Spoiler It Seems Like I Fell into a Reverse Harem Game (Korean)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Pakhi, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Maculan

Maculan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to disappear, but this week is full of exams. I’ll be back in several days.

But, so to speak.
    Is Nadricka soft? Yes. Is Nadricka weak? Well, yes and no. He’s a former slave and a property of Yeldria, he doesn’t have any power, but at the same time that’s his strength, as no one would even think that he can be dangerous/scheming (Lovia used to it to gain advantage over Yuriel).
    Besides, I don’t think you can call Nadricka weak, as he survived several years beside a sadistic manipulative sociopath (i.e. OG!Yeldria) and still was not broken (instead of Essen, for example). He has his own issues - mainly, he thinks he is useless and dirty (sex-slave past), but he will show more of his character later on (as he was in conversation with Lovia in 14 chapter). Still, he won’t drastically change - he’ll be sweet, and kind, and understanding.
    After all, Nadricka is MC's emotional support.

And answering to the question about turning point, MC thought that Yuriel would only try to kill MC and wouldn’t touch the capture targets (i.e. ML), but during (failed) coup d'état Yuriel nearly killed Nadricka (to be fair, Yuriel defended herself, as Nadricka tried to kill her). After that, MC was like «you’re beyond salvation, you sealed your own fate».

Popcrazy, fatbe, Th.ay and 12 others like this.
  2. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey honey but he is surprisingly a hidden bomb that can blast any time:blob_grin:

Popcrazy, Wapdyne, Nocare01 and 2 others like this.
  3. DisgustinglyWeakFLshouldie

DisgustinglyWeakFLshouldie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao yeah I have read it. I can see that he's very powerful and is really supportive of the MC. The main reason why I didn't like him in the first place was only because he reminds me of those Mary Sue Female MC's that are supposedly the nicest being on mother earth that has the power surpassing the gods but still somehow manages to look vulnerable and weak that always needs the ML:blobsweat_2::blobjoy:

gracecfe and darkcrystal like this.
  4. Maculan

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm semi-back, but still not quite. I brought you some links and arts.

Some links:
    Artist's twitter
    Writer's twitter

Also, twitter of the artist who drew novel covers.

From artist's twitter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Tully

Tully Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what happens with slavery. Slavery is all about taking all the "agency", sense of control, and pride you have as a human being. Since Nadrika is apparently also a sex slave before he met MC, then even more so that he is more broken. His "gentleness" is not really gentleness, it's the conditioning of his slave status. Very realistic btw. This happens in real life, the closest resemblance would be battered wives. They tend to be very subdued and cling to the slightest sign of kidness from their abusers.

He's really strong deep inside or either really broken.

6. Maculan

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it depends on how you see him. I myself do not like this type of characters very much (clingy and dependent Mary Sue FL, I mean), but with Nadricka the situation is not entirely the same.
    First of all, he is a former slave. He never had a proper education (like any other MLs except for Sieger) and pretty much useless to MC in terms of power (even after he became a mage). MC doesn't use his powers for her own gain, as she doesn't want to use him (she thinks that he has enough problems in his life already) and ...
    Secondly, for most parts he cannot control his powers (so no, no archimage ending for him). He couldn't fix what he did in the moments when he lost control (burning down the emperor's palace and portals to another dimension). And in those situations MC was the one who stood for him (cause, you know, almost killing the emperor and burning down the world are rather serious crimes).
    Thirdly, he doesn't want to be saved. Loved, yes, protected, maybe, but not saved. He will do anything in his powers to protect her (he entirely ruined his reputation/image in 2nd volume, one thing he had). Even though, sometimes he didn't even talk to MC about his problems (7th volume), cause he didn't want to be a bother and he can handle it.

And I actually forgot to mention - mages are not so welcome in the empire and are treated more like outcasts/slaves, so no, Nadricka's status did not drastically change after he became a mage (MC even tried to hide that now he has powers).

7. Fayfay

Fayfay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Second pic really fits them.:blobReach:Dog Lovia tho, its expression :blobjoy::blobjoy:

8. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg, just realised that small dog she had on her lap is Daisy, her maid. So cute:blobhug:

Th.ay and vrotki like this.
  9. Maculan

Reading List:
    Link
    Some more art from writer's twitter.

[​IMG]

The following arts are from before adaptation and are based on novel.
    Sadly, only four of the main characters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. Yes, MC will cut her hair short (in 2nd volume). :blob_teary:

gracecfe, noah21, Ang3Blue and 16 others like this.
  10. vrotki

vrotki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or does Sieger in this picture look similar to Levi from Attack on Titan?!

11. Maculan

Reading List:
    Link
    And a comic (also from writer's twitter).

It has nothing to do with story progression or the ending itself; it's "what if - 7 years after".

I tried to translate as closest as I can. Also, Essen and Sieger are drawn almost the same (Lovia too, but he at least has glasses), so I distinguish them based on their characters rather than looks.

[​IMG]
    For sure, it must have been a peaceful morning.
    Depicted from top to bottom: Nadricka, Lovia, and Sieger (?).

[​IMG]
    For sure, it must have been a peaceful morning. (continuation from 1st page)
    Have you waken up, Your Highness?
    Ecklot and MC

[​IMG]
    Yesterday, the day before and even today I thought it would be like this.
    Too bright...
    Good mor...

MC and Essen (?); MC and Kairos

[​IMG]
    Yesterday, the day before and even today I thought it would be like this. (continuation from 3rd page)
    Rock Paper Scissors! (1st panel)
    I won! (Sieger (?), 2nd panel)
    Somehow not fighting. (MC, 3rd panel)
    So isn't it good? (Kairos, 4th panel)
    It is forbidden to come before I call. (MC) You mean you can go if you call? (not sure of the meaning; Sieger (?)) Oh, it's banned. (MC) (5th panel)
    Me too? (Nadricka, 6th panel)

[​IMG]
    From left to right: Ecklot, Kairos (near MC's knees), MC, Nadricka, Lovia, Sieger (below), and Essen.
    Why am I in the corner? I won?? Why do even play rock, paper, scissors?? (Sieger)
    Not sure, if it is Sieger who complains as Essen and Sieger looks almost the same in this comic, but I highly doubt that Essen would act in such childish way, so... My bet is on Sieger.

[​IMG]
    I think I have a foot cramp. / I think there's a mouse near me. (is it a pun? not sure; 쥐 translates as both "rat" and "cramp") (Kairos)
    And what! (Sieger)
    Shut up... (Lovia)
    Be quite. (?; maybe Ecklot)
    It's crowded. Damn it. (MC thoughts)

P.S. Now I get why MC tries to separate MLs from each other.
    P.P.S. And I love Kairos. Sadly, he will not appear in webtoon any time soon.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  12. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ecklot, Nadricka, Lovia, and Seiger/Essen (whoever is the one with the scar. but def leaning on the former. Plus, I can't imagine Essen drooling in his sleep) seems too easy to identify (do we get a backstory on his facial scar? I dunno what to feel about that. In his line of work, it makes sense but I might actually feel sad as of now (will hold off judging when we reached it in the adaptation I guess?). P.S its hilarious seeing the discord talk (released by the fan translations/uploaders) how a few users were shocked/had trouble identifying Seiger with clothes on. If the one complaining and by extension won the RPS game truly was Seiger, then I remember your post of him being touchy feely and prone to jealousy (but can we still call him a tsundere like earlier spoilers have mentioned? The way I see it, once he acknowledges his feelings, he practically goes all out)
    Honestly, not as intense is monopolizing MC when they're together. Let's face it though, Nadricka is MCs fave from available spoilers just from being her emotional support. MC can't handle the floof

MLisMyHubby, Th.ay and EliSen like this.
  13. Maculan

Reading List:
    Link
    Facial scar... not sure. Cannot recall it. But later on Sieger will have a limp (thanks to MC "death" and Nadricka's magic).

Well, "Is Sieger a tsundere?" is actually a good question. He fell for MC pretty quickly and was aware of those feelings, but he didn't want to love her, because it will only bring him pain. Same as Lovia before MC accepted him, Sieger was jealous of her concubines, as they could be with her, but at the same time he didn't want to become a concubine himself, as he will lose his pride and freedom. (it's not actually depicted in webtoon yet, but the concubines have rather insignificant status, as they cannot have any power and are seen more like jewellery or status symbols rather than human beings).
    So it took Sieger almost 2 volumes to acknowledge that he truly loves MC and that he wants to be with her (still, not in the status of a concubine, though). So, with his infamous respond ("I want the princess"), he let everyone know that he loves MC. After that, he became very touchy with her and wanted to be with her the longer the better, though it's more due to the fact that he kept his feelings for himself for too long. And also after that he didn't really become jealous (as he already had MC), but sometimes he provokes others (mainly, Lovia).

Btw, MC knew about his feelings and the reason on why he's so stubborn, but she's still hurt by his behaviour (before 4th volume).

So no, I wouldn't call Sieger a tsundere. I'm not sure that there is a tsundere among her men. They are all pretty open about their love for MC (when they are with MC), and do not hide their feelings (especially, at the very end, as some of them hesitated during the plot if they want to be with MC or not - Sieger (due to his pride), Ecklot (question of loyalty and love) and Essen (the past)).

And MC surely cannot handle the fluff from Nadricka (and Nadricka knows about it).

Edit:
    And 2 things I forgot to mention:
    1. MC loves to provoke Sieger, as he doesn’t love to display his affection in public. It’s more to the fact that everybody will know that (i.e. the nobles) and the rumours will be everywhere (and he doesn't want for strangers to intervene in their relationship).
    2. When her men are gathered together, their favourite game is «whom MC loves more». MC doesn’t appreciate this game, though, and one time she even ditched every one of them to drink and play games the whole night with Daisy.

14. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2nd one is funny n 3rd one is so beautiful :blobmelt:

15. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Question, since your edit point 1 mentioned MC enjoying provoking Seiger, and we've seen her tease Nadricka in the adaptation, has MC teased the rest of the guys? Like Ecklot with his loyalty, etc.

Th.ay and rock.doll like this.
  16. puu264

puu264 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does your country not have kkp official? Instead of worrying about an unofficial translator stop a project, you should be more worried about the author doesn't get paid for their work then feel demotivated and stop the series all together so your unofficial translator can't even get the raw.

I wish my reply doesn't sound too rash, but the member of this spoiler thread meant to eager people to read more of this work and support the author hardwork via official platform not for piracy trade...

The author might be about to die when she try to find the idea for her work or the designer might be about to die when she studied how to draw, so i don't think "Kakaopage is hard to pay and create account too" is not an issue if you really are a fan of their work

fatbe likes this.
  17. Fearless_Sten

Fearless_Sten Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well our country (VN) does not have kkp official but we does have official translation site where you have to pay to read. The only problem is that the official site in our country update very slow and it doesn't have much manhwa

18. Maculan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes! She loves to tease, some of them more, some of them less. Overall, she's more cool in relationship then them, less blushy and more playful and carefree.

Though she never teases them on topics that are sensitive for them. So that, she never teases Lovia about not loving him (a.k.a. the most sensitive subject to him) or anything like that.

neomisa, MLisMyHubby, Th.ay and 3 others like this.
  19. Hartelian

Hartelian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm base on you comment it seems like you haven't experience the pain of downloading kkp. Kkp aint available to most countries in fact its mostly inclusive. So some people have to basically go to a platform ( which again may be illegal or contains virus ) and dowload and blindly operate it just so they can "read" their manhwa. And by read i mean decode korean language and have your brain fried instead. So maybe your last statement is uneeded if u haven't experinced it. Its not issue for you but it is to some :blobconfused:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Cho_Youni, Th.ay, layyu and 4 others like this.
  20. layyu

layyu Adopt me plsss

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with it. I had the money to pay for raws (to be honest, I can really afford raws in kakaopage and ridibooks) but you can only pay via KakaoPay? And Ridibooks requires you korean korean payments sites and I still don't have card yet (im im still a minor), plus... Kakaopage isn't available in my country. That's why for international readers, unofficials translations are really helpful. Please understand more... Not that we don't wanna support the authors...

Btw, thank you for the spoilers... I can't access it coz it's 19+.