Chinese It's Actually Not Easy Wanting to be a Supporting Male Lead [BL]

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by DameSkyler, Jan 5, 2019.

1. DameSkyler

DameSkyler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: It's Actually Not Easy Wanting to be a Supporting Male Lead
    Raw Link: https://www.lewenxiaoshuo.com/books/xiangzuonanpeiqishiyeburongyi/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/its-actually-not-easy-wanting-to-be-a-supporting-male-lead/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: This work was left unfinished for the past six months, which will be a shame considering that it's a wonderful and entertaining read.

Description:

Sui Yuan simply wants to fulfill his responsibilities as a cannon fodder character in the various worlds he stays in. The role of a supporting male lead is to enhance the positions of the male and female main characters, and he intends to do just that. However, for some reason, he catches the eye of the male protagonist, who is supposed to be lovey-dovey with the female protagonist! All he wants is to be a good supporting male lead, but how is that going to happen when the male protagonist keeps eyeing him more and more?!

------------------------------

This work is a BL trasmigration novel. It is very similar with the most famous BL novel here (Quickly Wear the Face of the Devil), in that the main character jumps from world to world, with the only difference being that he just wants to do his job well, but that ain't happening when the ML falls for him and ruins his efforts in every world lol.

Honestly, I believe that the reason why people uphold QWTFOTD as the standard benchmark for quality was because it's the only BL novel that's completed (and the fact that it's really good!). Seeing this work nearly fading to obscurity, I was wondering if there's any translator willing to pick this up and translate the remaining worlds. :)

chrissy987 likes this.
  2. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    I second this being picked up. The story is great and each world is interesting.

3. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a note to say I'm thinking of picking this up but it might take a while as I'll be starting from no host/site. If all goes well, I should have some translated chapters ready to roll out in a few weeks. (I've been eyeing this story for a while but the 200 chapters turned me off. Maybe translating it as I read will help :cookie:)

chrissy987 likes this.
  4. DameSkyler

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh my! Thank you, and please don’t be discouraged by the 200 chapter count, you do have legions of fans waiting in anticipation hahaha. Would it be easier if this was translated as a joint project? (The idea came to me when I saw many other BL works that are being translated at a very slow pace, - bless the kind souls - and am considering the opportunity to bring together people with good translating skills to work on one project at a time).

AimieNam1003 and chrissy987 like this.
  5. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, the 200 count is just me as a reader losing interest as soon as any story hits 120+ chapters. Haven't gotten into the hang of reading more than that (though these multiple transmigration novels are easier to digest). As a translator, I don't mind much as I've got 3 years of translating 3 webtoon chapters per week. If you're interested in collaborating as a group tho, I'm more than happy to. Pm me~

6. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi, just wanted to let you know, the translator is still working on this novel. there was a note posted in the comments of the last chapter by the translator about the current irl situation and I was in a chat with them today where ShenHua said updates will be posted soon. I hope you can find another novel to pick up because there are lots of good ones out there!!

7. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was? Nice! I tried contacting them via the form but they didn't reply at all. Luckily I just finished a few of the chapters. Thanks for the notice. Totally didn't see the comments (was basing my knowledge off their updates).

8. tailor31415

tailor31415 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, sorry about the contact form, not sure what happened, but ShenHua was really preoccupied for a while so it might have just been missed. good luck with another novel :blob_grin:

Shibb likes this.
  9. DameSkyler

Reading List:
    Link
    From the sounds of it, the translator seemed more taken aback by the activity on her page after a long hiatus, followed by her assurance? Then again, I'm sure you have more information seeing you're in direct contact with her. I understand the real life struggles - if she is keen on taking the project through to the end, our appreciation to her.

10. DameSkyler

Reading List:
    Link
    Shibb, would this project interest you?

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/theres-a-beauty/

It's by the author of Quickly Wear the Face of a Devil. It's been on hiatus since last June, and the comments seem to praise this work highly. :blobmelt: (I've plowed through all the BL danmei works in NU and this really stuck out like a sore thumb :blobdrool:) It has potential to be up there with QWTFOTD methinks! :cookie: