Oneshot Is This Love?

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by AliceShiki, Jul 11, 2019.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a story I wrote for Yuri Garden's Writing Competition... I didn't really plan things out for this one, and just went with the flow overall...

Looking back on it, I think it really lacks some emotional conflict... But it's hard to capture it with a small word count.

I don't think it is very good, but I hope it can be a bit enjoyable at least~

PS: I got lazy and ended up not proofreading it, be wary of typos.

Synopsis: How do you deal with someone forcing their feelings upon you? Do you push them away? Do you accept them? Or do you just... Procrastinate in finding an answer.

I believe most of us would choose the latter, but sooner or later we must give a reply, shouldn't we? But what about our own feelings? How long must it take for us to find out how we feel? And do these feelings match with what the other person is feeling? And what is the other feeling in the first place? Are they truly feeling everything they say they do?

Life waits for no one, but sometimes... It gives us just enough time to sort our heads out, even if we need a certain push to find ourselves.

This is a story of an one-sided relationship, and how it shapes the person on the other side.

Genre: Romance, Slice of Life, Girl's Love

Today, I saw a star fall from the sky. A shining meteor burning the horizon and landing just on top of the cliff near my house.

I wondered if I should just ignore it, but... When do you get the opportunity to see a fallen star? Isn't that like, a super duper rare thing? Before my mom got back from work, I decided to run... No, walk to the top of the cliff, I'd get tired otherwise.

Well, what else was I expecting, of course there was just a crater and nothing more... No wait, there is something in the middle... Uhn... Hello? Why is there a girl sleeping naked in the middle of a crater of a fallen star? What are you going to tell me now? That she is an alien and the star was actually a spaceship that malfunctioned and coincidentally fell right next to my house? As if...

I got close and poked her unconscious body, "Hey, don't just sleep there, you'll get a cold." The girl slowly opened her eyes, she seemed to be about 16 years old, so our ages should be pretty close... She's beautiful, damn, I'm jealous. Bet she already has a boyfriend by now.

She slowly opened her eyes after a bit more poking and blinked a bit, "Morning, Love" she said, and then kissed me before falling asleep again.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, just what the hell was that!?

The girl absolutely refused to wake up, so I ended up having to carry her back home because... Well, I'd feel bad to leave a fainted girl in the middle of a cliff naked and alone, I mean... She could get kidnapped, raped or eaten by a wild animal, I'm not that much of a horrible person.

... I did kinda regret my decision when I realized how hard it was to walk while carrying someone... I mean, sure, it was downhill so it wasn't the end of the world, but just because it was near home it doesn't make the process any easier!

Somehow I did get home though, ended up dressing her in some of my old clothes and hoped she'd wake up by the time mom came home... Meanwhile I went to the bath because God, did I get sweaty after this hike, I need to relax.

And of course the girl had to wake up and go inside the bathroom while I was showering... Hello!? The door was locked! What's wrong with you!?

Then I heard her voice from outside the box "You left me alone, love..." Alone my ass! I carried you all the way here! Give me a break!

"I needed to shower... Alone... With a locked door." And why is she naked again!?

"Let's do it together then!" Did my words just go over her head?! Wait, no, don't enter it!

Mom was surprisingly accepting of her for some reason... And even though she had 0 documents and no family apparently, everything went surprisingly smoothly and in one week she was already attending the same school as me... Where she was just as clingy as before and with 0 respect for my personal space. And like that, yet another week passed.

While we were at school, she called me over, "Love, help me with this problem please..." and pointed at the math homework... At some point I stopped caring about her calling me Love, though I think I should have rebutted her more... I think I didn't even rebut it the first time due to how baffling the whole situation is.

"Why? You're way better than me at math anyways." Rather, she corrected all issues in my homework and solved her own while I was barely starting mine.

She pouted, "But I wanted your help..." And I sighed in response before taking a look at the problem that was basically solved already and barely needed anything else done... Damn, I spent 2h in this one last night.

While I helped her out with her nonexistent issue, a friend of mine came from the side, "Tsk, I still can't believe you got such a cute girlfriend, I thought you were my comrade in the Forever Alone Village!" there she goes again... I mean, seriously, will I have to hear that every day for the rest of the year? It's been a whole week already.

"For the last time, she's not my girlfriend... And weren't you dating a boy just last summer?" I tried to switch the topic.

"This and that are different!" She didn't deny it though, "Besides, if she's not your girlfriend, than what is she?"

And the one that least needed to open her mouth answered... "Her wife of course!"

"Oh, shut up Stella!" Was the only answer I could muster.

I somehow got stuck with Stella for the next two years, and with her being my "wife", I of course lost all hope of ever finding a boyfriend for myself... And yet, I don't really know what to think of our relationship.

I mean, she kissed me all the time, was super clingy and all, but at the same time never demanded an answer of me... It felt like a really one-sided relationship that I somehow got stuck with and didn't know how to get out... Sometimes I wondered if I couldn't just play along and love her back, but... Even after two years together, I still felt like I didn't really know her, can I really date someone I don't know?

Like, sure, I knew her favorite color was yellow, that her hair was naturally smooth without needing any product to maintain it... Damn, I'm jealous about that too. And well, that her skin is basically flawless, that she loves napping, that she has a hard time staying awake after lunch, that she hates Barbie Dolls but loves Susie dolls for some reason, what her favorite anime is... And... While I know all those things, they all seem very trivial?

Whenever I ask her about her past she either goes mute or kisses me and changes the topic, same thing for family, friends or even why she was naked when I found her... The one thing she answers is when I ask why she calls me Love and that is 'because I love you of course!' apparently... It was a really strange relationship.

When we graduated high school, we ended up going to the same college, in which she actually got a perfect score in the entrance exam... And I had to study so much for that... Damn smart girl.

We were going to another city to study, so we rented a small apartment for the both of us, mom said she'd pay for it while we studied at least, so we weren't too worried over finding a job for now at least.

Somehow, it felt like our weird relationship would keep going steady at the same pace for the foreseeable future... I don't know how I felt about this, but it wasn't something I particularly disliked at the very least.

Yet she seemed to have different plans though, for as soon as we finished moving in, she pushed me down into the bed, gave me a french kiss and started moving her hands below my clothes... Okay, this is a bit too much, I used my hands to push her shoulders away from mine, which left her a bit flabbergasted, a bit confused and... Sad, definitely sad. "You don't want it?" She asked.

I gave it some thought... The idea of having sex with her didn't really feel bad for me, I'm not sure what to take of it... Maybe I'm just frivolous, maybe I got used to this relationship with her, or maybe I actually wanted our relationship to mean more... I was honestly confused.

But if we are to consolidate our relationship... Then I need to know her, the true her, "I have a condition." she gulped while waiting for me to continue, "I want to know your parents."

She opened her mouth wide, then looked away troubled... I honestly don't know what I'll do if she tells me they're dead... A few minutes passed like this, for once I think she is giving some thought to this whole thing, so I decided to wait. I'm not sure how long it took, but eventually she faced me again and asked, "Are you sure? It's going to be weird."

To that, I laughed. "Weirder than you? That I wanna see." She laughed too, that's good, a smile fits her face better.

She held my hand tight and kissed me. "Make sure to not let go." I didn't have time to wonder what was this all about when a flash of light engulfed us and we were suddenly flying through the stars... Oh, I get it, she was the falling star herself, she doesn't need a spaceship to travel through space... How convenient. No clue how I'm still alive, but the sea of stars around me clearly shows that either I'm dreaming, hallucinating, or right next to the weirdest type or Alien I could have ever met... And considering the warmth in my hands, I'm betting on the latter.

It was a surprisingly quick travel, we landed in a crater in a plains next to a... A city that looked as if it came straight out of a sci-fi book. No wonder she was so smart.

Oh, and we're naked. "Clothes can't endure space travel?" I asked.

She looked at me a bit in disbelief. "Yes, though... That's what's took your attention!?" Oh, I was the one to surprise her for once, that's a nice change.

"When it comes from you, it's hard to get surprised anymore." Was my answer... She looked at me with wide eyes for a bit, then laughed.

After flying inside a window within a castle in the center of the city... A process that took roughly 5 seconds, we put on some clothes she had at what was apparently her room and then she held my hand as we walked down the stairs... She was shaking, that is a first... I gently caressed her hand, which led to her suddenly look towards me with an expression filled with disbelief... What? Is it that surprising that I'm also able to show some affection? I mean, we've been "dating" for 2 years now, alright? It's hard to not care after this long.

We walked silently for a while until reaching a large door that she slowly opened... Inside were two older people that resembled her quite a bit, I guess they're her parents? They somehow seemed to be expecting us... Well, I won't bother with trying to understand it at this point, must be a weird super-science-magic-thingy that warned them we had arrived in the... Planet I guess?

Anyways, the father (?) talked first, "Princess, you have returned, it is about time. So, who is your friend?" Princess? Now that was unexpected... Stella seemed troubled on how to answer, and was fiddling a lot... She looked so cute right now.

Oh well, guess I'll have to take the initiative here. I stepped forward and made a curtsy before answering, "A pleasure to meet your highness, I'm Levi, Stella's Wife." I felt a bit surprised those words came out of my mouth so easily, but I guess I already accepted it by now... Funnily enough, Stella seemed more surprised than those two.

To summarize the story, Stella is a princess of a galactic empire or something and she decided to run away from responsibility by flying away to Earth, her parents felt like it was good to let her cool off, so they decided to leave her to her own devices for now... And well, apparently they live long enough that 2 years didn't feel like much to them.

We talked things out, Stella ended up apologizing for suddenly leaving and we... Officiated our relationship? I wondered why are the people from a galactic empire of sorts so willing to accept a young girl from a small 'rural' world like Earth as the princess' bride... Well, apparently they think people shouldn't be forced to marry those they don't love so they abolished political marriages some millenniums ago... Neat.

After we got back to Stella's room... Or I guess it's our room now, she looked at me in disbelief, "You're really fine with all this?" And this time, I was the one that kissed her in response.

"You have been calling me your wife for 2 years now, you really want to back out at this point?" I asked, though I kinda knew what answer I'd get already.

"Bu-but I was just playing around! I called you 'Love' to make you unable to cope with the situation and let me blend in, I never really-" I stopped her mid-sentence.

"I know." Was all I said, which once again left her mouth wide open, "I mean, it was kinda obvious with how you never sought any kind of feedback on the relationship and was fine with just being the only one pushing the relationship."

She staggered for a while before muttering, "Then why...?" her eyes had some tears on them now... I wiped them clean with my finger.

"Because, that's not true anymore." She looked confused, so I continued, "If it was true that you felt nothing for me and was just playing around, then you wouldn't have brought me here, would you?" It was as simple as that, nobody would just bring their 'friend for running away from responsibilities' to meet their outworldly parents.

"Then... What about you?" She still didn't get it? Come on, even I got it already.

"Me? Of course... I love you."

*pokes @Moonpearl*

2. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    NO
    *sorry, I was just joking*

3. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it. Not my usual cup of tea, but refreshing nonetheless. Please continue writing. Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  4. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this type of love, a person stubbornly and persistently loving other person and said I love you day by day for a long time.:blobpeek:
    Hey, who left a bowl of onion in here...:blob_teary:

Go on, I wanna read how you make that story.:aww:

5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you~

Well, this one was a oneshot, but I wanna try coming up with other stories, I had some other ideas that would require more than just a single chapter~
    Glad you liked it! \(^^)/

It's a oneshot though, so it ends at that! >.<

6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem. You earn that acknowledgment for you effort. But as to a continuation of the one shot. I actually just wanted to read more of your works. No matter the subject.
    New Fan.

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooooooooooooooh, thank you! This really means a lot to me! :X3::X3::X3:

8. DarthOu

DarthOu 《Lord Vader》

Reading List:
    Link
    What is love?
    Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  9. Melina Red

Melina Red Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my favorite oneshot yuri. I am voting this novel:blobnosebleed:

10. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    We live in dark times, we do.

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the support! \(^^)/

12. crimson_carnation

crimson_carnation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So unexpectedly sweet~ blobmelt_thumbs And I love how she says it so matter-of-factly :blob_grin:

13. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the shower scene when they're 16 just falls foul of rule #6, since it's a common ecchi trope and there's no way for it not to be sexual, even if you don't describe it in detail.

Without that, this should be acceptable.

14. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Y..you wasn't thinking of me, when you wrote this... Right?

15. Deleted member 188892

Deleted member 188892 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonderful
    Did you fall?

16. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm I wonder? Tho I made a poem of a falling star, at least I think so?

17. Deleted member 188892

Deleted member 188892 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is such a beautiful thing :aww:

18. Siostar

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's depends on person

19. AliceShiki