Discussion Is this overreacting?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lorcilblue, May 18, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Lorcilblue

Lorcilblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi ~ !
    this isn't about the main characters .
    i'm not really sure if he counts as one.
    So whoever is interested in checking this out just remember that i guess .

so i was reading a manhwa < homeless > or < no home > , and came across this character, Juwan . he is a college student who moved out of his house because of his mother and how she always goes through his things , moves his stuff, enters the room without knocking , and touching his diary which doesn't have a lot of juicy things that anyone would be interested in , it just has his younger selves writing that he wrote about this girl (minju) whenever they met. He doesn't like that his mother keeps talking about that diary to her friends . So he decides to move in with the other guys in that one "haunted house" after finding out he cant get any rooms in the dorm anymore. This isn't really necessary for this thread , i just feel as if you have know his story to judge what i'm about to ask. So after he moves in thinking he can finally not have anyone touch his belongings or bother him , The tent-guy (forgot name) does the opposite and takes his stuff without consent? ... you can't really say that because Juwan did say he would give the tent dude his laptop . but uhm anyways he confronts The tent dude about it and starts taking his anger out on him . and while doing that his mother crying is shown and he starts getting even louder . Basically he lashes out on him more than you think because his laptop was taken . the question is ... should he be this angry over his laptop being taken? like i get it if your a little mad about ur belongings being taken but to be that angry ... makes me think he took your girlfriend. IDK IF THIS MADE ANY SENSE AT ALL . AS U CAN SEE I GOT LAZY .

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if someone took my phone /laptop without asking I'd flare up too, and that w/o a background that results in that kind of situation being a trigger. :blobsweat:

aShinyVaporeon and otaku31 like this.
  3. Nightow1

Nightow1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If that laptop had things I needed for work, never mind "flaring up", I'd have come at you with a metal rod and beat the shit out of you, so he isn't overreacting, he's underreacting.

aShinyVaporeon and otaku31 like this.
  4. Lazy Bookworm

Lazy Bookworm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably he is very sensitive due to his mother's snooping. He is likely lashing out for multiple reasons. One, he wasn't able to really yell at his mom, so that is partially misplaced anger. Two, he felt he was is a safe place now, and then that security was again violated, creating an enhanced anger effect.

5. CardOne4All

CardOne4All Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it isn’t, I probably would have done the same and that even without the same background as the mc. (Nobody went through my stuff ever)

otaku31 likes this.
  6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I think is more than the laptop. Just from what you’ve said. He has big trust issue. I would guess long term because well it’s his mom. So as far back as he can remember. To the point he wants to leave. Take in the fact he’s in all new environment with strangers. Than the cost of a laptop. Personally, a laptop is not cheap. Than there’s the principal of the act. Sure he said he could, but there’s a difference between being handed the item and you just waltzing into his space to retrieve the item like you own the place. I could go on and on, but in the end I guess he just snap. Especially, if he had just drop his walls because he didn’t need to worry about someone’s going through his things. Than BAM. Trigger hits him squarely in the head. He exploded. But than again I could be wrong

Lorcilblue and Ahhhhhhhhhhhh like this.
  7. Ryuukage

Ryuukage [Professional Lurker][Loli Head Patter][Lazy Fox]

Reading List:
    Link
    well, just because he said he will give it to this tent guy, as long at its not given by him personally, what the tent guy did is stealing, I mean, there may be some files that the MC still needs in the laptop, so yeah, its not that over reacting, even I would beat the crap out of someone if they took my things without me giving it to them personally.

8. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Bruh

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it’s justified that he gets angry since the roommate is taking his stuff without asking, though how angry are we talking about?

Even though the roommate didn’t delete anything or go through anything on his laptop, it was still wrong for the roommate to take his things even though the guy said that he can have it (but it might also be a miscommunication between the two where mc/op just says that the roommate can have the laptop and don’t say when, but the roommate misunderstood it as op giving him the laptop right then and there).

In the end, the Op has trust issues because of his mother and decides that he finally has enough one day so he lashes out, both the mother and the roommate were in the wrong, and everybody in the story needs to communicate with each other.

9. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "the question is ... should he be this angry over his laptop being taken?"

That's a gross oversimplification. You yourself already explained his background so the answer is there right in front of you.

10. Lorcilblue

Lorcilblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THAnK YOU Guys . i now understand how Juwan feels . i also forgot to mention that the MC is ofc a bit of a jerk and isn't nice but he isnt mean either . But either way before i even made this thread i was siding with juwan . People in my groupchat were fighting over this situation so i decided to make a thread. THANK YOU !

11. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, you got it wrong. Homey is in the rt.

If there were two scenarios where I lose my laptop and my gf... I legit would lose temper on laptop XD.

Too much history between us ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)