Spoiler It's No Use Hanging On

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aihi8, Oct 19, 2020.

1. mayyve

mayyve Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi does someone know if she's really realted to her dad? Cause it's really weird that he hates her so much.

2. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    He's really her father. But you have to consider that Vienna might have been his favorite child because she was born to the woman he loved. Not saying decisively that he didn't love his MC's mother or MC herself but it was more of a burden because the father was of lower standing compared to him. For some people, that kind of situation is a bit of a blow to the ego at even as a person it can be seen as degrading (I mean he might be married under duress for all we know, if he did, he will be like a sperm donor of their time). I theorize that he always held resentment toward his wife and daughter because of their situation. Money has been the root of all conflicts within a family and the difference in social standing like what the father feels he deserve vs what he actually entitled to. I kind of understood it (I have a causing who had a partner with different financial backgrounds and boy they always fight about money) but it doesn't excuse the father for playing favorites. It's the best and effective recipe if he really doesn't want to reconcile with his family. That is if wanted reconciliation at all.

beazacha, lyann and RakaSarkar like this.
  3. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is actually not his daughter, which has been spoiled here a couple of pages ago. It seems like the dad knew this and this is a part of the reason why he hates her. But it also seems that there was no love between him and MC’s mother, so it’s not because he’s hurt by her cheating, and there’s a chance he schemed to break her up with her lover to manipulate her into marrying him and to get into Marquis household.

4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I stand corrected. I haven't been on this title's spoilers for a while.
    With that season, I can definitely see why he tries to undermine the MC on all accounts. I guess because he was cuckolded he would try to gain some sort of payback from the FL's mother due to her own cheating. My point about his ego being bruised despite him also cheating still stands a little since no man's ego (as far as I know) would love to be undermined even though it's also clear that he's also a hypocrite in the past.

beazacha likes this.
  5. Teef

Teef Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do we have any spoilers on the creepy 5th prince?

i've read up to ch23 on the manhwa and this dude seems to be growing more and more unstable as time passes.

i'm also wondering why he hates the MC in the first place when she helped him be recognized as royalty? because she's the only one who knows of him before he was a prince and it hurts his ego?

with the hint that he might be concealing a lot of magical power (or maybe he got it from the empress who- some have speculated, has gone back in time too), i'm betting he's going to pull one of those classic obsessive-ex-lover-illegally-confines-MC tropes

Boopbup likes this.
  6. darewin

darewin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC has been in love with Reagan since she was 10 years old. Reagan was the only person who stuck with her while she was grieving her mother's passing and everyone else, including her father, neglected her (Whether it was calculated or Reagan was just kind when he was a child, I'm not sure). Regardless, how can you call her a cheater for having feelings for Reagan when she loved him probably even before she fully understood what the word "fiance" meant? She's loved Reagan years before she met her betrothed, Faylon. And when she decided to finally fully pursue her love for Reagan, she broke off her engagement with Faylon even though it would set back her plan (of making Reagan the Emperor) by several notches.

7. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    To the person who's so affected by the MC's "cheating" should really sit down for a minute. First off, the mc already met the bastard. They became "something" since that bastard was manipulating the mc into believing that he also loves her. And this happened while she was not engaged yet. Keep that in mind. @Azure_1802
    Now imagine her getting engage to another man, who she has never been close with. Does that count as cheating? No. The Ml did not propose to the mc, they are basically in a political engagement. So calling her a cheater is pretty stupid when they have never even talk. They both should know that it's a political engagement. No matter what the Ml's feelings towards her does not matter. He never even tried to talk to her, so it isn't her fault.
    I'm sorry for adding another argument, I'm just so annoyed by this person.

Anyways, can anyone please spoil about the Empress? Like I'm so confused.
    -We found out that that hoe Vienna is actually the dad's real child and that's why she loves her. But it doesn't make sense, Reagan was the one who suggested to bring Vienna to the household, not the father. And we also know the father doesn't love Vienna's mother cuz the mother confessed and said that the dad told her to wait and he will buy her a house(?? Sorry I forgot what he exactly said) but he never did. So is that all an act??? And since Reagan was the one who brought up Vienna, does that mean he has been eyeing on her since the beginning? I was suspecting that maybe they were lovers, but it doesn't look like it. So why is he so keen about her when the Mc was the one who help him?? Was he manipulated by the empress? Like damn, all the men here are stupid.

8. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m just assuming based on the spoilers here, but it seems that the Empress personally hates MC’s family for some reason, so she probably wanted to somehow ruin it.
    I suspect that Reagan has received support from the Empress in return for a promise to ruin MC’s household. And he has received Vienna’s father support in return for getting rid of MC and putting Vienna in a better position.
    As far as he started as an illegitimate child he might have wanted to use MC first, because I find it realy suspicious how nice and caring he was when he needed MC’s help, almost grooming her into what she has become in her 1st life. He probably has found out that Vienna’s father had an actual power in their family so he could have switched to scheme with him because it was a quicker way to get support. And if Reagan had eliminated the rightful heir of that household and put some of his people to rule over it instead of MC he could have gotten rid of them later and received all money.

I also suspect that Vienna’s father was stealing money not only for himself but also for Reagan’s slash fund and in return he was promised to get the support of a future Emperor.
    Another option is that Reagan was actually a kid found and raised by Vienna’s father and the Empress to get more power through making him an Emperor, but it sounds like too much of a conspiracy.

Additionally (though I doubt it was a major factor) even though MC was in love with Reagan she was still engaged with his brother by the Emperor’s order, and the engagement was hard to break. And it was a very good chance to get an insider in his brother’s camp by using MC’s feelings to spy and maybe hurt Valon in the future.

I think Reagan was probably also afraid that with the real power of her household if MC was to become an actual Marquioness and had realized that Reagan was using her she could have ruined his chances for the throne.

It would also make sense that he wanted MC to stay engaged to his brother for a long time so that he could snatch MC’s title and money, and leave his brother with a fiancee without any power, which would significantly reduce Valon’s chances for the throne.
    So in general I think Reagan is a real snake and just uses all opportunities to get a better position.

9. Desperate

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg, thank you so much for explaining cuz my peanut brain would've realize this probably a year later. This actually makes alot more sense. So the big real villain is the empress, who for some reason really hates their family name. And Reagan is a greedy snake along with Vienna, a perfect greedy hoe, and last thing, the greedy father who just wants the title for himself only. Now I wonder what will our Mc and Ml do to take down this shitty people. :aww: I hope for all of them to be in the same cell starving to death or they eat one of them to survive. :blobowoevil:

beazacha, bochucha and LeideLis like this.
  10. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem, though these all are just assumptions based on spoilers here and some reviews. I don’t know the real reason for Reagan’s sociopathic behaviour, but I think there’s a big conspiracy around him. With how k-novels sometimes switch from one direction to another Reagan’s reason can turn out to be just anything actually. But I hope it won’t be too much of a soap-opera with lost memory or revenge out of jealousy or other overused types of plot twists.

I’m really looking forward to more spoilers because I can’t get over the fact that MC’s mother has cheated on her husband for some reason, which means she actually didn’t like him and was probably scammed into getting married to him. If it is true then the scheming around MC’s family and stuff including Reagan were probably a part of a very meticulous plan that has started a long time ago even before MC’s birth.

Desperate likes this.
  11. calladalia

calladalia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the latest release, the prince just met with the empress?

I don't know if this was already spoiled but does the 5th prince also came from the past? Or can he see the future?

12. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn’t look like he knows the future, otherwise he would have assumed that MC knows it too and would have eliminated her. But he persistently tries to follow the same easy path he’s followed in the previous TL and coax MC into a secret relationship.

13. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking about MC's mother and the other two men, maybe it wasn't exactly a 'cheating' affair. I mean, MC's mom and the duke could be lovers but couldn't marry? While it is always right to marry someone with the same standing, that's only one of the requirements and there's still plenty other reason why they couldn't 'just' marry. It could be their political standing, their factions, what's the view of the royal, and it might also add that the mother was an only child. Now as for the marquess, it might just been a contract. You see, while it doesn't matter who is MC's father, for her to be considered a legitimate heir and not a bastard child of an affair, she would need a 'father' that would acknowledge her. It's all in the same sense where an illegitimate child could be acknowledged as long as they're put under the wife's name and that an illegitimate child with questionable birth can't be simply brought home just because it's the heir child. The Mother just needed a marriage to justify MC's birth and the jerk marquess just happen to be an ambitious man that would do anything to climb up.

I'm more inclined to this assumption since a series of cheating is just overly 'emotional' chaotic. If the mother was a naive girl in love with the marquess. I might believe it. But the few flashbacks where it was shown how she secure things for MC before dying shows that she's still a noble raised to be the head. And nobles born in this timeline, tend to do contracts as a logical choice than relied on pure feelings.

14. FaranFluffy

FaranFluffy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoiler on when Mc accepts ML's love or confesses to him?

15. Reinblick123

Reinblick123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I skipped at chapter 294 and mtl it
    So it seems MC has magical abilities and she use it to fight against Rakan (it seems he is possessed by the devil) although she has magical abilities she still struggles to defeat him. but his BioFather and ML will save her. The next thing is Pailon stabs Shit Head Rakan in his heart and the devil leaves his body. Before he died he wants to ask MC's forgiveness but MC's, of course, won't accept and she even ignored when Shit Head Rakan stretches out his hands toward MC before he died.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  16. Dhiyfal

Dhiyfal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love how FL didn't care for Rakan even at the end of his life, but honestly not that BS of "he actually loves her and is only become horrible because he got possessed" again. :blobunamused::facepalm::blobconfused:

Well at least the asshole got a miserable end~ :blobparty:

svtspeach, Tofufufu and evanesco99211 like this.
  17. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think he got possessed accidentally like in some novels with lazy writing. It was probably a contract with a devil made because of his greed to have something he couldn’t have had with his own strength, this is why MC didn’t need to forgive Rakan, because in the end he is just a douchebag. If it’s a case of an accidental possession of a pure little illegitimate prince by a big scary demon I’ll be very disappointed in the author.

18. randomUser01

randomUser01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just asking, but in MC's second life, did ̶R̶a̶k̶a̶n̶ trash asshole ever force himself onto MC? If yes, I'm gonna get hit by truck-kun, fling myself into the novel and castrate that trash.

Rose thorns and Yume-sama like this.
  19. Desperate

Reading List:
    Link
    Any fluff moment of mc with his Bio-father? And what is his title?

20. Kisame-Hoshigaki

Kisame-Hoshigaki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any certain spoiler as to why the Empress hates MC so much?

I your Father likes this.