Discussion ISSTH : The purpose of this war (?)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Aure94100, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized something.
    By following the course of this war, I realized that I didn't understand why it had begun.

Ok, I understand why the Mountains and Sea's cultivators are fighting (it's a defensive war for them). But I don't understand why those 33 Heavens's cultivators and those of the Continent of Immortals are fighting.

In the end, the reasons behind the outbreak of this war have never been explained clearly, right ? Why do they all do this ? Why do they want to destroy the realm of Mountains and Seas ? What are they trying to accomplish by winning this war ?

It made me all the more surprised when I realized that they were trying to cause total destruction.
    At first, I thought they wanted to reduce them to slavery (a sort of revenge against the former Paragon's realm), but this goal seems a little reductive knowing that they are destroying all the realm (there's no victory if there's no harvest, no ?). Have they triggered all this war (which has decimated a not insignificant number of their own forces) only to harvest some remains of slaves (since everyone dies) and reduce this realm to ashes ? It's a little strange.

When this issue emerged in my head, it completely chilled me.

2. Indiboy

Indiboy Well Known boi

Reading List:
    Link
    Just chill

3. Wise old fisher

Wise old fisher [I am not a potato] [Chorus heresy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Because two external forces interfered

4. thekingofgamez

thekingofgamez [He who makes others cough up blood in anger!]

Reading List:
    Link
    the mountian and sea realm enslaved them in the past and they also want the copper mirror they're mostly doing it for revenge and the mountian and sea realm are trying to regain their freedom no?

5. dragonfly201270

dragonfly201270 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No comments

6. Leonzell

Leonzell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what i know, the war was originally instigated by the god and devil worlds, they instigated the minor worlds to rebel against the paragon immortal world (never told exactly how, though considering how the people of windswept world was acting. they were completely slaves, revenge isn't out of question.) the god and devil worlds acted against them because they wanted to prevent the creation of the immortal. then there is some mystery with the copper mirror.

Also the 33 heavens didn't have much choice in what happened even if things went bad because the devil and god worlds were on the way and much stronger than them, so its either they wipe out the mountain and sea realm and produce results or possibly get dealt with by the G&D worlds.

7. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are trying to destroy the M & S realms to prevent the birth of the prophesied True Immortal - can suppress the devil and do something(forgot) to a God

Genryaku likes this.
  8. Nbhan101

Nbhan101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's to prevent the birth of true immortal or monster ( from what I know it is all mentioned in translated chapter)

9. Sharkeisha69

Sharkeisha69 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They need the mirror for the return of the god and the resurrection of the devil... Wasn't that why the two outsider forces attacked? And to stop the birth of the immortal

Genryaku likes this.
  10. Mr Pancakes

Mr Pancakes Well-Known Pancake

Reading List:
    Link
    the minor worlds rebeled in the first war when the 2 big world attacked the paragon realm, now the 33 heavens want to destroy the mountain and seas realm and the 2 big worlds want to also destroy it and take the copper mirror

11. sufod01

sufod01 Ghost

Reading List:
    Link
    Almost read as S&M realms..

12. kinunatzs

kinunatzs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if I remember it right the reason for the war was due to the God Realm and Devil Realm not wanting the Immortal Realm to produce THE IMMORTAL which is far stronger than a God and suppresses the Devil they instigated the uprising of the 3000 lower realms of the Immortal Realm and put the seal which changed THE IMMORTAL into THE DEMON which can suppress/destroy the vast universe?

They put a seal on the Mountain and Sea Realm so that they can't escape and suppress their Cultivation Level to Essense-6 only, As for the 33 Heavens I most likely guess it's a revenge for them since it looks like their been suppressed or used as a mount by the Immortals in the past they wanted to destroy the Mountain and Sea Realm or they want to suppress and make them into their slaves

Oh right theirs something about the Copper Mirror as well but I don't know much information about it

13. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    The 33 heavens are being manipulated and also want to destroy the mountain and sea realm because they oppressed them until ten thousand years ago. The other two parties, the god realm devil realm want to prevent the Immortal from appearing while also acquiring the mirror cause it's basically the equivalent to the heaven defying bead

14. palaraya

palaraya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The purpose of this war was forgotten by all three faction. If you reread chapter Immortal Daoist Rite Temple at Planet South Heaven as Meng Hao got ancient lamp from the Temple and read Shui Donglui' monolog.

And from reader speculation, the reason of the war are God and devil descendants to kill/obstruct an Immortal because Immortal above the God and devil.

15. Aure94100

Aure94100 French Cultivator from the No-Time Sect

Reading List:
    Link
    Hum... I think I understand finally.

33 Realms : Just a revenge (and they are manipulated as cannon folders to reduce M & S's defenses).

Immortal Realm : They want to prevent the birth of the Immortal in the Paragon Realm. But the story with the Copper Mirror seems a little forgotten.

And did they predict that a Demon could be born instead of the Immortal ?

16. Genryaku

Genryaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There're a couple of reasons for the two great powers to attack the mountain and sea realm. The first big reason is to prevent the birth of The Immortal. The Immortal is superior to the God and the Devil so out of jealousy, to prevent the birth of The Immortal they decided to destroy the paramita realm.

The second reason is the mirror. It appears that the mirror may allow them to revive their patriarchs, and prevent the birth of the immortal. This part hasn't been explained too clearly regarding why the mirror is so important to the god and devil world, just that it can bring back their patriarchs and they want it.

As for the lower heavens, it is implied that they weren't really enslaved, they were subservient to the paramita realm, which is different to slavery. The slavery aspect of the windswept realm came after, possibly due to the war, in which it as well as the other heavens rebelled. Presumably, the reason for these lower realms to have rebelled, backstabbing the paramita realm, was due to greed, because of being offered benefits by the other two great powers.

There's another part to it as well, due to the previous war and the losses they suffered in battle they built up an enmity. So the reason for them to want to entirely eradicate the remnants of the paramita realm is to satisfy their thirst for revenge for all of their fallen. Although they were the ones to start the war in the first place.

As for predicting the birth of the Demon. Although they seem to understand that preventing the birth of The Immortal could cause the Demon to rise, they seem to not care as long as they get to be the foremost powers.

“However, there were certain people who did not wish for the Immortal to be born. They wanted to supplant that position. That is because, although the Immortal and the God complement one another… the Immortal is above the God, and can also suppress the Devil!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017