Spoiler I've become the male lead's sister 남주의 시한부 여동생이 된다는 건

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by limueee, Sep 6, 2020.

1. limueee

limueee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Other Titles: I've Become the Time-Limited Male Lead's Sister.
    Novel Serialization: Completed
    Korean Raws: Ridibooks
    NovelUpdates: Link

Synopsis:
    Evangeline, who was reincarnated as the male lead’s younger sister, only had one year left to live. While her love struck pathetic brother followed the heroine to the ends of the earth, she decided to find the man of destiny who could save her. The only clue Evangeline was given was that he was blonde. With a plan in mind, she snuck out the mansion in anticipation of finding him. But somehow, things began to move strangely. Instead of fate, she kept running into a brown-haired boy who was devilishly handsome.

“Will you take responsibility for my first time?” he said.

He was too handsome to be a supporting character, Evangeline thought. Was he the emperor? Or a crook? There’s no way the author would give such beauty to a supporting character of a novel. He’s definitely the other male lead… the emperor.

“Are you the emperor?” Evangeline asked with confidence.

“…No.”

If not, then never mind… but why was he so dazzling? While agonizing in such thought, she was swept away by him.

“Wait, I don’t think I can. This feels weird.”

“Is it strange to feel good?”

“It’s weird.”

“Why don’t you like it when you feel good? Can’t you just keep feeling good?”

Never mind. She decided to rest in peace. She wasn’t interested in magic, nor men, nor did she want to recover the memories she’s lost. Just… let her die comfortably! But… this annoying man keeps involving himself with her… even brought a dog leash…

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    Zepelim, Nikibunny, feng nao and 23 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
    itsgraxiabibi likes this.
  3. Malacat

Malacat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *plops down a chair* All right, color me interested. I need more info.

4. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    Count me in. Thank you for creating this thread @limulimu . I've already keep an eye when will this series thread created:blobpeek:

5. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    it it smut? if not does it have any cute or romantic scenes?

6. BlackKittyGirl900

BlackKittyGirl900 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone from WordExcerpt has translated the first chapter & what I saw from the tags on their website, it had smut in it. Soo...we could be expecting something :blobowoevil::blobowoevil:

Yep, as I said in the above, someone from WordExcerpt has translated the first chapter

7. limueee

Reading List:
    Link
    Er...not sure know why it's tagged with "smut" as ridibooks hasn't tagged this series with a 19+ on the cover and on the series web page but then I haven't read through all the chapters yet...:blobtired:

So far it's kinda comical through chapter 5 as you've got the following information so far...

The novel our FL Evangeline has been reincarnated in is called "I will Live the life of the Grand Duchess". :blobsweat_2:

Damian - Evangeline's Brother, the novel's male lead. Seems that Beatrice (the original novel's heroine) has left him and that's a sore spot for him as he constantly pines over her. :blobsmirk:

Joseph - Evangeline's over protective Dad (previous duke) postpones his campaign of fighting monsters in the North because his daughter's injury due to the kidnapping. He really dotes on his daughter.

Countess Linzheim - Evangeline's mother that manages dad :blobowoevil_horns:

Eve - Evangeline's maid who's pretty funny with our FL. Her character reminds me of the maid in I Stole The Male Lead’s First Night who cares about her mistress but is also is exasperated with her. She reminds Evangeline of all her past bad incidents she's got herself into. :blob_pout:

Mysterious tall man who smokes a cigarette - after the bungled kidnapping, the man violently beats his subordinate at the abandoned warehouse where Evangeline and Margaret, Countess of Saxony were held during the kidnapping.

And our mysterious brown-haired ML who is even more handsome than her brother or the supposed emperor, has currently given his name to Evangeline as 'Emil' - which she knows is not really is real name. Just his alias. They first meet when he finds her just lying on the dirt ground after jumping out the window from escaping the kidnappers. She misses the boxes that were suppose to cradle her fall. He carries a broken legged Evangeline to safety while she's passed out. :aww:

Don't know what power he has but the chapter it describes as she looks into his eyes, she get's dizzy and starts to loose consciousness. Not sure what that happening or what ability he has.

The whole kidnapping scene is kinda hysterical.

I have up to chapter 20 so I'll continue to read to see if get's more interesting...not sure yet. If I find it as funny as I think it is like The planned first kiss 첫 키스는 계획적으로, I'll try to post chapter summaries as soon as I can.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  8. BlackKittyGirl900

BlackKittyGirl900 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh is it not smut then? Aww, I was kinda hoping for some...spiciness... :blobwhistle::blobwhistle:
    :blobconfounded::blobconfounded:

And seriously, what is up with these titles that the main characters are getting transmigrated/reincarnated into? :notlikeblob::notlikeblob:

Thanks for the spoilersss :blobparty::blobparty:

9. Khalala

Khalala Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG YOURE A GODDESS @limulimu :blobangel::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:
    I'll wait patiently for your spoiler :blobsmilehappyeyes:

10. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    EcI4tJhU8AMOCXg.jpg
    Description:
    Evangeline, who was reincarnated as the male lead’s younger sister, only had one year left to live. While her lovestruck pathetic brother followed the heroine to the ends of the earth, she decided to find the man of destiny who could save her. The only clue Evangeline was given was that he was blonde. With a plan in mind, she snuck out the mansion in anticipation of finding him. But somehow, things began to move strangely. Instead of fate, she kept running into a brown-haired boy who smelled fishy.

“Will you take responsibility for my first time?” he said.

He was too handsome to be a supporting character, Evangeline thought. Was he the emperor? Or a crook? There’s no way the author would give such beauty to a supporting character of a novel. He’s definitely the other male lead… the emperor.

“Are you the emperor?” Evangeline asked with confidence.

“…No.”

If not, then nevermind… but why was he so dazzling? While agonizing in such thought, she was swept away by him.

“Wait, I don’t think I can. This feels weird.”

“Is it strange to feel good?”

“It’s weird.”

“Why don’t you like it when you feel good? Can’t you just keep feeling good?”

Nevermind. She decided to rest in peace. She wasn’t interested in magic, nor men, nor did she want to recover the memories she’s lost. Just… let her die comfortably! But… this annoying man keeps involving himself with her… even brought a dog leash…

Emma626 and Dragon_Reader like this.
  11. limueee

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers from ch 1-6

So the 1st chapter was already translated on wordexcerpt. At the end of that chapter, Evangeline tells Margaret the reason why she was kidnapped is because she's the male lead's sister. :blobowoevil:

Margaret is totally confused as Evangeline continues to explain while lifting up boxes and boards to create a make-shift stairs to the ceiling.

Evangeline tells Margaret to image a young sister who's weak and sick, being kidnapped. She dies and when then closes the heart of the brother. (T/N: He's devastated he couldn't rescue his sister). The brother (male lead) won't open his heart again until he meets the heroine and she becomes special in his eyes because she will comfort him and help to open his heart and heal his pain.

(T/N: she's basically describing how the scene of her life will pan out)
    Margaret goes, okay...she guesses this makes sense? :blobneutral:

Evangeline continues saying "At the end, the heroine/female protagonist can comfort her husband, who is grieving over his sister's death due to a chronic disease so the two will reunite,"

Margaret who is following Evangeline asks "Yes but you don't have to die do you?" :blobwoah:

"Oh, I can't help it. That's the way it is." Evangeline replies firmly. :blobsweat_2:

Margaret's head is a mess right now trying to understand this logic. :blobdizzy: Thinking there needs be a path better than death she quickly says, "Well, since the Grand Duke is as great as the novel’s male protagonist, you are saying that she (the ill sister) will surely be saved!"

Evangeline thinks well that remark cuts out all the important parts of the novel, but Margaret isn't wrong and tells her "Yes, someone will define definitely rescue them. "

Margaret informs Evangeline admiring, you're really thoughtful.

Evangeline then asks if Margaret has calmed down. She tells her yes and thanks her for asking. Then Margaret watches as Evangeline climbs ups the steps toward the ceiling. She follows.

As the hit the ceiling the find an opening above. Evangeline looks at Margaret and tells her , "Shall we escape through the ceiling?"

M: "What"? She is confused. "I though the Grand Duke was coming to rescue you."

E: "I only said they were coming, but we don’t know when it’s going to happen. So until then let's hide in a safe place before our clothes get ruined and they are caught."

Because the windows are blocked, the doors are blocked, so to escape they were going to go through the ceiling. Margaret acknowledges that she no choice but to agree the imposing remark. "Oh, I see, ······."

Evangeline helps Margaret up first and she weakly hops up the hole in the ceiling and is out of breath. Margaret concerned asks her if she alright.

Evangeline tells her she's fine, she's just a little weak in body. As they move to another corner of the ceiling they hear voices.

Two men are talking and they mention how they were suppose to kidnapped black-haired woman. Evangeline has white hair. Margaret has a different colored hair. :facepalm:

Evangeline thinks they're idiots. But it doesn't matter to her as their just side/minor characters in this novel.

The mention their leader is Lord Krahe. The decide the can take the princess (Evangeline) and kill the other girl. Margaret goes pale.

Evangeline thinks this is a good time to leave. The walk to another area of the ceiling and below is a small
    room with a window.

Evangeline asks Margaret if she's good at running. She tells her "No...".
    E: "It didn't look like it." Oh well, Evangeline just asked as a common courtesy. So she tells Margaret then don't go too far and hide in the nearby forest while she distracts their pursuers in the opposite direction.

The break threw the floor and climb own into the small room. They open the window. Evangeline helps Margaret escape first making sure she lands in the boxes below to soften her fall.

Evangeline is about to jump out when a group of men open the door to the room and starts to yell the prisoners are escaping. :blobfearful:

Evangeline quickly takes off her shoes and shucks at the men, hitting one in the face and jumps out the window. :blobokhand:

Because her body is not very well coordinated, she misses the boxes and painfully lands on the dirt mound below. She's lying flat one back and she can't move because as her whole body is throbbing and her legs are in pain. She lies there wondering when Damien (her brother) will arrive as he should be there any moment now.

Then a deep voice greets her "hello". Amused he asks "What are you doing? Playing a dead in a pile of dust?"

Evangeline is in shock as in the first 22 years of her life no one has ever talked to her so boldly or so informally. She wants to tell him off but he takes off his cape and she is stunned silent at how incredibly handsome this brown-haired man is. :blobowoevil:

While she's distracted by his good looks, the man gentle lifts her into his arms. They're talking so informally that she doesn't even notice. Then she shakes out telling herself to stop being distracted by his face and asks him where her brother is.

The man looks at her confused. She explains that Damian is the Grand Duke Knecht, she is the his sister and Countess Saxony were kidnapped....

Suddenly Evangeline gets drowsy. She wonders if his good looking face is too much of a stimuli for her. :blobsweat:

The man goes, "And..?" he touches her eyelids with his gloved hands.

"---Countess of Saxony, you must find the young lady and take her home safely...." Evangeline murmurs and looses consciousness.
    Evangeline is at the capital. She has been invited as a guest to Margaret Saxony's wedding.

She is in the out walking toward the wedding venue when her name is called from a far. It is a young Count Sekhmet (세크메트) whose been pursuing her for marriage since she last danced with him at the ball.

FYI - Basically she was inebriated a the last ball and told everyone she danced with that was looking for her fated partner (to save her). They think she's looking for marriage and has had 20 proposals so far. :blobsweat_2:

She runs away from him and hides behind a deserted alleyway. Due to her weak body she is out of breath and is relieved when he does not discover her hiding place. She rests her head against the stone wall thinking about this fated blond man she's suppose to find to save her, a minor character of the novel she's in.

Suddenly a man appears in the alleyway. She doesn't recognize him as he is wearing a black cape over his head. He sees her, smiles, and starts to approach her. As he get's near she sees a grin on his face and she's about to yell when he covers her mouth and pulls down his hood.

It's our brown-haired rescuer from the kidnapping arc. :blobmelt:

"You--!" The man who disappeared from the evening without a trace. His purple eyes gaze Evangeline as he smiles.
    "We meet again" he tells her affectionately. :blobowoevil:

She is in a dazed by his good looks when they hear the clacking of military boots approach. Evangeline realizes that he's being chased.

It's suspicious and she wants to ask him so many questions when he lifts up his hands from her mouth and puts an index finger to his lips indicating her to be silent. She nods.

He positions himself as a shield in front of her to protect her and then wraps his arms around her in a lovers embrace as the soldiers discover them. :blobnosebleed:

As the soldiers enter the alley, he quickly blocks them from seeing her face and whispers tickling her ear, "I'm sorry. Please wait her for a few minutes."

One of the soldier breaks off to come closer and Evangeline feels the the man holding her grows tense. She thinks 'shall I rescue the man who helped me?'

She also thinks well since this world is the world of a romance novel there's only one way to stop the solider's interrogation.

Evangeline hooks her leg around the man's waist. :blob_pout:

She pulls her hands from his neck and puts her hands on his cheeks and pulls him down at an angle where their lips are almost touching.:blobmelt:

The man holding Evangeline suddenly stops breathing and then he changes his expression and smiles. He lifts Evangeline even closer to him. :blobnosebleed: With one arm support her, he wraps his other around her head to cushion her as he presses them to the stone wall.

The man whispers, "...it's too close."

Evangeline puts her hands into his hair and pull him even more close thinking hey, if you're going to do this, you've got to do it right. :blobrofl:

Their make-believe lover's position makes the soldiers so uncomfortable they leave.
    Finally there is silence in the alley way. Evangeline looks to see the soldiers disappear. When she turns her head the man moves his head too and they realize their lips are very close to each other. Both don't move staring at each other for a moment when finally he gently releases her. :blobowoevil_horns:

While she's tiding herself including her hair, she asks him why he was being chased. He doesn't answer her instead he pulls a lock of her hair to her forehead and says "Looks familiar."

She looks at him confused. Is he familiar to her? She asks him what's wrong is this his first time? (First time in a lover's position)

He teases her, "Will you take responsibility for my first time?" :blob_pout:

E: "No? Why would I? I was helping you because you were in trouble with a pure heart, and it was you---.”
    Evangeline’s speech was to draw a firm line between them was stopped. It was because she saw the man's face. While admiring the damn good-looking appearance, words just escaped out of her mind.
    E: "My responsibility... that's right. How am I supposed to remedy this--no, that’s not what I mean!"

“It’s alright”,' he replied brilliantly. His hand brushed gently over Evangeline's pale silver hair.
    Carefully sweeping his fingers over the tangled areas of her head.

In the meantime, Evangeline stared at the man's face. He really is so handsome. Was there such a handsome man in the original film other than the emperor and Damien?​

Finally, she asks him for his name. He's hesitant and finally says "Emil". She knows this is not his real name but doesn't push it.

She turns around and asks if he's curious about her name.

He tells her Evangeline.
    She is shocked. She sputters, wait, you've known all a long?!?

He nods. Evangeline is so annoyed and she questions if he knew why did he talk to her without honorifics and talked to her like he didn't know. (T/N she's used to be addressed as a noble all her life)

He challenges if there is a law the punishes people for not being respectful to a noble. Irked that he's right she tells him "Fine, speak to me informally." and walks away from him because they'll never see each other again.

Evangeline walks away irritated but relieved and and heads to the wedding venue.

Suddenly 'Emil' appears right by her side, saying "Hi, we meet again. Where are you going?" :blobsweat_2:

Evangeline wants to ignore him so she decides not stop to talk with him and continues walking (abit faster) and tells him, "Nothing you need to know."

'Emil' chuckles going, "I See."

Evangeline snaps, "Why are you following me?"

“You said you'd take responsibility.”

She retorts, “It was a slip of the tongue. I've been mentally and physically weak lately."

:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

Evangeline is irked because she thinks he's after her status because she is the sister of the Grand Duke. She thinks he's just like all the other suitors though he's better looking than all of them. :blobsweat:

He's walking side by side and she snaps at him, "This is too much!" as she's trying not get distracted by his handsome face that seems to make her loose her nerve.

He tells her it couldn't be helped. She retorts back yes it can and "Stop looking at me. My face is worn out"
    “But I’m happy to see you.”

Evan: "I don't believe you." Finally the reach the mansion where the wedding will take place she turns him thinking finally he'll be out of her life and tells him, "Let's break up neatly instead of some clingy words, okay?"

Emil softened his gaze. "Very well."

Then he left Evangeline, who openly showed signs of relief, and went inside the mansion ahead of her.

"-----!"

Emil, "Just in time, I too also have a wedding invitation."

He thanked her for saving him. Evangeline looked alternately between the invitation and Emil as if dumbfounded.

'This man, he knew where she was going all this time!!

Emil chuckled calmly as he gazed at her.​
    The wedding attendant takes them and sits them at the same table. ( :blobrofl: LMAO) Still really miff at 'Emil' threatens him to NOT follow her as she goes the bridal room.

There she meets Margaret who thanks her again and tells her she will throw the bridal bouquet to her for saving her life.

Evangeline returns to their table trying to ignore 'Emil' waiting for the ceremony to begin. Waiting she begins to pick up any dessert that is there, but

'Emil' suddenly intervenes and and takes away the dessert telling her "That's too sweet for you and doesn't suit your tastes."

"How do you know my tastes?"

Emil put the other dessert on the table in front of Evangeline. “You like moderately sweet and bitter desserts."

"-----."

It was exactly Evangeline’s taste.

When she shot him a look with a suspicious eyes, he speculated that, "It was just a guess."

"Honestly. Who did you ask to do the research on me? Are you looking to get a mining business from the Grand Duke?"

"No."

"I followed you on purpose today," Emil grinned.

"Who knew that the great princess would be hiding in a dirty alleyway?"

“----.” She could not respond.​

Finally she demands to see is ID. He chuckles and pulls out a card. It says "Emil, a seventh-grade officer in charge of the imperial concourse------." A lower-level investigator's identification card bearing the imperial seal.

They're walking outside to wait for the newly bride and groom to appear. She still has his ID card. She questions if is ID card is legit. He tells her it is. Just then she sees the persistent Count Sekhmet who also sees Evangeline and rushes to her gleefully. Cringing she tries to hide but he comes up and asks if she got his proposal letter. She's trying to find an excuse when 'Emil' intervenes by putting his hands on her shoulders.

The young count sputters who this man is! Evangeline quickly tells the count that he is THAT person (fated one). He doesn't believe her when she finally adds, "I'm sorry Count Sekmeth,...uh.... I like...er handsome men." :blobrofl: This statement makes the count cry out in disbelief. Devastated he walks away.

With the count finally gone she breathes out a sigh of relief. But she hears a a teasing voice who asks her.

"So Evangeline, you like handsome men?"

"Uh.."

"Am I not handsome?"

"Do you really need to ask me that?​

:blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

The wedding ceremony is concluded and Margaret throws the bridal bouquet. She throws it so high that it passes Evangeline and 'Emil' catches it behind her and hands it to her. Everyone is watching and whispering. Margaret smiles waving her hand as Evangeline lifts up the flowers to smell them.

When she turns around, 'Emil' smiles as he looks at her. She asks him why he's smiling. He tells her that it matches.

Evangeline prepares to leave in a carriage and hands back his card telling him next time he needs to forge his ID properly the next time, indicating she knows it's a fake.

A surprised 'Emil' asks her how does she know this. She points out the that only the royal family can use gold in the position of the lettering.

He looks at her for a moment and then smiles telling her, she's right. Evangeline tells him farewell.

He offers to accompany her in the carriage and she tells him a resounding "No.":blobowoevil:

Emil waits until the carriage is out of site. A man approaches Emil bowing, his name is Sir Lillian . He asks if Emil has found what he is looking for. Emil tells him he believe so and then comments that the man can call him by his name when they are outside. Sir Lillian tells him he would never dare to the Lord.

Emil tells Sir Lillian fine, few people in the empire know my face anyways.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  12. quarantine is good

quarantine is good its august

Reading List:
    Link
    goddamn thats cute.

Dianatouille and limueee like this.
  13. Rika Summer

Rika Summer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your spoilers. Got me wanting more:blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

14. Aquaa

Aquaa 『We Lost The Summer』

Reading List:
    Link
  15. limueee

Reading List:
    Link
    A spoiler from Ch. 7-10

Evangeline is sitting at a cafe bored staring outside a window. She’s waiting to watch a reunion scene of her brother Damien (the novel’s male lead) and Beatrice, his wife (the novel’s female lead).

Suddenly the appear outside a restaurant. They’re having an argument and a curious Evangeline who wants to hear them sneaks outside to hear more. She hides herself in the crowd that is also standing around to witness the arguing couple. Stuck in the crowd she steps on the hem of her dress and stumbles. Losing her balance she falls backwards into a pair of arms that hold her steady up. Evangeline looks up at her rescuer. :blobwoah:

A pair of amused purple irises framed on a very handsome face looks down at her. :blob_pout:

“Hi”, says ‘Emil’. :aww:

“Emil?” Evangeline doesn’t know if she can get used to how good looking he is. She quickly moves to stand up straight but they're still stuck in the crowd. ‘Emil’ still continues to hold her. Trying not to look at him she asks him to let go. He narrows his eyes and lets her go.

Evangeline, “I thought I told you to not follow me.”

“I just happened to be here and saw you.” said ‘Emil’. :blobamused:

She looks him over, he’s wearing a dark suit. The design is simple but the fabric is of the highest quality.

“You’re not a commoner.” she comments looking at him. She ponders the usual novels she’s read. Men this good looking are usually male leads and there are few supporting characters with level of looks too. Hm...unless it would make sense for the emperor of the country to hide his identity as a commoner...still. :hmm:

‘Emil’ looks at her confused.

She finally asks him, “Are you the emperor?” :blobowoevil:
    Sinclair Castilien Risenhardt is the name of the current emperor, thinks Evangeline. But why would the emperor spend his time here with me who’s spying on my brother?

“Or not.” Evangeline adds. :notlikeblob:

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” replies ‘Emil’​

Evangeline agrees, her thoughts are absurd. The crowd has thinned as Evangeline looks around.

”Wait a moment. Where’s Damien?”
    “He left with the Grand Duchess.” and he points to the direction where he couple headed off to.
    “What--Wait, why are you telling me this just now?”
    “Because you just ask.” :blob_pout:

Irked she turns to walk a few steps and realizes she’s limping. She looks bitterly at her legs. Her ankles are throbbing. Then she turns to look at ‘Emil’ who was still watching her.

“...Help me?”
    “--Yes?”​

‘Emil’ strides up to her. She reached out thinking to hold onto his arms but instead he bends over and lifts her up in his arms. :blobmelt:

Surprised, she grabs his coat, “What?”

“I’m helping.”
    “Wait you don’t have to do this!”
    “Your leg hurts when you walk. So don’t move as much as possible”​

Evangeline thinks he is right, this is easier and throws her arms around his neck and lends on his broad shoulder inhaling masculine scent. She thinks dang-it, visual (handsome), audio (lovely voice), and olfactory (smells good)--- he’s so distracting. :blobrofl::blobrofl:

Thanks to 'Emil's long strides, they easily catch up and Evangeline sees Damien and Beatrice. She turns her head to look at ‘Emil’ and whispers in his ear. “We’re going to keep going on like this.”

He flinches. Then he moves his head away from her.:blob_pout:

“Uncomfortable?” she asks. Evangeline sees a shake of the head. Well it’s too comfortable she thinks. Then she wonders if her hair tickled his ear.

Feeling her gaze on him, ‘Emil’ turns his head to look at her. “What’s wrong?” :blobwoah:

“It tickles.”
    “What are you--”
    “The ear.”
    “Huh?”
    “It’s sensitive”
    “Oh, uh--yes--”​

Evangeline looks at his ears curious why they are so sensitive that they react at the slightest touch.

She reaches to touch his ear and asks, “How sensitive--Ahh!”

‘Emil’ almost drops Evangeline but quickly recovers telling Evangeline, “Sorry, just adjusting my arms.” :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl:

“-----.”

Evangeline is dumbfounded.

A few minutes later after discussing what the proper position as to not touch his sensitive ear. Evangeline ends up sitting on his shoulders with his coat folded up to cover her face so people can't see her face very well.

People passing by give them a strange look as they stare at the couple who looks like a telephone pole. :blob_pout:

‘Emil’ finally asks Evangeline, “Why are you following him?”

“I wanted to see how my brother is doing today and see how quickly they will reconcile.”

“Well, that won’t be easy.”

“Well of course it won’t be easy---wait...did you know the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess are fighting?”

“He’s a career soldier”

“Yes. Part of your investigation.” (T/N: She recalls him saying he as an investigator)​
    They stop around the corner to watch the couple enter a downtown theater.

Evangeline tells ‘Emil’ they’re going in as well.

“This?”

“Yes.”

Emil looked at the poster on the wall with a subtle expression. It was a picture of a blonde boy standing in the middle wearing a red cape.

“What's the matter?”

“Hmm. No.” He returned to his usual expression.​

Evangeline is placed back down on the ground and tries to walk to the theater and her leg trembles again. Seeing this 'Emil' easily lifts her up his arms and carries her to the theater. :blobowoevil_horns: Evangeline does her best to not tickle his ear. :blobrofl:

Once inside they are guided to the 3rd floor to the royal seat section and Evangeline leans on the railing to watch the Grand Duke and Duchess below observing the play. ‘Emil’ sits next to Evangeline.

“Is the relationship between the Grand Duke and Duchess so important?” he asks.

“Yes, it is. Damien needs to be with Beatrice so he can stop interfering with my life.” :blob_pout:

“That’s understandable.” He smiled and nodded his head.​

Evangeline has been noticing how ‘Emil’ continues to talk to her so informally and so she points this out to him. She asks him if his parents ever taught him about talking to nobility.

‘Emil’ tells her casually “No parents. It’s been a long time since they have been gone.” :blobpensive:

With the conversation turning suddenly serious, Evangeline quickly apologizes to ‘Emil’.

They stare at each other in silence for a moment when ‘Emil’ gently reaches out and adjusts her hair that was slightly messy from his coat.

“Evangeline.”

“What?”

“The play is about to start.” :blobowoevil:

The play was titled "The Boy King and the Lake Fairy," which was gaining high popularity among the common people these days with a cliché story of overcoming adversity of the noble main character with easy-to-understand lines.

The play is based on the legend of King Arthur. A king who lost his parents ascending the throne at a young age, where his uncle is plotting treason in the wake of an uneasy situation. The boy king, forced in a corner, meets a lake fairy by chance. The story continues with he boy king defeating his uncle with the help of a fairy. At the end the boy king and fairy got married and lived happily ever after.

Evangeline ignores the play and observes her brother instead. Beatrice still seems angry at her brother but less angry than what she was so that’s a good sign so she turns to watch the play.

In the end, Evangeline begins to doze off from the scene where a fairy saved the stabbed emperor. She rests her head against the sofa and closes her eyes and falls asleep.

‘Emil’ calls her name but she doesn’t respond. He gently tilts her head to rest against his shoulder so that she can be more comfortable. :blobmelt:

‘Emil’ turns his gaze back to the play. He comments outload, "No matter how dramatic it is, I think the exaggeration is too much. I'm afraid there will be some misunderstanding."

A challenging voice behind him tells him, “You were the one who ordered the message, your majesty.” :blobsleepless:
    “I did. Was it effective?”

“Yes, your movements have been quiet for several weeks.” says Sir Albrecht, the emperor's escort. There was a tone of dissatisfaction.

"Continue."

"It's not an extremely unstable situation, so why do you have to take this indirect approach? With your own power, you'll be able to encircle the Grand Duke's mansion."

"Oh, it's not something that can be solved so simply."

"You still don't want to share your blueprint for this."

"You don't have to ask questions that know the answer”​

Sir Albrecht snorts and finally asks if ‘Emil’ is looking for a bride as he sees a sleeping Evangeline.

“Well.”

Exasperated Sir Albrecht tells ‘Emil’, “At this point, please send a formal proposal. To your grandmother and others. It’s embarrassing to see the emperor be an old bachelor.” :blobsweat_2:

‘Emil does not respond to Sir Albrechts provocation and instead responds with a snarky retort “Hoping Sir Albrechts croaks” as he covers his coat over Evangeline’s shoulders. :blob_pout:

They continue their comical banner until Sir Albrechts apologizes if he’s pushing too much, bows, and leaves ‘Emil’ who sits there after the play is over. When almost everyone has left, he gently rises trying not to wake Evangeline. :blobowoevil:

Evangeline opens her eyes and a gentle voice asks her if she’s awake now. She looks around and realizes the play is over. Still sleepy she asks ‘Emil’, "Did you enjoy the play? "Did the fairy save the prince from being poisoned?”

“Uh-huh. Are you pretending you don’t know or do you really not know.”

Evangeline tells him she really doesn’t know because she fell asleep. He comments that it wasn’t a very good play in the first place.

‘Emil’ carries Evangeline (who still can’t walk) to her house. Suspicious she asks ‘Emil’ how does she know where she lives? :blobowoevil_horns:

He tells her it’s just an occupational disease that he knows all the houses that belong to nobels.

“Really?” Evangeline thinks so he knows faces, nobles, people and where they live..is he some swindler?

After he sets her down, she pulls out some high denomination bills from her purse and hands them to ‘Emil’.

‘Emil’ stares at the money and then at Evangeline.

“Buy some new clothing. The clothing you’re wearing is pretty but awkward. They look like a nobleman trying to blend in as a commoner”

At Evangeline's words, he stiffened for a moment and then burst into laughter.

“Why are you laughing? Is my money so funny?”

“Ahahaha!”

She takes more money of her purse, "And, I don't know how much your employer paid you for it, but take this and give it up."
    (T/N: She still thinks he’s after something due to her status and title.)

“Everyone like you has failed, so please give up.”

Instead of agreeing with Evangeline, ‘Emil’ grins at her and tells her, “I’m different.”

“I’m handsome.” He blatantly tells her. :blob_pout:

“I know you’re handsome. So just keep looking.” Evangeline knows she can’t deny it. He is the most handsome man she’s ever met.

She tells him to use his face/looks in an honest way and have a healthy life.

He tells, her “I’ll think about it” as he holds onto the bills she gave him. :blobsweat:

“Thank you. Well that’s enough greetings. Good-bye. Let us not see each other again.”

“Yes, I’ll see you again.” :blobowoevil:

Evangeline is at the porch and starts to open the door when she turns around and asks ‘Emil’, “You’re not really His Majesty Sinclair, are you?”

“Who’s Sinclair?” :blobsleepless:

Of course not, thinks Evangeline. Just because it’s the world of the book doesn’t mean everything in the book actually happens.

“Nothing. Never-mind.” :blobexpressionless:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  16. biha

biha Mr. Callisto's soulmate

Reading List:
    Link
    KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA thank youuuuuuuuu @limulimu :blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom::blob_pompom:

Spoilme and aneliese like this.
  17. foodiedaemon

foodiedaemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so is this is manhwa form?

lazynoodles likes this.
  18. mia-chan

mia-chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. milktea05

milktea05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can you read the novel in english??

twilight_123 likes this.