Japanese It won't end in a dream

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Deleted member 343051, May 10, 2021.

1. Deleted member 343051

Deleted member 343051 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Name:It won't end in a dream
    きっと夢で終わらない
    Raw Link:link
    NU Link:none

Description:
    Anna, a senior in high school, has been betrayed by her friends and family and is fed up with everything. Just as she is about to throw herself onto the train tracks, she is saved by Hiromi, who is three years older than her and has returned for a teaching internship. He takes care of her in any way he can, and Anna's heart gradually unravels and she begins to fall in love with him. However, as the distance between them grows closer, Hiromi's eyes sway sadly. ...... As the story unfolds, the shocking truth is revealed. What is the meaning behind Hiromi's expression? The miracle of unshakable love will move you to tears!
    The morning of all senses.
    Standing on the platform, I closed my eyes, filled my chest with "today", and slowly let out the "past".
    In the midst of the hustle, I look out over the train tracks at the city.

The world is moving. Even now, at this moment.
    Even if I alone disappear, time will not stop.
    Even if I'm alone, the sun will rise, set bright red, and bring the dark blue night with it.
    And tomorrow will come again as if nothing had happened.

Even if I die alone, the earth will continue to rotate, and time will continue to move forward.

Naturally, I was not nervous.
    I felt no fear.
    No regrets.

An early summer breeze blew, sweeping my hair away.
    I hold my long hair that blocks my view and re-hold the handle of my school bag that contains my textbooks.
    The weight on my shoulders, the beating of my heart, and the bitter smell that wafts through my nose prove that I am still alive.

But it's over.
    Once I step over the white line, which is no more than a few centimeters across, I will be free of all my worries.

No more cares, no more worries, no more expectations.
    There is no need to dislike or like anyone.

--Ping-pong.

The signal of the on-campus announcement comes through.

--A train will be arriving on the second track soon. Please stand back inside the white line and wait.

On most platforms, people tend to gather near the elevators, and the further away you go, the more sparse the platform becomes. I was not far from the entrance of the train, so as not to be disturbed by anyone.
    The people around me didn't seem to pay any particular attention to the announcements.
    Each person was reading a book, operating a smartphone, or listening to music through earphones, no longer on the train.
    Standing at the head of the ambiguous line, I stretched my neck and waited for the right moment.

A hint of a train in the distance.
    The wind was sucking me in.
    My heart thumped in my chest.
    The shaking beneath my feet gradually intensified.
    The sound of the train's body vibrating became louder and louder, and I could see the front of the train approaching the station.

--It was now.

Taking my softly rising bangs as a cue, I gripped the handle of my school bag tightly, kicked the ground with my right foot, and threw myself onto the tracks.
    Now I can be free.
    My mouth naturally slackens, and tears well up in the corners of my eyes.

--But my body fell backwards instead of onto the tracks.
    I tried to move forward, but someone pulled me by the shoulders and I lost my balance.

I didn't know what had happened for a moment, but I could feel the warmth on my back, and I knew that someone was holding me.
    The train cars rattled into the platform at a very fast pace, passing in front of me one after another. The rattling sound of the train cars passed from right to left, and the train eventually slowed down and came to a stop. I watched the scene in dismay.
    I heard a light ping-pong sound and the door in front of me opened.
    I got on the train as if I was being pushed from behind.
    The car was already almost full, and I took my place near the door and stood with my back to it.

The electronic sound of the train's departure echoed through the still human platform, and the doors closed with a bang, and the train started moving again.

It was lukewarm with human body heat. It was almost time for air conditioning. I held on to the railing and stayed still, not so close that I had to be in close contact with others, but close enough that I could touch them if I shook my body a little.

--I couldnt die.

I was stunned by this fact as I let the car shudder and shudder.

Why?
    Why?
    One more step.
    If only I could cross the white line.
    If only I had kicked the ground.
    It would have been enough.

But...
    Why couldn't I just die?

My vision gradually darkens, as if someone is stealing the light from me.

"Anna.

Suddenly, I heard my name called.
    At that moment, the darkness that was about to cover me cleared at once.

My heart beat faster at the sound of a familiar voice.
    It was clearly coming from above my head, and when I looked up fearfully, I gulped at the person who was looking down at me.

Beautiful double eyelids, a well-developed nose, thin lips, chestnut hair parted on the right side.
    And that warm, tenor voice.
    He was dressed in a navy blue recruiting suit with a checkered tie.

Why ......?

This is Hiromi Kasai, a senior high school student who has lost all of his youthfulness and innocence.
    I'm not sure what to make of it.

How did Hiromi end up in a place like this?

When the train stopped at its next destination, I lost my balance and fell towards Hiromi.
    There were only five more stops until the station closest to the school.
    I was pushed to the other side of the door by the passengers who were boarding the train.

I stood against the door and turned my head, shaking my head to draw out the memories of what had just happened.

I must be dreaming.

But my hopes were crashed when someone put their hand on the side of my face.
    In front of me stood Hiromi-senpai, looking down at me with a temperatureless gaze.
    My gaze was firmly entwined with his, and I couldn't avert it. He just stared back at me and I forgot to breathe.

The expression on his face seemed to be filled with a sense of sadness and relief.
    After a long train ride and staring at each other, it was Hiromi who opened the door first.

"Why?

I cowered at the strength of his words.
    His voice was a whisper, but it had an earth-shattering intensity to it, and I could see the quiet waves rising in his jet-black eyes.

--Why?

That's my line.
    Why are you here?
    Why are you standing right in front of me?
    Why did you suddenly appear?
    And why did you interrupt me?

The timing was as if you knew what I was going to do.
    And the way he said it, as if he knew without even needing to ask.
    Why did you even bother to ask?

"It doesn't matter."

I bit my lips and said it in a small voice, so that only Hiromi could hear.
    I could see that Hiromi's mouth closed tightly.

It doesn't matter.
    It doesn't matter to Hiromi-senpai.
    It doesn't matter to a mere "senpai" that I met again after three years.

While my vision was obscured, he hugged me, perhaps using the increased population density as an excuse.
    At first I tried to resist, but there was no way a high school girl could compete with a grown man. I tried to speak, but my tears were flowing incessantly, so my brain, which prioritized not exposing this disgusting situation, surrendered itself.
    I couldn't control my emotions very well, and I almost had a nervous breakdown, but the tears and excitement gradually calmed down as I swayed on the train.

All the while, Hiromi's hand was on my shoulder.

-- "Next, Kasuga. Kasuga--

After a while, an announcement came over their ears, announcing that they would be arriving at the station closest to the school.
    Hiroumi-senpai also reacted to it, and in a split second, he pushed his body to get some distance away.
    I don't know what kind of expression he had on his face, but my body was released from Hiromi's grasp quite easily.
    When the train came to a stop and the doors opened, I slipped through the gap between Hiromi and got off the train, climbed the stairs to blend in with the waves of people, and exited the ticket gate as if I were running away.

When I got to the street, I looked back at the ticket gate, but I couldn't see Hiromi chasing me.

you better apologize for interrupting me earlier.
    When I remembered, my anger welled up again.

I took out my linen handkerchief.
    hid my ugly face with it and looked up at the sky.
    The sun was shining mockingly, filling my field of vision with an unpleasantly bright blue.

I should have been beyond that blue sky by now, but here I am, still standing in the grayish world.
    I could have gone back to the platform and jumped onto the tracks again, but I was too tired from crying to do so.
    My school bag, which had fallen from my shoulders due to gravity, contained a set of things I needed for class.

Earlier, I had wanted to die so badly, but now I was too tired to even think about it.
    I felt like I was being held back and my enthusiasm and thoughts were just falling down the tracks.
    Should I just take a break from school?
    But if I did that, my father would be contacted, treating it as an unexcused absence.

I don't want that to happen.

Then there was only one option left.
    The only time I could cover my face with a handkerchief was while I was outside.
    I should stop by a convenience store somewhere and wash my face. I don't expect the redness in my eyes to go away by the time I get to school, but I'm sure a cold plastic bottle will help.

I pulled myself together and decided to go to school.

I left the house as usual, so even if I took a few detours, I would still be on time for school.
    I picked up my bag of fresh air, which was barely lying around, and headed for the convenience store in the opposite direction of the school.

Somewhere, even now

I wonder why.
    I wondered this as I watched people in the same uniform walking in the same direction.

Today, I am still walking on the concrete, living in a finite amount of time.
    I can't reach out to the other side of that blue sky, and I can't even catch the clouds swimming in the distance.

The truth is that I wanted to do what I couldn't do yesterday.

I wanted to do what I couldn't do yesterday: jump into the train tracks again.

It's not that I've lost my desire to die.
    Today, in my dimly lit living room, eating a bowl of cereal, I was determined to disappear today.
    But I couldn't.

It wasn't that I was scared of death, it was that I was afraid of being disturbed again.
    Just thinking about it makes my guts boil over.
    The person who made me sick even remembering his name definitely knew what I was going to do.

Maybe he'll be there again today and interrupt me again.

the third year students are forced to spend their days studying so much that they have nothing else to do but study, and their nerves are always on edge.

In such a situation, I was the only one who wasn't thinking about taking the university entrance exam.
    So when I walked into the classroom where my classmates were studying on their own, I felt a chill in the air.
    The sound of everyone's mechanical pencils stopped at once, and then resumed.

Of course, there is no good morning greeting.
    Everyone is oblivious to me.
    It's like the air, for example.

I'm the same whether I'm there or not.

I know that.
    I know that I don't need to get involved with them any more than I have to.
    I know in my head that this is not just because of the fact that I'm going to get a job, but because I don't like the atmosphere, I don't go to class until the last minute in the morning.

Instead, i spend my time in the small flowerbed behind the chemistry lab.

Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    A well written story
    It started with a shocking beginning, but I liked the story because it showed how connecting with others can gradually give you the strength to live.

Even if you are troubled by the differences between you and the people around you, there are many things that can only be understood/get solved by facing them.
    (an old fashioned advice from me)

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2021
  2. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Deleted member 349329

Deleted member 349329 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope someone picks it up

Deleted member 343051 likes this.