Resolved Is there an easier/faster way to extract raws from images?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by clishae, Nov 30, 2021.

1. clishae

clishae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As of now, I only know one method. I have to upload all the screenshots in Google drive and open it through Google Docs. I need to do it one by one so it's time consuming. Is there another way to do it?

Hoki and potatohunn like this.
  2. KazeYuki

KazeYuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Combine all the screenshots into one pdf and then open that pdf through google docs.

clishae and Smilingly like this.
  3. Lilac0420

Lilac0420 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I use 2 methods for k-novels. idk about other language

Use 1st method if you have the raws and 2nd method if you want to rip raws directly from the site.
    1. Use Vflat. You can recognize text in images and I can say like 90+% accuracy. But you can only ocr 100 images per day so change your timezone. Note that you need to let the app finished the ocr for images before changing timezone.
    2. Use "universal copy" if you want to rip directly from app. This can only be used to epub and not images. Naver Series and Ridibooks are famous companies and they creates their novel as epub. Kakaopage are being open to epub these days so it's easy to rip novels on that platform. Note that scroll mode in naver series, kkp, ridi and other sites are much more easier. Also, learn how scroll mode in "universal copy" works because that's the easiest. Using this app, you can ocr 1 chapter in less than 1 minute, depending in length of the chapter.
    Images in KKP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Epub in KKP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    nee3n, its0k, aoiisora and 1 other person like this.
  4. clishae

clishae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried it, and it works! Using my phone, I still have to insert the images one by one but I thought using laptop will be much easier and yeah really, just CTRL+A and I was able to compile it in just one swoop. :blob_teary: It didn't even mess up the arrangement of chapters. Thank you so much! :sushi_thankyou:
    At first, I'm having trouble downloading this since it requires 13.0 ios version, I have to update my phone. I stopped using OCR apps because it confuses the characters very much to the point that it doesn't make sense anymore. But when you mentioned 90% accuracy, then I tried it :sushi_cool: Gladly, it works well. It can even read the apostrophe, which is really great! I think I already need to update my kkp to use epub feature. And thank you for the detailed advice, I'll note that!:sushi_thankyou:

Hoki, potatohunn and KazeYuki like this.
  5. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    Use google docs, google keep, Microsoft note etc.

You need to combine them first ofc.

6. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From images? Get a pirated copy of ABBYY Fine Reader. I did. Great for extracting text from doujinshi.

Aeana likes this.
  7. nee3n

nee3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found this thread and here's the easy way than manually copy-pasting the raws to a notepad:blobsneeze:

8. DealingWithIt

DealingWithIt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't found an alternate for universal copy yet but you can open chapters in a browser on IOS devices (it works on my phone, iPad, and Mac). I use Chrome and it also doesn't block screenshots this way! Although universal copy sounds great :( I wish I could do a chapter in a minute

9. DealingWithIt

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! It works most consistently for me if I open Kakao by first searching the novel/manhwa in Korean and then clicking the link to open Kakao and then logging in (or any story! Once you open Kakao this way you're in and you can move to different pages and search within Kakao without it kicking you out. Not sure why it works this way tho lol). If you just try typing Kakao into the search bar it'll sometimes tell you to get the app. And it has to be on Chrome!

natsume_serenade likes this.
  10. DealingWithIt

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course, no problem!

And while I didn't find a way to OCR a chapter in a minute directly from the app, I did find some chrome extensions that can help rip the images from the chapter all at once without you having to take individual screenshots. Any batch image downloader works (fatkun image downloader, batch image downloader, DownThemAll, etc. just depends on which one you like most). You just click on the extension after scrolling through the chapter and then it'll open a new page where you can download all the images from the page at once! And from there all you have to worry about is OCR :cool:

natsume_serenade likes this.
  11. Moshi Mochi

Moshi Mochi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just found out this thread and realize that all this time I've veen wasting my time to ocr image to text 1 by 1 screenshoot using papago :blobfearful:, there's effective way to do :facepalm:

12. samanta.widjaja

samanta.widjaja Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i download the chapter from kakaopage app and got epub. but i can't open it outside kkp to mtl because it got drm. any idea?

13. rakazzt

rakazzt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    maybe try sigil? I think its have de-drm plugin

samanta.widjaja likes this.
  14. samanta.widjaja

Reading List:
    Link
    it still request the password, but the password for login isn't working. perhaps the device id? but i don't know where to view that in my android phone. thank you

rakazzt likes this.
  15. rakazzt

Reading List:
    Link
    the last thing I know its this my friend used it look like its the same plugin for sigil?

16. samanta.widjaja

Reading List:
    Link
    i used it to but using calibre. it can remove drm, but you must supply it with the key. but i don't know where kakaopage save the key

rakazzt likes this.
  17. rakazzt

Reading List:
    Link
    seems like you need to dig deeper to get it done lol