Discussion It is never a trick or an accident

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ZhaWarudo, Nov 18, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    In xianxia whenever the MC does something on a test or wherever, all the morons keep saying the ancient testing artifact must have malfunctioned or had and accident after 10 million years, or he must've cheated somehow! Not only are cheats,tricks and accidents impossible but they have never happened either, getting really annoyed at this...

2. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    calm down. . .
    well i watched zome people of there country slam themeselves at the front of a vehicle for insurance money and fail miserably due to it. .

well enough of that. . . they have to reach the word count you know. . .

readerz and gary0044187 like this.
  3. Vanagandr

Vanagandr [ Outer God ] [ Sleeping ]

Reading List:
    Link
    just posting here for some free nuffies
    and the answer to your rant is because they were stupid

4. Unde-kyun

Unde-kyun 【FLOATING】【Rowing a rowboat】

Reading List:
    Link
    Ze irony

5. MaliMi

MaliMi The Cookie Guardian

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I agree that this trope is a bit overused, but in denfense I have to say that imagine that you are the guy in charge of the test and suddenly some randome dude comes and his results are so amazing thatr he nearly broke the machine. The first thing I would personally do would be to check if the machine did not malfunction and apologize to the apprticipant and asked him if he would be so kind as to repeat the test on another machine.

_Selutu_, kenar and Shio like this.
  6. Hazery

Hazery Missing Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just can't help thinking if the mc was too smart to take the test or the population is so stupid the author legit make our mc genius even if he has an average intelligent... :hmm:

Falhrus likes this.
  7. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s funny how you’re trying to apply logic so xianxia and wuxia genre

8. Pacekot

Pacekot [Spades] [Blackjack #10]

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not broke ?

9. Password

Password [The Forgotten One][Well-Known Password]

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly this always happens and it's overused. The cheating could never happen but a malfunction on the machine could happen but it's a 1 in a billion percent chance of happening. No matter how good a machine or relic is, its not perfect, there is bound to be some mistake or malfunction that happens once every thousand years and people forget about it or something like that

10. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    The one that sets me off is when a whole chapter or more is spent on how impressive and difficult it is to gain a rank.
    This long info dump explains the same thing, in the same way, in many books.
    Then the MC's amazing talent happens to let him advance through this major breakthrough in a few days, or only 3 chapters after his previous rank breakthrough.(right before the long info dump)
    So far, I can handle it... but that last line thrown in at the end, or near the end of the chapter, every time sends me up the wall.
    After the long info dump, explaining how hard it is to rank up, but the MC can do it in days..... He says something right after breaking through.....
    "Finally, I have managed to breakthrough...."
    That word finally is the worst and most insulting to the readers intelligence.
    At least come up with something original, or have the MC be shocked at his own training speed...

11. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want a MC that just says 'suck it losers! Who needs talent when you have cheats!'

Ignus likes this.
  12. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    well then let me enlighten you desu~

in the presence of any horrific murderous being your speed decreases by 50% and agility by 75% desu~
    in any mexican standoff staring into the eyes of your enemies rather than shooting is a guaranteed way to win desu~
    any situation involving one armed guy and a group of people who are unarmed they will cower in fear rather than over power the guy with numbers irregardless of weapon type be it handgun or fully automatic weapon desu

if it speaks russian, chinese, or any other language that ain't english in any english movie they are bad guys desu

reloading, recoil and gravity, and physics do no have any affect the outcome of any projectile a protagonist throws during a fight desu~
    going into the dark place armed with only a flashlight after seeing some unholy monstrocity come out is a A- grade plan desu~

and my personal favorite, getting shot by rifles, assault weapons, and smg at close range will definitely not tear a limb or two, not cause any concussions, and will most definitely not leave a hole in your body that shouldn't let you move for 30 min desu~

Ed: oh and will power says fk you ricochet, shrapnel, and bloodloss desu~

13. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    Yah, there have only been a few, that for a very short while admit their strength comes from their cheat, and not their prodigious talent.
    (*Martial Peak comes to mind)
    The boasting is very real in Xianxia troupes, similar to the one pointed out by the OP.

14. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    reading ATG eh?

GDLiZy likes this.
  15. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not to mention the: "If others heard about how fast he broke through, they would spit blood in jealousy"
    I think the main reason why chinese MC's tend to have fire affinity, is because they lack any kind of patience.
    Not to mention that their foundations tend to be stronger than those of others, although they don't even stay long enough
    in every single rank to spell the word foundation.

Ignus likes this.
  16. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    Its all about the wordcount. If you took out the repetition, and pointless circular dialogue from any random xianxia you could no doubt condense the series to 1 tenth the length... and end up with a better story at the same time

readerz likes this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    But they are not wrong, the test artifact did malfunction and the MC did use tricks and cheats. The reason is because the MC brought in some plot armor.

Plot armor can easily break ancient artifacts, and is the ultimate cheat.

18. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Do I look like some noob to you? I rant coz I want to rant, ofc I know about the word count.
    Yes but what's that got to do with it, I'm talking about all xianxia.

19. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    most recent with that crap on ny list

20. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Because thinking of original way nowadays is way too mainstream and I'm also here for the nuffies~ :aww:

Deleted member 37987 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.