Question Is there an easy way to get raws?

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by rayraybites, Jul 8, 2021.

1. rayraybites

rayraybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do know it's very easy to get some Chinese raws because there are raw aggregators for that but I've been wondering this because I got a raw provider once that could give me the whole complete novel in txt format in a single day. This one: Bug Player - Novel Updates

When I searched all I could find was the kakaopage. From there, the only way I know how to rip is to get each image one by one and OCR. It's a slow and arduous process. No matter how quickly I try to do it I definitely wouldn't be able to do it in a day...

Cerene likes this.
  2. Cerene

Cerene The Abandoned Woman

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you tell me more about this kakaopage? I had visited it once and wasn't able to find the RAWS. How does it work?

rayraybites likes this.
  3. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read this, I got the impression that the novel you were looking for was a CN one LOL

My bad.

The novel you're looking for is a KR novel. Kakao is a KR novel site. CN raw sites are kinda irrelevant in this situation, and you can just search the forums with the keyword "kakao", since I know a lot of people have had problems making an account and buying chapters on Kakao before.

rayraybites likes this.
  4. nienienie

nienienie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your question is how someone could get a whole raw chapters in txt format for a novel in just a day, right?

I just checked and found that novel also posted on ridibooks. From what I know, there was a method to download epub(?) from ridi then change it to txt format in a short time but I don't know how. Maybe you can ask around, or check on threads that have ridi or ridibooks in their title. I'm sure I've read it there.

And, if you want a raw you maybe want to check on other sites first, some of them are less easier to ocr but sure kkp is cheap because you can get free coins to read it, but yeah, ridibooks, munpia, google books, are a good place to check

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    rayraybites likes this.
  5. itsgraxiabibi

itsgraxiabibi smol beby

Reading List:
    Link
    wait, there's a way to DL epubs from ridi? I thought it's not possible bc of Ridi's DRM.

6. rayraybites

rayraybites Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, that was my question. Thank you for your answer, I'll look into that :aww:

hmm it depends on what raws you're looking for. Kakaopage only has some korean novels and they have them in image format which is a pain to rip lol

hmm it depends on how
    I was also wondering how to get raws from other sites too (like r19 works on ridibooks) in general--ways to maybe get past paywalls and such. I thought maybe there could be a tutorial somewhere that I can look at?

7. nienienie

nienienie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a way, I said. And from what I know, isn't drm thingy is new? Even so, there are a few outta there who knows how to pass that drm but that is not me of course. There is someone I want to ask but I believe it's kinda rude to just suddenly dm someone in discord and I'm not in a rush to get raw so I haven't ask them yet.

If it's for ridibooks r19, you could find the tutorial in the internet, there are a good post that guide you step by step to get approved. You just need your passport or identity card and email something to their cs then wait for a few days, voila you got r19 account there.

rayraybites likes this.