Is there a way to enable comments on Wordpress PAGES by default?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Eeveelutionlvr, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Eeveelutionlvr

Eeveelutionlvr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    See title. Basically I keep forgetting to hit 'enable comments' button before I publish pages and then AWOL for the next few hours, losing people that might comment in the process. I know Wordpress set the default behaviours for pages to disable comments by default, so how do I enable them as a default behaviour? Wordpress's help support page very helpfully says 'you can press enable comments on a page before you publish it.'

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually, I copy the format from the previous page and do a little bit tweak here and there but I don't know about the recent change in WordPress editor(?). I heard that they are unnecessarily complicated but I don't know about it myself so shrugs.

3. Dummy

Dummy Need nyans

Reading List:
    Link
    I did ask wordpress support before (perhaps like nearly a year ago so idk if there are any changes) but there basically isn't. U gotta remember to check the box everytime before u upload it. I used to have the same problem as you, I once got on a flight after publishing the most intense chapters without checking the box and ... y know the rest.

I think you can contact wordpress/feedback to them, I'm not sure if they ever did consider my other feedbacks but its worth a shot

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Use a browser extension to autocheck it?

5. Kiki0246

Kiki0246 Top Notch Fujoshi, Owner of ISO TLs

Reading List:
    Link
    kenar likes this.