reincarnation of the Heaven

Its a Difference of Squares and Rectangles

There are probably more I only went over half of the first page that loaded for me, but can you at least see my delima? This is not efficient, why can't we leave Reincarnation as ambiguous as it is and just add specification in different tags. Reincarnation can clearly cover those like, Strange Life of a Cat where MC is not a monster and not in another world and not a human but definitely born again from something else. Also Novels where MC Is a Reincarnation of something, but isn't actually a soul life form who remembers it's past lives (like what happened in Aquarion). It can clearly cover gaps in the Reincarnation types, but I feel like Reincarnation is not the same as Reincarnated from the womb again.
    It's Squares and Rectangles.... a Square is a Rectangle(being born from the womb again is Reincarnation), but a Rectangle is NOT a square (Reincarnation is not being born from the womb again).

It's either the cleanup is not efficient because the tag is ambiguous and people are debating the usage based on the term, or the tags are not efficient because they have no other buckets to put these specific novels, which is easier I don't know, but I made my case. As the number of translated Novels grow I'm sure more ambiguously defined reincarnation novels will surface making it that much harder to find this specific scenario "being born from the womb again"

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  5. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sorry that I cannot completely read your message. But before you got off ignoring this one, I have two things to say:
    1. Reincarnation into X world or Reincarnated as X is plot significant. It signifies the setting in which the story takes place and is thus important because it is tagging an important plot point which signifies the direction in which the story goes.
    2. Reincarnated from a womb, in this case, from my understanding of the novels in general, is NOT plot point. It is tge reincarnation which gives a direction to the story, not HOW you Reincarnated. We don't have a Reincarnated due to Truck kun tag. Why? The mechanism is not important for more than a couple of jokes at most, while the end result sets the direction of the story. This is why Reincarnated from the womb is not relevant enough to become a tag.
    I hope this clears it up. For any further replied specifically from me that you want, please tag me. Otherwise, I have to go back to my movie.

6. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Child Protagonist
    The protagonist is a child. Only apply this tag if the protagonist is a child for a significant part (chapter-wise) of the novel.

They didnt remove CP tag because MC goes adult but because it didnt significant enough to warrant the tag.

:blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

Blitz and runsing like this.
  7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I have now read you entire message. I agree with you. Yes, the more novels that come out the more problematic the ambiguously defined and used reincarnation tag will become. The reincarnation tag has to be better defined, and by this definition of something is getting excluded then it had to get a new tag. The definition of the tag will be reviewed and suggestions are welcome.
    BUTTTTTTT
    Reincarnation from womb still won't make the cut. At worst, we can make it such that reincarnation tag signifies 'normal' Buddhism based reincarnation where you are truly reborn. Yes, that entire batch of tags will be reviewed, don't worry.
    But womb stuff and all is still plot irrelevant so no efforts will be made from the side of the mods or the tag helpers to make a new one for it.

bleh360 likes this.
  8. bleh360

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want a better way to find these specific novels. For me being born again from the womb changes the whole setting for me qhen i read. As i said the difference between someone being dropped in the world with some years already on them and will impact how that character interacts with other characters throughout the entire novel. Asking "dumb" questions that anyone the characters age should know making other chatacters think the Mc is innocent or dumb kind of troupe. That to me is an impact to the plot and should be a tag. Difference being when they are raised within the world from infant they see and experience more making the info dump and the random explanations throughout the novel much less unless of course the author sucks but thats a whole other thing.

Its something specific i would like to be able to filter out. If the tag reincarnation is for that purpose, i think the cleanup needs to be better for that tag, and if the tag wont be used for that then we need a new tag for this specific scenario. If the review is happening great! Lets find some kind of middle ground on this somehow.

Thank you for understanding my meaning.

Well if the child never becomes an adult they would never remove it...that was kind of the point i was going for. Since these novels are so long we might start out cp tag for a long time (in actual time not novel time) but then one day im searching couldnt remember the novel that i saw that had 3 chapters translated where the character was born again after she died and i cant find the shiz anymore probably cause someone who read ahead took off the cp tag cause they became an adult in the raws. Thus making the cp tag completely unreliable for what im looking for, my point was this kind of thing, cp tag is sometimes added prematurely and at least when they are young there is a pretty good chance not 100% but a better chance of me finding a born again plot within the first two pages. Both age progression and cp tag would be quite unreliable, so i need something a little more stable if you know what i mean.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  9. DBR

DBR New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is Transmigration, not Reincarnation.

Reincarnation is always reborn from the womb. Among these, some novels will choose to detail the birthing stage, baby stage, toddler stage. Other novels will choose to skip forward to the teens or adult stage. No matter what, the character is always confirmed to have been reborn into the world.

Transmigration on the other hand is a character who was assimilated into a body that had been already born or grown up. You seem to have tumbled onto Transmigration stories that got mistagged as Reincarnation. You can help retag things correctly.