Question Is this plot summary feasible

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Poptart, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Sakhyu

Sakhyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the commas works in Chinese but its completely different in English haha. And hmm, when it comes to terms, it's more important to be consistent. I'll say going with wangye/wangfei is fine since most people already know those terms from other novels like Eight Treasures Trousseau. Do make sure to footnote and explain the first few times you use it though!
    Marquis isn't used in fan translations, although I have seen it used in like wikipedia LMAO. If you want to go with an English translation, something like Prince would probably work best.

If you have any more questions, feel free to poke me! Although I'll have to apologize in advance if my replies are slow, it's exam season and I don't check NUF that much in the first place haha.

Poptart likes this.
  2. Poptart

Poptart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall keep it as wangye/wangfei then. I am thinking about making a short glossary as well. I thought marquis sounded a little unnatural and I have trouble saying “no”, so I’m glad I got another opinion. I’m almost done translating the first chapter, and I wanted to get the terms in place, before setting anything in motion.

And thank you for opening yourself up to my nagging/questions. I’m sure you’ll regret it, but I’m too shameless to let this offer of help gooo. And it’s fine! Ace those exams! Good luck on them. :) one again, thank you for your help!