Is upgrading laptop's ram worth it?

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by kenar, May 18, 2019.

1. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    nice suggestion, thanks.

I was so busy for the past three weeks that I didn't have the time to check the forum. 40 notifications :sweating_profusely:

oh yeah I almost forget to tell you guys that I've ordered ssd and I'm still waiting for it. I will buy additional 4 gigs of ram too if the situation allow it :blobjoy:.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    A miser like me won't buy either. I hate spending money on myself.
    Spending on others is cool though.
    Peace!

strayCat0 and kenar like this.
  3. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    it's work wonderfully! Thanks for the input guys!
    upload_2019-7-15_21-21-41.png

Nom de Plume likes this.
  4. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear kenar san,

To improve your efficiency of doing your work to provide more time for you to dedicate to your translations please update your PC.
    So you can work like a slave without waiting for your laptop.

you can reprogrammed your MLC ssd to mimic TLC to increase storage and rename the brand to your own name. but it basically forbid your warranty.
    But my recommendations is to write an tlc ssd to mimic an MLC ssd so you get increase speed and performance at a cost of reduced disk space.
    You will use an hdd for most of your not so bandwidth hungry files like photos and video anyway.

The cost. As usual sodimms are pretty expansive compared to dimms. An 8GB of ddr3 would cost at least 20 usd to 25 usd. Ddr4 tend to get ugly in pricing.

Aways run crystalsdiskmark to check if you really need to change your Ssd or hard disk.

anyway, I'm not so experienced in diy ssd. So can't really help you that much, but changing tlc die to work like MLC the speed will increase, but it depends on the quality of the die. Just like overclocking cpu.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.